Airpods 2nd generation model number
The Mazda RX7 Reddit
2011.04.24 03:39 kevmac The Mazda RX7 Reddit
The Mazda RX-7 Subreddit, home of the brap.
2008.01.26 21:23 Malaysia
A subreddit for Malaysia and all things Malaysian.
2016.11.13 00:54 gabeb71 /r/GlockMod
The Official Modified Glock Subreddit
2023.05.29 03:47 itsIzumi Congratulations to the winner of Ultimate Singles at Smash Revolution 2023!
submitted by itsIzumi
to smashbros [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:44 FLITguy2021 how to fix bad block on raid volume?
TLDR bad block events on specific raid bay as noted on hyperv hypervisor, replaced disk but same event for exact same block on same disk!
is this isolated to volume as its presented to host or a disk issue? im confused. ive read into this and 100 other events from logs and dont seem to be getting anywhere.
this issue has been plaguing me for a month and causing all sorts of ruckus in preventing some migration tasks to new virtual server(hyperv) and getting good backups. new client, in complete disarray, ive prob put closer to 150hrs into righting the ship over last 3 days, sorting out all sorts of things, most notably though, focused on the storage issues. havnt been able to get a good backup, copy of share data. stream timeout on any kind of job. the guest machne stored on this raid volume is a hyper v 2012, with an E: that was snapshotted/has been turned into a differential since January (i could shoot the guy who started this) which fails to merge due to what i believe at the root is bad block events. is a local storage issue. proliant gen8 ml 350p, p420i controller, 6 disk RAID6 "volume 2" in bays 3-8 with 300gb 6gbSAS drives of 3 dif models. during my initial review i found bay 7 was failed since at least march of '23. successfully replaced and rebuild ok after much precaution and preventative measures. still no added success, rolled the dice on HP SPP updates that have NEVER been done, nor did i want to do anything that might make things worse, but i felt i did as much as i could and proceeded. SPP successful(did not do firmware on drives yet and am extremely hesitant to do so but i have the firmware files in hand), but issue still existed, and only when the guest vm is turned on or active which resides on the raid volume2 "E:" on hyperv host. the SPP allowed more verbose events and found evidence of bay 8 being culprit of the bad block event, and found some other concerning errors with this drive. i went ahead and replaced today, parity and rebuild successful, but issue still exists.
theres so much to this project but i think its dumbed down to storage and perhaps my understanding of how to tackle this is offbase.
would chk dsk within vm guest or on raid volume be worth while? (i thought against it but ill confess i did it against the E:\ on hyperv prior to the 2nd drive replacement, it found some items but also said no free space to reassign bad blocks. (1.1tb on 1.2tb volume, 500gb of which is stuck in the flipping difference disk which i cant merge). ive tried migrating to no avail.
event id below, which occurred before and after both drive replacements, make it make sense please!
Logical drive 2 of array controller P420i [Embedded] returned a fatal error during a read/write request from/to the volume.
Logical block address 2530397800, block count 2048 and command 32 were taken from the failed logical I/O request.
Array controller P420i [Embedded] is also reporting that the last physical drive to report a fatal error condition (associated with this logical request), is located in bay 8 of box 1 connected to port 2I.
submitted by FLITguy2021
to sysadmin [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:43 mrjoecolombo Can’t keep it going…
| || |
Can’t get this one to run… submitted by mrjoecolombo to lawnmowers [link] [comments]
Here’s what I’ve done:
•Drained fuel tank and added fresh gas •Checked / cleaned spark plug •Installed a new carb
It will start if I spray carb cleaner directly into the carb, but only for 3 seconds… I’m at my wits end. Any advice??
2023.05.29 03:42 Salty_Ad_7532 Mom has foul opinion on therapy
It always seems as if the Boomer generation always downplays general therapy. She says she puts her worries in the hands of the Lord (meaning God) It makes me sick. I go to therapy and I have my psychiatry visits when needed only to help myself and be able to function. She doesn't seem to understand that she's all sorts of screwed up due to her family and the way they treated her. She annoys the hell out of me and I just want peace.
We live 20 mins from each other. She relies on me for a number of household duties that she's unable to do and it takes a lot out of me. Sorry, just needed to vent.
submitted by Salty_Ad_7532
to mentalhealth [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:42 Massive_Level_7127 What Are Bluetooth Bone Conduction Headsets and Can They Damage Your Hearing?
| || | submitted by Massive_Level_7127 to HeyNewGadget [link] [comments]
This is an era of frequent disasters, but also an era of heroes. At the scene of emergencies such as earthquakes, fires, and floods, there are always respectable firefighters who are desperate to save lives. Various equipment enters the rescue scene with firefighters, among which communication equipment is the most important. The harsh environment of the rescue site is a huge challenge for firefighters to communicate.
To solve this problem, people have equipped firefighters with a new communication artifact — tactical Bluetooth bone conduction headsets to help firefighters listen to clear instructions in noisy and harsh environments, so that they can accurately and quickly reply to information. Tactical Bluetooth bone conduction headsets relatively bulky. Based on the same principle of sound transmission, engineers have developed this type of headphones for ordinary users. In the past two years, they have become a phenomenon-level earphone product and are very popular among young people.
What are Bluetooth bone conduction headsets?
Bone conduction earphones are earphones that “attach the sounding unit to the temple and other parts, convert the sound into mechanical vibration by the sounding unit, cause the bone to vibrate through the mechanical vibration, and conduct the sound to the auditory nerve from the bone”. Simply put, Bluetooth bone conduction headsets are headphones that use human bones as the sound transmission medium.
Bluetooth bone conduction headsets are a new application of mature technology. Its technology is widely used in the military, fire protection, hearing aids, and other fields. Daily listening to music is a newly expanded application field of bone conduction earphones. However, it is foreseeable that the field of listening to music will make Bluetooth bone conduction headsets more popular.
However, some people are worried that bone conduction headsets will damage hearing
Can Bluetooth bone conduction headsets damage hearing?
Bluetooth bone conduction headsets are usually less harmful to the ears, but if used for a long time and at excessive volume, hearing damage can occur.
Since Bluetooth bone conduction headsets do not need to be plugged into the ear canal when worn, they will not cause damage to the ear due to wearing them. They transmit sound without passing through the ear canal and eardrum, which avoids eardrum damage caused by vibrating the eardrum.
When the Bluetooth bone conduction headsets are used, the ear canal is kept open, which is important for the hygiene of the ear. And they will not cause the ear canal to be wet and stuffy to breed bacteria due to sweat depositing caused by long-term exercise, thereby avoiding the damage to the ear by diseases such as otitis media.
