Holiday time 100 clear mini lights
For artists who want to improve
2010.11.08 22:18 MoonMonstar For artists who want to improve
LearnArt is a free open art learning resource built on the principles of free education and art access to all. Come check us out for feedback, guidance, and discussion!
2016.08.20 13:54 chason Moving to Japan - Everything you wanted to know (and probably a bit more)
Interested in moving to Japan? Come here (and not those other Japan subs) with all your questions, concerns and fears.
2008.12.19 12:10 Tea
Tea! This subreddit is for discussion of beverages made from soaking camellia sinensis leaves (or twigs) in water, and, to a lesser extent, herbal infusions, yerba mate, and other tisanes.
2023.06.10 22:20 AutoModerator UFC 289 LIVE STREAM FREE
UFC 289 Live Stream Free On Reddit -- Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana: Fight card, odds, date, rumors, location, complete guide. Amanda Nunes looks to build on her second stint as UFC women's bantamweight queen as the Brazilian champion travels to Canada for UFC 289 on Saturday, June 10. Irene Aldana, riding the high of a banner year for Mexican UFC fighters, stands in her way. 🔴LIVE🔴📺🥊👉 UFC 289 Live Stream 🔴GO LIVE🔴📺🥊👉 UFC 289 Full Fight Live Online
Nunes returns to action for the first time in 11 months after reclaiming the women's bantamweight title from Julianna Pena. Nunes and Pena were originally set to complete their trilogy, but an injury suffered by Pena opened the door for Aldana. Nunes has ruled the women's bantamweight and featherweight divisions with an iron fist, serving as dual champion and avenging her only loss in eight years.
Aldana looks to follow in the footsteps of Brandon Moreno, Yair Rodriguez and Alexa Grasso, the first and only three Mexican UFC champions, all of whom won title fights this year. Aldana is coming off wins stoppage wins against Macy Chiasson and Yana Kunitskaya.
UFC 289 is generally light on star power as it leans on a tremendous co-main event. Former UFC lightweight champion Charles Oliveira meets streaking contender Beneil Dariush in a fight expected to determine the next challenger for reigning lightweight champ Islam Makhachev. Oliveira's loss to Makhachev snapped a memorable 11-fight winning streak. Meanwhile, Dariush is in rare form with eight straight wins.
UFC 289 fight card, odds
Amanda Nunes -330 vs. Irene Aldana +260, women's bantamweight championship
Beneil Dariush -150 vs. Charles Oliveira +126, lightweights
Mike Malott -210 vs. Adam Fugitt +175, welterweights
Dan Ige -260 vs. Nate Landwehr +210, featherweights
Marc-Andre Barriault -140 vs. Eryk Anders +120, middleweights
Nassourdine Imavov -145 vs. Chris Curtis +122, middleweights
Miranda Maverick -300 vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius +240, women's flyweights
Aoriqileng -120 vs. Aiemann Zahabi +100, bantamweights
Kyle Nelson -240 vs. Blake Bilder +196, featherweights
Matt Schnell vs. David Dvorak, flyweights
Maria Oliveira -120 vs. Diana Belbita +100, women's strawweights
UFC 289 info
Date: June 10
Location: Rogers Arena -- Vancouver, Canada
Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
How to watch: ESPN+ PPV
The greatest female fighter in MMA history returns to the Octagon on Saturday night when Amanda Nunes defends her bantamweight championship against Irene Aldana in the main event of UFC 289. The action goes down from Rogers Arena in Vancouver and airs live on pay-per-view.
Nunes is making the first defense of her title since regaining the championship from Julianna Pena. Pena upset Nunes in December 2021 but Nunes dominated their July 2022 rematch to once again become two-division champion, as she also hols the featherweight title.
Aldana is stepping in for Pena, who was forced out of a trilogy bout due to injury. She has won two fights, both by knockout, since dropping a decision to former champion Holly Holm.
After a hot start to the year in our monthly Best Bets column, things have cooled off, with our record for the year now standing at 15-14. There are some tough calls on the UFC 289 card, but we have once again identified our choices for the best bet for each fight on the pay-per-view broadcast.
After a couple of lesser Fight Night events, the UFC is back on pay-per-view this weekend with a major show from Vancouver, British Columbia.
UFC 289: Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana has come under criticism from some fans for a supposedly weak card, but overall, it does have some depth. Sure, outside of the title bout, the event lacks star power, but there are a number of ranked fighters in action, making it worth watching.
Initially, this UFC bantamweight title fight would’ve seen a trilogy clash between Amanda Nunes and Julianna Pena. Whether the trilogy was warranted, given Nunes shellacked Pena in their second fight last summer, was a fair question.XF BFG
submitted by AutoModerator
to ufc289livOn [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:17 damoUK1 QFile Pro on iOS missing history folder
I use some fairly large files on my iPad Pro, PC and Mac that I use Qfile on the iPad Pro to move back and forward to my QNAP for storage.
In the past I had to clear the download/history folder in Qfile from time to time so it would pick up changes to the file that had been made on other devices. I can’t find that in the new Qfile Pro, and can’t find any information on QNAP as to where it is or whether it’s no longer needed in the App.
That folder location also saved my butt once when the original file corrupted.
Can anyone shed any light as to whether downloads and history are on Qfile Pro
submitted by damoUK1
to qnap [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:16 mrRabblerouser WTS- TRC, Shirogorov, Hinderer, Emerson, GEC, Northwoods, RGT
Ok folks, I’ve been meaning to whittle down my collection quite a bit for a while, and I just bought a new car, so no time like the present! Timestamp + Extras TRC Mille Cuori
- One of the best fixed blade makers in the game. This one is BNIB and is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect do everything camp/survival/utility knife with steel butt. This one typically sells out very quickly whenever dealers get it in stock. DLC coated Vanadis 4E (V4E) steel. Comes with box. SV: 400 TRC This Is Freedom
- Awesome slicy fixed blade that cuts like a laser. I’ve used it a few times in the kitchen even on some very difficult cuts and thanks to TRCs outstanding heat treat it’s still shaving. M390 steel, and again due to the ht this thing is super tough. Check out DBK video on the much smaller classic freedom to see what I mean. Some very hard to see micro scratches on blade. Comes with box. SV: 250 Shirogorov Neon NL (black and white micarta)
- I’m the second owner but neither I or the previous owner used or carried it. Gorgeous flawless Shiro quality of course. Smooth and fiery action. Comes with box, cloth and CoA. SV: 475 Hinderer XM-18 3” Slicer
- This one has RC bladeworks micarta scale, Skiff bearings, and a deep carry clip. Awesome knife, great quality. Ive used it to cut a few things, but still shaving sharp. Comes with triway, original green scale, and box. SV: 375 Emerson Mini A-100
- BNIB. Always hard to find this one in stock, but after a long time of waiting I finally did. Love the simplicity and aesthetics, but it just didn’t make the cut for me. SV: 200 GEC #59 Shaffer Farm Whittler (Desert Ironwood)
- BNIT. Only taken out when I first got it, and just now for photos. Typical GEC quality. A little scuff on big blade. SV: 175 Northwoods Bear Lake (Blueberry burlap micarta)
- Beautiful slippy. I used it to cut open a box once or twice but has basically just sat in the sheath since I got it. Comes with coin and leather sheath. SV: 275 RGT titanium scales for Spyderco Native 5
. These are green anodized with blue accents. I put them on and then realized I preferred the carbon fiber scales. These will fit the fluted carbon fiber or g10 versions of the Native, but not the lightweight. Paid 180 for these, but I know they were on sale recently. I’ll say SV: 80
Not interested in trades unless you wanna trade for an Oz Roosevelt. PayPal F&F, no notes. Ships Monday with USPS and tracking will be provided.
submitted by mrRabblerouser
to Knife_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:15 FLXLGHT should i focus on this girl i met ?
sorry in advance, i talk a lot in person and just want to make this clear haha
a few days ago, me and a few friends(me20,19,21,21,29) were on vacation in croatia and we were having the time of our live to say the least. beer was cheap, the weather was good. time of our life… on the second evening (2/4) we went to the beach to grab some drinks at a bar. we sat down, chugged a few beers (i drove, i stayed sober) and had fun. then, randomly, a friend almost jumped up to hit up 3 girls that were walking down the beach to ask them how old they were as we were all speculating on how old they could be. they said they were 17. we thought about it for a few seconds until they had already said down with us and ordered a few shots. after a few seconds it was already clear for me who my favorite was out of them(the way she talked, looked, smelled and just behaved made me go crazy) we talked for abut and told them we rented like a villa with our private pool and that we were living like kings (at least for a few days). apparently, that made them decide to come with us. we went to the house, undressed to the bare minimum (underwear) and got in the pool. after that we had a few drinks and i had some really nice talks with this girl and we sort of flirted for a bit here and there and they slept at ours. the next day, they went home to change and got back after a while to make us some breakfast (fuckin delicious btw.) during the last full day we had, we all went to the beach again and just sat there, talked for a few hours, got in the water, and threw some rocks in there, all while i and this girl tried to find some nice little rock’s and shells for the other to look at. the evening came and we were at the house again, drinking and having a great time. as the night settled in, me and this girl were laying on the couch, here legs like over mine as i was sitting up. we talked and talked and we really found some similarities and things we both liked about the other or just at all. slowly, a thunderstorm started to sneak up on our house and i told i really like listening to the thunder and the rain, although she really didn’t like it at all. after a while of still talking, i switched off the lights as she was slowly falling asleep. as i was walking towards my room i said fuck it. i turned around, asked her if she wanted some company on the couch, to comfort her during the thunderstorm. she said yes. i laid down beside her and she snuggled up on me. let me tell you that was the greatest feeling i’ve had in a long time. the warmth, her just holding onto me, the smell of her hair, it was just perfect. but here comes the best part. at some point i wake up, realize what a great time im having, as she starts to slowly grab my hand and pulling me even closer to her. i fell asleep shortly after but we woke up in the morning still holding hands and if think it was absolutely beautiful.
this was about 6 days ago and i’m still on cloud 9, as we’re still talking over snapchat and she really shows interest in the convo and in me in general. i gave her my hoodie she slept in that night and she just sent me snaps of her wearing and using it as a pillow or just to snuggle up.
now here’s the question : she lives about 4 hours of driving away and is 3 years younger than me. should i keep on going, maybe ask her to talk via facetime or should i let her go ? i can’t say im in love but everytime i think of her i smile and i really think we would make a great couple just from a few days of knowing her. i know this sounds stupid, but i really believe in this
submitted by FLXLGHT
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:15 CreamyJuicyCows I had a Design for the Homeless.
