Monday blessings images
I Took a Picture: Give and get feedback on photography
2009.07.07 15:00 noroom I Took a Picture: Give and get feedback on photography
A subreddit about photography techniques and styles. Post your work here to ask for critique, or browse the submissions and learn how photography techniques are achieved.
2013.09.16 20:40 LJIGaming GTAVCustoms
This subreddit is for sharing and discussing everything about the photography of customized vehicles in GTA V.
2008.01.25 08:07 So many books, so little time
This is a moderated subreddit. It is our intent and purpose to foster and encourage in-depth discussion about all things related to books, authors, genres, or publishing in a safe, supportive environment. If you're looking for help with a personal book recommendation, consult our Weekly Recommendation Thread, Suggested Reading page, or ask in suggestmeabook.
2023.03.22 21:16 foggy_upperhill What to expect? Mother diagnosed with Stage 4A NSCLC
I am hoping to get advice and an understanding of what to expect. I am in the Bay Area and my mom is in San Diego - my nightmare started a few weeks ago when I rushed down to there to greet her at the hospital because her lung collapsed. Fast forward to today, my mom had her initial appointment with the Oncologist and confirmed that it's Stage 4A NSCLC. Daily smoker over a decade ago; currently in shape and otherwise has no symptoms and takes care of herself.
Our next steps include a PET scan on Monday to see if the cancer cells have metastasized - she had a brain scan that came back clear but the rest of her body is in question. In addition to the PET scan, we are waiting ~7-10 days to figure out if she has a mutation that would make her eligible for a targeted therapy? This was all over the phone which was challenging to understand but am I right to believe that taking a targeted therapy may have a better outlook for life expectancy?
I'm so stressed because my mom is alone down in SD. She is a warrior, incredibly independent and works as a caregiver for elderly patients who generally are in rough shape, so I know she has her head on her shoulders, knows the reality, but is also optimistic, but I'm trying to balance my emotions with hope and being realistic. I've always been someone who assumes the worst (I know, this is so bad!) and part of me has already played in my head that I will lose her before she has a chance to meet her first grand-baby in October. I have the ability to occasionally fly down, but for the most part she'll unfortunately be on her own for appointments...depending on all of the results we'll get back in the next week or so.
I don't even know what I'm asking for from any of you, but I just needed to output this to the world. If anyone has been in my shoes, I would love to hear from you. I count my blessings that my family otherwise has not had any major medical issues, which is resulting in this being really hard. I have lived a life of naivety when it comes to things like this and my rude awakening is here.
Sending all the positive vibes to each of you.
submitted by foggy_upperhill
to lungcancer [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 21:11 JordanMichaelsAuthor This is the truth! We are to remain neutral, and even joining a YMCA can get us kicked out of our organization. Watchtower could never join the UN because it goes against everything!!
Watchtower 1979 Jan 1 pp.30-31 Questions from Readers
Is it true that for religious reasons Jehovah's Witnesses may not become members of the YMCA (Young Mens Christian Association)? So, simple membership means what?
Yes, that is so. We have long recognized that the YMCA, though not being a church as such, is definitely aligned with the religious organizations of Christendom in efforts to promote interfaith.
In joining the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization. … Membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization founded with definite religious objectives, including the promotion of interfaith. Hence, for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called Christian association would amount to apostasy."
Apostasy! Quite serious.
So we can't use their services, never ever. What about working at such a place? Watchtower 1982 Jul 15 Box on p.26 Employment Factors to Consider.
"The Bible condemns things such as stealing, idolatry and the misuse of blood, so a Christian could hardly engage in work where he directly promoted such things. Would doing the work so closely link a person with a condemned practice that he would be a clear accomplice? Even a janitor or a receptionist at a blood bank or a plant making only weapons of war is directly linked with work contrary to Gods Word." Of course, this makes sense if we are to remain neutral. w82 1/15 p. 31) "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" p.140
"Jehovah's Witnesses maintain neutrality with regard to the political and military affairs of the nations. (John 17:16; rs pp. 269-76) ... Since true dedicated Christians are "no part of the world," if a member of the congregation unrepentantly pursues a course in violation of his Christian neutrality, he thereby disassociates himself from the neutral Christian congregation. (John 15:19; 17:14-16;
So of course we would never join an organization that is heading the new world order The Scarlet Beast,
right? Because to us it isn't what's holding the world together, it is a wicked entity, right? Watchtower 1963 Nov 15 p.697
"Such dwellers on earth wondered admiringly at the revived scarlet wild beast. Much reliance was placed in its ability to be a power for world peace and security. ... Those expressions of admiration for it turn false religionists, not to the worship of Jehovah God the Creator, but to idolatry of a man-made creation, the worship of a political image, the worship of an international organization for world peace and security. Rev. 17:3." Watchtower 1984 Sep 15 p.15
"No, the UN is not a blessing, even though the religious clergy of Christendom and the rabbis of Jewry pray heaven’s blessing upon that organization. It is really “the image of the wild beast,” the visible political, commercial organization of “the god of this system of things,” Satan the Devil. So the UN will soon be destroyed along with that beastly organization." Watchtower 1991 Jun 1 p.17
"If Christendom had sought peace with Jehovah's King, Jesus Christ, then she would have avoided the (The United Nations) ... However, she has not done so. Instead, in her quest for peace and security, she insinuates herself into the favor of the political leaders of the nations this despite the Bible's warning that friendship with the world is enmity with God. (James 4:4) Moreover, in 1919 she strongly advocated the League of Nations. And no wonder the Watchtower says this! Just look at what being an NGO for the United Nations involves for a religion that joins!
Certainly, Watchtower could agree to NONE OF THIS! There is just no way they would ever align themselves with the beast like this. Surely! Oct 8, 2001, The Guardian
- The NGO must share the ideals of the UN Charter;
- have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach target or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;
- And they must have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programs about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets, organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; and enlisting cooperation of the media.
- An NGO must "undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities, in accordance with its own aims and purposes and the nature and scope of its competence and activities"
- An NGO must provide proof with an annual report on its activities related to United Nations."
"The United Nations is being asked to investigate why it has granted associate status to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the fundamentalist US-based Christian sect, which regards it as the scarlet beast predicted in the Book of Revelation. Disaffected members of the 6m-strong group, which has 130,000 followers in the UK, have accused the Witnesses' elderly governing body of hypocrisy in secretly accepting links with an organisation that they continue to denounce in apocalyptic terms. The UN itself admitted yesterday that it was surprised that the sect, whose formal name is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, had been accepted on its list of non-governmental organisations for the last 10 years." Oh
In the 1997 booklet Mission to Africa, Watchtower discusses how they took advantage of United Nations airplanes to distribute aid to Jehovah's Witnesses in the region. Oh I see
A corispondance where watchtower lies about why it joined in the first place but never actually justifies it's actions. So that's called hypocrisy, right? "Rules for thee, but not for me"? I see, I see, thank you, sir.
So what happened? In 1991, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York lodged an application to become a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Associate Member of the United Nations Department of Public Information (UN DPI). Keep in mind that this was either just before or just after the article I quoted above where they said other religions were bad for doing this.
They were accepted in 1992, which is a matter of public record. This is the closest relationship an NGO can form with the United Nations. A renewal application was submitted annually for the next decade. Meaning we agree with the UN charter for at least that long, knowing full well what it meant. Knowledge of Watchtower's involvement with the United Nations became public, Watchtower withdrew its Membership. Had that not happened, we would likely still be a member....
Except that now the beast has moved on and isn't the UN anymore *facepalm
* we actually still have brothers who are a part of the UN through our branch in Great Britain. So we still have a membership but it's a little more well-hidden. It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A
submitted by JordanMichaelsAuthor
to JehovahsWitnesses [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 21:09 RoyalPeachTea Blessed image
2023.03.22 21:06 RoyalPeachTea Blessed image from last weekend’s TJPW Grand Princess ’23 event
2023.03.22 20:50 MilesJordan23 The Pixel 8 Pro will have a flat display and rounded corners like the Pixel 5. This is huge physical change.
After spotting so many fake leaks to get hits, I took my time and did research. Some leakers who also leaked the Pixel 6 and 6P in a 3D model and many months later phone came out and what the leaker showed in images is exactly how it came out. OnLeaks is one of them.
So ya, it is official that the P8P will have a 6.7" flat display and rounded corners like Pixel 5. Apparently Google felt the heat on how so much users want a Apple style phone, and now one exists. This along with the G3 ,,,, which will have performance similar to SD Gen 1. This 8 series is going to shine because of the all new design, and the Pixel 8 series now matching sorta the iPhone display. Flat and rounded corners. I think Google made a smart move and will sell more Pixel 8 phones then P6 and P7 put together. Now iPhone people moving to a Pixel, they will feel right at home, with the flat design and rounded corners. So Google will indeed get millions to change from Apple. This is going to be big, and in May well find out more. Bless
submitted by MilesJordan23
to pixel_phones [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 20:41 tonnie_taller Adobe launches AI program Firefly, including image generator
Adobe announced a new “family of creative generative [artificial intelligence] models” called Firefly this week. In a Monday release, the company said its first model would empower customers to generate high-quality images and text effects. Trained on Adobe Stock images, openly licensed content and public domain content where copyright has expired, that model is designed … Continue reading Adobe launches AI program Firefly, including image generator
submitted by tonnie_taller
to Tonnie_Taller [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 19:49 sluttttt My boss is a narcissist who's becoming more unhinged by the day
I've been with my small company for 7 years. I love what I do, and I like most of my coworkers. My boss/CEO of the company has always been weird and annoys everyone in different ways, but it's gotten a lot worse over the past couple of years. It's become toxic.
She's always been blatantly full of herself, but it wasn't until my direct manager mentioned to me that she's a narcissist that it clicked just how bad it is. She's very controlling and she throws a tantrum if she doesn't get her way on the smallest of things. She constantly calls us a "family," all while she'll send nasty emails if we do anything that upsets her. She also gets offended if we don't profusely thank her for any thing she does for us. She finally gave me a small raise last year (still underpaid), and I wrote her an email thanking her. Then she sent out an official email to our CFO with my new salary, I was cc'd. I didn't reply, and then 30 minutes later she forwards it to me with "Did you get this email??!" She absolutely wanted me to thank her again. She pulls this with everyone.
Anyhow, we recently moved to a new office building and she told us that she's going to hold a religious blessing ceremony this weekend, for her family priest to bless the building. She "invited" us, but then spent 10 minutes going on about how she needs the entire "family" to be there, because she's also inviting some of our clients, and that this is SO important to her. I told her that I couldn't go due to having to take my kid to a class. She asked what time the class was, and I told her, and she responds, "That time should work!", as if I was going to dump my kid off and haul ass to the ceremony... I just kind of nodded, because, WTF? Then another coworker asked if it was fine if she just came for an hour, and my boss goes, "Please don't tell me things like that you can't go or that you can only go for part of the time right now, it's just too much negative energy."
Then on Monday she came by to ask if I got her official invite, and I said I did but reiterated that I couldn't go. Then she starts again about how important the ceremony is to her, and how great it will be, and that she wants us to come so much. I nodded and apologized and said that I'm sure it would be great. Then she just kind of awkwardly left my office.
Today I've come to find out that my boss talked to my manager about whether or not she was going, and and my boss told my manager that I was going. My manager said no, and told her once again that I have to take my kid to a class. She's insisted that I'm going/can go three times now!
The kicker is that a really great employee who started with us a few months ago quit yesterday over this whole thing. She said she felt pressured to go (which, we were) and that it was unprofessional to act like it's a requirement to go to a religious ceremony (which, it is). This is the second employee in that position that we've lost due to my boss being unprofessional. Unsurprisingly, my boss does not think that she was in the wrong.
I'm just sick of this. I'm worried of how she's going to treat me next week after I don't show up to the ceremony, since she just can't fathom why we all wouldn't want to be there to celebrate the building/her. I've been actively looking for a new job for a few months now, without any luck (my field is kind of shrinking and most of the jobs are on the opposite coast of where I am). But my eyes are basically glued to the job sites at this point and I spend my workdays fantasizing about turning in my resignation letter. I really cannot tolerate this woman much longer.
submitted by sluttttt
to rant [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 19:00 little_regresser Something screamed at me.