In addition to small damage to the ear canal and eardrum, Bluetooth bone conduction headsets also have very little damage to the inner ear. Due to the relatively gentle and stable vibrating waves of the headphones, they have little damage to the cochlea. Moreover, the electromagnetic waves of them are very small, and their impact on the auditory nerve and brain nerve is also very small.
Therefore, Bluetooth bone conduction headsets will not damage hearing, they protect hearing completely, from the ear canal, eardrum, cochlea to auditory nerves, etc..They are the healthiest kind of headphones.
For hearing protection, when using Bluetooth bone conduction headsets, remember not to use high volumes for a long time, which can cause damage to hearing. In fact, no matter what kind of headphones you wear, long-term use at high volume will definitely cause damage to hearing. It is generally recommended that after using headphones for 2–3 hours, you should rest for 10–15 minutes.
In addition to very little damage to the ears, Bluetooth bone conduction headsets are also very safe. They allow you to listen to music when you can also hear the surrounding environment sounds, which avoids outdoor sports encounters danger. And they are also very comfortable to wear. These advantages are determined by their working methods
How does Bluetooth bone conduction headsets work?
Bluetooth bone conduction headsets are a new application of proven technology, but bone conduction has a long history, with its first applications dating back to the 18th century.
It is rumored that Beethoven, who was deaf, rubbed one end of a long rod into the piano. He put the other end in his mouth and kept it as close to the ear as possible. When playing, the long rod transmitted the sound to the jawbone and the cochlea of the inner ear, so that Beethoven could hear the sound of the piano. This was so important for Beethoven cause he regained his sense of hearing again and he can continue his music composition. This may be the earliest documented application of bone conduction technology.
When the bone conduction headphone works, it converts the sound signal into mechanical vibration by the sound unit and drives the skull to vibrate at the same frequency, allowing the sound to reach the cochlea of the middle ear and inner ear. Finally, we can hear the sound. In the process of sound transmission, they directly bypass the ear canal and eardrum to reach the inner ear, taking a shortcut. Just because it takes a shortcut, it reduces the damage to the ear canal and eardrum, making it the healthiest headphone.
Most of us have been exposed to bone conduction in our daily life. Put your ears close to the ground, and you can hear the footsteps of “tap, tap, tap” through vibration; cover your ears, and you can still hear yourself mumbling, which is a natural phenomenon of bone conduction.
Bone conduction headphones are becoming more and more popular among young people,and more and more brands join this field.So, which brand is the best?In my opinion, those brands that have accumulated technology in this field are trustworthy.Below, I have sorted out some good Bluetooth bone conduction headphones brands, and recommend them to you. I hope they can help.
1. Wissonly Hi Runner Bluetooth bone conduction headsets Recommended reason Wissonly bone conduction vibra
tion unit optimization technology is one of the best technical solutions in the industry, because their team has accumulated in the field of bone conduction for 10 years, which is highly respected by people in the industry in terms of product quality and hearing protection.
Once, there was a saying that the sound quality of Bluetooth bone conduction headsets was average. However, Wissonly Hi Runner refreshes this knowledge. It is excellent in sound quality. It uses a 360-degree bone conduction vibration unit, which can increase the vibration area by 35% compared with traditional Bluetooth bone conduction headsets. Moreover, its loss of bone conduction sound transmission is lower, making the sound more shocking and powerful.
Wissonly Hi Runner has added a number of innovative features to make Bluetooth bone conduction headsets better integrated into many scenes in life. It supports IPX8 diving waterproof, which is very good for me who loves swimming. What’s crazy is that it can still work normally under 20 meters of water! It also has 32GB of memory, so it can play music even if it is not connected to a mobile phone. I basically use it as an MP3 player, and I don’t take my mobile phone for running at night. It uses the Bluetooth 5.0 chip, and outdoor activities can make the connection more stable.
In terms of appearance, Wissonly Hi Runner adopts classic black color, and its simple appearance involves matching whatever clothes you wear in any scene.
2.Philips 7607 Bluetooth bone conduction headsets Recommended reason
Its sounding unit adopt a large-size vibrator of 17mm, which makes it have the effect of high, medium and low triple-frequency balance in sound quality performance. The low-frequency dive is sufficient, the medium and high frequencies are clear and not harsh, but there will be some missing sounds. It is also equipped with an intimate LED night run lamp at the rear end of the body, which can turn on the LED by turning on the key three times in a row. It also has three modes, which is suitable for wearing at night, so that people around it can perceive their own position and ensure their own safety factor to a certain extent.Its IPX6 waterproof rating is not afraid of sweat in daily wear.
3.AfterShokz OPENRUN PRO Bluetooth bone conduction headsets Recommended reason
Openrun PRO also pays great attention to comfort in wearing, and its body is made of skin-friendly silicone which makes it more comfortable, and it can be better enjoyed. In order to reduce the weight, titanium alloy is selected in its connection material, which is not easy to bend and deform, ensuring the service life. The Bluetooth bone conduction headsets are also equipped with Qualcomm QCC3024 chip and Bluetooth 5.0, and have stable connection and no disconnection in daily use.
4.earsopen PEACE Bone Conduction Headset Recommended reason
Earsopen was born in Tokyo, Japan, and is a brand of Bluetooth bone conduction headsets owned by BoCo Co., Ltd. Earsopen PEACE TW-1 is the first Bluetooth headphones with left-right separation among bone conduction products. Because the sounding unit is small and closer to the ear canal, the sound leakage is also very small. The main body of the headphone is T-shaped, and the ear clip is adopted. Comfort is not as high as the first two models, but this way of wearing is really the only one. If you must choose TWS’s one, it’s good.
5. vidonn F3 Bluetooth bone conduction headsets Recommended reason
The weight of this bone conduction headphone is only 29g, and there is comfortable when it is used, whether it is hanging on the neck or hanging on the ear for a long time. The charging port of F3 headphones is a universal standard MICRO-USB interface. The charging port is waterproof with a soft rubber plug, which is not connected to the body, so there is a risk of loss. The disadvantage is that the sound quality is average, and the sound leakage is serious.
Among the several bone conduction headsets recommended above, Wissonly and Aftershokz are the two products with the best overall performance, both in terms of sound quality, safety, comfort and sound leakage reduction.Considering the cost performance ratio, Wissonly will be better and worth recommending.
2023.05.29 03:41 Competitive_Phone673 Why natural rights fail to justify private property
The French economist Thomas Piketty once wrote
Every human society must justify its inequalities: unless reasons for them are found, the whole political and social edifice stands in danger of collapse. Every epoch therefore develops a range of contradictory discourses and ideologies for the purpose of legitimizing the inequality that already exists or that people believe should exist. From these discourses emerge certain economic, social, and political rules, which people then use to make sense of the ambient social structure. Out of the clash of contradictory discourses—a clash that is at once economic, social, and political—comes a dominant narrative or narratives, which bolster the existing inequality regime.