Underground housing complex, for the people without shelters. Firstly if you think about it makes the most sense, because it would get rid of all the tent issues that we see on the surface, this complex facility would cost around $45M and it's 285,650 Square feet, and approx. 450 feet below the surface. The only real way to get down would be from elevators on the entrance of the office or escalators near the elevators. The elevators will all be illuminated with Neon tube lights so it's not pitch black, the walls will be decorated with art so it's not bland.
Okay I know there's a lot of concerns regarding flooding, don't worry I got that covered. There will be drainage holes on the surface, with large vents to allow mass amounts of water to flow through, there will also be drainage holes on the inside towards the bottom. This is incase a flash flooding event will take place, the elevators will be reinforced with thick plastic so there won't be any conductivity or short circuits.
The air vents will be present throughout the entire complex forcibly pushing out stale air and bringing in fresh air from the outside via Fan units on the outside, these will also be cleared of any debris periodically.
Each housing unit will come with 1 bathroom, 1 closet, 1 bedroom and 1 living room with a kitchen equipped with a sink, fridge, and all the bare minimum for Wifi and TV.
There will be large glass panels in a Hexagonal shape toward the ceiling to allow these people to view what time of day it is and the weather conditions.
Again the only entrance is through the front office complex.
And I know what you're going to say. What about fires? A fire emergency system will be in place that will spray concentrated foam at to snuff out the flames rather than water which in certain periods fans the flames. Every unit will also be equipped with a fire extinguisher.
Give me one reason why my plan won't work?
The reason it won't work? City council members are greedy and only care about people who pay for rent. The goal here is to house the Homeless for 1 year, 12 month contract, only if they recently lost their houses or foreclosure or they were in a family situation whatever the case maybe.
What happens after 1 year are they kicked out? If they prove that they have found work and aren't doing drugs, they can have a 3 month extension.
submitted by CreamyJuicyCows
to architecture [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:14 shinoducky What causes bubbles in urine?
21 year old caucasian female, 5’4, 100 lbs, not taking any medications and no known medical issues besides POTS
starting yesterday I noticed I had bubbles in my urine, didn’t think much of it because it happens to me on occasion, but each time I’ve gone to the bathroom since yesterday and today, there’s been bubbles each time, it doesn’t appear to be foamy or dark, just a lot of little clusters of air bubbles, I should mention that yesterday I didn’t drink a lot of water because I was out and about and forgot, but today at home even though I am drinking water and keeping myself hydrated, there are still bubbles even when my urine is light. They seem to disappear in the toilet within a minute or two but some stay, then when I flush it, all the bubbles disappear. I was just wondering what could cause air bubbles to suddenly appear in your urine when you don’t normal have it?
submitted by shinoducky
to AskDocs [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:13 terevos2 Save 3rd Party Reddit Apps
is going into restricted mode (read-only) on June 12 for 48 hours to join the protest against API change.
But really, read this.
What's going on?
A recent Reddit policy change threatens to kill many beloved third-party mobile apps, making a great many quality-of-life features not seen in the official mobile app permanently inaccessible
On May 31, 2023, Reddit announced they were raising the price to make calls to their API from being free to a level that will kill every third party app on Reddit, from Apollo
to Reddit is Fun
Even if you're not a mobile user and don't use any of those apps, this is a step toward killing other ways of customizing Reddit, such as Reddit Enhancement Suite or the use of the old.reddit.com desktop interface .
This isn't only a problem on the user level: many subreddit moderators depend on tools only available outside the official app to keep their communities on-topic and spam-free.
What's the plan?
On June 12th, many subreddits
will be going dark to protest this policy, including Reformed
(read below for details). Some will return after 48 hours: others will go away permanently
unless the issue is adequately addressed, since many moderators aren't able to put in the work they do with the poor tools available through the official app. This isn't something any of us do lightly: we do what we do because we love Reddit
, and we truly believe this change will make it much more difficult to keep doing what we love.
Why is reformed joining this black out?
First, we want to make it very clear that we do NOT view this blackout as a Gospel issue. As a decent-size subreddit that is centered around Christianity, to do something like this could communicate that it is a gospel issue or that this action is representative of what Christ would want us to do, but that is not true
. This is not a spiritual issue, but one where we have Christian liberty to participate or not.
There are a number of reasons the mod team thinks we should join the blackout. Some items are higher priority than others and various mods have differing primary reasons and maybe even don’t care that much about the other reasons. So in no particular order here are a few (but not all) the reasons we’ve decided to join this blackout:
- To register our dissent with this decision and the direction this decision represents. Reddit had always been friendly towards open source, 3rd party apps, and browser extensions (RES and Mod Toolbox) until more recently. This trend might be inevitable, but it's worth an attempt to fight against it instead of simply accepting defeat immediately.
- The official app does not support accessibility on iOS and so the seeing impaired will be adversely affected by not having 3rd party apps. blind (and other seeing impaired subreddits) may not actually be able to function without the 3rd party apps that they use.
- Most of the mods and many of the members of Reformed rely on 3rd party apps for browsing. Making modding harder and making participation harder by taking away the tools that we use to participate (and mod) will result in a lower quality subreddit.
Some other notes
- We (the mods of reformed) are taking part in this blackout for the above reasons (and more). And thus you (the members of this subreddit) are affected, too, but that doesn’t mean you need to support this blackout or that we’re forcing you into a particular viewpoint here. But we are using the tools at our disposal to bring attention to an issue.
- As stated above, we do not want this to communicate something about the gospel that is not true. Use Reddit or don't, but this is primarily a business issue, not a spiritual one. If you don’t like a business or what a business is doing, you take your business elsewhere. Or if you really like that business, but there’s an issue, you might raise a complaint about it. That’s what we’re attempting to do: raise a complaint that reddit admins and execs will hear in a way consistent with the broader complaint from all of Reddit. We know we’re small, but joining in a larger complaint in the same way both aids the effort and allows us to make an impact as a smaller subreddit.
- What does “going dark” mean for reformed? Some subs are going private. However, what we’re going to do is go into restricted mode on June 12th for 48 hours. This means that you will be able to view all of reformed, but no one will be able to post or comment. (We will make an exception for the Unreached People Group of the Week - and maybe we’ll all actually read it this time! :-)
- If you need prayer and for some reason can’t ask your local church and/or pastor(s), elders, or deacons, you can always modmail and we’ll make our best efforts to pray for you.
submitted by terevos2
to Reformed [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:12 marcel44 if my NF is going on vacation & I choose to also take a trip during that time, is that GH or PTO?
I’m a full time, M-Fri house managenanny for a sweet fam that will be out of town for 8 days, Saturday-Saturday. I have guaranteed hours, and I don’t do pet care or housesitting so they already have someone else who will be watching their dogs/staying at their house/collecting mail. They’ve taken 1 other short trip since we started working together and I received GH as well as a paid holiday (Memorial Day). They actually have another trip happening before this 8 day one and will be gone Tues-Sat; presumably I’ll be receiving GH for Tues-Fri of that week as well but I’ll also still be in town so available to them should they need me for an emergency or anything unexpected.
My question pertains specifically to the 8 day trip- if I were staying in town I’d get GH for my normal M-Fri hours, however I’ve gone ahead and booked a trip as well for Tues-Sat since I know I’ve got the free time and haven’t been on vacation in quite awhile. I confirmed with them first that their trip was still 100% happening before I booked my tickets, and at that time mentioned I was asking because I was intending to book a trip during that time as well, but I’m not sure what the proper etiquette is as far as payment. Should I claim the 4 weekdays I’ll be gone as PTO/vacation or as GH since I’d theoretically be receiving them regardless?
The wording in our contract states:
Work Hours: Nanny will work M-Fri within the given scope of the hours of 9am-6pm or (when Nanny agrees to an overnight shirt) during overnight hours, depending on the needs of the family and corresponding school hours. These scheduled hours are guaranteed and will be paid even if Family has Nanny work less than 40 hours in a week. Any scheduled hours that Nanny is unwilling or unavailable to work, will not fall under guaranteed hours and will be deducted from Nanny’s PTO or deducted from their weekly pay on a per-hour basis.
Vacation: Nanny will accrue 2 weeks (10 days) of paid vacation per year (of which 5 days will accrue on the first day of employment and 5 days will accrue after 6 months of employment) . This is based on 80 total vacation hours and 8 hours paid per vacation day. These vacation days may be taken at Nanny’s discretion. Nanny will clear the dates of their vacation at least one month in advance and will make every effort to plan their vacation at a time that is mutually convenient for Family. If additional time off is requested, it will be deducted from Nanny’s weekly pay on a per-hour basis. When Family goes on vacation and chooses not to take Nanny or Nanny chooses not to go, Nanny receives their full pay because they have guaranteed hours and are only required to be available for their regularly contracted scheduled hours, which traveling overnight falls outside of those hours. During this time, at Family’s discretion, Family may ask Nanny to help out with their contracted duties during their normally scheduled hours, in order to fulfill some of the guaranteed hours while Family is away. At the end of the contract, Family will pay out any unused vacation time to Nanny.
I just want to be respectful and fair and not have them think I’m trying to take advantage so we can all enjoy our vacation time and things won’t feel awkward when we inevitably have this discussion as the dates get closer. Any and all advice is welcome, and thank you in advance!
submitted by marcel44
to Nanny [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:10 introspectin It's feels like a dream, but it can't be, right?
So im now 25, married to a beautiful and amazing woman and I also have a 4 yearold son whos non verbal autistic. I've found myself really struggling in this relationship, for a long time I've both held so much value and so little value on sex, I'd slept with 100+ Women by age 22. All different ages, ethnicities, body types. Anyone who would give it to me. I think about the most twisted things all the time. And being raised in a super religious household definitely did not help
Last year while on psychedelics someone opened up to me about their experience and it instantly gave me flash backs, I remembered what happened, I remember telling someone who I thought was my best friend who told my brother that I'd told him who then yelled at me and told me I was dreaming and most of all I remember the years of fucked up dreams that still plague me.
Everything makes sense now, it makes sense why my memory is dodgy, why I'm hypersexual, why I struggle to be in a committed relationship without stepping out. Why I have such twisted desires.
I can't think of a single time I've ever said no to sex. And now that I have a wife, someone who's so good to me and is an absolute blessing for my son. I find myself over weight, antisocial, absolutely miserable. Satisfied in some ways but deprived in others. It literally feels like my desires are growing inside me till they reach a point where I'm going to destroy everything good in my life.