Saturday night while I was sleeping, I'm laid on my left side facing the door when something, in my daughter's voice, screams in my face loud enough to wake me up scared and to wake my daughter up who was sleeping on my other side. After I calm her down and get her back to sleep I try to go back to sleep and then my arm gets pulled off the bed. I flip the light on and don't sleep anymore that night. Sunday night we, my daughter and I, decide to leave the light on while we sleep. As I'm laying there trying to go to sleep just about to drift off when a man's voice say cut the light off. I'm up then not going to sleep. About an hour later I go to fall asleep again and the same man's voice says "the light, cut it off". I again wake up with renewed energy. I leave the light on and stay awake till it became daylight. Monday as I'm getting a soda picked up from where we keep them the kitchen chandelier swings and hits my head. I step away as it falls and hangs by the wiring. This chandelier has never fell in the almost 9 years we have lived here. After it falls I hear a woman's voice laughing. It came with in one step of falling on top of me. I keep telling whatever is in the house if you're not of God it has to leave and that it doesn't have my permission to be here. That used to work for a few days at least now it's not working anymore. I bless the house weekly. Is there anything else I can do besides getting a priest out here which my mom would never go for.
submitted by little_regresser
to Paranormal [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 17:56 SatomiSora Funni French Words Dictionary: B2C31-34 (+ loop/mysticism/time skip explanations!)
(Chapter 27-30 dictionary here
This will be another 2 parter with 4 chapters total, since I didn't post the days previously. It’ll be quite long again, so apologies for that. (I got hit with a nasty headache for a while, so I decided to take some time off before writing this. I’ll try to post chapters 35-38 in the next day or two. Like last time, none of that stuff will be referenced here for spoilers’ sake.) Anyways, a lot of fast and arguably terrifying developments in these chapters! This is where all of Lumian's suspicions start flooding in.
For the first part, I won't comment on the action scenes and the Lent festival stuff, instead looking at the mystical side of things. I'll also compile some guesses I've seen from readers. More specifically, I'd actually like to take a look at the padre, Guillaume Bénet. It seems that a lot of readers are speculating on what his abilities are and what pathway he's from, so I'll try to list out some observations about him. (It’ll be quite long, so apologies for that!) I'm also going to hash out the mechanics of the time loop, so that any readers out there can better understand how the nature of the looping actually works. It might not be 100% accurate though, so feel free to add any corrections below.
The second part gives us a date for when the book takes place, and it elaborates on some content. I've also seen some interesting guesses from other readers. I'll be compiling those speculations there. Here we go!
PT. 1: C31-32
- I won't comment here since this is the initial setup of all the weird and rather unsettling events that ensue. Lumian does a lot of the observations himself here. (Also, it's not exactly that fun to try and dissect all of the mysteries when it leads up to the climax. Suspense is only fun when it stays suspenseful.)
- Good thing Reimund got dunked on during the Waterside Ritual and had to go home early, lol. Poor lad would’ve been subject to a horrible day…
CHAPTER 32: EXCERPT 1:
Lumian was surrounded by *complicated silver symbols that coiled around him like small rivers.** He ran through an illusory river that was formed from these symbols, with blurry tributaries ahead of him.*
Guillaume Bénet reached out his right hand and grabbed *a mercury-colored symbol** that encircled Lumian.*
- Around chapter 18, I said I wasn't sure if the padre was a Beyonder. In this chapter though, he most definitely is one. We still don’t know if he was a Beyonder prior to when Lumian overheard him scheming, or if he somehow became one in the time in between these chapters. He seems to have mid-sequence abilities at the least.
- Anyways, I’ve seen a lot of readers speculate that Guillaume may be a Beyonder from a foreign pathway. As much as I'm aware that readers want to see something new, we’re still not sure and there aren't enough clues to prove this speculation at the moment. For now, it can be left open to interpretation.
- Another speculation I’ve seen seems to be more likely of a theory: that Guillaume Bénet is a Beyonder of the Monster pathway. The colors and symbols in this excerpt seem to match up with that of the Wheel of Fortune pathway; that being the silvery coiling symbols.
- Some readers might remember that the Sequence 1 name is called Snake of Mercury. To add on, the mythical form of the Wheel of Fortune pathway is a silver snake with wheel-like patterns that connect to each other like a loop.
- This is quite reminiscent of the symbols mentioned in the excerpt. The mention of them being like “rivers” also reminds me of the “looping River of Fate” concept that was mentioned in Book 1.
Lumian stomped his right foot, preparing to hurl himself through the stained glass and out of the cathedral.
But he slipped and couldn't muster enough strength, and his body was sent flying.
With a loud bang, whoosh, and cracking sound, Lumian shattered the stained glass depicting Saint Sith, but he failed to break through it and instead crashed back into the cathedral.
- This part here seems to be attributed to the padre’s ability to manipulate luck and fate, which adds onto what I mentioned above. Based on this bit, it seems that Guillaume should be at least a Sequence 7 Beyonder. I’ll elaborate below.
- The Fate pathway’s Sequences 7-4 all have some type of ability that can bestow bad luck onto their enemies. In this case, Lumian tried to exit the cathedral by forcing himself out the window, but his luck was manipulated so that he slipped and messed up his send off. And since he couldn't exert enough strength into his body, he failed to break the glass window and escape. This would be bad luck for Lumian, but it’s good luck for Guillaume.
Pierre Berry charged at Lumian with the axe, his body seeming to grow taller and stronger with every step.
- A few readers seem to think that Pierre Berry may be a Beyonder of the Twilight Giant pathway, but it’s a bit difficult to tell. Regardless, I’ll elaborate below.
- Those who either have the blood of Giants or are of the Giant pathway are characterized as being quite tall; Beyonders who reach Sequence 6 Dawn Paladin will be at least 2 meters tall. In the novel’s context, Pierre might be extremely tall if he’s a Giant pathway Beyonder (or this might be a figure of speech from Lumian’s perspective.)
- The Giant pathway is also called the Warrior pathway, which means that a Beyonder of this pathway will gain great strength and proficiency over all weapons. The descriptions of Pierre holding an axe while growing stronger might be an allusion to this (or again, it could be a figure of speech from Lumian’s perspective.) He seems to have some pretty inhuman strength, though. For now, this can be left open to interpretation.
Padre Guillaume Bénet's eyes were nearly transparent, with Lumian's figure submerged in an illusory river formed by shimmering mercury symbols. In front of him, he saw something similar but more surreal, as if representing the future or a tributary.
After experimenting, Guillaume Bénet's right hand finally grasped the key pattern formed by multiple symbols.
With a single move, he could rewrite Lumian's future and render all his efforts futile.
- The first part is another description that matches up with the Fate pathway. It has descriptions of mercury symbols and illusory rivers, which again alludes to the symbols of the Fate pathway. The illusory rivers seem to allude to the looping River of Fate that was mentioned in Book 1.
- The second part talks about a key-like symbol formation. It seems to be some mystical symbol that can manipulate fate to a great extent, and it might be some type of prominent feature for the higher sequences of the Fate pathway. Of course, there’s too little information to tell right now. (This is just speculation on my part, but it reminds me of the Above the Sequence/Sefirot name for the Fate pathway: the Key of Light. We don’t know enough ATM though, so just treat this part as a fun little observation from me, lol)
- For the third part of the excerpt, it cements the fact that the padre can manipulate luck and fate to a great extent. Some readers in the Webnovel comments are speculating that the padre may be either: a Sequence 6 Calamity Priest; or a Sequence 4 Misfortune Mage.
- For the Sequence 6, they are prone to encountering calamities; but they can predict and thus use the calamity to their advantage against enemies, while mitigating the effects on themselves.
- For the Sequence 4, they can bestow misfortune on a certain area, and thus make their enemies unlucky by will. This excerpt could allude to either one of the sequences, but it’s difficult to tell which one specifically.
But suddenly, the padre's eyes froze, and he let out a scream. His eyes shut tightly as blood and turbid tears streamed down his face.
Amidst his scream, his body expanded like a balloon being filled with gas, and his white robe with golden threads cracked under the strain.
SEEING AND HEARING: ADEMISAUL
- This excerpt describes another trait that is specific to the Monster pathway. I’ll elaborate below.
SEEING AND HEARING: GUILLAUME BÉNET
- Some Book 1 readers might remember the boy named Ademisaul from way back in Volume 1. Many people called him a “monster” because he would scream and shout about horrifying things he has seen or heard. Some regular folks might have thought that Ademisaul was a madman or a “monster”, but he was like this because he was born with the blood of a Monster pathway Beyonder, and thus inherited some of the Beyonder characteristics that came from this pathway.
- Starting from Sequence 9 Monster, any Beyonder of the Fate pathway will often be able to see things they shouldn’t see, or hear things they shouldn't hear. So. they’ll be prone to madness and corruption if they’re not careful. In Ademisaul’s case, he became frightened after seeing the Sefirah Castle’s entrance from Klein’s body; he then also had a dream that spelled great disaster in the future. Of course, for someone who’s not even a Sequence 9 yet, seeing a Sefirot directly would bring great pain to him. His dream prediction of the events following Volume 1 was also quite true; that being the World War of 1350, as well as the Apocalypse that will come in 1368.
- In the padre’s case, it seems that whatever he saw in Lumian was of a similar level to what Ademisaul saw in Klein, and it seems to be caused by Lumian’s special trait. Readers are speculating on a few different answers as to what he saw, and I’ll list them out here:
- The first speculation is Sefirah Castle and the Fool Klein Moretti, since it’s speculated that Klein may be watching over Lumian through his Dreamscape.
- The second speculation is the City of Calamity sefirot, as some readers are speculating that Lumian’s Dreamscape might be connected to the City of Calamity in some way. This is also supported by Lumian’s Beyonder pathway being the Red Priest pathway, one of the precursor pathways that are a part of the Calamity of Destruction group.
- The third speculation is that it has something to do with an Outer God; many are speculating that it might have to do with the Circle of Inevitability (and maybe Calamity City by extension) somehow, but there’s too little information ATM to give a hard answer on this one. It can be left open to interpretation.
But just as Lumian turned to leave, Guillaume Bénet, who was supposed to be dead, opened his eyes.
They were bloodshot, and a sharp buzz split Lumian's head in half, the intense pain preventing him from screaming.
Everything shattered before his eyes, and he was engulfed in darkness as he lost consciousness.
CYCLE OF FATE
- This excerpt will look at the weird anomaly that Lumian has found himself in; it seems that time has rewound and looped back to right before the beginning of the novel. (If anyone here has read Mother of Learning, there might be a bit of a déja vu here, lol. If you haven't, I totally recommend it.)
- Anyways, this is where things start to get a bit more… dubious. The abilities that Guillaume displayed here can only be accomplished by a Sequence 1 Snake of Mercury. (Maybe the padre is actually the third Sequence 1, or maybe he was somehow affected by the third Sequence 1. Again, it’s quite dubious so we still don’t know what’s going on here, yet.)
- For now, I’ll be describing 2 abilities in particular and how they might be linked to Dariège’s bizarre sequence of events.
- The first ability is called the Cycle of Fate. With this ability, a Sequence 1 will be able to trap a selected group of people in an endless loop of events without them knowing, regardless of whether they die or not.
- One example of this was back in Book 1, when Derrick Berg and his exploration team encountered a mural of the True Creator and Tail Devourer Ouroboros - a Sequence 1 of the Fate Pathway. The mural had a looping River of Fate on it, which trapped the group in a constant cycle of exploring the True Creator’s temple in the Forsaken Land of the Gods. Derrick wasn’t even aware of the loop until Klein pulled him into Sefirah Castle; he was then able to recall previous loops and stay aware throughout the loops that came afterwards.
- In the context of Lumian’s predicament, it may be that the parts of Dariège have been looping without anyone knowing. Some parts are a bit inconsistent to actually match up with the Cycle of Fate, though.
- For example: when the Cycle happens, anything outside of the affected individuals should pass as normal. At the beginning of chapter 33 though, Lumian notes from Aurore’s words that time has reverted, and the weather of each day matches up with what he remembers previously. (Of course, the Cycle might actually be able to loop the weather of the affected area, but there’s too little information to know for sure.) For now, it’s a bit hard to tell if things have actually been looping, or if the villagers of Cordu don’t actually know that time has passed elsewhere.