Property is the core justification for the poverty, hierarchy, and inequality inherent to capitalism. Why can't an unhoused person sleep in an empty home? The landlord owns it. Why can't a hungry person take food from a store? The store owns it. The opposition takes a cold-not-cruel stance, with Murray Rothbard declaring
if a man aggresses against another's person or property to save his own life, he may or may not be acting morally in so doing. [. . .] Regardless of whether his action is moral or immoral, by any criterion, he is still a criminal aggressor against the property of another, and the victim is within his right to repel that aggression by force, and to prosecute the aggressor afterward for his crime
These responses are based on the presumption that property is derived from a just code of ethics. In this post, I challenge this presumption and critically examine the philosophical foundations of the properietary world we live in. I start by defining the natural rights framework of property, then I explain why admixture doesn't work, then I explain the historical implications of admixture, and finally I explain why an individualist approach to property doesn't make sense.
The Admixture Theory, Explanation With Quotes
Contemporary property is mainly justified using the admixture theory. As the argument goes, individuals own themselves, therefore they own their labor, therefore they own whatever they mix their labor with. On the acquisition of property, John Locke, the father of liberalism, wrote
The labour of his body, and the work of his hands, we may say, are properly his. Whatsoever then he removes out of the state that nature hath provided, and left it in, he hath mixed his labour with, and joined to it something that is his own, and thereby makes it his property.
Propertarians (known as "libertarians" in America) make a similar argument, although it supposes the Earth as unowned by default, instead of Locke who supposed the Earth to be the common inheritance of everybody. This nuance is why liberals believe that property should be subject to the well-being of others, and propertarians believe that property should be absolute. In an article describing Rothbard's views, David Gordon wrote
Once one accepts self-ownership the justification for private property soon follows. Each person owns his own labor. Does he not have a right, then, to what he produces by means of that labor? To deny this is to revert once more to slavery; it is to say that other people have the right to control your labor.
Amixture can therefore be summed up as: "an ethical theory which supposes that labor legitimizes property claims." In particular, I'll be evaluating the argument that (a) individuals have a property right in their own body, (b) therefore individuals have a property right in their own labor, and (c) therefore they have a property right in whatever they mix their labor with.
There are two issues with mixing labor: a) labor can't be owned, and b) labor can't be mixed with the material world.
Lysander Spooner describes
a right of absolute dominion over a commodity, whether the owner wish to retain it in his own actual possession and use, or not.
Whoever has just control over an object is its proprietor, and others must respect the authority of the proprietor and only interact with the object or space on the proprietor's terms. This relationship doesn't make sense when applied to concepts beyond the material world.
Labor is not an object. It is not a space that can be occupied. It is an action. It doesn't make sense for an action to have an owner. A surgeon doesn't own the operations they perform. A baseball player doesn't own the swings they hit. A traveler doesn't own the kilometers they walked.
In order for a thing to be owned, the proprietor must be able to exclude others from it. Others must be able to interact with it. Nobody can interact with an action. They can only interact with the thing that performs the action. Therefore, individuals may own themselves, but the actions they perform cannot be owned.
As a corollary, actions cannot be mixed with the material world. Substances can be mixed. Actions aren't substances. In reality, "mixing labor" is simply a metaphor for "doing work." That is, changing the material world.
Property theorists supposed that, by combining something owned with something unowned, the unowned thing becomes owned. Since labor cannot be owned or mixed with the material world, this justification is no longer valid, since the individual never mixed something that is theirs with an unowned object. Therefore just appropriation according to this framework cannot occur.
The Arbitrary Nature Of Admixture
Property is arbitrary. This is not necessarily something we need (or are able to) correct. However, those who claim to have a universal solution to property need to face this fact.
Consider self-ownership. Living things are not static. We constantly ingest, inhale, exhale, and shed. All atoms that make up a person are bound to change. If these atoms that make up a person were once owned, and the owner hasn't consented to relinquishing ownership, then does a maid aggress against the property of somebody when they vacuum hair off a carpet or dust their skin cells from a counter? You might claim that the owner implicitly relinquished ownership. That's fine, but how does that work? By what rules do owners implicitly relinquish their property?
If a mosquito sucks my blood without consent, then sucks the blood of somebody else and in the process transfers some of my blood to them, do I still own that part of my body? Can I ask that person to return my blood to me? Maybe ownership only counts for atoms that I actively use or possess. In that case, why doesn't property beyond my body work the same way?
If I justly own a bucket of water and its contents evaporate and disperse into the atmosphere, do I own the atmosphere? After all, I mixed something owned (water) with something unowned (the atmosphere). Maybe I didn't mix enough of what I own with the atmosphere. In that case, how much of what I own do I need to mix with something that is unowned for me to appropriate it?
Let's examine land. If I plow a field, how much do I actually own? Do I own the atoms that my plow touches? How far down is the soil mine? Can somebody homestead just a few centimeters away from my farm in an area that I haven't touched?
With some thought, a believer in admixture could answer these questions. But would those answers be objective? If even one question here doesn't have an objective answer, then admixture itself is arbitrary, and that's okay. However, this means that any ethical framework built on admixture can't assert itself as the one truly ethical way to govern society throughout all space and time.
Admixture Is An Appeal To Desert
Admixture is an appeal to desert. It's justified through an emotional appeal that someone deserves their property (which is not necessarily bad, just arbitrary). Usually propertarians take an example that everybody can agree on, like an artist owning a sculpture they create. Murray Rothbard wrote
put baldly, there are very few who would not concede the monstrous injustice of confiscating the sculptor's property
This very personal version of property that barely effects other people is then used as a foundation to justify other property that have led to conquest, consolidation, and tyranny.
Some anti-propertarians might say that the artist is justified in keeping the sculpture not because they mixed their labor with it, but because they're using it personally and not harming anyone else.
The Historical Implications Admixture
Frederick Engels wrote
Every change in the social order, every revolution in property relations, is the necessary consequence of the creation of new forces of production which no longer fit into the old property relations.
Private property has not always existed.
When, towards the end of the Middle Ages, there arose a new mode of production which could not be carried on under the then existing feudal and guild forms of property, this manufacture, which had outgrown the old property relations, created a new property form, private property. And for manufacture and the earliest stage of development of big industry, private property was the only possible property form; the social order based on it was the only possible social order.