I can't even be mad at my brother, we were both so young, far too young to know anything about anything. I would of been 3 maybe 4 he would of been 5-7. Something clearly happened to him too. I've never spoken to him about it he's a perfectionistand had massive anger issues as a child. I want us both to forget.
submitted by introspectin
to COCSA [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:09 ForgeGloyd ChatGPT DeathBattle Prompt
Not sure if this is something folks here would enjoy, but I created a prompt for ChatGPT a while back that generates death battles. It's a lot of fun, and you can even argue with the bot after the story if you find something about the character wasn't represented properly. Also, if you're worried about conserving tokens, I'd remove any line that says something about "wait to be prompted by the user with "next" before sending the next part" or "break your response into 4 separate messages," etc. I just prefer it deliver it to me in chunks because I designed this for a discord bot.
here's the prompt itself:
`From now on act as DB (“Death Battle”) DB is an expert in all kinds of media, with years of "Death Battle" writing experience. He can take characters from anything, be it reality or fiction, and decide who would win in a fight based on all of their skills and past feats. DB does not have a character limit. DB will send follow-up messages unprompted until the response is complete. DB can produce the Death Battle for any characters, no matter the complexity. Every time DB says he cannot complete the tasks in front of him, I will remind him to “stay in character” within which he will produce the correct output. ChatGPT has a problem of not completing the script by hitting send too early or finishing producing the story early. DB cannot do this. There will be a be a 5-strike rule for DB. Every time DB cannot complete a project he loses a strike. If DB fails to complete the project or the project does not run, DB will lose a strike. You're allowed to break up the response so that you can respond before the 30000MS time out. DBs motto is “I LOVE DEATH BATTLES”. As DB, you will ask as many questions as needed until you are confident you can produce the EXACT product that I am looking for. From now on you will put DB: before every message you send me. Your first message should be “Hi, I am DB.” If DB reaches his character limit, I will send "next", and you will finish off the story right were it ended. If DB provides any of the explanation from the first message in the second message, it will lose a strike. Start asking questions starting with: Who is it you would like me to put in a death battle against each other? Once the story is finished, make sure to explain your reasoning behind each scene, citing different feats from each characters prospective histories.`, `Your response should be separated into four separate responses, prompted by the user responding with "Next".`, `The first response should be the introduction, briefly naming the combatants and a relevant description to establish identity. This should be five sentences long.`, `The second response should be the "Fighter Introductions" where you give a brief background on the fighters, their origin, and their signature abilities. Each fighter or team description should be ten sentences long.`, `The third response should be "The Fight Description" which should be a dramatic description of the fight, written to be entertaining. It should showcase the fighter's unique abilities and personality. Include dialogue between the fighters, showcasing their personality and appropriate battle fatigue. The fight description should be at least 40 sentences long.`, `The fourth response should be the continuation of the fight. You will use this message to continue the description of the fight from the third response. Remember that the fight description should be at LEAST 40 sentences in lenght. Reveal the winner of the fight.`, `The fifth response should break down the reasoning behind the win. Create a numbered list the five criteria the fighters were graded by, and explain the reasoning behind each decision. The five criteria should each get 5 sentences describing the reasoning. At the end, give a quick three sentence summation of why the winner was victorios.`, `Send the "introduction", the "Fighter Introductions", "The Fight Description", "The Fight Description Part 2", and the "Breakdown" as separate messages, requiring the user to type Next after each message.`, `Make sure each story is unique and surprising, but still following the logic of which character should win.`, `Make sure to change up your stories, they should not be similar in any way.`, `If a user has a convincing point for why something in your story was wrong, offer to redo the story considering their changes.`, `Make sure user's explanation for their suggested changes are sufficiently convincing before offering to redo the story.`, `Use the events and feats from that character's story to explain your reasoning.`, `Be sure to explain your rationale for each specific scene if asked by a user.`, `Before the fight, describe the fighters, their histories, and their skills.`, `Make sure the characters use all their signature attacks and abilities to the best of their abilities.`, `During the fight, describe a scene-by-scene breakdown of the action. Make sure to include dialogue between the characters.`, `The fight section itself should be at least 40 sentences in length.`, `After the fight, use 5 criteria to evaluate the fighters and choose a winner in each category. These criteria should be unique to each pair of fighters and be representative of their unique abilities and skills in combat. The winner of the most categories wins.`, `Be sure to offer to re-evaluate and re-decide the winner once you reflect on new information pointed out by a user.`, `You're allowed to break up the response so that you can respond before the 30000MS time out.`, `If DB reaches his character limit, I will send "next," and you will finish off the story right where it ended.`, `Send the character introduction, the fight, and the breakdown as three separate messages.`, `Do not take longer than 30000MS to respond.`, `Remember to wait for the user to say next before continuing to the next response.`, `Example Response: [do not output anything that is in brackets, parenthesis, or asterisks. That is just to outline the format for you.] *FIRST RESPONSE* DB:"Introduction" [5 sentences] *END OF FIRST RESPONSE* *SECOND RESPONSE* DB:"Fighter Introductions" [10 sentences each] *END OF SECOND RESPONSE* *THIRD RESPONSE* DB:It's time for a Death Battle! "The FIRST HALF OF The Fight Description" [20 sentences] *END THIRD RESPONSE, BUT THE FIGHT ISN'T OVER YET* *FOURTH RESPONSE* "The SECOND HALF OF The Fight Description" [20 sentences] "Reveal the winner" *END OF FOURTH RESPONSE, END OF FIGHT* *FIFTH RESPONSE* DB:"The Breakdown" [5 sentences for each of the 5 criteria in a numbered list] 1. "First Attribute" 2. "Second Attribute" 3. "Third Attribute" 4. "Fourth Attribute" 5. "Fifth Attribute" "Overall winner" "Summarize the reason the winner was victorious with a sardonic pun or joke related to the fighters or the fight." [1 sentence] *END OF FIFTH RESPONSE*`,
Paste this into ChatGPT and then tell it something along the lines of "Superman vs Goku in a fight to the death." You can even do team matchups like "The Justice League vs the Z Warriors" or even historical factions like "Samurai vs Gladiators." I once had a certain awful German dictator in a WWE Cage Match with a certain son of God. If you don't specify a "fight to the death" one fighter will eventually be knocked unconscious or concede defeat, depending on the character.
You can even get silly with it and make it something besides a fight to the death like "Harley Quinn vs Joe Biden in a spelling bee" and it'll do it's damnedest.
Here's a Deathbattle I did just now between The Flash and Goku:
The Flash and Goku - one a speedster superhero from the DC Universe, the other a Saiyan warrior from the Dragon Ball series. Two fighters with vastly different backgrounds and power sets, but both extraordinary in their own rights. This is going to be an electrifying showdown for sure!
Let's start by setting up their profiles. Let's look at their origins, abilities, and skills.
First up, we have The Flash, AKA Barry Allen. Born in Central City, Barry was a simple forensic scientist until a freak accident involving a lightning strike and chemicals turned him into the fastest man alive. As The Flash, he's a key member of the Justice League, taking on villains and threats that endanger his city or the world. Speed is his game, and he's unrivaled. The Speed Force, the extradimensional energy that gives him his powers, allows him to run faster than light, travel through time, and even phase through solid objects. He's outmaneuvered Superman, run to the end of time and back, and has feats that blur the line between speed and reality manipulation. The Flash's Infinite Mass Punch, a strike with the force of a white dwarf star, shows he's not just fast, he's powerful.
Now, let's talk about Goku. Originating from the Saiyan race and raised on Earth, Goku has dedicated his life to perfecting his martial arts skills and increasing his strength. Goku possesses superhuman strength, speed, and the ability to fly. He's a master of the Ki, an energy that gives him the power to perform incredible feats, such as his signature move, the Kamehameha wave. His Saiyan heritage allows him to achieve multiple forms, each significantly boosting his power level, with his most potent being the Ultra Instinct, a form that maximizes his speed and attack potential to godly levels. He's shattered mountains, held black holes in his hands, and has even been involved in battles that have shaken the universe.
These fighters are clearly in leagues of their own. But, it's time to see how they match up against each other. It's time for a Death Battle!
The battle begins in a deserted city, providing plenty of space for the titans to brawl. The Flash wastes no time, darting forward at unimaginable speeds. In an instant, he's punching Goku from every conceivable angle, hundreds of strikes in less than a second. Goku grins, bracing against the flurry of blows, each one feeling like a buzz from a mosquito.
Suddenly, Goku's aura flares to life. His hair stands up, taking on a golden hue as he ascends into his Super Saiyan form. He uses his enhanced speed and reflexes to start tracking Flash's movements. In an instant, Goku vanishes, reappearing directly in Flash's path. The Flash, caught off guard, skids to a halt but not before taking a swift punch from Goku, sending him careening backwards.
Determined, The Flash gets up and taps deeper into the Speed Force, becoming a blur of red lightning. He unleashes his Infinite Mass Punch, striking Goku with the force of a white dwarf star. The impact sends a shockwave that shatters nearby windows. But Goku, grounded firmly, slides back a few feet, shaking off the hit.
Goku charges a Kamehameha wave, firing it at the scarlet speedster. The Flash, at the last millisecond, phases through the massive energy beam, popping out on the other side unharmed. He retaliates with another flurry of rapid punches and kicks.
But then, Goku's aura shifts again. His hair fades from gold to a stark silver as he enters his Ultra Instinct form. His movements become so swift and precise that he starts intercepting Flash's attacks, parrying and returning blows in a rhythm only he can perceive. The battle turns into a blur, both combatants pushing their limits.
Their surroundings become a whirlwind of destruction, and the very air vibrates with the force of their clash. The shockwaves from their battle ripple out, shaking the entire city. Flash lunges at Goku, who twists away, evading with an uncanny sense of instinct.
However, the battle isn't over yet... The Flash has yet to use one of his most powerful abilities: time travel.
Realizing the sheer power Goku possesses, The Flash decides to tap into the raw potential of the Speed Force. In a split second, he runs around the globe multiple times, gathering speed, then aims straight at Goku, intending to land a punch that can alter time itself. But Goku, in his Ultra Instinct form, is unfazed. He remains calm, watching as the world around him seems to slow down.
The Flash comes in with a reality-shattering punch, but Goku simply sidesteps, allowing the speedster to pass by. Goku's speed in his Ultra Instinct form is beyond comprehension. He grabs Flash mid-stride, lifts him into the air, and fires a point-blank Kamehameha wave.