Anyways, the key part to remember from these descriptions is that time reversal isn’t possible; only the state of the region can be reversed, but not anywhere else. This means that while the Dariège region remains stagnant, other places outside of the region will keep marching on and changing as normal. So, any new developments that come from the outside could change what happens inside the loop.
- The second ability is the Reboot. With this ability, a Sequence 1 can completely revert the state of an entire region. This means that whatever events that take place before a Reboot will be completely invalidated and restored to an older state. (You can think of it like re-loading an older save file in a game.) In the novel’s context, it seems that whatever the padre did caused the entire region of Dariège to Reboot back to before the start of the novel.
- There are also a few inconsistencies with this ability as well, however. Time doesn’t actually reverse when a Reboot happens; it only reverts whatever is affected. This means that Dariège can be Rebooted, but time everywhere should still flow as normal. In this case, it might be that time is actually flowing regularly elsewhere, but the people inside Dariège are unaware of this fact. Like with the previous theory, it’s still a bit difficult to tell what is actually happening.
With this in mind, it seems that readers are speculating that the foreigner trio (Ryan, Leah, and Valentine) might yield clues to how this whole looping/rebooting thing came about, since they originally came from outside the affected region. The letter that was cut from Lumian and Aurore’s livre bleu might also yield some clues once Lumian finds out who cut the letters. Others are also wondering if anything will happen to the telegram that Lumian sent out of Dariège.
(I hope this chapter 32 section helped to elaborate on the padre’s abilities and some other lore-related things that might be involved. If you’ve already read the later chapters, I hope this part aided in understanding how the time loop works in principle. As always, if there’s something I got wrong, or if you’d like to add onto the discussion, feel free to comment below.)
CHAPTER 31-32 SUMMARY: PART 1:
- Lumian continues the Lent celebrations with all the youths in the village. He also checks in with Aurore about their plan to leave.
- Lumian's friend Reimund is sent off early due to being the last one to finish the waterside ritual. The group then continues off to the Cathedral for the final part of the Lent festival.
- As the final praises are being sung, Lumian realizes that something's wrong with the village: no one has praised their orthodox deity, the Eternal Blazing Sun, in a long time.
- The padre comes to the cathedral unannounced and confirms Lumian's suspicions about his strange plan. The Spring Elf Ava is then beheaded.
- All the young men in the cathedral are either driven mad or completely mortified by what has happened. Lumian engages in a fight with Guillaume Bénet and Pierre Berry.
- Lumian struggles against the padre due to his fate manipulation abilities. The padre almost triumphs over Lumian, but is halted after looking at him for too long. The padre sees something he shouldn’t, and his body is rendered immobile by thorny black symbols. Everyone in the cathedral is affected by the oppressive seal except Lumian.
- Lumian kills the padre, but is caught off guard when the padre’s corpse moves again. He then wakes up to find that time has somehow reverted back to before the Lent festival.
PT. 2: C33-34
CHAPTER 33: EXCERPT 1
"Did you not take an afternoon nap? Are you still not fully awake? *It's March 29, 1358.** We still have a few days before Lent."*
1358 CALENDAR (TENTATIVE)
- We finally have our time period for the novel! It looks like Book 2 takes place about 5 ½ years after the events of Book 1, which ended in the fall of 1352. The Apocalypse should be about 10 years away from now.
- From this point, we can gather that Lumian was born in the year 1339-1340, and that Aurore found Lumian within the year she transmigrated into the New World, around 1353.
- For reference, I’d like to add an image as to what the calendar dates of 1358 look like - assuming that leap years land on every year that is divisible by 4. They match up with the calendar for 2030, so I’ll be putting a 2030 calendar below. (If you’re wondering how I figured out the exact calendar when we’re this early in the novel, I actually figured out that the years 2021-2024 correspond with the years 1349-1352 way back when I was reading Book 1. I’m still not sure about leap years though, so I’ll fix it if the leap years are wrong.)
EXTRA - TAROT CLUB UPDATED AGES:
The Fool - Klein Moretti/The World - Gehrman Sparrow:
- I’d also like to add a section here for all of the Tarot Club members’ updated ages, so that Book 1 readers can get a sense as to how much time has passed for all of them. For reference, it’s been just under 9 years since the Tarot Club's founding, and about 5 ½ years since Klein went into his slumber.
- (Do remember that all of them are demigods with long lifespans, so they probably look the same as they did in Book 1. Audrey and Derrick have probably grown and matured a bit since they were still quite young back then.)
Justice - Audrey Hall:
- DOB [Date of birth]: March 4th, 1327
- Starting age [June 28th, 1349/Start of Book 1]: 22
- Previous age [Fall 1352/End of Book 1]: 25
- Current age [March 29th, 1358/Start of Book 2]: 31
The Hanged Man - Alger Wilson:
- DOB: June 6th, 1332
- Starting age: 17
- Previous age: 20
- Current age: 25, turning 26
The Sun - Derrick Berg:
- DOB: March 20th, 1317
- Starting age: 32
- Previous age: 35
- Current age: 41
The Magician - Fors Wall:
- DOB: April 19th, 1335
- Starting age: 14
- Previous age: 17
- Current age: 22, turning 23
The Moon - Emlyn White:
- DOB: April 13th, 1323
- Starting age: 26
- Previous age: 29
- Current age: 34, turning 35
The Hermit - Cattleya:
- DOB: September 3rd, 1312
- Starting age: 36 (appears 28-29)
- Previous age: 39-40
- Current age: 45, turning 46
The Star - Leonard Mitchell:
- DOB: February 3rd, 1323
- Starting age: 26
- Previous age: 29
- Current age: 35
Judgement - Xio Derecha:
- DOB: February 14th, 1324
- Starting age: 25
- Previous age: 28
- Current age: 34
I hope all these time correlations help with cementing when things happened and how long it’s been since the end of Book 1. It seems like the Tarot Club members have been busy for a while.
- DOB: March 18th, 1328
- Starting age: 21
- Previous age: 24
- Current age: 30
(NOTE: Speaking of ages… To any fandom wiki editors reading this, *Lumian’s birth date on his bio page (September 26th, 1340) currently doesn’t match up with the date in the book.** It says that he’s 18-19 in his debut description, but he would actually still be 17 if you line up what the wiki says with the novel. If he’s still supposed to be 18 now, and then turns 19 later in the year, it’s likely that he’s actually born in 1339 (if his birth month is still verified to be in September). I’m not sure where the source for his birth date comes from, so I hope that any editors who read this can review and fix that.)*
She's really not dead… Lumian thought to himself as he looked at Ava's neck, **trying to find signs of stitches.
In one of Aurore's horror novels, there was a scene where a corpse was stitched up to act as a living person.
- It seems that some readers have pointed out that Aurore is following in Roselle’s footsteps… by plagiarizing stuff from the modern era, lol.
- This section is likely based on the Frankenstein novel that was written by Mary Shelley in 1818. It’s a classic piece of gothic horror, so it’d make sense that Aurore would use it as a basis for a book. She’s probably used a lot more than this one, too…
Suddenly, he discovered a point that he had neglected previously because he was shocked by "time reversal."
He still had his superpowers!
He was still a Hunter!
- More observations! It seems that readers are trying to figure out why Lumian remained a Beyonder after the restart. It seems that his physical condition (i.e. his injuries from the fight) has been completely wiped away, so how is it that he still has his Beyonder abilities?
- Some readers have speculated that it’s due to his Dreamscape. Since Lumian sourced the main components of his potion inside the dream, and he became a Beyonder while he was inside, it could be that whatever physical changes that happen to him there are not within the affected areas of the restart. At the moment, there's not enough information to tell. (This will be partially answered later, but again, I’m not putting it here for any readers who haven’t caught up, yet.)
CHAPTER 34: EXCERPT 1:
He realized that *the woman who had given him the Wand card and taught him mysticism knowledge was absent from Ol' Tavern*, preventing him from determining if he was dreaming or not.
- It seems that our mysterious friend isn’t affected by the time loop. Of course, if she’s a Tarot Club member like we think she is, she’ll have a few options to resist the effects of the Fate pathway.
- Like I mentioned before, the Fool can eliminate the effects of a Cycle of Fate and help an individual retain their memories over the course of multiple Cycles. It seems that the lady might've been blessed before coming to Cordu, so she can go about freely without being subject to the effects of a restart. She might also have her own ways of staying out of the loop while she's here, but we're not sure how, yet.
Upon seeing the white four-piece bed, Lumian's heart skipped a beat. He lifted the pillow and found the Minor Arcana tarot card representing the Seven of Wands!
Wait, hasn't time already turned back? *I haven't even met that lady or drawn the card. Why is it here** Lumian was alarmed. He wasn't too confident about his previous guesses.*
In the end, Lumian decided to *treat the woman and the item she gave him as an "exception"** for the time being.*
With that lady's mysteriousness and uniqueness, it was considered normal for her to be unaffected by time reversal!
- This part will add onto what I said above.
- Along with our mysterious friend, it seems that the special item she has given to Lumian isn't subject to the loop, either. This may also be because the card has been blessed by the Fool somehow, so the Fate pathway has no effect on it. The lady is also a demigod, so she might also have some ways to trick the card out.
- It not only allows Lumian to stay lucid in his Dreamscape, but it also allows him to retain his memories across restarts now, too. What a nifty item, huh?
CHAPTER 33-34 SUMMARY: PART 1:
- Lumian confirms the date with Aurore; it seems to him that time has really reverted to before the Lent festival.
- He then goes to check on the Lizier family, and finds that Ava is still alive and well. He then confirms with the family that Pierre Berry has already returned to the village for a few days before the restart, which is suspicious for a Shepherd.
- Lumian bumps into Guillaume Bénet and finds that the man has no recollection of what happened before the restart. Lumian also notices that he still has his Hunter Beyonder abilities.
- He then goes to the Ol' Tavern in search of Ryan, Leah, and Valentine.
That's it for these chapters! Again, I apologize for posting this late due to my break. I'm still working on the next dictionary at a (hopefully) more reasonable pace, and I'll probably continue to release these dictionaries in batches of 4 chapters for the time being to give myself more room to write things out.
- Lumian repeats his first meeting with the trio, before leading them to the Cathedral to find the padre. This time, Lumian is more careful with how he handles the situation; he tips off all of the padre's adultering deeds to the trio before quickly extricating himself from the matter.
- Lumian then talks to Aurore about the cosmos on the rooftop again, before going to bed. He notes that the Seven of Wands card that he obtained from the mysterious lady is still on his bed.
- Lumian enters his dream, onto the find that the region has also looped back in time. He's lost all of his loot, and his weapons have returned to their original places.
- After gathering his weapons, Lumian does a survey of the ruins, confirming that time has also looped in his dream, somehow. While on his survey, he encounters the naked monster again. Compared to last time though, he kills the monster with ease.
In the meantime, I hope this helped refresh and frame certain things in a newer perspective. If you've already read the later chapters, I hope that this post helped to clear up any confusion you have about the whole time looping stuff.
submitted by SatomiSora
to LordofTheMysteries [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 17:51 Saldar1234 Betta Injury? Worried about my new fish.
The above link has the images in order.
He just came home last friday. Everything is brand new. Silkcoat and water conditioner were added when setting it up. His cup was warmed gradually be the same temperature as the tank before he was introduced.
He has a heater keeping the water at 79º F. There is a filter with ceramic material inside. There is an almond leaf in there and real living mossball too. I had more decoration in the tank and some of it was fairly spiney - the orange plant in particular - which I removed after discoverying the injury. Betta fix was added as directed on the bottle after the injury.
There are no other creatures in the tank with him. I had his water tested Monday night after the injury and got the pet shop fish lady's help with suggestions for the tank and the test came back perfectly fine.
I don't know what to do. I don't see obvious signs of fin rot but he seems like he is really struggling and that injury just looks so bad and I have no idea how he got it... I am happy to answer questions and take more pictures if anyone can help.
- Tank size: 3 gallon
- Heater and filter? (yes/no): Yes, Yes.
- Tank temperature: 79º F
- Parameters in numbers and how you got them: I didn't write down my parameters. The pet store tested for me. She just said the water was perfectly fine. I can go again tonight or try to get my own test kit.
- How long have you had the tank? How long have you had your fish?: Since the 17th of March.
- How often are water changes? How much do you take out per change? What is your process?: I don't plan to do the first water change until at least the 3rd week based on my current knowledge and feedback. After that I plan to cycle about 1/4 of the water once a week.