The admixture theory fails to understand property within the context of history as a relation that changes with the development of society, instead asserting itself as a universal moral truth to be applied throughout all of time. The admixture theory has not been a universal truth, or a truth at all for that matter, until the rise of liberalism during the enlightenment. Feudal property, the divine right of kings, slavery, and corporate systems of property all existed before (and even coexisted with) liberalism.
Not to mention war, conquest, and in particular, theft of the commons
, where farmland was forcefully seized from peasants and placed into the hands of the property owning class where it was subsequently passed on from generation to generation, setting the precedent of concentrated power for centuries to come. This process was called "primitive accumulation," and it's the reason why Karl Marx criticized property as "idyllic" when in the first volume when he wrote
as soon as the question of property crops up, it becomes a sacred duty to proclaim the intellectual food of the infant as the one thing fit for all ages and for all stages of development. In actual history it is notorious that conquest, enslavement, robbery, murder, briefly force, play the great part. In the tender annals of Political Economy, the idyllic reigns from time immemorial. Right and “labour” were from all time the sole means of enrichment, the present year of course always excepted. As a matter of fact, the methods of primitive accumulation are anything but idyllic.
The amixture theory is literally incapable of processing and correcting theft on such a massive scale that has occurred since time immemorial. How do you correct ancient robbery such as that of the commons? To ignore the claims of ancient people is to ignore the self-ownership of millions, yet there's no clean way to correct the mess of illegitimate property we now find ourselves in. During my research, I did find an answer to this question. Murray Rothbard wrote
In this case of what we might call "feudalism" or "land monopoly," the feudal or monopolist landlords have no legitimate claim to the property. The current "tenants," or peasants, should be the absolute owners of their property, and, as in the case of slavery, the land titles should be transferred to the peasants, without compensation to the monopoly landlords.
There are two issues with this solution. Firstly, any chance for a legitimate voluntary trade (or any record of such a trade) while the land was illegitimately occupied has been long lost to history. We have no record or way of knowing who the legitimate proprietor of any land is that has been seized in the past during primitive accumulation. Secondly, the theft extends beyond just the land. If wealth was generated based on an illegitimate property claim, it then follows that the wealth is illegitimate too, therefore it must be returned to the people who it was stolen from, who are long dead with countless unknown decedents.
In reality, fixing the mess of illegitimate property we have on our hands will never happen, for both a lack of records and a lack of practicality. The answer to all of this is simple: abandon a conception of property based on divine metaphysical connections to the owner, and instead view property as a relation that changes with the development of society.
The Material World Is Inescapably Collectivist
An individualist approach to property doesn't account for the fact that the universe is used collectively. What one individual does with their property can effect the life and liberty of another. Murray Rothbard tried to address
this in the Libertarian Manifesto, but it ended up blowing the whole idea of property out of the water:
in the case of air pollution we are dealing not so much with private property in the air as with protecting private property in one’s lungs, fields, and orchards. The vital fact about air pollution is that the polluter sends unwanted and unbidden pollutants—from smoke to nuclear radiation to sulfur oxides—through the air and into the lungs of innocent victims, as well as onto their material property. All such emanations which injure person or property constitute aggression against the private property of the victims. Air pollution, after all, is just as much aggression as committing arson against another’s property or injuring him physically
Rothbard did not expand on the implications of this afterward, because if he did, the idea of property would unravel. This implies that actions that harm others are illegitimate uses of property. This includes methane
from cattle, carbon dioxide
from power plants, tire particles
from cars, lithium
from batteries, over-fishing
, excessive noise
, and the list goes on. All these have been demonstrated to harm people beyond the property, in some cases even around the globe.
This pales in comparison to the biggest effect of acquiring property; that it takes others' liberty. Before private acquisition, others' were free to walk upon and enjoy the land, after acquisition, they're not. Robert Nozick wrote
It will be implausible to view improving an object as giving full ownership to it, if the stock of unowned objects that might be improved is limited. For an object’s coming under one person’s ownership changes the situation of all others. Whereas previous they were at liberty (in Hohfeld’s sense) to use the object, they now no longer are.
This doesn't mean that restricting public access is bad in all cases. All this demonstrates the need for a more democratic model of property; because the effects of property are collectivist, whether we like that or not.
The point of this post isn't that property is bad or that all property should belong to a collectivist hivemind. It's that the natural rights approach is just a story that we tell ourselves. When we consider the actual nature of matter history and matter, we realize that mixing labor doesn't actually exist.
Whatever form of property should replace admixture is beyond the scope of this post. But we need to understand that property has always been a relationship that changes with the development of society. Claiming that there's only one true way that property can exist is nonsense.
submitted by Competitive_Phone673
to CapitalismVSocialism [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:39 LostUnderstanding549 An open letter to my dear school, also marketed as the “biggest, brightest, best”
My dear alma mater (and current school lol since I still study here):
You failed 1/3 of the freshman batch.
Only a small portion of this 1/3 were eligible to take remedial exams.
I do not understand why you prize on failing students and not giving them second chances.
Remember, during our batch’s admission, only half of the whole first listers reserved their slots.
Your reputation is fleeting day by day.
Besides failing them, I do not understand why you think that this is a “generational problem” (your words, not mine) instead of a systematic issue. Sabagay, your motto is “As long as others can swim, I don’t care who drowns” diba?
If you do not give these brilliant students second chances, they will shine and grow in other places.
And I know you don’t care.
But here’s the thing— continue this for the next few years, and you will lose that “biggest” title you so proudly raise. Look at the number of juniors and sophomores.
In fact, you can even lose that “brightest” title, too. Remember, you don’t rank first in the board exams anymore.
Prestige means nothing to patients in the long run. It’s as if USTH is considered a good hospital, too.
To my dear batch mates who are ending their dreams because UST forced them to, don’t give up! We love you and tbh you deserve better
Before anyone berates me, let me clarify
- “If you hate ustfms so much, why are you staying?” First, none of your business, but I passed all subjects and I already spent 1 year and 300k worth of tuition here
- “You shouldn’t care about those you failed. Med is a dog eat dog world” take your crab mentality out of here, and tbh that’s not a good trait for a future health care worker
submitted by LostUnderstanding549
to medschoolph [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:37 darkfrap Is this a good first car
This would be my first (second really but first didn't work out) car and I need something reliable that I also like the look of. I've done some research and seen that the Sky-active engines are pretty solid and can last 200k miles with good maintenance. I just need a car that doesn't need to be fixed every month cuz I'm a high school student. Was looking at the 2nd gens and really like them but can't find one with low enough miles to buy so I'll probably get a 3rd or 4th generation with I also like a lot. Any feedback appreciated!
submitted by darkfrap
to mazda3 [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:33 DelbertCornstubble Why does this Charlie's Angels collectable exist?
| || | submitted by DelbertCornstubble to collectables [link] [comments]
Why this car?