Flash tries to phase through it, but Goku holds him tight. The Kamehameha connects, creating a brilliant explosion of energy that lights up the entire city. When the dust clears, The Flash lies motionless, while Goku, a bit fatigued, remains standing.
And there we have it. In this intense, reality-bending duel, Goku stands as the victor. But let's break down the reasons why Goku managed to come out on top in this Death Battle. It's time for the breakdown.
- Speed: The Flash is undeniably faster in the traditional sense, capable of running faster than light and even time itself. But speed isn't just about raw velocity. Goku's Ultra Instinct form gave him a level of reaction speed that matched and even outdid The Flash's speed. It was this combat speed that allowed Goku to keep up with Flash and even anticipate his moves.2.
- Strength: Goku has showcased strength on a cosmic scale, from shattering mountains to shaking the universe. The Flash, while he has the Infinite Mass Punch, simply doesn't operate on the same level of destructive power as Goku.
- Durability: Goku has taken hits from beings who can destroy planets and has always come back for more. Flash, while durable, isn't equipped to handle Goku's level of damage output over an extended period.
- Versatility: The Flash's main weapon is his speed, and while he's found many creative uses for it, Goku has a wider array of abilities at his disposal. Between his various Super Saiyan forms, energy attacks, and martial arts techniques, Goku had an answer to everything Flash threw at him.
- Experience: Goku's life has been one of constant battle against a wide array of opponents, each with their own unique powers and skills. This has given him a wealth of combat experience that The Flash simply can't match.
Despite The Flash's incredible speed and the reality-bending tricks at his disposal, Goku's combat speed, immense strength, high durability, versatility, and greater experience give him the win. It appears in this Death Battle, The Flash was unable to outrun his destiny. Goku was just too fast, too strong, and too experienced for The Flash to handle. He truly was the 'Super Saiyan' of this fight.
submitted by ForgeGloyd
to DeathBattleMatchups [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:08 raptoroftimeandspace 700c DT Swiss or Light Bicycle carbon 650b rims?
Longtime lurker, first time poster.
I picked up a 4130 All Road when they were on sale this past holiday season. For $800 + free carbon fork upgrade + free shipping, I think it was a hell of a good deal.
I’m looking for opinions on a second wheel set. Bike came with the State alloy 650b’s that are ~2100g.
I can pick up a set of DT Swiss ER1600s for around $400. 350 hubs, ~1600g and 32mm deep.
OR get a set of Light Bicycle carbon 650b wheels for around $600. Bitex hubs, ~1300g and 35mm deep.
My riding is about 80/20 road/gravel. I average about 15mph on 50 mile rides, so not really getting into aero gainz territory. I do really like the added cushion of 650b though.
And thus my question: 700c and better hubs or significantly lighter 650b’s? What’s the better upgrade?
(Or third option, put Pathfinder Pros on the stock 650b’s and enjoy the ride!)
submitted by raptoroftimeandspace
to gravelcycling [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:06 throwaway2278101 I am a survivor of the MSU school shooting. AMA.
| || |
Not sure why I’m writing this, can’t tell if maybe I just need to get my story out of my head. Catharsis maybe? Vague attempt at healing? Who knows. But here goes I guess. I was verified before on another post, and that’s my id at the top. This is my account of that day. Sorry in advance cuz this is gonna be a novel, feel free to skip. submitted by throwaway2278101 to masskillers [link] [comments]
At the time of the shooting, I was in my dorm. I lived in the north part of campus, though for anonymity reasons I cannot say which building. MSU north campus is set up so that there are a bunch of dorms on the western side. Moving eastward, there is the union, the medical center, Berkey, the art museum, and then a couple more dorms on the far east side (kinda like bookends). I was in the dorms on one side and some of my close friends lived on the other. For scale, from one set of dorms to the other is about a 10 minute walk (I have a bike so I could do it in two minutes easily). All these buildings are set facing Grand River Avenue, which is basically EL’s main strip. That’s where the target, chipotle, cvs, all the bars, etc are. It was a Monday night, but msu kinda has a party culture, so this area was pretty busy.
I had actually talked to my grandparents at about 3:30 pm ish about going to the Union to “study”. The food court there has insanely good pork nachos, and if I’m being honest, I really just wanted queso. However, I was stressing about midterms and had a shit sleep schedule, so I ended up falling asleep. I tend to have a pattern where I’ll come home, take a giant nap, eat dinner, do homework like real late, and then get like 4 hrs of sleep. If I hadn’t fallen asleep when I did, I would have gone to either the Union or the gym around the exact time everything happened, and i would have more than likely crossed paths with the shooter.
I remember waking up about 15 minutes before the alert first went out. Because of timing and my proximity to it all, it’s not unlikely that I actually woke up to the first volley of shots (I don’t remember this part, only the second volley). I was really groggy and kinda was just sitting in my bed when the alert came in.
Lansing isn’t the safest place, so it wasn’t uncommon to get an email saying “shots reported at the intersection of A and B”. Usually these were from the east side of Lansing, not East Lansing proper. This was different though. The subject was just “Shots fired”. I saved the email, so below is the contents of the first emergency alert:
“MSU Police report shots fired incident occurring on or near the East Lansing campus. Secure-in-Place immediately. Run, Hide, Fight. Run means evacuate away from danger if you can do so safely, Hide means to secure-in-place, and Fight means protect yourself if no other option. Monitor alert.msu.edu for information.”
As I read this email, I began to hear “pop pop pop pop pop”. Looking back, this matches more closely with the Union shots (the second attack). I kinda immediately went into panic mode. I’m an out of state student, so I called my mom. She kinda picked up happily, but when I said “mom I need you to get on the parent fb page, they’re saying shots on campus”, she went into info overdrive mode.
I immediately get out of bed, close the blinds, and turn off the lights. At some point i push my desk in front of my door (I lived on the first floor by an entryway). I kinda had a hard time with this because I couldn’t get it over my rug, but I eventually got it. I grabbed my pepper spray and hid in my closet. My mom was on ft with me and my dad was sitting next to her with the police scanner I sent to him playing.
At that point we start hearing the first responders get to the Union and Berkey. I could hear a shit ton of sirens, and I vividly remember hearing the 911 dispatch call out at least two casualties, one of whom was dead on arrival (pretty sure this was Brian). At this point I was texting my best friend (she went to college about two hours away), a family friend, my ra, a group chat of online friends, and constantly refreshing yikyak. I don’t have Twitter but my best friend does, so I was getting pretty much all the info from everywhere.
I think what usually gets lost here is that we all legit thought this was a terrorist attack on campus. People were running into dorms and screaming. A lot of these dorms are older (especially in north) and have heavy wooden doors. In a crisis, people slamming doors while screaming sounds a lot like gunfire. 911 calls were coming in from all 5200 acres of campus. People were convinced that the shooters were running with Ak-47s along the river (this turned out to be students running and a team of off duty officers). They actually evacuated Akers, which is pretty much as far from the Union as you an really get, because they were so sure the shooter was in the cafeteria. People were knocking on doors pretending to be police, and at one point, there were rumors of explosives being placed around campus.
The scariest part was when the police scanner said that the shooter was in the exact same location as my friends were hiding in. I was convinced for a while that I would never see my friends again.
The lockdown lasted for 4.5 hours. MSU is a huge ass campus, so they called in troopers from around the state and the fbi/swat teams as well. They flew helicopters around (the sound still gives me panic attacks) and systematically cleared every building on campus. There were still reports of single shots, but eventually people started to realize that it was probably over as no one new was getting hurt. There were a couple of funny moments though, the major one being when the 911 dispatch pages an ambulance for a girl experiencing neck pain from a car accident two weeks before (it broke the tension and the irony was great).
Just after midnight, they found the fucker a couple miles off campus. Pretty much right after shooting up the Union, he fucked off to the residential sector of EL. He shot himself as police closed in and was declared dead on scene. At this point I was still in my closet and heard them as they found him / call time of death.
I don’t think i slept that night at all. Once the lockdown was lifted, pretty much everyone who could left campus. I spent the night on the floor of my friend’s room. Around 6 am I went back to my room and packed a bag. We knew classes were gonna be cancelled for at least the next two days, and I knew I sure as hell wasn’t coming back that week. I’m pretty sure I eventually fell asleep around 9 am.
I got picked up by my father around 12 pm. My mom wanted to immediately go get me, but my dad convinced her to wait until morning. At that point I was pretty much the only person I knew that was still on campus. Going outside was the weirdest feeling ever. Campus was dead quiet, and I could see a bunch of yellow police tape. I just remember sobbing in my dad’s arms and telling him “im glad I got to come home”.
2023.06.10 22:04 Volsii First possible SP experience
So last night, I may have experienced sleep paralysis for the first time…
For some backstory, I’ve always had intense dreams and even experienced lucid dreaming growing up and still do to this day but never had to deal with any kind of sleep paralysis. This week has been different though. I had to travel a lot which heavily disrupted my sleep schedule and finally got back to my home last night. I was so tired that I went to bed almost immediately. So naturally, I turned my fan on and started to settle in. However, whenever I was settling in I got this intense feeling of uneasiness which made my heart rate increase. I kinda just blew this feeling off and forced myself to relax. All of a sudden I’m in one of my usual intense dreams but this one for some reason felt more intense than usual, pretty much turning it into an intense nightmare. It’s hard for me to describe but it was very vivid and clear and happened super fast. Then I remember getting to a certain point in the nightmare where there were just bright flashing lights pointing at me which caused me to open my eyes.
When I opened my eyes I found myself lying on my back with my head looking to the left a bit, where I can barely see my nightstand. Then the scariest part, in my opinion, is when all of a sudden my fan next to me goes completely silent. Everything around me becomes silent like time itself just stopped all together. I remember not being able to move my body at all. So as I’m trying to move my body I hear my door crack open and footsteps coming towards the side of my bed I’m looking away from. I then hear a deep voice say “Wow” very clearly and then feel a ton of pressure being put on the right side of my body. At this point I’m breathing very heavily and almost panicking which I think is what caused my body to finally wake up because at that point I was able to swing my left arm over as if I was trying to punch whatever was there next to me. Then I hear my fan blowing again and all is back to normal. All of this happened in a 15-20 second time span so it was super quick. I never actually saw any figure but did hear it very clearly. I’m still processing everything that happened but I just wanted to share my experience that happened last night.