- Any tankmates? If so, please list with how many of each: No tank mates, I had planned to introduce an otocinclus after 3-4 weeks.
- What do you feed and how much: Aqueon® Betta Color Enhancing Pellets Fish Food - 2 pellets in the morning, 1 pellet in the evening.
- Decorations and plants in the tank:
- If you haven't already posted a picture, please post pics/vids to imgur and paste the link here: Same Link as above
submitted by Saldar1234
to bettafish [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 16:52 Puzzleheaded_Pen3178 We are 2 months post DDay and I decided early on to give it some time before I decided to leave or not. Would appreciate any thoughts on my reasoning here.
We're in our mid-30s and have 2 young kids. My wife had a crush on our neighbor for like a year and was just fantasizing about him to herself and wishing I was more physically like him (because she says I'm perfect in every other way, and even physically I'm slightly overweight but very active and not bad looking). After a year or so, flirting started to develop and he confessed a crush on her as well. Lots of heavy messaging for a few weeks. Then they had 6 sexual encounters. I found out 2 months ago and they've been no contact, though I did bless a fuck-you letter she sent him and also allowed her to have a final conversation with him where she basically railed on him for an hour about how manipulative he was and how much he hurt heme (and she recorded that of her own volition and offered it to me).
Anyway, here's where I'm at... On paper, there is so much missing from her in terms of emotional intelligence, being a supportive figure to me, helping me be my best, etc. I've mostly been okay with that because I loved her and we entered into this marriage and made certain commitments to each other, and I'm a strong person with a strong friend/family base, and I don't need to get every bit of everything I need from my wife. I felt like the security of her love for me as a person was enough and I accepted her shortcomings: anyone will have some.
Her affair broke that contract and I feel like the most likely outcome is that I'm going to have to divorce her. I haven't done so yet for a few reasons... 1) My therapist and pastor both advised me to take at least a few months to get through the initial shock of this before I make any permanent decisions about our marriage, especially because we have kids... 2) I was just laid off and need to work on some networking and finding a new job, and I don't think unemployment is the best time to split up and drastically increase our expenses... 3) My parents are both in bad health and I know that if something happens to one/both of them, I'm going to feel like crying on my wife's shoulder and having her there to support me. Part of me hates the thought of getting divorced at this time and then being truly alone when I lose them.
Meanwhile, she says she is working hard to be better about accepting me for who I am. She says she doesn't WANT to judge my weight, it's just how she was brought up; she and all her siblings were anorexic, her parents were very toxic with respect to body image, and shedding that has been a lifelong effort which she has generally done well with. So she's working on being less judgy, she says she is shocked and ashamed at herself for cheating and after experiencing the painful aftermath of that and seeing how it hurt me, she knows in her heart it will neve rhappen again, and she says she loves me and she wishes she was more physically attracted to me, but even if she's not she wants us to stay together and she wants to be okay with the fact that it's okay to be married to someone who is incredible in all these different ways and to cope with "okay, he's not the hottest guy out there."
My problem with all of this is ultimately that she doesn't feel attraction to me or have romantic love for me. She wants to accept and be okay with those things, but doesn't really know if it's objectively okay, or if there's some way to make that determination. I also don't like the idea of being with someone who isn't in love with me. I'm working out a ton now, both for myself and women I might want to attract in the future if we get divorced. I guess it's for her also, but I'm wary of suddenly changing my body and she has this new attraction for me. Is that just biological and I should be happy with it? Or is it reasonable to resent that she wan't attracted to me when I wasn't more fit?
Ultimately my plan for now is just to keep hitting the gym, getting more fit, job searching, and continue to assess the relationship carefully. I don't have objective benchmarks but I would like to think at some point this year I'll be at a point where I have a good income coming in again, am feeling a lot better about my physique and ability to attract other women, and will be ready to move on from this relationship. (I do worry about our kids a bit, but I think they'll be okay as long as we co-parent effectively and don't get spiteful or talk smack.)
Am I sounding like an idiot for still being here and just making excuses? Or does it sound like there's a rational basis for how I'm handling this?
submitted by Puzzleheaded_Pen3178
to survivinginfidelity [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 16:43 YoProfWhite [Update] Trouble working with my cover artist. What should I do?
About a month ago, I posted on here about a weird situation I got myself into. I wanted to give everyone a penultimate update.
So, I originally paid this cover artist, let's call her Amanda, back in October. She went through some personal issues, such as getting Covid and losing power for a few days, so I allowed her more time to work on the cover. Seemed like the right thing to do.
Well, it was originally supposed to be produced by "DecembeJanuary" and as the weeks went by, I received no updates and it was only after sending a few emails myself did Amanda finally ask for my preferences. I made an image board of likes/dislikes, and even photoshopped a little mock cover that she might have been able to use for inspiration (just using stuff found on Google image search, nothing fancy).
Well, when it got to be March 10th, already intolerably late, I took everyone's advice from last time and asked her for an expected due date, as I have my own deadlines to meet.
Her response (on March 12) was "I know. I suck. I'm hitting a block with what I want to do with this cover. There's just a lot of, stuff, in the story lol. Is within two weeks too long??"
I responded by saying that it's alright, getting creativity blocks happens to everyone from time to time, and the final deadline could be on March 27th (this Monday).
With Monday on the horizon, I'm already prepared to be disappointed, either by her not delivering or doing a rush-job just to meet the deadline. If she fails to meet the deadline, I can still file a return request on Paypal, since its been within 180 days of the payment (barely, it expires April 11th).
I've technically paid her a deposit for half the price of two covers, but after this experience, I want to say "forget the second project" and hope that she's alright with the initial deposit covering the cost of this one cover. This may get really ugly but I'm prepared to handle it. Overall, this whole experience has really been just awful and I'd prefer not to work with her anymore.
Bottom line: I've learned a lot about what can go wrong in deals like this. This will inform any future coveediting work I commission and I'll be sending a carefully worded contract to the artists/editors before anything else happens.
I will let everyone know what happens on Monday. Fingers crossed.
submitted by YoProfWhite
to selfpublish [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 16:41 bruhynn Trans or dysmorphic?
This is my first post here, I’m sorry if my writing is all over the place. I’m ADHD and keeping my thoughts on track is damn near impossible.
I’ve recently been debating something regarding my identity, and I’d like some insight/advice. I’ve been really nervous to discuss this because it means taking time to self reflect and really face the music of a problem I’ve been lightly skirting around. For some context, I’m a 19-year-old AFAB person who has identified as non-binary for about 3 years. I can’t say “something’s always felt off about me” because I grew up in a very rural environment where everyone around me (except for maybe one or two people) was cisgender. However, when I turned 16 I moved out and began interacting with people of all walks of life and different gender expression and identity. This is when I finally took some time to reflect on myself and really think if this applied to me. Before then, any time I ever had any issues with my body or presentation I would immediately label it as dysmorphia and dismiss myself with the same thing my grandparents always told me: “you’re just being a teenage girl, those feelings will go away when you’re older.” They always had a saying like that to dismiss when I was having body or mental issues. When I moved, I started seeking therapy through my school, and overtime we made a “chart” of how my body image has changed. My thoughts went from “I’m too big/fat” (even tho fat is not a bad word/thing and plus size people are beautiful, it was just the only word I had to describe the feelings I had at the time) and “X part of me looks weird” to “my chest makes me uncomfortable, I wish my breasts were smaller so I could bind more easily” and “my hair is too long/makes me look effeminate” and “I wish I were taller”. I constantly joke about wanting to be/look like a twink, and my partner (who is also trans) eventually sat me down and said “I think you might be trans masc”. We looked over my general behavior including my reaching for more masculine clothing/silhouettes, the way I style my hair, the way I generally carry myself, the fact that I’ve only ever truly related to my male/nb friends, and a plethora of other habits and small details that would take me wayyy too long to write. I’ve talked to multiple medical professionals and I fall under the medical qualifiers for experiencing gender dysphoria (even tho we all know people can be trans without feeling dysphoria), but something feels off about my decision to start transitioning. I know that most everything hormone therapy can do can be reversed (I’ve made sure to have an “out” for everything thus far) and I start T on Monday, but I don’t know if my feelings are being trans or being insecure about my body. Most of my issues come from the fact that my body has certain traits (breasts, body fat in specific areas like my stomach, sides, and back, a rounded facial shape, and thighs that don’t look muscular despite being muscular) that are generally considered “feminine”. People also just generally treat me more like I want to be when I present more nb/masculine.
submitted by bruhynn
to lgbt [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 16:29 RROD93 Trading with Clarity: Overcoming Biases and Fallacies With 2 Simple Hacks
"The use of heuristics in trading is like trying to navigate a ship with a compass that is slightly off - it may work for a while, but eventually, it will lead you astray."
Paul Tudor Jones
Heuristics! These hacks have been blessing us since the very beginning and have allowed us to survive and prosper like no other being on earth has been able to.
But what are these after all? Nothing but mental shortcuts our brain uses to make decisions quickly.
These tolls have been serving us like no other, it is never enough to reinstate. After all, where would we be if, back in the days, in the savanna, where all of us come from, we saw a glimpse of what just appeared to be a lion behind the bush and we didn’t instantly start running for our lives.
Reacting fast and making questions after is fertile. That’s what survives. Back in the days if you carefully asked questions and analyzed the situation before running you would be alive to process the answers.
Has this changed today? Of course not. We still use hundreds of heuristics for the majority of our daily decisions. Our world is still, and most likely will always be flooding in complexity and information which nobody can process accurately and quickly.
Among the millions of examples of this one can pull out, one caught my attention in particular. The hygiene paper frenzy during the covid 19 beginning days … pure nonsense, pure herd behavior and fear of missing out. Fantastic example of running first and asking questions after.
Well. But I’m not here to talk to you about hygiene paper, instead you need to be aware that these heuristics that have served us so well are not that friendly when it comes to assisting with your trading decisions.
At the end of the day, what they do is to oversimplify complex information and more often than not, overlook important details for a good decision.
Here’s a list of some heuristics we use everyday and how they can affect your trading:
Oh !and by the way, we have a solution to shield our trading from the hazardousness of these bittersweet tools. It’s more simple than you might think, you can find it at the end of this list of heuristics.
Confirmation bias occurs when we seek out information that supports our preexisting beliefs and opinions while disregarding or downplaying evidence that contradicts them. In trading, this can lead to a trader holding onto a losing position because they are only seeking out information that supports the idea that the market will eventually turn in their favor. As a result, the trader may miss out on opportunities to cut their losses and potentially make more profitable trades.
Sunk Cost Fallacy:
The sunk cost fallacy is the idea that we should continue to invest in something because we have already invested so much in it, regardless of whether or not it's still a good investment. In trading, this can lead to a trader holding onto a losing position because they have already invested a significant amount of money in it, even though it may no longer be a sound investment decision. As a result, the trader may continue to lose money instead of cutting their losses and moving on to more profitable trades.
The availability heuristic is the idea that we tend to make decisions based on the most readily available information, rather than considering all the available information. In trading, this can lead to a trader making decisions based on recent market trends or news stories, rather than considering the long-term market outlook. As a result, the trader may make decisions that are not based on sound analysis or research, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
Attentional bias occurs when we pay more attention to certain information or stimuli, while disregarding or minimizing others. In trading, this can lead to a trader focusing too much on short-term market trends or news stories, rather than considering the long-term market outlook. As a result, the trader may make decisions based on incomplete information, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
The frequency illusion is the idea that when we become aware of something, we tend to notice it more often. In trading, this can lead to a trader seeing patterns or trends that may not actually exist, potentially leading to poor trading decisions.
Anchoring occurs when we rely too heavily on the first piece of information we receive when making a decision. In trading, this can lead to a trader relying too heavily on the price at which they initially bought a stock, rather than considering the current market conditions and potential future performance. As a result, the trader may make decisions based on outdated or irrelevant information, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
The contrast effect occurs when we perceive something differently based on a recent comparison. In trading, this can lead to a trader making decisions based on recent market performance, rather than considering the long-term market outlook. As a result, the trader may make decisions based on incomplete or misleading information, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
The clustering illusion is the idea that we tend to see patterns or trends in random data. In trading, this can lead to a trader seeing patterns or trends that may not actually exist, potentially leading to poor trading decisions.