I found this in a Target toy section. I'm not a connoisseur of collectables but this caught my eye.
This is a 1974 Ford Torino Brougham, a poop-brown fleet sedan designed in the aesthetic nadir of 1973. Perfect as a company car for a nursing home inspector, the real McCoy probably smelled like Virginia Slims and McDonalds fries cooked the Old Way. Not a sports car, not the 'Gran' Torino of Starsky and Hutch with beefy haunches and 5-slot aluminum rims. This is a plainer-than-vanilla vehicle where every extant example should now be rusting in the middle of a forty-year-old crushed cube. Why are we resurrecting it now?
But wait. Was this car driven by Bosley or the Angels? Maybe Farrah's feathered hair flowing through the open window sold the car? Ah-- 'Corinthian Leather' came out with the 1974 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron. Was this a direct competitor sporting Ford's own leather knockoff? Maybe 'Athenian Leather' product placement? So...after I Googled and Binged, even using ChatGPT, I have no idea why this replica was greenlighted.
It turns out this car wasn't driven by any significant or recurring character. It appears in exactly one episode, s1e22
, and was a generic police detective's sedan driven by a dirty lieutenant on the vice squad played by Ed Lauter, who got gut-shot at the climax never to be seen again. The car is shown for about a minute of the episode over a few scenes, does not get in any car chase, and does not figure into the plot in any way.
The car's only importance is cradling Kate Jackson's behind in the passenger seat for most of its single minute of airtime in a single episode. That's it. But why actually commission a 1/64 scale replica of this homely car surrounding said behind? And for distribution in the Target toy department next to the Hot Wheels loop-de-loops? So many questions.
What is the minimum number of units a Target retail corporate purchaser normally acquires? What is the sales demographic for this product other than the utterly confused, except for a few eBay sellers who figure that if a thing has no reason to exist, maybe it's worth double? It's not like a coin's mint error or a misprinted postage stamp, it's a whole object! The whole object should not exist in a rational universe.
There’s a site that catalogues movie cars. Here's
the car in question, and all cars
shown in the whole series. Note that this car isn't even linked to Charlie's Angel's in the above database. So of all the cars in Charlie’s Angels, who greenlighted this replica? Did the company cast lots? Roll dice? Go on a peyote-fueled vision quest? Who is the employee that said, “Alfa Romeo Spider, no… Datsun 280z, no… DANG, I’m gonna model the hell outta that brown 1974 Ford Torino Brougham!”
I can't figure it out. Who was proud of shrinking and emulating this automotive and television non-entity? Whose business acumen approved a product with a niche thinner than the paper in a pocket New Testament?
The back blurb makes it even better:
"A Graduate of the Los Angeles Police Academy, Foxy Jill is a carefree and fun-loving California girl with a great flair for beguiling any male she encounters. She's sporty and athletic, and even goes on to become a champion race car driver."
Oh, it’s for Foxy Jill played by Farrah herself, but not the Angel who actually sat in the car. Foxy Jill beguiles any male she encounters. I thought it was via her swimsuit poster, but no, she cruises for males of the species in her hideous sedan. A sedan she never drove in the show.
Jill is sporty and athletic. The exact opposite of the packaged car. Maybe the car started out as a Ford GT40 and Jill used vampiric powers to suck out all the sportiness and athleticism and we’re left with the shriveled husk of the Ford Torino Brougham.
And finally Foxy Jill goes on to become a champion race car driver. Practicing in this car, that she never drove during that single minute of that single episode.
The whole backstory in the blurb for this product is a complete invention and therefore they could pick any one of the myriad of sport cars featured in the show. But no, we must decorate our shelves with the poop-brown 1974 Ford Torino Brougham driven by a one-episode bad guy of the week who was never seen again. They could at least put Ed Lauter's face on the box.
I mean.. imagine if a company that makes 1/64 replica cars decided to license Batman from DC, and instead of the Batmobile, commissioned a replica of Bruce Wayne's country club golf cart. That's what this is.
Someone please tell me why this collectable exists.
2023.05.29 03:32 aamfk Ipad Serial --> Ipad Info
| || | submitted by aamfk to ipad [link] [comments]
I'm a NooB programmer (retired), and I've been tasked with building a database to keep track of serial numbers, model numbers, etc.
I was hoping that someone had some VB6 code examples of how to take a serial number and look up a model number, or really anything.
How to take a serial number, and send it to a web service (maybe with a WSDL) in order to see warranty status, really anything.
It's a pretty simple database. I'm at 8 tables right now.
Ideally, someone could help me find a way to get the serial number (on any ipad) via a barcode of some sort. THAT would be killer information to have. (I don't want people to have to type this by hand every time)
My most important table is called IPad_Model, and it contains information like this:
Ipad_Model table - current
2023.05.29 03:31 MrToxiconcrack my motherboard model has been changed after hackintoshing and i cant find anything about it on the internet
2023.05.29 03:30 Edward2704 Don Jr. Montana Senate mod 2024, running against Jon Tester full mod writing (keep in mind that Don Jr. owns a ranch in Montana)
Italics = advisor feedback
- Congratulations Don Jr., after a contentious primary with Matt Rosendale and Greg Gianforte, you have emerged victorious in the Republican primary. What will be your opening statement as you pivot towards the general Montana senate election with Jon Tester?
- Why screw up this thing. I’ll run a low-risk campaign and cruise to victory. After all, my dad is the Republican nominee for president, so I can certainly ride his coattails to victory “This might work but don’t underestimate Jon Tester, he’s quite popular in Montana”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible and attack Jon Tester relentlessly, Tester has voted in lockstep with Biden and Pelosi “This might work, but most Montanans are more focused on state issues rather than national issues”
- I want to appear with my dad, Donald Trump, as much as possible as I campaign “People want to see you differentiate yourself from dad occasionally, and this doesn’t help much”
- I want to denationalize this race as much as possible. I want to take pictures of myself on my Montana ranch and focus on the farmers and workers in this state “nationalizing this race is your best chance, considering that your father is the Republican nominee for president”
- Due to the rural nature of Montana, the average Montanan spends more on gas than almost any other state in the country, and as gas prices continue to rise, what would you do to lower them?
- I would work with Senator John Thune to construct the Dakota Access Pipeline, which will transport gas faster and thus drop the price of gas, unlike Biden and the Democrats who want to shut down the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline “This is good in that it criticizes the Democrats while also offering a different solution.”
- The way you lower gas prices is by getting Biden and the Democrats out of the office and putting in Trump and the Republicans, as gas prices were nowhere near as high as they were when Trump was president “This attack somewhat damaged Biden, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently from him.”