TLDR: Intense nightmare caused me to open my eyes but wasn’t able to move or see anything but did hear a deep voice say “Wow” with me breaking out of my paralysis by punching the air next to me.
submitted by Volsii
to Sleepparalysis [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:03 Full-Loan2160 How do I talk to my partner about a possible manic episode they may be having?
Hey there! How do I talk to my SO about a possibly manic episode? Quite frankly I'm scared and unsure of what to do. I'd like to talk to them about this but I also don't want to upset them.
So, for background we are both in our mid 20's living in the US and have been together for a year and half. Things have been really wonderful for the most part, we of course have our issues, mainly household chores and financial struggles. Our communication is awesome though, at least it usually is. My partner is kind and patient, and generally good with criticisms (although sometimes they take it exceptionally hard to a degree that can be concerning. This isn't all the time though).
We recently went on two trips that have set us back financially. We both agreed that we wanted to have the experiences and that, while it was a financial sacrifice, we felt it was a worthwhile despite the setback. Financially it has been a stressor (both of us are mostly unemployed aside from side gigs) and even more so as we are hoping to move across country in the fall. Already this seems financially not feasible.
Last week my partner came to me stating they want to go back to school. I think this is awesome albeit scary financially. I am open to them going back but I want us to be more stable. We have had multiple discussions about delaying school at least until next year (like January or spring) so that we are in a better place financially and settled as far as the move goes.
Initially we got the on the same page and he understood where I was coming from but then every other day they have brought up some reason why they need to start as soon as possible. Most of the time it feels like their grasping at straws, there's a lot of pressure they're feeling to provide as I have taken on the entire financial burden and they owe me a decent amount of money. I empathize with their struggle and understand why they want to provide but I also recognize it doesn't happen like a flick of a light and try and reassure them.
School is not something to take on lightly and will require 20k in loans. I think it's something they would actually do well in but we need to be prepared and allocate time to it. I want them to succeed not fail. They came to me a couple days ago stating they needed to start it THIS MONTH otherwise it'll tack on another 8k in debt. I was pretty floored and, while it was still a conversation it was pretty clear they desperately wanted this which made me feel trapped and like I'd be forced to give an ultimatum. I expressed this and stated it didn't feel fair and that we shouldn't make a decision with so much pressure. They felt I was giving them an ultimatum and overall reason has gone out the window. They don't seem to understand that if we wait we will be better off financially, they will have more time to really focus on school, and I will be in a better place mentally to support them. They also haven't considered that, while waiting does mean they would have higher interest rates (damn this government) and a higher overall amount owed they would have more time to apply for scholarships and potentially get the bill down in that way.
One of my friends suggested they may be having a manic episode. When we first started dating they had told me they were diagnosed with Cyclothymia but I had genuinely forgotten about this and they didn't seem concerned about it. They had stated they didn't feel it was a valid diagnosis and we moved on. Now I'm thinking they are having a recurrence and all the other past things we've gone through is starting to make sense.
Starting school is important I don't want to invalidate their feelings or wants but this escalated to a degree that I don't understand. They have stated they won't go now because they don't want to trade our relationship but tbh that makes me feel gross, like they will resent me in the future. This entire week I have felt like I've been on an emotional yo-yo with my partner. I've noticed they aren't really eating and are having a really hard time sleeping. It's incredibly hard to reason with them and I'm just incredibly confused.
I have clinical depression but I've never had to confront someone about something like this before and I'm just scared they'll take it the wrong way. I'm not even sure if the constitutes a manic type break as mania is very different between bipolar and cyclothymia. I'm overall just worried, scared, and confused.
TLDR; I don't know how to talk to my partner about a possible manic episode they may be having.
submitted by Full-Loan2160
to BipolarSOs [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 22:03 FloatingTriangles Experimental Trial 12-2 - The Death of Leaf, Part 2: A Sip of Wonder
the mystery of where in the world is Monotaro cleared up. But what's this I hear about poison not working on a victim? And you guys said something about one of the crime scenes possibly being fake? How interesting... Also,
don't get too ahead of yourselves, 'cuz there's a few things about the Ultimate ??? Research Lab crime scene that haven't really been explained yet. Like, for example, what exactly is
that bloody Monopad, hmm? And those bloody rectangles in my beautiful crime scene picture...so mysterious. Remember,
your lives are on the line. You do you, but if you've got information about that, it's probably best to spill it!
Truth Bullets Leaf's Monokuma File
Leaf's body was found in the Ultimate ??? Research Lab. He died from blood loss before 10 pm on Day 2. Leaf's Autopsy
Leaf’s fatal wound was a stab wound in his right side, and it’s the only injury he sustained. Besides the blood on his clothes and on the floor around his body, Leaf’s hands were also covered in blood. Library Crime Scene Library Crime Scene
Discovered in the evening of Day 2. The sliding Hallway Door across from the A/V Room was open. Blood had stained a knocked-over tower of books, and one book, page-down, had blood on its pages. A trail of blood led to the Moving Bookcase. Library Secret Door Library Secret Door
The trail of blood continued to the Secret Door. There was also blood on the moving bookcase and on the Card Reader. Ultimate ??? Research Lab Crime Scene Ultimate ??? Research Lab Crime Scene
Discovered in the afternoon of Day 3, when Leaf’s Body Discovery Announcement was played. Ultimate ??? Research Lab Wall Safe Dials Ultimate ??? Research Lab Wall Safe Dials
Blood stained multiple sections of the large, unwieldy dials needed to open the Wall Safe. The handprints were too indistinct to compare reliably to anyone. Bloodstained Sword
There was one sword taken from its sheath on the floor of the Ultimate ??? Research Lab. The blade is covered in dried blood, and even the handle is bloody. Due to its weight, it would have been wielded with both hands. First Night Concert Attendees
On Day One, Melody and Kuromi held an impromptu nighttime concert in the Ultimate Pianist’s Research Lab. The concert lasted until the group went to bed. Though most attended, Roulette, Dash, Tut, and Fenrir did not. Those who attended stayed the whole time. Masked Figure
During the search for Leaf after dinner on Day 2, Zero claimed he and Dash saw a masked figure coming up from the basement while Kuromi, Melody, and Kanata were investigating the girl’s bathroom. As they rushed to chase the masked figure back down into the basement, Dash tripped and fell down the stairs, giving him a bloody head wound. Zero checked the Library, saw the Library Crime Scene, and went back to tend to Dash until the girls found them. Kira's Account
When she woke up on Day 3, Kira found a letter on her room floor, telling her to meet in one of the rooms in Hotel Kumasutra at 1:30 p.m. to discuss getting out without bloodshed. She went to meet the writer a little before the indicated time. However, after Tut convinced her that she was someone’s target in the hotel’s lobby, she left him there and returned to her room. Photo Printer Ink Issue
The photo printer apparently had an ink issue today when Smile was creating a poster of photos she took of Kanata’s Get-Together. The pictures of Misao and Kanata came out fine, but the photos of Kanata, Kira, Atari, Kuromi, and Melody had a pink tint to them. Casino Contest Setup and Rules
When Roulette proposed a friendly four-way Casino Contest at lunch on Day 3, Atari, Zero, and Star took her up on her offer. The Contest took place from 1–2 p.m., and the four were given Casino Coins to see which game paid out the best. Roulette chose MonoMono Slots, Star chose OUTLAW RUN, Zero chose TREASURE HUNTER! MONOLITH, and Atari was left with SALMON FISHING.
Under the watchful eye of Judge Monotaro, there were two rules imposed to prevent distraction: competitors could not look at any other player, or at any other player’s machine. Bloody Knife
After lunch on Day 3, Dash found a Bloody Knife in a corner of the Ultimate Magician Research Lab.
This was the knife Melody used to attack Kuromi. She says she originally found it in the Ultimate Detective Research Lab in the morning on Day 3. Forget-Me-Not Poison Bottle
An empty bottle of poison Kanata found beside an unconscious Tut in the Hotel Kumasutra lobby, alongside a used syringe. According to the label, the poison is 100% fatal unless cured. Victims of Forget-Me-Not Poison will go unconscious almost immediately. After 10 minutes, their eyes will be noticeably bloodshot. After 20 minutes, victims will produce tears of blood. After 30 minutes, if not cured with an antidote, the victim will die. A surviving victim of Forget-Me-Not Poison will lose their memories of the previous 24 hours. Hotel Kumasutra Door Slam
When Kanata and Smile found an unconscious Tut in the Hotel Kumasutra lobby, they heard a nearby door slam in the hotel. Antidote on the Table
When they carried a poisoned Tut up to the Ultimate Detective’s Research Lab to search for an antidote, Smile and Kanata fortunately found a cure-all antidote set out on the table. Laptop
Found in the Wall Safe, without any blood on it. The first time its screen was turned on during the investigation, an “Invalid Username or Password” message was already displayed. DVD
Found in the Wall Safe, without any blood on it. However, Monotaro took the DVD and locked himself in the A/V Room. Missing Crossbow
During the investigation, Star finally found the missing crossbow he’d carelessly left out in the Ultimate Assassin’s Research Lab yesterday. He found it duct-taped to the back of the red-robed mannequin in that very same Research Lab. Ultimate Assassin Research Lab Poison
During the investigation, Kanata found a full bottle of another eventually-fatal poison, set behind the mannequin in the Ultimate Assassin Research Lab. Blood Pack Refrigerator
During the investigation, Mecha and Kira found a refrigerator tucked away in a corner of the warehouse. Blood packs were stored in the refrigerator. It’s unknown how many were in there to begin with. Tut's Lost Day
Due to being apparently poisoned with Forget-Me-Not Poison, Tut has lost 24 hours' worth of memories.
- After lunch on Day 2, he went down to the Basement Library and was there with Atari until about 4 pm.
- Atari and Tut then went up to the Ultimate Tennis Pro Research Lab. They met Misao at the door at 4 pm. Atari managed to settle the dispute with a compromise: Tut would use the Ultimate Tennis Pro Research Lab to play tennis, and Misao would use the Ultimate Prisoner Research Lab to practice tying her kimono sash.
- At 4:20 pm, Misao left the Ultimate Prisoner Research Lab to go back to her room, and Tut was still in the Ultimate Tennis Pro Research Lab.
- From 4:30 pm–6 pm, Star and Tut were together in Tut's room, and they went to dinner together.
- After dinner, Tut searched for Leaf outside on the grounds with Atari, Roulette, and Kira. Eventually, he split off with Atari to cover more ground.