Insensitivity to Sample Size:
Insensitivity to sample size occurs when we make decisions based on a small sample size, without considering the potential impact of a larger sample size. In trading, this can lead to a trader making decisions based on a small number of trades, without considering the potential impact of a larger number of trades. As a result, the trader may make decisions based on incomplete or misleading information, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
Neglect of Probability:
Neglect of probability occurs when we do not consider the likelihood of an event or outcome when making a decision. In trading, this can lead to a trader making decisions based on emotions or personal beliefs, rather than sound analysis and research. As a result, the trader may make decisions that are not based on the actual probability of success, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
The anecdotal fallacy is the idea that we rely too heavily on individual cases or stories, rather than considering a more comprehensive set of data. In trading, this can lead to a trader making decisions based on individual trades or market trends, rather than looking at the broader market conditions and long-term trends. As a result, the trader may make decisions based on incomplete or misleading information, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
The halo effect occurs when we make judgments or decisions based on one characteristic or trait, rather than considering a more comprehensive set of information. In trading, this can lead to a trader making decisions based on a company's reputation or brand image, rather than considering its financial performance and market outlook. As a result, the trader may make decisions that are not based on sound analysis, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
In-group bias occurs when we favor individuals or groups with whom we share similar characteristics or beliefs, rather than considering all available information. In trading, this can lead to a trader making decisions based on personal or group biases, rather than considering the overall market conditions and trends. As a result, the trader may make decisions that are not based on sound analysis or research, potentially leading to poor trading performance.
Hindsight bias occurs when we overestimate our ability to predict the outcome of past events. In trading, this can lead to a trader assuming that they could have predicted market trends and movements after the fact, leading to overconfidence and potentially poor trading decisions in the future.
Overall, it's important for traders to be aware of these heuristics and biases and to actively work to mitigate their potential impact on trading performance. This may involve taking a more comprehensive and analytical approach to decision-making, seeking out diverse perspectives and information sources, and constantly challenging one's own assumptions and biases. By doing so, traders can make more informed and effective trading decisions, potentially leading to greater long-term success.
What is the secret of the strategies in our store to overcome this problem? Simpler than you can think as stated above:
1. Trading in the higher timeframes
If we use these tools to make decisions quickly and they tend to be harmful when summoned, then why should we make decisions quickly? Luckily the markets offer the possibility of making decisions slowly and simultaneously making fantastic results … and simultaneously allowing you to spend more time doing other things you like, like spending time with your loved ones, or traveling. So why pass down on that opportunity and trade in the higher time frames instead?
2. Backtest thouroughly, through all asset classes, industries, countries, currencies and throughout, at least, the last 20 years ... before trading anything whatsoever.
If we use these tools to make decisions when we are too lazy to process large chunks of information … then why not stop being lazy, measuring what can be measured, getting the most objective possible intake, a large amount of numbers can provide and make decisions based on these numbers while maintaining the risk of being wrong and well managed? Answer: massive backtested systems, throughout a wide range of asset classes, industries, countries and throughout at least the last 20 years … which we offer as well. Drop by our store.
submitted by RROD93
to Tenacioustribe [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 16:28 bostonglobe Springfield mother says she hopes to be a foster parent for newborn child left on her doorstep
After spending the weekend celebrating their nephew’s birthday at a waterpark, Juliannys and Angel Aviles arrived back at their Springfield home to find something had been left on their doorstep.
It was dark, so it wasn’t clear what it was, and Juliannys teased her husband that he had forgotten something when they were loading the car.
But as they came closer, they realized it was a car seat, turned upside down. Then they heard a baby’s cries.
It was a newborn boy, who had been abandoned on their front stoop sometime between 9 p.m. Friday and 12:40 a.m. Saturday, police would tell the stunned couple, who arrived home Sunday night around 8 or 9. As authorities continued to search for the child’s mother, Juliannys Aviles said she and her husband plan to fill out an application to foster the child after discussing it Monday night.
”I’m taking it as a blessing right now, there’s nothing else I can think of,” Aviles said in a phone interview. “There are many houses around, and I feel like she chose mine for a reason.”
Aviles, 28, who works as a patient care technician at Baystate Medical Center, said she had no idea who dropped the infant off or why they chose her house on Entrybrook Drive. But she believes it happened for a reason.
“This baby was left there for us,” she said. “I don’t even know how old this baby is, but he’s meant to be in our family.”
The couple found the child still strapped into the car seat, which had likely toppled over in the wind. Aviles said she called 911 immediately and police and EMS arrived in less than 20 minutes.
Aviles said the baby, now being treated for hypothermia at the hospital where she works, cried each time she tried to unwrap the blanket swaddling him.
“His feet were swollen, they were red, his whole body was cracked from the cold,” she said. ”I feel like a couple more hours and we would not have found this baby, unfortunately, alive.”
Beside the car seat was a bag with diapers, pacifiers, bottles, formula, and a note begging for the person who found the child to take care of him, Aviles said. A police department spokesman confirmed a note was left in the bag but said authorities are “not revealing the contents of the note at this time.”
submitted by bostonglobe
to massachusetts [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 16:18 tfn105 Strange behaviour with Application launch via Citrix after VDA gold image update
Hello, got a strange issue and we are relatively new to Citrix. Here's our setup:
- Our Citrix platform is plugged into AWS and we use MCS to create our machine catalogs
- We use AWS Directory Service to run our domain controllers and the domain that Citrix relies on for user / group / machine configurations
- We use FS Logix to run our roaming profile solution
- In AWS, as we have Citrix running in three regions (Virginia, London, Singapore), I have three gold image servers - one per region
- We have multi session VDA servers in all three regions, with multiple servers per region
- We have three in-house applications we run in a portfolio that we make available to clients
- We are running VDA software v2303 on our gold image servers and the latest version of Citrix receiver on the client side
- I can build a new image from a gold image server in AWS (an AMI image) and can successfully update our machine catalogs in each region. VDA servers come online and are Registered correctly
- When I do, the first time a user logs into Citrix (either Workspace (or via some SSO magic from our own platform) and launches their application, I can see that the app is rendering as an invisible object on the screen. If I hover my mouse cursor over it, I can see my cursor change, so we are able to "interact" with the application even if we can't see it
- One way to resolve this is to go into the DaaS console, find the user and right-click -> log out. The next time they log in, things are fine
- Another way to resolve this is to just delete the FS Logix roaming profile
Where we have multiple VDA servers in a catalog (e.g. 10 in London), I think my users are reproducing the invisible screen issue the first time they are launched on each of the VDA servers. E.g. if they log into server 1 on Monday and have an issue, but then stay on server 1, they are fine. The second they log into server 2 they reproduce the issue, then we resolve, etc.
It's like there is something conflicting between the new version of my VDA servers - which are all AWS EC2 instances - and whatever we are storing in the roaming profile. Has anyone else had this issue when applying new gold images? I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to progress my investigation.
submitted by tfn105
to Citrix [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 15:07 MephobicBlonde [Let’s Build] a d100 list of ‘Echoes from the Past’
Hello! This is a continuation of my last post here (which is now hidden to follow the sub's rules), so I can separate old answers from new ones. I need some more help brainstorming ideas for my D&D realm known as the Isles of Etherwolfe
From my last post: "Due to a worldbuilding secret I shall not share due to my players definitely spying on my profile
, spectral ‘Echoes’ from past worlds have a chance of slipping through the cracks, appearing as cryptic ethereal images that often have no connection to the world. They are simply remnants of previous worlds, other civilizations, “alien” species [and D&D races] like strange other version of elves, etc. These Echoes could even be specific [worldbuilding] references from your world
or other D&D worlds, anything! Make them strange, make them mysterious, make them unexplained, and let’s create a cool list of ideas!" Update 1
: I've received a ton of interesting 'scenes' for these echoes, but from now on, let's try to make things more stagnant, like strange objects appearing in places they shouldn't, or ruins of old castles, etc. For instance, 11) A lone sailing ship, lilting to the side. The ropes and wheel still gently move despite the lack of any crew. u/HordeOfAngryBees
, or 32) a ruined and partially collapsed castle, structured using large brass pipes; once a center of learning and discovery for steam powered technology u/nexorati
. Don't forget that these echoes can be specific references to other worlds
(I've gotten some cool Eberron and Faerun stuff, but let's keep expanding!). Try to keep them relatively grounded in medieval High Fantasy. I appreciate the modern references, but I think we've collected enough of them in the table! Update 2
: Try to keep your responses a bit short, at around 3-ish lines. As I input your responses into my document, I've been trimming some of them down or beefing them up to match the rest, but their primary idea has obviously stayed the same :) Update 3
: Thank you all so much for your help, this is turning out great! If I continue to get responses, I may even go over 100 simply because the possibilities are endless and random. Anything can slip through the cracks from these past worlds... Let's get crazy, lets get mysterious, lets get unexplained, lets get... echoey. I don't know. Echoes from the Past:
Note: Most, if not all of these Echoes should appear Spectral, as if being seen on the Ethereal Plane.
- A cathedral dedicated to an unknown deity (flower symbol) inhabited by strange elves.
- A small river flowing north, which suddenly turns upward and floats into the air and disappears
- A war-torn battlefield strewn with rusted armor and weapons, still-flaming arrows scatter the ground
- Ruins of a cyclopean city emerging from a shifting river-bank. Bodies of petrified giants trapped in poses from everyday life. u/MaxSizeIs
- A mana-dense vault filled with thousands of crystalline discs six inches across that shine with a reflective rainbow in the light. u/MaxSizeIs
- The ruins of a greek-style bank run by a collection of metallic-skinned halflings.
- Various flapping banners staked into the ground representing the different elements.