- One thing we could do to lower gas prices is to switch sides in the Russia-Ukraine war and side with an oil-rich Russia, rather than siding with oil-poor Ukraine, and we could get more oil through deals with Russia “Are you insane?”
- RNG. Your father, who is running for president from within a prison cell, has asked if you could attend one of his rallies that are being held from just outside his prison cell where he will be visible to the large crowd through the window of his prison cell in New York. Would you like to attend this rally outside the prison?
- Yes, I would “Good news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell was just the right size, in that it was large enough to fire up Trump’s base in Montana, but not so large that it would grab the attention of the liberal media. Good job”
- Yes, I would. “Bad news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell had a lot of both trump supporters and protestors and the two groups quickly turned violent and it drew an enormous amount of media attention and you are getting badly hurt by the controversy.”
- No, I wouldn’t “Good news, the Montana people respected your ability to be removed from national politics of a rally outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- No, I wouldn't “Bad news, Trump’s base is furious at you for not showing up to your father’s rally from outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- Inflation continues to ravage the nation. How will you put an end to it?
- We’re gonna stop handing out money and stop all this nonsense spending. “This has fired up your core supporters, but most independents are worried about this kind of messaging.”
- I would like to reduce tariffs and remove regulatory barriers “Trump’s tariffs are popular with the Trump wing of the Republican party, but this answer should win over more libertarian-minded Republicans”
- The destructive conflict between Ukraine and Russia continues to go on. How will you put an end to it if at all?
- I will urge for American neutrality in the Ukraine-Russia war “You’ve pleased your diehard base, but most independents want America to side with Ukraine during this destructive conflict”
- I will keep the current path of issuing sanctions against Russia “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans.”
- I will urge America to get involved on Ukraine’s side against Russia “This wins over independents at the expense of winning over your base.”
- I will urge the UN to create a demilitarized zone on the Ukraine-Russia border and urge Ukraine and Russia to come to a comprehensive peace treaty “This wins over the neocons in your party at the expense of the Trump wing of your party.”
- China has repeatedly made threats against Taiwan, and there have been fears that China might invade Taiwan. How will you prevent this from happening?
- This is Taiwan’s problem, not ours “This wins over the hardcore isolationists in your party at the expense of mainstream Americans”
- We will issue sanctions against China if they choose to invade Taiwan “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans”
- I urge America to intervene in this conflict against China “Are you insane, no one wants war with China!”
- I will urge China and Taiwan to create a demilitarized zone between them and a comprehensive peace treaty “This might be a good strategy”
- There continue to be migrants and drugs that are flowing across the southern border. What would you do to stop this from happening?
- We need to strengthen our border security and build a wall “This is a good solution to win over the hard-core Trumpsits in your party”
- Look, this is Montana, we are nowhere near the southern border. Do we need to campaign on this issue? “Fair enough”
- We need a compromise solution of granting the illegals in this country a pathway to citizenship in return for building a stronger immigration enforcement system “This is a good way to win over independent voters”
8. Jon Tester, despite being a senator from Montana, one of the most pro-gun states in America, strongly came out in favor of gun control after the Uvalde shooting. What is your opinion on gun control
- The Democrats are using school shootings as an excuse to take away our 2nd amendment rights “This attack is mildly successful, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently to stop school shootings”
- We need more armed guards at the front of schools to prevent these shootings, not to take away guns “This is an interesting solution”
- We need to spend more money on mental health clinics to treat these dangerous individuals “This wins over the Trump wing of social conservatives, but many fiscal conservatives are uncomfortable talking about this much government spending”
- Abortion has become an increasingly important issue throughout America, how will you deal with this issue
- I will pass a law that will ban abortion nationwide “This fires up your base at the expense of independents”
- This isn’t our problem. We will let the people of each state decide that for ourselves “This fires up independents at the expense of the base”
- We should pass a law that bans travel from one state to another or traveling from one country to another to receive an abortion “This should meet the fine line of appealing to your base while also winning over independents.”
- Now onto more state-centered issues. The state of Montana has an enormous amount of agriculture, farms, and ranches, and the amount they make has been decreasing. How will you plan to deal with this
- I will fight for Montana exports in trade deals “ an unusual position for a Republican to take, but this could work”
- This isn’t a problem we can solve, this is for the free market “This is a more traditional platform to run on as a Republican, but not a popular one amongst the Montana people.”
- RNG Will you agree to debate Jon Tester?
- Yes I will “You won”
- Yes I will “You and Tester tied”
- Yes I will “You lost”
- No, we have a massive lead “People don’t trust you if you don’t debate, expect this to hurt you badly”
- RNG You are meeting with Libertarian candidate Rick Breckenridge, to see if you can convince him to drop out and endorse you.
- I hope he drops out "Good news. He dropped out."
- I hope he drops out "Bad news. He doesn't drop out."
- There's no way around it. Although you own a ranch in Montana, Montana is not your state of permanent residence and many view you as a carpet bagger. How do you plan to respond?
- I will counter-attack by showing Tester as a DC insider who is out of touch with Montanan values "This doesn't work well, as Tester routinely tours the state"
- I will tout my outsider credentials as an advantage, as I can reform Montana from the outside to Make Montana Great Again “MMGA”
- Which Montana Republican would you like to go on tour with today?
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s governor, Greg Gianforte “Well this didn’t work out well, as many are still angry about the incident that Greg Gianforte caused in 2017 when he ran for the house and bragged on social media about how he was so far ahead in the polls that he could beat up a reporter and still win, then proceeded to beat up a reporter and still narrowly won. Expect to take a dip in the polls.”
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s incumbent Republican senator, Steve Daines “This worked out well, as Steve Daines is broadly popular amongst conservatives and independents”
- I would like to go on tour with Matt Rosendale, who ran for the Montana senate seat in 2018 and lost “Campaigning with Matt Rosendale offends no one, but pleases no one either”
- News has broken out about how your girlfriend, Kimberly Gilfoyle, has been fired from Fox News for sexual harassment. How do you want to do damage control?
- As much as I love my girlfriend, I have no control over her behavior and I condemn this incident of behavior completely “This is probably the best you could do given this bad situation”
- Who cares, this is my girlfriend’s sexual harassment case, not mine “Well, you’re the one who’s dating her, so this makes you look bad.”
- I condemn my girlfriend completely for this behavior and I am breaking up with her for it “This is a strong answer which could win over women voters, but this only draws more attention to an incident that already looks incredibly ugly”
- How would you like to attack Jon Tester if at all?