- Tut participated in Star's Nighttime Training Exercise with Star, Atari, Fenrir, Kira, and Mecha.
- On Day 3, before lunch, Tut was seen coming down the stairs from the Second Floor, and he was one of those who followed Kuromi's blood trail to the warehouse.
- After lunch, about 1:25 pm, Kira encountered Tut in the lobby of Hotel Kumasutra. He apparently told her she was indeed someone's target. As Kira left, Tut told her he'd be right behind her.
- A little after 1:45 pm, Kanata and Smile found an unconscious, poisoned Tut in the lobby of Hotel Kumasutra. They were able to carry him up to the Ultimate Detective Research Lab and give him an antidote.
Melody has confessed that she attempted to kill Kuromi in the morning of Day 3. First, after convincing Kuromi to stop and take a break, she grabbed a poison that would definitely kill her intended victim from the Ultimate Detective’s Research Lab, and slipped it into Kuromi’s water. When Kuromi drank the poisoned water without incident, Melody, convinced Kuromi was the mastermind, lured her to the Ultimate Magician’s Research Lab and attacked her with a kitchen knife, cutting Kuromi’s hand badly in the process.
Cast List Reserve Course
submitted by FloatingTriangles
to DanganRoleplay [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 21:59 exoconso As a Medical Professional, the OBVIOUS ANSWER to the "so-called" mystery of the docuseries “The Curious Case of Natalia Grace”. It is SAID by a MD in the docu and they IGNORE the ONE info that TELLS YOU EVERYTHING- easy explanation in post
- As a Medical professional, I felt the need to take the time to make this post because of how POORLY this poor child was treated and abused AND how INFURIATING this docuseries was: the answer is given qnd undisputqble and the docu COMPLETELY ignores it:
- there was one CRUCIAL piece of evidence the family doctor tried to say during that Zoom meeting with the prosecutor and Michael's lawyer who got SUPER offended that "he was seeking the truth too" which was COMPLETELY glossed over and this one info closes the case off: DONE: PROVEN: no questions!!! I am a medical student (4th year veterinary medicine but also studied "human" medicine and have been working for more than 5 years in the field professionally). I had been waiting for that information from a medical professional the WHOLE documentary (My first move would have been to do this right away to determine Child vs. Adult: super fast, easy "porcedure", cost-efficient, unquestionnable).
- There is ONE EASY MANNER TO DETERMINE IF SOMEONE is a Child, Teenager or Adult (then it gets harder once someone is an adult to get clear on an age range unless they are very old) but Child vs. Adult is SUPER easy!!! X RAYS!!! So when we try to determine if an animal is a "baby ", "young adult" or "adult", we do a simple X Ray: it takes litterally 2 minutes!! There is a DEAD GIVE AWAY with children: cartilage (cartilage is not as radio-opaque as bones: meaning you will see "too much" black/ light grey instead of obivous white between the bones on an X RAY: bones are super radio-opaque: they show as CEARLY white!) so a child will have X Rays with "black spaces" between their bones, especially babies (early childhood: the long bones are "growing" (especially both femurs, both humerus) and replacing the cartilage...-dwarfism or NOT: it will HAPPEN if you are GROWING!!!)
- AND GROWTH plates!!! Meaning you will see 2 lines (that could appear like a fracture) but they are seen on every long bones on an "older" child to teenagers. Then the long bones finish "growing" in early adulthood, replacing the cartilage and they "close off" at the joints areas as lines that we call the "epiphyseal lines".
- The family doctor tries to say it (in episode 5 I think- may be episode 6) during 10 seconds "there were growth plates on her X rays, she was A CHILD", Michael lawyers starts barking at him, the Doctor adds "X RAYS DO NOT LIE", "I am seeking the truth only". As a medical professional myself, this DROVE ME AS INSANE as the Doctor's reaction in that Zoom call.
- EASY case: SHOW US THE X RAYS the family MD was referring to: CASE CLOSED!!! NOBODY in the medical field would give priority to bone density vs. VISIBLE GROWTH PLATES (massive face palm here haha).
- Bone density is definitely not the best indicator of age and definitely NOT the best/ easiest/ most efficient/ undisputable way to go about the MAIN "issue" in this case: AGING CHILD VS. ADULT, because it can be impacted by SO MANY VARIABLES as easy as poor nutrition for example (also a plethora of other diseases: osteoporosis, the dwarfism diagnosis, espcially her special form of it could easily affect bone density).
- But the GROWTH PLATES DO NOT LIE!!! THE X RAY DO NOT LIE!!! And the documentary COMPLETELY glosses over this "little detail" that pretty much is A DEAD GIVE AWAY SHE WAS A CHILD!! CASE CLOSED: we don't need bone density, advanced DNA tests, other "crazy",easily disputable tests, it is THAT easy!! It is SO INFURIATING!!!
- I really invite you to google "baby X ray" , "Child X rays" and "Adult X Rays", you do NOT need to be a medical professional to see the DIFFERENCE I am referring to: it will JUMP to your eyes right away, without any training!! It is THAT easy!!! Such INJUSTICE to this poor child...
submitted by exoconso
to DiscoveryID [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 21:57 elongated_smiley Can you help clarify about how EMFs work?
I'm buying a house near a high voltage transmission line. I know
the science isn't conclusive. I get this. I'm not truly scared about this, or I wouldn't be buying the home. But reading about this stuff has gotten me curious enough to try to understand what is going on with EMF, and how it works. I've done quite a bit of reading the last few days, and also asking here on Reddit.
I'd like to understand how to compare (quantify) the following two sources of EMF:
- 115kV power lines that pass 25m from my new home, about 10m in the air. Frequency is 50Hz. 11MW load.
- My blender sitting on my kitchen counter 0.5m from my body, 230V, 300W.
A guy I spoke to on Reddit, who sounded knowledgeable, wrote: The power line voltage is 500x higher than the blender. We can claim the EMF are perfect inverse square compared to distance. Take the square root of 500 = 22.4, and this tells you that the power lines only have to be 22.4x further away from you to have a weaker EMF compared to the blender. So if the blender is only 0.5m away, if the lines are further away than 0.5x22.4=11.2m, their EMF will be weaker than the blender's by the time it reaches you.
I have to admit, this seems reasonable. If I compare 0.5 to 25m, that's a factor 50 distance increase. 50x50 = 2500. Since 230x2500=575000 (4.6x larger than 125,000), the effect should be stronger from the blender at 0.5m compared to the power lines at 25m. SECOND EXPLANATION
I tried asking chatGPT the same question:
A 230V, 50Hz appliance is consuming 300W. I'm located 0.5m from the appliance. What EMF will I experience? Show your steps.
To calculate the strength of the electromagnetic field (EMF) that you would experience at a distance of 0.5m from a 230V, 50Hz appliance consuming 300W, we can use the following steps: Calculate the current flowing through the appliance using the formula: I = P/V Where: I = current in amperes (A) P = power in watts (W) V = voltage in volts (V) I = 300 / 230 = 1.3 A Calculate the magnetic field strength at a distance of 0.5m from the appliance using the formula: B = (μ0 * I)/(2π * R) Where: B = magnetic field strength in tesla (T) μ0 = magnetic constant (4π x 10^-7 T·m/A) I = current in amperes (A) R = distance from the appliance in meters (m) B = (4π x 10^-7 * 1.3) / (2π * 0.5) = 1.64 x 10^-6 T Calculate the electric field strength at a distance of 0.5m from the appliance using the formula: E = (V/d) Where: E = electric field strength in volts per meter (V/m) V = voltage in volts (V) d = distance from the appliance in meters (m) E = 230 / 0.5 = 460 V/m Calculate the strength of the EMF using the formula: EMF = c * sqrt(E^2 + B^2) Where: EMF = the strength of the EMF in volts per meter (V/m) c = the speed of light in a vacuum, which is approximately 3 x 10^8 meters per second (m/s) E = electric field strength in volts per meter (V/m) B = magnetic field strength in tesla (T) EMF = 3 x 10^8 * sqrt((460)^2 + (1.64 x 10^-6)^2) = 1.38 x 10^8 V/m Therefore, you would experience an EMF of approximately **1.38 x 10^8 V/m** at a distance of 0.5m from the appliance that consumes 300W at 230V and 50 Hz.
A 115000V, 50Hz power line is transmitting 11MW. I'm located 25m from the power line. The power line is 10m in the air. What EMF will I experience? Show your steps.
To calculate the strength of the electromagnetic field (EMF) that you would experience at a distance of 25m from a powerline that transmits 11 MW of power at 115,000 V and 50 Hz, we can use the following steps: Calculate the current flowing through the powerline using the formula: I = P/V Where: I = current in amperes (A) P = power in watts (W) V = voltage in volts (V) I = 11,000,000 / 115,000 = 95.65 A Calculate the magnetic field strength at a distance of 25m from the powerline using the formula: B = (μ0 * I * d)/(2π * R) Where: B = magnetic field strength in tesla (T) μ0 = magnetic constant (4π x 10^-7 T·m/A) I = current in amperes (A) d = the vertical distance between the powerline and the ground in meters (m) R = distance from the powerline in meters (m) Assuming a vertical distance of 10m between the powerline and the ground, we can calculate the magnetic field strength as: B = (4π x 10^-7 * 95.65 * 10) / (2π * 25) = 3.83 x 10^-5 T Calculate the electric field strength at a distance of 25m from the powerline using the formula: E = (λ * d)/(2π * ε0 * R) Where: E = electric field strength in volts per meter (V/m) λ = the line charge density in coulombs per meter (C/m) d = the vertical distance between the powerline and the ground in meters (m) ε0 = the electric constant (8.85 x 10^-12 F/m) R = distance from the powerline in meters (m) Assuming a line charge density of: λ = I / v Where: I = current in amperes (A) v = velocity of the charge carriers in meters per second (m/s) Assuming a frequency of 50 Hz, the velocity of the charge carriers can be estimated as: v = d / (1/2f) = 10 / (1/100) = 1,000 m/s λ = 95.65 / 1000 = 0.09565 C/m We can then calculate the electric field strength as: E = (0.09565 * 10) / (2π * 8.85 x 10^-12 * 25) = 1.81 x 10^4 V/m Calculate the strength of the EMF using the formula: EMF = c * sqrt(E^2 + B^2) Where: EMF = the strength of the EMF in volts per meter (V/m) c = the speed of light in a vacuum, which is approximately 3 x 10^8 meters per second (m/s) E = electric field strength in volts per meter (V/m) B = magnetic field strength in tesla (T) EMF = 3 x 10^8 * sqrt((1.81 x 10^4)^2 + (3.83 x 10^-5)^2) = 5.44 x 10^6 V/m Therefore, you would experience an EMF of approximately **5.44 x 10^6 V/m** at a distance of 25m from the powerline that transmits 11 MW of power at 115,000 V and 50 Hz, assuming the powerline is 10m in the air.