- A row of hundreds of humanoid statues. In fact, they are the same statue expressed over hundreds of years. The ones in the front are broken and weathered, the ones in the middle gleam with paint and polish, and the final ones are uncarved plinths of stone. u/onepostandbye
- A stone building can be seen in different eras depending what side you view it from. Entering from the basement entrance allows PCs to interact with a disoriented shopkeeper. u/onepostandbye
- The upper slope of this area displays many tilting grave markers. Where the land has eroded, spectral skeletons float as if in repose, their spectral headstones floating six feet above. u/onepostandbye
- A lone sailing ship, lilting to the side. The ropes and wheel still gently move despite the lack of any crew. u/HordeOfAngryBees
- A massive, thick wall of trees standing in a circle. Inside of the circle is a clearing where snow gently falls around an old cabin. u/HordeOfAngryBees
- A colossal warforged titan stands atop a hill, its sadness palpable. It slams its fists down on a column of soldiers, the ground trembling from the force. More soldiers advance, siege weapons primed to fire. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A flying ship with a ring of fire descends over an elegant Victorian city, full of twinkling lights. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A lightning rail stops at a station in a small wilderness town, its energy connecting to the conductor stones in the ground. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- On another hill, shrouded in fog, a dilapidated one-story cabin emits a beam of blue light, summoning zombies and skeletons clothed in ruined soldier equipment begin to emerge from the fog. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- An echo of a community endlessly replays one hour of mundane village life. The village met some terrible end, and when PCs move close to persons, objects, or buildings, the echo temporarily dissolves to show the current state of the place, which is ugly and sad. u/onepostandbye
- The father guided his son, teaching him how to properly aim and bend the bowstring. In the lush forest, a deer suddenly appeared in the clearing. Whispering instructions, the father watched as the boy released the arrow. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The mother watched unamused as her children fought over a toy in the front yard of the tree house. She abruptly stopped the fight by taking away the toy and instructed them on how to treat each other better. The scolding brought tears of sorrow to the children, but the mother was quick to comfort them with a hug and kisses, reassuring them of her love. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A grandpa and their granddaughter ventured deep into the magical forest together to collect wild berries. As they wandered, grandpa spotted something dangerous lurking in the shadows. He quickly drew his granddaughter closer and shielded them with his magical staff, ready to protect her from the unseen danger. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- An exhausted salaryman walking from the glass box of their office to their old Geo Metro, while above them looms a planet, of awesome size, lit by no sun. A dark titan, all thick black forests and jagged mountains and deep turbulent oceans. u/MaxSizeIs
- Impossibly tall metal towers made of impossibly slender sticks, while lonely red light pulses slowly at it's top. Disturbing black birds hunch menacingly, roosting upon it in great numbers. Hallucinatory, ethereal music in no recognizable style seems to buzz within one's teeth as they draw near to the apparition. u/MaxSizeIs
- A strangely dressed man sitting behind a desk while a confusing array of boxers and esoteric instruments sit before him. He talks in an unknown language, fiddles with one of the instruments, placing a black disc upon a sort of spinning table, and suddenly from no discernable location, alien music can be heard. u/MaxSizeIs
- A hard sort of road but made of a sort of greyish black stone that seems poured like a river, it is very wide, and seems to go in both directions forever. Several lines of strange metal boxes, somewhat like carriages, go in both directions, countless in number, rolling slowly, occasionally stopping then starting again in waves, making no noise, and with no-one inside. u/MaxSizeIs
- A vast canyon, with seemingly infinitely tall towers made of glass on both sides. Every floor of the tower seems to be comfortably furnished in (admittedly alien design), but also appears to have at least one terrified person silently banging on the glass, apparently begging to be let out. Occasionally it rains bodies, they fall from great height from above, then through the ground as if it isn't there, and keep going. u/MaxSizeIs
- A person in a strange sort of greyish-white diving suit with a large, bulky looking backpack contraption on their back, wielding a striped flag, and bouncing around as if they were almost floating. u/MaxSizeIs
- A giant airship zeppelin, coming in to dock at a tall tower. A large crew of people on the ground pull on lines connected to the ship, pulling it in to dock. u/MaxSizeIs
- A large beast-man with horns and cloven feet, wearing a long coat and a strange set of mirrored lenses upon their face, scowls, crosses their arms and pantomimes, seeming to deny you entry. u/MaxSizeIs
- A labyrinthine maze with walls higher than a person, extends to the horizon. u/MaxSizeIs
- A friendly red dog, the size of a large house, with fangs the size of a grown person, and a mouth that could swallow you in one go. It wants to play. u/MaxSizeIs
- A school of ornamental goldfish, each the size of a blue-whale, just swimming as if the air were water. u/MaxSizeIs
- a ruined and partially collapsed castle, structured using large brass pipes; once a center of learning and discovery for steam powered technology u/nexorati
- A caveman sizes up a lightning-struck, burning log, pokes it, and runs away howling in pain. u/RealRamessesII
- A little girl points toward the entrance of a dark forest, as the unsuspecting farmers walk hesitantly within. Smiling deviously, the girl stays a distance back. Suddenly, large red, illuminated eyes appear from the forest darkness, causing the farmers to scream in terror. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A priest, a nobleman, and a guard pass by an old beggar on the street without offering help, but a mixed adventuring party of a tiefling, halfling, dragonborn, and humans stop to give the beggar assistance. In gratitude, the beggar hugs one of them. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- An exhausted alchemist conducts a complicated experiment with various colored liquids, beakers, and pipes. Upon the completion of the experiment, the gnome jumps with joy, holding the main vial as if it were a new precious child, as the color of the vial has shifted to a solid red, welcoming the new discovery. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A young king, resplendent in his finest garments, strode confidently with his entourage of attendants into the city gates. The inhabitants of the city, who lined the streets, remained expressionless and unmoved, their supposed welcome a mere pretense. As they marched on, the imposing silhouette of the castle loomed into view, its grey stone walls shrouded in the morning mist. The king's heart raced with anticipation as he imagined the throne room within, and the destiny that awaited him. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A river of liquid copper, gold, or quicksilver. u/MaxSizeIs
- A giant eye, peering into reality from a crack in the sky. u/MaxSizeIs
- A carousel, moving, but with no passengers or people around. u/MaxSizeIs
- An abandoned ice-cream truck, moldering away in a primeval forest, music still playing. u/MaxSizeIs
- A wall of screens taller than a person and a mile long, each playing a different episode of the same sitcom, out of order and with no context. Occasionally the screens talk to each other, as if they know the other episodes are there, or that someone may be watching them, then the episode ends and the next one starts. The same exact episode is never played more than once. u/MaxSizeIs
- Hidden among all these Echoes is an actual Ghost. u/CptnR4p3
- The ground shakes as a long forgotten behemoth creature walks by only to fade from existance. u/FirstChAoS
- You enter a lush valley, you see the smiling face of a massive elemental being on a nearby hillside. The face vanishes and the vegetation turns sickly in its absense. u/FirstChAoS
- A blue humanoid with yellow eyes and no mouth tinkers with a device on a table. He turns towards you, looks surprised, then motions for you to leave as he fades from existance. u/FirstChAoS
- The temperature turns cold and the world becomes encased in ice. Fur covered dwarves huddle in the glacial caves while a castle of ice rises in the distance. u/FirstChAoS
- Warriors riding giant insects rush by you to attack a skeletal titan. The titan is controlled by a demon impaled on its ribs. u/FirstChAoS
- A young child trips over a stone and cuts her leg. She transforms into a terrifying monster and destroys the stone. u/starsailor11
- The ruins of an old town peaking out of a large lake. By looking deeper the players find what was once a town that had been here, but became submerged by water as a result of storms. There are no skeletons, but the buildings have become familiar with the seaweed and underwater life of the lake. u/hopeful_badger06
- A smiling man with dark skin and long, black hair stands at the helm of a deep green pirate ship. He opens his eyes. All 7 of them. u/Magical_Breadicorn
- A small village of thatched roofs burns in the twilight. A hag stands cackling in the distance. u/Magical_Breadicorn
- An ominous horseman in a crimson cape and hood, standing silently on the top of a hill. His eyes are blank and he doesn't have lips, showing all of his front teeth. He seems to look fait away in the horizon. u/Sans-Mot
- For centuries, a fierce battle has been raging in the skies above a city. On one side is a powerful angelic figure, a divine embodiment of justice, righteousness and goodness. On the other side is its demonic counterpart, a force of malevolence and wickedness. The fate of the city hangs in the balance, as its citizens await the outcome of this epic struggle between good and evil. If the angelic figure prevails, the city will be blessed with peace, joy and contentment, while a victory for the demonic figure will plunge the city into darkness, despair and chaos. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- Two young lovers in a tight embrace, lounging together as they watched the beautiful sunrise that stretched out over the towering view in front of them. Despite the uncertainty of their future and the restrictions their parents and society had imposed on them, they committed to do everything in their power to make their relationship work. They shared a moment of peace, admiring the beauty of the sunrise and dreaming of the possibilities that lay ahead of them. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The warrior kneels beside his friend, who is gravely injured from the battle that is still raging around them. He takes his hand, feeling the warmth and life slowly fading away. Knowing this will be their final moment together, he promises to take care of his family, vowing to make sure they are provided for in the future. The dying warrior looks up at him with a grateful and familiar smile, and with one last breath, his soul departs. The kneeling warrior grasps his friend's hand tightly, holding back tears as he silently bids farewell. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The authoritative knight galloped through the street on his trusted steed, seemingly without a care for the citizens around him. A small young boy stood in his path, seemingly about to be run over when a heroic young girl jumped in front of him and managed to stop the knight in his tracks. The knight, completely oblivious of the danger he had almost caused, continued on his path, leaving the young boy with a sense of shock and awe. The young boy quickly recovered, and with a humble sense of gratitude, thanked the girl for saving him. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A scrawny stray cat cautiously trots up to a homeless woman, who was leaning against a wall, fast asleep. The woman stirred and opened her eyes, only to find the tiny cat rubbing against her leg. Her face lit up with a warm smile and she reached into her bag to pull out a bowl of water and a few scraps of food. The cat eagerly lapped up the cool water and devoured the food, purring appreciatively as it nestled in the woman's outstretched arms. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A large library is the backdrop for an unlikely duo - a half-orc barbarian and an elf wizard. The wizard is patiently instructing the half-orc in the basics of reading and writing, starting with the alphabet. Despite his gruff demeanor, the half-orc is evidently making progress and has already managed to learn a few letters. With a bit more time and effort, it's possible the half-orc could master the entire alphabet. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A regal demon prince lounged around a luxurious dinner table in a dimly lit hall, attended by a troupe of beguiling succubi, serving his every need. Standing awkwardly and aloof in front of the table, a tiefling warlock appeared. The demon prince smiled with a mischievous glint in his eye, and the two began a conversation concerning their previous contract. The demon prince insisted that he would aid the tiefling in finding her long-lost daughter, but in exchange, she must accept the corruption of pleasure and servitude. With great hesitation and a heavy heart, the tiefling reluctantly agreed. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The giant teenager was throwing a temper tantrum, demanding to her father that she be allowed to go out and smash any humanoids she could find in the vicinity. Her hulking father seemed to share her enthusiasm, but urged her to be mindful of not angering too many people at once. He wanted her to be strategic in her actions, so as not to draw too much attention or cause too much chaos. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The evil lich cackled maniacally in their shadowy crypt, admiring the intricate schematics of their sinister plot to conquer the world and bend its subjugated inhabitants to their will. Suddenly, one of the lich's skeletal servants happened to stumble into the table, causing several of the papers to scatter around the room. This provoked a violent outburst from the lich, who cast a necrotic spell to immediately annihilate the unfortunate minion. After regaining his composure, the lich retreated to his private chambers, where he encountered his undead kitten. Softening his expression, the lich began to pet the feline vigorously, seeking comfort in the small creature's presence. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The magical professor asked the class a question about the importance of proper speaking and gesturing to successfully cast a spell. One student raised their hand, and when allowed to answer, they replied, "You really need to address that wart, professor." This resulted in the class bursting into laughter, and the professor struggled to maintain composure as he demanded the student answer his question instead of distracting the class. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- An ancient city, long forgotten and submerged beneath the depths of the ocean, emerged from the depths. The walls of the buildings were still covered in a variety of sea life. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The adventurers face a daunting task, standing before a portal to the demonic plane, surrounded by countless fallen demons. With a tremendous effort, one of the brave adventurers casts a powerful spell to banish the portal. In a climatic moment, the portal shatters, and the entire group watches in awe as the spell caster collapses to the ground in exhaustion. The rest of the party rallies around them in solidarity and support. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- Several brilliant stars illuminated the landscape, gradually moving closer to one another. Suddenly, they collided and created a mesmerizing display of colors, with hues of blue, green, yellow, and red fanning out in all directions. A devastating force surged through the countryside, serenading the land with a beautiful yet destructive sight. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A heavy rainstorm swept in over the hilly pasture land, the moist wind whipping through the tall grass and bending it to its will. Streaks of lightning illuminated the dark, rain-filled sky, casting a dramatic backdrop to the scene. A small cluster of cows had huddled together under the shelter of a few trees, seeking safety and respite from the raging storm. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The warforged creature stands in the middle of a vast junkyard, its single arm and damaged leg starkly contrasting with the piles of gleaming metal and wooden pieces that surround it. Its glowing eyes search the mounds, hastily selecting a few choice pieces to inspect and fit onto its body. With its single arm, it delicately lifts a metal appendage and attaches it to the place where its missing limb should be. It then picks up a wooden leg and affixes it to its damaged one, replacing it with a functioning limb. After a few moments, the warforged tests out its new arm and leg, its body adapting to its newfound mobility. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- A poor mother, surrounded by her children, sits together on the floor of a drab and sparsely furnished hut. As her children huddle around her, she gently guides them in a simple prayer for provision, asking for divine aid in these difficult times. As if in answer to their pleas, a knock suddenly sounds on the door. Upon opening it, the family finds a box filled with food, clothes, and other essential items donated by an anonymous figure with a knowing smile. Unbeknownst to the family, the mysterious individual is an agent of their deity, answering the prayer with a tangible act of kindness. u/NecessaryCornflake7
- The old half-elf, dressed in luxurious noble robes and carrying an ornate ice staff, finished an important meeting with several rulers. After the meeting concluded, he stepped through a magical portal into a more private area. As soon as he emerged from the portal, the half-elf transformed into a majestic white dragon. With a powerful beat of its wings, it soared into the sky, flying off on a determined mission. u/NecessaryCornflake7
submitted by MephobicBlonde
to d100 [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 14:04 1776AmericanCitizen Save America Impeach Every Democrat! #StopTheIndoctrination #StopLiberalismInAmerica #StopSocialismInAmerica #StopCommunismInAmerica #CongressionalTermLimits #VoteEveryDemocratOut #VOTERED R = REMOVE E = EVERY D = DEMOCRAT
2023.03.22 13:41 3wiSeguyz Pt. 5 of Preparation for the Latter Rain.