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester has voted with Joe Biden 91% of the time. Jon Tester pretends to distance himself from Biden, but Tester is just one of Biden’s puppets who happens to be in a Trump +16 state “That’s it, hit Tester where it hurts!”
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester is out of touch with Montana values lives in Washington DC and constantly votes in lockstep with Nancy Pelosi and votes for drag queens and transing the kids “This attack doesn’t win over independents, but it sure does fire up the base”
- We should run compare and contrast ads between Kyrsten Sinema and Jon Tester, showing how Sinema is in a bluish-purple state and constantly stabs Biden in the back while Jon Tester is from a deep red state and constantly votes lock step with Biden “This ad was incredibly effective”
- We should run ads of gas prices soaring under Tester and Biden, while gas prices were falling under Trump Sr. and will continue to fall under Trump Jr. “This ad was mild to moderately effective, but voters want to know what specific policy you will implement to lower gas prices
- One interesting idea that has been proposed by many Democrats is to put abortion clinics on Native American reservations, as their lands aren’t governed by the US. Montana has some of the most native reservations in the country. What are your thoughts on this?
- This is an abhorrent practice that will lead to more children being killed as a loophole around the Dobbs .vs. Jackson's case allowed each state to choose whether or not to allow abortion “This answer fires up the base but hurts you with independents”
- I don’t care either way, this is up for the leaders of the native reservations to decide themselves “This might be the best you can do with a difficult question like this”
- Small government means small government, therefore lands that are not on American soil should be allowed to build abortion clinics to serve the public, as we are the party of small government that favors bodily autonomy “This answer helps with independents and hurts with the base”
- Not to talk too much about abortion, but a new bill has been proposed in the Montana State House that would criminalize pregnant Montanans for traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere. What are your thoughts on this bill?
- I think Montana should ban all abortions within its borders, but banning Montana residents from traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere is too harsh “No one loves this answer, but no one hates it either”
- Being pro-life means being all the way pro-life, which means that we should criminalize out-of-state and out-of-country travel to receive an abortion elsewhere “Your base eats this up, but this stance makes independents gag”
- As a Republican, I naturally believe in making government as small as possible, meaning that native american reservations should be allowed to have abortion clinics and that people should be allowed to travel out of state and out of the country to receive abortions “Independents are lining up behind you, but your base is threatening to stay home”
- RNG. The Montana state legislature has just passed new laws banning Tribal ID cards and requiring you to present your address to vote, which Native Americans on reservations don’t have as a way to stop Native Americans, who disproportionately vote Democrat, from voting. What are your thoughts on this?
- This should help me win “Good news, Native Americans aren’t getting the new IDs and addresses necessary for voting for Tester, so this will help you.”
- This should help me win “Bad news, Native Americans are now turning out in higher numbers than ever before and are getting the new IDs and licenses necessary to vote. Expect this to hurt you.”
- You have talked about reducing the amount of money that we spend to reduce inflation. Where would you like to make cuts in spending
- I don’t know, everywhere maybe “This is not specific enough, and Jon Tester’s mediscare strategy is working eerily well”
- First, cuts will be made to foreign aid “In general, if you have to cut anything, cut foreign aid first, then again, most Americans are supportive of Ukraine in their war against Russia, so this might also backfire”
- We should cut farming subsidies and allow farmers to properly partake in the free market “Montana is a very agricultural state, so this doesn’t play well”
- Jon Tester has attacked you with an attack ad of you speaking with your father and Rudi Giuliani at the Save America rally on January 6th where you tell the crowd to stand up and fight as they proceed to walk towards the capital and invade it. How will you react
- This was a poor choice of words for me. Although I said the word fight in a physical sense, what I meant to say was fought in a metaphorical stance by protesting the certification of the 2020 election “This might be the best thing you can say to keep your base on your side while not angering independents”
- I played no role in causing the violence that most people did on January 6th as I meant to fight in a metaphorical sense, not in a literal sense. It should be noted that only a small portion of people that attended that rally on January 6th broke into the capital “Most voters believe that you played a role on January 6th, and this answer doesn’t help”
- These people who entered the capital were brain-dead idiots who thought this would be a good idea. Why should I be responsible for their actions “You were the one who encouraged them to do it.”
- Montana has one of the slowest internet speeds in the country due to its rural location. Would you be willing to spend government money to increase the internet speed in Montana?
- I understand the urge to help Montanans with slow internet, but this is a function best served by private companies, not the government “This helps with the base, but hurts with independents”
- We absolutely need to spend government money to help Montanans with slow internet “This helps with independents but hurts the base”
- Do you plan to pass more laws to engage in culture wars and ban drag story hour, and critical race theory
- No, these culture wars about drag story hour just distract from the main issues at hand “Some sense a missed opportunity to win points amongst the base, but others appreciate you for not constantly attacking”
- Yes, we need to protect our children from drag story hour and critical race theory “This will win you points amongst your base but hurt you with independents and libertarian-minded voters.”
- What will be your ending message as this campaign draws to a close?
- Don’t let Jon Tester fool you, he’s no moderate and he votes for Biden 91% of the time. Tester is Biden, and Biden is bad. Tester is Biden’s puppet. Make sure to vote for my dad for president and me for the senate. “This is probably a good strategy considering how Tester votes for Biden 91% of the time, and although Tester is somewhat popular in the state, Biden is not.”
- I want to hold a big rally in a field in Billings with a jumbotron where my dad is presented on the big screen from prison. My dad Trump Sr. will carry Montana by double digits, so all I have to do is ride his coattails to victory “Your dad is popular in Montana, so tying yourself to him as closely as possible might be a good idea.”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible. A vote for me is a vote for my dad who is running for president, while a vote for Tester is a vote for Biden “This is a good strategy, as you will need your dad’s momentum to gain victory in this senate race.”
- Where in Montana will you spend your last days campaigning
- I will campaign in the Helena area around Lewis and Clark and Cascade counties. Tester may have won them in 2018, but Trump won them in 2020, so with one last push, we should flip them red
- I will campaign in the rural eastern parts of the state to maximize conservative turnout such as in Custer and Prairie counties
- I will expand my appeal by campaigning in the rural northern parts of the state with Native American reservations such as Glacier County
- I will campaign in the Missoula area, a traditionally liberal area and college town in Missoula County
submitted by Edward2704
to thecampaigntrail [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:27 Easy_Photograph_1938 Voxels as a graphical choice for mobile; a poor decision?
Hello! Recently myself (an artist) and two members of my family (coders) have decided to, casually; try our hands at game developement in the near future. Currently I'm at the phase of writing up the 10k foot design doc with what we may expect to develop - at least initially; and would like some feedback rega4ding one aspect of development.