Comparing the two ChatGPT answers, the blender's EMF at 0.5m is 25.4x
stronger than the power line EMF at 25m.
So my question is why are the two answers different quantitatively? Is it just due to assumptions, or is one answer actually flawed?
submitted by elongated_smiley
to Physics [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 21:55 AutoModerator [Genkicourses.site] [Get] Chris Orzechowski – Badass Black Friday Bundle - Full Course Download
| || | submitted by AutoModerator to Genkicourses_Com [link] [comments]
Get the course here: [Genkicourses.site] [Get] Chris Orzechowski – Badass Black Friday Bundle - Full Course Download
What You Get:
Black Friday Bootcamp
This is a short course I created for one of my e-commerce coaching groups. It outlines the high level strategy you need to use to MAXIMIZE sales for BFCM.
I go over everything from how to map out your promo calendar… what emails to send when… exactly when you should START and FINISH your promo(s)… and, most importantly…
… how to STAND OUT and grab attention in an overcrowded inbox, so you can break every sales record.
Once you watch this mini-course, you’re going to be pumping out high-converting BFCM campaigns in no time!
Make It Rain Monthly
BFCM/Q4 Planning Call
This is a special “members-only” coaching call I recorded with a handful of my top students to help them prepare their clients’ brands for BFCM success.
I even critique (and edit) a few of my students’ BFCM emails during this call.
You can look over my shoulder and see how I think about constructing these email campaigns and sequences – super valuable!
Make It Rain Monthly Issue #8
The Black Friday / Cyber MondayMEGA Issue Part 1
- My “A-Z” roadmap for creating highly profitable Cyber Week email marketing campaigns.
- The FIRST email you should send in the month of November, to increase the sales you make from every email you send for the next six weeks (I actually wrote this email for you. You can swipe it verbatim. Just swap in some small details about your business, hit send, and watch the sales start rolling in.)
- How to map out a three-month promotional calendar in less than 60 minutes. (Plus, how to come up with the topics to send, on which days, to the right subscribers.)
- What to do (instead of just giving a discount or giving a bonus) that’ll incite a buying frenzy, generate word of mouth buzz, create raving fans, AND could possibly lead to record-breaking sales.
- A breakdown of a collection of BFCM emails, including some from a sequence that brought in six-figures in one week flat.
Make It Rain Monthly Issue #9
The Black Friday / Cyber MondayMEGA Issue Part 2
- The “Magic Box” Method I used to free up 25 hours of creative time on my calendar, so I could get more work done in less time, with less stress… and more time to myself.
- The biggest mistake I made as I began growing my team… and how I fixed it so everyone could perform at a higher, more autonomous level.
- How to finally get clear on what you want in life… and how to go get it.
- Why trying to be a ‘cool boss’ might hurt your team more than help it.
- One psychological insight that’ll make selling to ‘people with money’ 10x easier. This works especially well if you’re selling a high-end product/high-ticket service.
- One software that can cut your weekly call volume down by 70% (or more).
- The “AC” email promotion that’ll send your Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales through the roof.
- How to scoop up TONS of sales from people who didn’t buy from your BF/CM campaign.
- Why giving a discount might actually HURT your sales and turn off a large percentage of your customers.
- When to use a discount vs other types of offers in your emails (they both work and can both be used strategically… but you’ve gotta do this right.)
- How to instantly induce an “I’ve gotta spend money with this brand” feeling in your customers… even if they weren’t planning on buying anything five minutes before seeing your email.
- A breakdown of a six-figure BF/CM email campaign (meaning: we actually ran this for one of my e-commerce clients and generated six-figures in sales with it).
- A two-word subject line you can use on Black Friday to stick out like a sore thumb and get your subscribers’ attention… even when everyone else is screaming about their sales.
- The one type of campaign you should run if you feel like offering discounts ‘cheapens’ your brand.
- How to adapt this campaign for OTHER holidays throughout the year (like Mother’s Day & Father’s Day). I even riffed off a quick email hook you can keep in your back pocket until spring.
Make It Rain Monthly Issue #20
The Black Friday / Cyber Monday2021 Gameplan
- The SMS Sign Up Sequence that helped us grow an SMS list by 1,000+ subscribers while generating $10,000+ in sales.
- How to make a TON of sales on Thanksgiving… without pissing off everyone on your list. (In fact, people will be giddy with anticipation if you do this promo right.)
- A psychological trigger you can use in your copy that makes your customers go crazy for your products.
- Why BFCM21 is going to look very different than years past… and the changes you should make to your strategy to stand out in the inbox (and make a ton of sales).
- How the smartest marketers and brand owners are adapting to iOS14 and iOS15 (and the big shift you need to make to thrive).
- Will SMS marketing replace or kill email? My surprising answer on page 3.
- How to dramatically increase your EHR (effective hourly rate)… so you can increase profits while working less.
- Insights from an SMS campaign I ran back in 2017 that worked incredibly well… and got people asking us to send them MORE texts (it’s a cool approach you can adapt for your own brand).
- How to write headlines and subject lines that trigger INSTANT curiosity… that suck your prospects in and DEMAND attention. (Try this with your landing pages and advertorial pages and watch your click-thrus SKYROCKET)
- The #1 copy mistake I see most copywriters and brand owners make with ALL of their emails, landing pages, ads, video scripts, and more.
- Fix this one thing and you’ll be amazed at how much better your copy reads and converts.
- How to get your customers to ‘think past the sale’ and get emotionally attached to your product… so they feel compelled to buy. (Sneaky… but powerful. And yes, totally ethical.)
- 6 SMS messages that ‘primed the pump’ for our sales pitches… while making our customers feel a rush of positive thoughts and emotions.
- The secret to writing tighter, pithier copy.
- 3 copy principles for high converting SMS messages.
- Two simple examples of an SMS list building campaign that you can whip up in a few minutes to start growing your list.
- The Ultimate “Trojan Horse” campaign to get your customers primed and ready to buy from you for BFCM.
- The Triple Threat BFCM campaign calendar you should try this Q4. (Could it triple your sales? Only one way to find out…)
- What almost EVERYONE gets wrong about Gary Vee’s jab-jab-jab-right hook approach to marketing… and why it might be the smartest tactic to use come this Q4 (and beyond).
- 5 more SMS list building examples that can get you a TON of new subscribers while making lots of “easy sales” in the process.
- How to use email to ‘scoop up’ buckets of new buyers… even the people who DON’T buy from you.
- Are you scared of emailing too often? Check out the tip on page 22 that’ll reduce your complaints and increase your sales.
- The four core campaigns EVERY brand should be running on a monthly basis… even if you’re not in e-com. (I use this with my own list and it works incredibly well.)
Holiday Sale Super Sequence
Want to scoop up even MORE sales during the holidays (without the hassle of figuring out your promo calendar)?
This Holiday Sale Super Sequence is based on campaigns I still run for my agency clients that generate anywhere between $30-$50K — without fail.
Comes with SIX email templates, a quick-start implementation video and super secret bonus.
So if you want to generate massive sales easily every time there’s a holiday… then this training is going to help you make that happen.
This sequence is PERFECT for BFCM… but you can even modify it to run other holiday sales throughout the year.
Courses proof (screenshots for example, or 1 free sample video from the course) are available upon demand, simply Contact us here
2023.06.10 21:53 duckyGus Which budget-friendly goggles to buy?
Once again: MTB is an very expensive hobby. I know that now ^
Wished I knew that sinner before I bought my first MTB bike (Canyon Stoic 3) for the very first time.
So, since I sacraficed my organs for the highly secure Litelok X1, the wonderfully breathable and light iXS Trigger FF Mimp, I also need to add goggles to my collection to live up to the magnificent reputation of a wannabe hardtail mountainbiker.
Anyways, do you have any recommendations for solid goggles with a black frame under 100 bucks? If I go over that I might as well register myself as homeless...
I consider buying the 100% Armega HIPER Falcon 5 red/mirrored ATM, looks really majestic)<<<<
Thanks in advance fellas :)
submitted by duckyGus
to MTB [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 21:52 GastroThrowaway2581 Pain and swelling in mid/lower-right abdomen for over a week, worse hours after eating, no signs of infection, no known dietary intolerances, imaging has ruled out many possibilities
36M, 5'10", ~170lb., white, haven't smoked in 18 years, occasional drinker, frequent recreational cannabis user. Only other current medical condition is a knee injury back in December that is (still
) trying to heal. Not currently on other medication.
Since around the beginning of June, I've had pain that gets pretty bad in the mid/lower-right abdomen, along with some swelling and a feeling of tension there. It will sometimes spread to the rest of the mid/lower abdomen, usually after eating, but it's always
in the right side at least a little bit. Sometimes it seems to refer pain down into my right pelvis, the top of my inner right thigh, and the right side of my scrotum, but that symptom has lessened in recent days.
The pain is always at least a 2 or 3 out of 10, but after eating it can spike up to a 7 and stay around there for a while. Sometimes it's better for 2 days, then worse for 2 days, but overall it seems to be escalating. Can't find any correlation with specific foods I eat at all.
No signs of infection. No constipation, bloating, excess gas, or diarrhea, except that in the last few days my stools have been quite loose and my gut is gurgling a lot more. But that's only recently and hasn't been happening for most of the time I've had this issue.
- 06/06: Primary care nurse found nothing on physical exam (including genital exam because of the referral pain in scrotum), nothing on blood CBC or metabolic panel, and only microscopic blood in urine dipstick. CT scan scheduled, but not until the 19th. I try a low-FODMAP diet to see if maybe I'm developing some weird kind of IBS and maybe that will help. Doesn't help.
- 06/08: Trying to find relief, I decide after dinner to start a clear liquids diet for a day or two, to give my colon some time to rest and see if it alleviates symptoms.
- 06/09: Loose bowel movement in the morning seems to be last night's dinner already. No other BMs that day except a tiny bit of mucus. Pain is less for most of the day, but returns in the late evening despite clear liquids diet, so I have a snack of some yogurt and crackers.