The final scenes of earth history! The last days are NOT sometime in the future that we are waiting to experience, the "last days" are now. Don't wait for the Sunday law to dedicate your life back to God. It is wonderful that God gives us such intricate teachings and counsels to guide us through each day so that we won't be afraid of the signs and wonders that we have seen, that we see, and that we will see.
Prophecy is given by God to prepare us, not to scare us.
I pray these words will be encouraging to you in your walk with God today.
You can find the first four parts on my profile.
Thank you for your time and patience in reading these posts.
THE LATTER RAIN
GC 445 “When the leading churches of the United States, uniting upon such points of doctrine as are held by them in common, shall influence the state to enforce their decrees and to sustain their institutions, then Protestant America will have formed an image of the Roman hierarchy, and the infliction of civil penalties upon dissenters will inevitably result.”
GC 449 “But Christians of past generations observed the Sunday, supposing that in doing so they were keeping the Bible Sabbath; and there are now true Christians in every church, not expecting the Roman Catholic communion, who honestly believe that Sunday is the Sabbath of divine appointment. God accepts their sincerity of purpose and their integrity before Him. But when Sunday observance shall be enforced by law, and the world shall be enlightened concerning the obligation of the true Sabbath, then whoever shall transgress the command of God, to obey a precept which has no higher authority than that of Rome, will thereby honor popery above God. He is paying homage to Rome, and to the power which enforces the institution ordained by Rome. He is worshipping the beast and his image. As men then reject the institution which God had declared to be the sign of His authority, and honor in its stead that which Rome has chosen as the token of her supremacy, they will thereby accept the sign of allegiance to Rome—‘ the mark of the beast.’ And it is not until the issue is thus plainly set before the people, and they are brought to choose between the commandments of God and the commandments of men, that those who continue in transgression will receive ‘the mark of the beast.’ “
5T 451 “When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and Republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near.”
GC 449 “…the enforcement of Sunday-keeping in the United States would be an enforcement of the worship of the beast and his image.”
This will mark the fall of Babylon.
This is the real issue.
God’s only answer to the worship of the Beast and his image is the image of God restored in the soul and reflected in the life.
The time of the test is fast approaching. We must prepare now.
7T 141 “The substitution of the laws of men for the law of God, the exaltation, by merely human authority, of Sunday in place of the Bible Sabbath, is the last act in the drama.”
RH May 2, 1893 “The people of the United States have been a favored people; but when they restrict religious liberty, surrender Protestantism, and give countenance to popery, the measure of their guilt will be full, and national apostasy will be registered in the books of Heaven. The result of this apostasy will be national ruin.:
6T 18 “As America, the land of religious liberty, shall unite with the papacy in forcing the conscience and compelling men to honor the false sabbath, the people on every country of the globe will be led to follow her example.”
6T 395 “Foreign nations will follow the example of the United States. Though she leads out, yet the same crisis will come upon our people in all parts of the world.”
GC 591 “Communications from the spirits will declare that God has sent them to convince the rejecters of Sunday of their error, affirming that the laws of the land should be obeyed as the law of God. They will lament the great wickedness in the world and second testimony of religious teachers, that the degraded state of morals is caused by the desecration of Sunday. Great will by the indignation excited abasing all who refuse to accept their testimony.
GC 607 “The church appeals to the strong arm of civil power, and in this work, papists and Protestants unite. As the movement for the Sunday enforcement becomes more bold and decided, the law will be invoked against commandment keepers. They will be threatened with fines and imprisonment, and some will be offered positions of influence, and other rewards and advantages, as inducements to renounce their faith.”
The Great Test
2SM 268 “When the law of God is made void, the church will be sifted by fiery trials, and a larger portion than we now anticipate, will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.”
5T 717 “My brethren, do you realize that your own salvation, as well as the destiny of other souls, depends upon the preparation you now make for the trials before us.
(Review DA 107 last paragraph: DA 173 first paragraph; and Romans 8:14).
7BC 976 “The Lord has shown me clearly that the image of the beast will be formed before probation closes; for it is to be the great test for the people of God, by which their eternal destiny will be decided.”
GC 608 “As the storm approaches, a large class who have professed faith in the third angel’s message, but have not been sanctified through obedience to the truth, abandon their position and join the ranks of the opposition.”
This may be the time that Satan will personate Christ. Read GC 622-625.
2SM 51 “We are warned that in the last days he (Satan) will work with signs and lying wonder, And he will continue those wonders until the close of probation, that he may point to them as evidence that he is an angel of light and not of darkness.”
5T 81 “In this time, the gold will be separated from the dross in the church. True godliness will be clearly distinguished from the appearance and tinsel of it. Many a star that we have admired for its brilliancy will the go out in darkness.”
DA 630 “Those who apostatize in the time of trial will, to secure their own safety, bear false witness, and betray their brethren. Christ has warned us of this, that we may not be surprised art the unnatural, coral course of those who reject the light.”
The Latter Rain and the Loud Cry
GC 464 “Before the final visitation of God’s judgments upon the earth there will be among the people of the Lord such a revival of primitive godliness as has not been witnessed since apostolic times. The Spirit and power of God will be poured out upon His children.”
EW 85, 86 “At the commencement of the times of trouble, we were filled with the Holy Ghost as we went forth and proclaimed the Sabbath more fully ….
“ ‘The commencement of the time of trouble’ here mentioned, does not refer to the time when the plagues shall begin to be poured out, but to a short period just before they are poured out, while Christ is in the sanctuary. At that time while the work of salvation is closing, trouble will be coming on the earth, and the nations will be angry, yet held in check so as not to prevent the work of the third angel. At that time the ‘latter rain,’ or refreshing form the presence of the Lord will come, to give power to the loud voice pop the third angel, and prepare the saints to stand in the period when the seven last plagues shall be poured out.”
6T 401 “…when the storm of persecution really breaks upon us, the true sheep will hear the true Shepherd’s voice. Self-denying efforts will be put forth to save the lost, and many who have strayed from the fold will come back to follow the great Shepherd….
The love of Christ, the love of our brethren, will testify to the world that we have been with Jesus and learned of Him. Then will the message of the third angel swell to a loud cry, and the whole earth will be lightened with the glory of the Lord.”
EW 227-279 “I saw a great light resting upon them, and they united to fearlessly proclaim the third angel’s message….
“The glory rested upon the patient, waiting saints, and they fearlessly gave the last solemn warning, proclaiming the fall of Babylon and calling upon God’s people to come out of her that they might escape her fearful doom….
“Servants of God, endowed with power from on high, with their faces lighted up, and shining with holy consecration, went forth to proclaim the message from heaven. Souls that were scattered all through the religious bodies answered to the call, and the precious were hurried out of the doomed churches, as Lot was hurried outSodom before her destruction.”
Read Great Controversy page 612.
GC 606 “Thus the message of the third angel will be proclaimed. As the time comes for it to be given with the greatest power, the Lord will work through humble instruments, leading the minds of those who consecrate themselves to His service. The laborers will be qualified rather by the unction of His Spirit than by the training of literary institutions. Men of faith and prayer will be constrained to go forth with holy zeal, declaring the words which God gives them. The sins of Babylon will be laid open. The fearful results of enforcing the observances of the church by civil authority, the inroads of spiritualism, the stealthy but rapid progress of the papal power, —all will be unmasked. Thousands upon thousands will listen who have never heard words like these.”
8T 20 “So mightily can God work when men give themselves up to the control of His Spirit.”
This is the time when the work of the church will be finished in a blaze of glory that shall enlighten the whole world!
5T 754 “…the swiftness of lightning represents the speed with which this work will finally go forward to completion.”
9T 96 “There will be a series of events revealing that God is master of the situation.”
Romans 9:28 “For he will finish the work in righteousness: because s short work will the Lord make upon the earth.”
6T 19 “The message of Christ’s righteousness is to sound from one end of the earth to the other to prepare the way of the Lord. This is the glory of God, which closes the work of the third angel.”
MB 43 (70) “The words of Christ through the gospel prophet, which are reechoed in the Sermon on the Mount, are for us in this last generation: “Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.’ (Isaiah 60:1)….if you have beheld His beauty who is the ‘chiefest among ten thousand’ and the One ‘altogether lovely,’ if your soul has become radiant in the presence of His glory, to you is this word from the Master sent.”
COL 415 “Into the darkness of the world is to be shed the light of His glory, the light of His goodness, mercy, and truth.”
EW 279 “I was pointed down to the time when the third angel’s message was closing. The power of God had rested upon Hi people; they had accomplished their work and were prepared for the trying hour before them. They had received the latter rain, or refreshing from the presence of the Lord, and the living testimony had been revived. The last great warning had sounded everywhere, and it had stirred up and enraged the inhabitants of the earth who would not receive the message.
TM 445 “Those who overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil, will be the favored ones who shall receive the seal of the living God.”
7BC 968 “Just before we entered it (the time of trouble), we all received the seal of the living God. Then I saw the four angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword, nation rose against nation, and the whole world was in confusion.”
GC 613 “/../.the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received the ‘seal of the living God.’ Then Jesus ceases His intercession in the sanctuary above.”
The Close of Probation
EW 279-281 “I saw angels hurrying to and fro in heaven. An angel with a writer’s inkhorn by his side returned from the earth and reported to Jesus that his work was done, and the saints were numbered and sealed. Then I saw Jesus, who had been ministering before the ark containing the ten commandments, throw down the censer. He raised His hands, and with a loud voice said, ‘It is done.’ And all the angelic host laid off their crowns as Jesus made the solemn declaration, ‘He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be h only still.’…
“As Jesus moved out of the most holy place,…a cloud of darkness covered the inhabitants of the earth. There was then no mediator between guilty man and an offended God….
“Then I saw Jesus lay off His priestly attire, and clothe Himself with His most kingly robes. Upon His head were many crowns, a crown within a crown. Surrounded by the angelic host, He left heaven. The plagues were falling upon the inhabitants of the earth. Some were denouncing God and cursing Him. Others rushed to the people of God and begged to be taught how they might escape His judgements. But the saints had nothing for them. The last tear for sinners had been shed, the last agonizing prayer offered, the last burden borne, the last warning given….With terrible distinctness they heard the words, ‘Too late! Too late!’ “
Shall we not do now what many thousands will wish they had done when the plagues begin to fall? Then it will be too late to surrender without reservation and earnestly pray for a daily baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Now is the time to put self aside and make speedy preparation for the Latter Rain.
8T 22 “Why do we not hunger and thirst for the gift of the Spirit, since this is the means by which we are to receive power? Why do we not talk of it, pray for it, preach concerning it?”
TM 64 “…why should we not prostrate ourselves at the throne of grace, as representatives of the church, and from a broken heart and contrite spirit make earnest supplication that the Holy Spirit shall be poured out upon us from on high?”
COR 165 “Oh that we as a people might humble our hearts before God, and plead with Him for the endowment of the Holy Spirit.”
TM 310, 223 “Realize every moment that you must have the presence of the Holy Spirit;…
“We need to be sanctified by the Holy Spirit every hour of the day, lest we be ensnared by the enemy, and our souls be imperiled.”
Our task is not just to continue in the Lord’s service making large gains year after year. The hour is long overdue when we should let God use us to quickly finish the work by the might power of His Spirit.
9T 44 “Intense earnestness should now take possession of us.”
This is the hour of greatest danger.
All that will survive the seven last plagues is a holy character.
The vital need—the greatest need of the Remnant church is not more members, more preachers, more money, or more facilities. The greatest need today is Spirit filled men and women.
We have great institutions
We have the greatest literature in the world.
We have the greatest organization in the world.
Who will respond without reservation to the mighty challenge of this climatic hour of earth’s history?
5T 644 “…if Satan cannot keep souls bound in the ice of indifference, he will try to push them into the fire of fanaticism.”
Faith I Live By 140 “No one who claims holiness is really holy. Those who are registered as holy in the books of heaven are not aware of the fact, and are the last ones to boast of their own goodness.”
SL 7 “Those who are really seeking to perfect Christian character will never indulge the thought that they are sinless. Their lives may be irreproachable, that may be living representatives of the truth which they have accepted; but the more they discipline their minds to dwell on the character of Christ, the neared the approach His divine image, the more clearly they will discern its spotless perfection, and the more deeply will they feel their own defects.”