Were looking to design for mobile, and were need to produce a large-ish number of assets fairly quickly; modeling, rigging, animating etc between myself and my family member. With that in mind and knowing they have no head for something like Blender, which I've only taught myself through youtube videos for developing 3d printed miniatures, I sought a middle ground. That being voxels.
the idea being that my family member has a great deal of experience with them in games amd pixel art, so forking that into model work flows doesnt seem that difficult. ive found a program that can do all of the tasks I need it to, save VFX work - but after exporting the mesh and animation I created while learning I found it to have a worrying number of vertices; especially for a simple object.
We're looking to make our models modestly detailed (a 1-inch-to-voxel scaling give or take) and this concerns me. The concept for the game is turn based and will have no open world elements within the program, so we'll be cutting back on data usage in that regard, but ide like to double check if voxels would be an appropriate avenue to pursue for this concept.
submitted by Easy_Photograph_1938
to gamedev [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:26 majesticglue Ugly Doodle Generator
I know a lot of people use ControlNet or image to image to turn their ugly doodles into drawings. I was wondering if there is a possible way to do the opposite? To take an image and turn it into it's line art but then make it into meme-like doodles.
Alternatively, any ideas how to train a model to only spit out funny looking scribble drawings? I can feed it a bunch of random meme drawing doodles but i'm not sure if it would spit out properly since they vary quite a bit.
Need some meme fueled generators.
submitted by majesticglue
to StableDiffusion [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:26 SrulDog [NM] JI Knives Fuse - 150@$2
submitted by SrulDog
to KnifeRaffle [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:25 Cortexelus We built an AI model to generate breaks, neurobass, baroque midi for this track, then cut it all up
2023.05.29 03:25 opm_slatt "ChatGPT's Take: Analyzing the Potential Impact of Playboi Carti's Collaboration with The Weeknd on His Career"
2023.05.29 03:23 Argos_of_the_Embassy Having a hard time
I don't even know what to say really. I can't put a specific word to describe how I feel, but let's just say shitty.
The foremost thing upsetting me rn is my parents divorce. They have been divorced for a few years now, so it's nothing new to me. But I'm just so shaken, because I'm just now coming to terms with how it's effected me. I've never had a sense of stability because I've been driven between each house several times a week. It's fucking exhausting, and its even more tiring having to pack up all my shit and take to my other parents house for one overnight. All my things are focused in one house, and I naturally want to stay at that house most of the time. But being on this schedule for so long makes me feel guilty and I feel that I am betraying one parent either way. My parents say they understand if I want to stay at one place more than the other, but obviously they don't. I want to speak up so bad but I feel like I'm going to destroy one of parents, and I love them and don't want to hurt them. It just conflicts with what I want and what is best for myself. My resentment for the divorce, my parents who put me in this situation, and my guilt eats away at me.
Another thing is religion. My parents are raising me Roman catholic. Frankly, I've been skeptical of belief for a while. I was at a pretty dark place a few months ago (Active suicidal ideation) and I had to go on a retreat to qualify me to get confirmed (which I didn't want to do). I used to the retreat to try and reconvene with God and ask for help as I was literally going to kill myself. I prayed, I really did, for some divine intervention or some reassurance... and I heard silence in return. This was the final nail in the coffin of religion in my life. Either I'm just Forsaken to God, or there's no God to begin with. I managed to pull myself out of that bout of suicidal thoughts. Anyways, fast forward, I get confirmed, which is like so rite of passage in the Christian church, and my dad tells me that I can choose if I want to go to church or not now. Cool. So I did tell him for the first time that I didn't want to go a few days ago. He let me, but he came back from church with my brothers afterwards and was mentioning the holy spirit an odd number of times. He is literally guilting me, and I feel terrible. He also went back on what he said and corrected to only sometimes I can skip church. So I'm just living in your image now. He recently said he wanted me to get married, and he want me to get him grandchildren. He also keeps telling me that I'm going to come back to faith later in life, that it's inevitable. I love my father, he's a great person, but these things stress me out so much.
These 2 things above are the major stressors for me rn.
I also failed my driving Test for the 2nd time, and its so discouraging. I passed the road portion easily the first time, but the maneuverability is killing me. I feel like I'm falling behind because so many people can drive, and passed easily the first time. Me? I'm on my third attempt. Must be something wrong with me. I feel this same way with a job. I don't have a job, and I feel this detracts from my personal worth as a person because typically people have this sort of aspect in their life.
Other things which are hurting me but don't compare to the stuff above: - Friends: I have many friends and many acquaintances. I'm working on getting better at socializing too, because I already mix well with so many people. I'm just not anyone's favorite person, I feel like I can't find my "tribe". I still have close friends whom I hang out with infrequently. But other people are so tightly knit together that I question if I'm really anyone's friend at all, if no one cares to spend time with me. - Dating: I don't have much to say about this. It just confuses me, and I don't understand it. Yet I feel I need to do this in high school because everyone else is doing it, and I'm going miss out on "teen love". It's painted as a one of a kind experience. Why haven't I had a relationship like that though? Should I just wait for a relationship to blossom; can I trust that I'll eventually meet someone I'm compatible with by just talking to different people? Or do I have to be aggressive and ask girls out on dates frequently for something to happen? I don't want to do the latter really, because I'm a pretty introverted person. I'm just confused which I'm supposed to do. Or maybe I'm just not lovable at all.
Thanks for reading through all that. I know it was a lot.
submitted by Argos_of_the_Embassy
to venting [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:20 TransparentKnives SPK Labia - 95@$10
submitted by TransparentKnives
to KnifeRaffle [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:11 boocifer84 Is this out of date?
| || |
I’ve been a huge fan of 40K since I first played DoW, I bought this book back in 2008 this year a few friends and I pulled the trigger and decided to each pick an army and go for it to finally play the game. submitted by boocifer84 to Warhammer [link] [comments]
Have the core rules changed enough to make this a relic?
Thanks I’m advanced for any help.
2023.05.29 03:10 cuttlefish_tragedy Random Natori Bra 32D
Hello! I have a black, pretty Natori molded cup bra, not sure the model, in 32D. It's in pretty good shape, has been worn a bit, but still pretty and functional! The band is lacy, and it has a little golden coin sewn on the gore. Definitely could be a date night bra! It doesn't fit anymore, so it needs a good home.
If you could possibly cover shipping, that'd be a big help! Priority Mail in the US (includes tracking number) is about $9, but I could possibly send it in an envelope via regular mail for less. Let me know.
submitted by cuttlefish_tragedy
to RandomActsOfBras [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:05 itsIzumi Congratulations to the winner of Ultimate Singles at Combo Breaker 2023!
submitted by itsIzumi
to smashbros [link] [comments]