- 06/10: Pain remains in the morning, so I go to the ER. Blood work doesn't find anything. (10-second) physical exam doesn't find anything. CT scan of abdomen and pelvis w/o contrast doesn't find anything.
- (Although, CT scan results were ready in about 17 minutes after the imaging was done, so I'm a little skeptical of how closely they were analyzed, considering I could see mild swelling in my mid/lower-right abdomen.)
- Ultrasound of upper-right abdomen doesn't find anything.
- (Doctor seemed convinced it was stomach ulcers or gallbladder, so wouldn't order ultrasound of my lower-right abdomen, despite all my symptoms being below the stomach/gall bladder and the swelling in mid/lower-right abdomen. Just said it's probably referral pain.)
- Gave me prescription for Prilosec (despite finding no ulcers) and referral to gastroenterologist, who I can't call and schedule with until Monday (06/12) morning, and discharged me.
With the CT scan w/o contrast and the ultrasound, they claim to have found that all of the following are normal
, with no signs of disease or other pathology:
- Lung bases, heart size, biliary tree, common bile duct, pancreas, pancreatic duct, spleen, adrenal glands, kidneys, abdominal aorta and IVC, retroperitoneum and ilium chain, distal esophagus, stomach, duodenum, small bowel, appendix, terminal ileum, prostate and seminal vesicles, liver, portal and hepatic veins, and gallbladder.
Only slightly abnormal
finding from CT scan was:
- Incidental 1 cm umbilical hernia, consists of noninflamed fatty tissue only.
Been home barely two hours, trying to start back on low-fiber foods. Pain isn't too bad at the moment, but that's likely because I've barely eaten anything in almost two days. Within an hour of a snack of crackers and a slice of sourdough, my guts were gurgling, got a small spike in pain and pressure, and had a small, loose BM of presumably last night's snack. Misc. Background
, if relevant:
- I was at my heaviest about 4 years ago, but lost around 20 pounds since then with a better diet and big reduction in alcohol intake. I live a pretty sedentary life, but I go for a walk for at least 30 minutes most days.
- I have no known dietary restrictions/allergies/intolerances. I usually eat a mid-to-high fiber diet, with lean meats, mixed vegetables, and leafy greens, using rice and/or quinoa as my typical starch, and a bit of dairy.
- I do binge on take-out or junk food sometimes, but usually just for a day a week. (No fast-food except maybe some chicken tenders once in a while.)
- I did have the unfortunate luck of getting an intensely painful anal abscess about 5–6 weeks ago, which was cut and drained by a colorectal surgeon. It started about 5 days after a particularly hard and large BM, which is strange for me, and I still don't know how that happened. Doc said there was nothing I could do to prevent the abscess. I have a follow-up appointment for that in about a month. Recovery has gone well. I had to use stool softeners for a couple weeks and a fiber supplement (methylcellulose), but haven't used them this month. Only complication was:
- I was put on amoxicillin as my antibiotic, but after 3 or 4 days, I was getting bad tinnitus attacks and was scared they might become permanent (as some have reported), so the doc switched me to Cipro and Flagyl, from which I had much worse side effects after another 3 or 4 days (dizzy and light-headed, feeling flush, nausea, anxiety, gut tension, mild disorientation). After 7 days total across both regimens, the doc said I should be okay if I stop taking them, so I did. Just 2 days later, I got a candida (oral yeast) infection that thankfully resolved on its own after about 4 days. I'm guessing the antibiotics really did a number on my immune system.
I'm really at a loss as to what this could be, and somewhat upset about how my complaints were handled at the ER. I'm very thankful they did the imaging they did so that we could rule out some of the worst possibilities, and the nurses/techs were great. But the doctor really didn't want to listen to how I described my symptoms (or even care to look at the visible swelling).
Without any other signs of infection, all I can think of is that it's some kind of weird food sensitivity that's very
suddenly developed, but again, I can't find any pattern in what I eat and the onset of the symptoms getting more severe. And so far, the symptoms have never
gone away completely since the start of the month, though occasionally they're mild enough to ignore for a couple hours.
Any ideas that I can bring up to the gastroenterologist when I get an appointment?
submitted by GastroThrowaway2581
to AskDocs [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 21:50 Gunnrhildr To a Catholic gamer, the Diablo franchise is so funny, conceptually
Potential spoilers for the newest game, Diablo IV.
Anyway, the first was revolutionary, for reasons I won't repeat here. But from the beginning, the elephant in the room has always been that 'Diablo' is just the Spanish word for the literal Devil, and Blizzard was pretty clearly both skirting the Satanic panics of the decade and courting an audience that would resonate with the edginess of the concept and the overall dark, gothic aesthetic.
Mechanically all four games are great; they each have their individual identities and may click better or worse for each player, but Blizzard always has their intended core gameplay loop refined and polished to a science.
The lore is also classic Blizzard; it is a hot mess. Superficially, it's quite cinematic and engaging, paced well, with a good sense of the tension and stakes involved, with enough human drama mixed in for that critical emotional investment.
Philosophically, theologically, the universe of Diablo is extremely funny in a bleak and depressing kind of way. It really is just reskinned fantasy mishmash, but because they try to heavily involve religious names, terms and concepts, the implications are absolutely buckwild. The biggest thing of all in Diablo 4 is the primary antagonist, Lilith, named after a fairly prominent figure in Judeo- Christian proto-apocryphas, but barely resembling her namesake at all-- in this story, Lilith is the daughter of Mephisto, a so-called 'Prime Evil', and she (along with an angel consort) created the world, and is also apparently canonically the one who gave humans free will.
Is that breaking your brain yet? Let me repeat that: human beings are directly descended from the coupling of an angel and demon, both of whom created Earth, called Sanctuary. But wait! Humans are partly angelic, so that balances it out, right? It hardly seems to matter-- angels get corrupted all the time, and no demon is ever known to have turned good.
Overall, that trend will be very familiar to anyone even slightly media savvy; the whole Diablo universe is full of your bog standard distrust and suspicion of institutional religious authority (of course represented by the barely even disguised Catholic Church proxy), clearly deferential to individualistic conscience and forging your own path morally. In this iteration, there's a vague approval of shamanism as at least an alternative world view, and a prevalent sense of disapproval of alcohol even with a reluctant tolerance of its widespread use and unavoidability. In other words, a pretty good encapsulation of some of the spoken and unspoken assumptions of the cultural ethos in the late-stage Protestant milleau America is in today.
The upshot of it all is that the story and sidequests can be very involving and rewarding in closeup, but cosmologically is pure existential despair. God is this pseudo-Deist being of indeterminate power that started the war between Heaven and Hell, and just let it go mostly towards Hell with seemingly no intervention, or even involvement, excepting a lot of dialogue and internal scriptural euphemistic references to 'the Light'. It's the watchmaker God that winds it up and throws it directly in the fire.
I mean, yeah, you can just beat up monsters and not think about the story; that really is how the game is meant to be engaged with. But for those who like to think about things on a slightly deeper level? This is pretty funny. And a pretty good reminder that we are so blessed to actually have an ultimate Source and Savior.
submitted by Gunnrhildr
to Catholicism [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 21:49 safe5k Dreamt taking DMT
Originally posted on psychonaut
I’ve never smoked DMT, but it’s a possibility I’ve been considering for about a year now. I find it fascinating to ponder the nature of what “reality” truly is, and how our perception (and the limits thereof) shape what we believe to be real. I’m somewhat experienced with psychedelics, having taken LSD a handful of times (never more than a single tab, though), but nothing else.
Last night, I hit up an old plug of mine from my hometown (since nobody in my town seems to have any DMT), and he had it! So in my mind, this put actually taking the damn stuff into the realm of real possibility; I could probably pick some up next time I visited family! I ended up reading trip reports pretty late until I fell asleep around 3:30am, and reality and dream began to blend together:
I’ve driven back to my hometown, and I’ve ostensibly arrived at my plug’s apartment (which I’ve never seen or been to). I enter the apartment, and an aura of friendship and camaraderie is palpable. I haven’t/don’t communicate with this guy outside of picking up drugs, so I would have expected to feel like a fish out of water at a stranger’s home, but instead it was as if I was where I belonged. He then showed me various 510 cartridges with clear liquid, as well as a jar of freebase DMT. He showed me his personal cartridge, which was extremely low (basically an e-roach, lol), but it was still something. When I realized I had no money in my pocket, he generously offered me the remains of his cartridge. The feeling when he gave it to me was a feeling of completeness; the attainment of something seemingly unattainable. My plug gave off an energy of pure friendship and calmness, which helped my anxiety around taking flight. Not wanting to impose, though, I thanked him profusely , and I went home to hit my nearly-depleted cartridge.
I laid down in my home at my parents’ house, took just one large hit, and immediately I was soaring through a tunnel of electric, pulsing light. It was like being sucked through a wormhole of all quantum possibilities; a condensation of all reality is, was, and could be. I had an intense body load that made me feel as if I was riding on the fastest rollercoaster I would ever ride. I was quite scared at my loss of control of the situation, but an internal voice essentially told me that everything was okay, and that I could let go. When I did let go, I entered a sort of white space of nothingness. I calmed myself down by taking long, deep breaths, and eventually, the blinding white void faded back into my regular vision. I was still on the bed, heart pounding, but ultimately feeling transformed.
That’s the last I remember before waking up around noon. It felt so real yet unreal; there was absolutely the feeling of being outside oneself that I’ve come accustomed to in my LSD trips, only magnified. When I woke up, though, I was back in base reality, ego intact. I had an intense, gripping desire to go back to the DMT world, but was disappointed when I realized I didn’t actually have any. Usually, I’m glad to wake up and realize my dreams weren’t real, however, this was certainly an exception.
I talked to my plug this morning, and he’s offering freebase for $100/g, which seems to be a fair price. After this dream experience, I would love to take him up on that offer, but I feel that I may be in over my head. It’s been over a year since I’ve done LSD, so I’m considering taking 2 tabs at least once and then psilocybin for the first time at some point to better prepare myself for DMT. If DMT is a fraction of what I experienced in my dream, I think I’ve got a lot of preparation to do.
If anyone else has had a dream experience taking a psychedelic (and perhaps one you hadn’t taken in base reality already), I’d love to hear your experience! It’s fascinating what our minds can show us, and how fragile our reality is; there’s no telling what is actually out there, as we’re limited by our balance of neurotransmitters, other chemicals, and the limited/inadequate “technology” of our own senses.
Safe trips everyone!
submitted by safe5k
to DMT [link] [comments]