SC 64 “The closer you come to Jesus, the more faulty you will appear in your own eye: for your vision will be clearer, and your imperfections will be seen in broad and distinct contrast to His perfect nature.”
A Snare of Satan
GW 316 “As the end draws near, the enemy will work with all his power to bring in fanaticism among us.”
8T 293 “False theories, clothed with garments of light, will be presented to God’s people. Thus Satan will try to deceive, if possible, the very elect.”
7BC 907 “As we near the end of time, falsehood will be so mingled with truth, that only those who have the guidance of the Holy Spirit will be able to distinguish truth from error.”
TM 55 “False teachers may appear to be very zealous for the work of God, and may expend means to bring their theories before the world and the church; but as they mingle error with truth, their message is one of deception, and will lead souls into false paths. They are to be met, and opposed, not because they are bad men, but because they are teachers of falsehood, and are endeavoring to put upon falsehood the stamp of truth.”
TM 61 “God has a church upon the earth, who are His chosen people, who keep His commandments. He is leading, not stray offshoots, not one here and one there, but a people.
Those who are tempted to aid Satan by criticizing leaders or laity in the Remnant church would do well to ponder the counsel of God’s messenger in the following quotations:
6T 42 “Nothing else in this world is so dear to God as His church, Nothing so offends God as an act that injures the influence of those who are doing His service. He will call to account all who aid Satan in his work of criticizing and discouraging.”
8T 36 “We must be terribly in earnest. We have not a moment to spend on criticism and accusation.”
TM 156 “Those who love Jesus will love the souls for whom He died. The truth planted in the heart will reveal the love of Jesus and its transforming power. Anything harsh, sour, critical, domineering, is not of Christ, but proceeds from Satan.”
The inclination to criticize should be a danger signal to us, for when the Holy Spirit purifies and transforms us, our hearts will be filled with love for God and for our brethren.
While it is true that the majority in the Remnant church are in the Laodicean state, many of whom will be shaken out, yet there is in the church a faithful group that will give heed to the counsel of Christ the True Witness. They will be prepared for the Latter Rain, share in giving the message with a loud Cry, and be ready for translation.
This is the Remnant church. God will not leas another movement. When the faithful ones give the message with great power during the Latter Rain, a great multitude will come out of failed churches, witness for their Master, and triumph with the redeemed on the sea of glass.
Now is the time to prepare for the Latter Rain. And we should remember daily that this work of preparation must take place under the Early Rain.
ADDITIONAL QUOTATIONS FOR MEDITATION
EW 66, 67 “My eyes were taken from the glory, and I was pointed to the remnant on the earth. The angel said to them, ‘Will ye shun the seven last plagues? Will ye go to glory and enjoy all that God has prepared for those that love Him and are willing to suffer for His sake? If so, ye must die that ye may live. Get ready, get ready, get ready. Ye must have a greater preparation than ye now have….Sacrifice all to God. Lay upon all upon His altar,—self property, and all, a living sacrifice. It will take all to enter glory….’
“Heaven will be cheap enough, if we obtain it through suffering. We must deny self all along the way, die to self daily, let Jesus alone appear, and keep His glory continually in view….
“Said the angel, ‘Deny self; ye must step fast.’ “
KH 291 “Our future eternal happiness depends upon having our humanity, with all its capabilities, and powers, brought into obedience to God and placed under control of Divinity….
“Jesus became a man that He might mediate between man and God,… that He might restore to man the original mind which he lost in Eden through Satan’s alluring temptation.
“…Through Jesus Christ every man may overcome…”
1SM 98 “The Lord desires every one of us to be decidedly in earnest.”
9T 44 “Intense earnestness should now take possession of us.”
5T 267 “Pray that the mighty energies of the Holy Spirit, with all their quickening, recuperate,. And transforming power, may fall like an electric shock on the palsy-stricken soul, causing every nerve to thrill with new life, restoring the whole man from his dead, earthly, sensual state to spiritual soundness. You will thus become partakes of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust; and in your souls will be reflected the image of Him by whose stripes you are healed.”
CH 138 “In order to be purified and to remain pure, Seventh-day Adventists must have the Holy Spirit in their hearts and in their homes. The Lord has given me light that when the Israel of today humble themselves before Him, and cleanse the soul-temple from all defilement, He will hear their prayers in behalf of the sick, and will bless in the use of His remedies for disease.”
PK 233 “To the heart that has become purified, all is changed. Transformation of character is the testimony to the world of an indwelling Christ. The Spirit of God produces a new life in the soul., bringing the thoughts and desires into obedience to the will of Christ; and the inward mind is renewed in the image of God.”
7T 33 “All that the apostles did, every church member today is to do.”
AA 49, 50 “Daily they prayed for fresh supplies of grace, that they might reach higher and still higher toward perfection. Under the Holy Spirit’s working, even the weakest, by exercising faith in God, learned to improve their entrusted powers, and to become sanctified, refined, and enabled. As in humility they submitted to the moulding influence of the Holy Spirit, they received of the fulness of the Godhead, and were fashioned in the likeness of the divine
“…If all were willing, all would be filled with the Spirit.”
CH 437 “As the human agent submits his will to the will of God, the Holy Spirit will make the impression upon the hearts of those whom he ministers.”
MH 512 “Nothing is more needed in our work than the practical results of communion with God. We should show by our daily lives that we have peace and rest in the Savior. His peace in the heart will shine forth in the countenance. It will give to the voice a persuasive power. Communion with God will ennoble the character and the life. Men will take knowledge of us, as go the first disciples, that we have been with Jesus. This will impart to the worker a power that nothing else can give. Of this power he must not allow himself to be deprived.”
DA 250 “He who loves Christ the most will do the greatest amount of good. There is no limit to the usefulness of one who, by putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God.”
MH 160 “To everyone who offers himself to the Lord for service, withholding nothing, is given power for the attainment of measureless results.”
Page 1, following line 22:
5T 67 “I am presenting to you that which the Lord has presented to me… They are what God has opened before me in vision—the precious rays of light shining from the throne.”
Page 12, following line 35:
5T 158 “We should pray as earnestly for the descent of the Holy Spirit as the disciples prayed on the day of Pentecost.”
Page 14, following line 8:
DA 389 “So fully was Jesus surrendered to the will of God that the Father alone appeared in His life.”
Page 17, following line 21:
8T 23 “My brethren and sister, plead for the Holy Spirit.”
Page 28, following line 29:
But to finish the work of God, we must receive daily a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit.
BEHOLD I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK
2SM 57 “The great sin of those who profess to be Christians is that they do not open the heart to receive the Holy Spirit.”
COR 146 “If you open the door of the heart, Jesus will supply the vacuum by the gift of His Spirit, and then you can be a living preacher in your home, in the church, and in the world.”
7T 33 “All that the apostles did, every church-member today is to do. And we are to work with as much more fervor, to be accompanied by the Holy Spirit in as much greater measure, as the increase of wickedness demands a more decided call to repentance….
“At this time, when the end of all things is at hand, should not the zeal of the church exceed even that of the early church? …Should not the power of God be even more tightly revealed today than in the time of the apostles?”
submitted by 3wiSeguyz
to adventist [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 12:39 J0hn-Rambo What is the Gospel?
The Gospel is the good news for all…
There is an almighty God who we should fear and give glory to. A God who made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. A God who is perfect, just in all his ways and rich in mercy.
God created man in His own image and with His own likeness. We were the showpieces of His creation, the culmination of all created beings. No other creatures were given such similarity to deity – only mankind. Just flesh and bones but made in the image and likeness of God.
As a result of Adam’s decision to rebel in the garden of Eden, we are all sinners by nature and choice, and have fallen short of the Glory of God. The ‘wages’ of sin is death. Thus, we are all justly deserving of everlasting punishment, the destruction of our body and soul in hell. But even though you’ve sinned, long ago God devised a plan to save and redeem you.
God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; Jesus Christ, to die for us, paying the debt for our sins, so that through Him we may be saved. A ‘spotless lamb’ in which there was no sin, the perfect sacrifice or substitute to take our place. This is the gift of God.
After three days and three nights, Jesus was resurrected and exalted to High Priest, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. God recorded all this in the Holy Bible, which God gave to us through the hands of his various chosen prophets, as both a love poem and an instruction book for life. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Jesus Christ promised that all those who believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. To be raised up; the righteous, unto the resurrection of life; and the wicked, unto the resurrection of damnation. This belief is not to be confused with a mere mental belief, but a complete humbling of yourself and a coming to the realisation that only through Christ can you be redeemed, and that Christ is the way, the truth and the life, and nobody comes to the Father but by Him. It is total surrender to Him as both Lord and Saviour. It is having absolute trust in and living by His every word.
If you repent of your sins, believe the gospel, and put your faith in Christ, His promises, and His teachings; you will inherit salvation unto everlasting life. With this salvation comes spiritual rebirth; you are gifted the Holy Spirit which will compel you to surrender to Christ as Lord, obey the commandments of God, to spread the Gospel, to be baptised for the remission of sins and to regularly celebrate the Lord’s supper. Having personally experienced the grace of God in Jesus, a believer trusts God as Creator, Christ as Saviour, and the Holy Spirit as Helper. Christ rewires every aspect of our lives so that the life and power of Jesus flows in us. That is what salvation is, and it goes on forever.
God knew you before you were formed in your mother’s womb. It is He that has decided to draw you to Him. God is greater than all and no man can pluck you out of His hand, only you can willingly walk away.
We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the present darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. The devil, who is called Satan, and all his angels, have been cast out from heaven for their choice to rebel against to God. They are our greatest threat in this world, even though at times it seems like it is each other. For Satan works in the hearts and minds of all who are disobedient to God. But fear not, for God is with us always, even unto the end. It is His good pleasure to give us, as His “little flock”, the kingdom.
Those who are poor in spirit shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Those who mourn shall be comforted. Those who are meek shall inherit the earth. Those who hunger for righteousness shall be filled. Those who are merciful shall obtain mercy. Those who are pure in heart shall see God. Those who are peacemakers shall be called children of God. Those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Those who have been reviled, persecuted falsely, and spoken of in all manner of evil for the sake of Jesus shall be blessed. So, rejoice, and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets that were before you.
On that faithful day God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things will have passed away. We that overcame shall inherit all things; and God shall dwell with us as Father, and we shall be His sons.
submitted by J0hn-Rambo
to Christianity [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 12:37 mhuntoon Are we improving or regressing?
My buddy and I started our channel in late December. We've since worked on a few things - camera angle, graphics, thumbnails, audio, and (hopefully) content.
Originally, we were just putting stuff out whenever we felt like it, but now we're on a routine schedule of shorts on Monday and Friday with a full episode on Wednesday. We hope that some continuity will help to build a better following.
The toughest thing for us (like most people) is getting people to find our channel. Short of putting "sexy women" or clickbait titles on our thumbnails (neither of which are things we're willing to do), it's tough to get clicks and without the clicks, YouTube won't push us out to potential subscribers.
That leaves us with the thought that we need to further improve our thumbnails so someone wants to click and not feel duped.
Secondly, we need to find a way to engage with the audience. We have a good rapport with each other, we're funny and informative (hopefully), and we enjoy what we do. We desperately want more input from our viewers, though.
Lastly, timing of release. We're still in the "not enough information" stage under When Your Audience Is Watching. We've played around a little with it, but am I wrong in thinking it really doesn't matter because YouTube is a worldwide audience pool?
tldr - we would love the following:
- Thumbnail suggestions - colors, titles, images, anything
- Engagement - suggestions for hooks, prompts, etc that will get people to comment
- Does timing matter whatsoever when it comes to release schedules?
- If you choose to watch any of our longer videos, is there anything you'd recommend we change? How about the shorts?
- Any suggestions for promoting our channel? We're on instagram, twitter, and facebook. Not fans of Tik Tok, so we're not there.
submitted by mhuntoon
to YouTube_startups [link] [comments]
2023.03.22 11:00 AutoModerator Daily r/LawnCare No Stupid Questions Thread
Please use this thread to ask any lawn care questions that you may have. There are no stupid questions. This includes weed, fungus, insect, and grass identification. For help on asking a question, please refer to the "How to Get the Most out of Your Post" section at the top of the sidebar.
Check out the sidebar if you're interested in more information on plant hardiness zones, identifying problems, weed control, fertilizer, establishing grass, and organic methods. Also, you may contact your local Cooperative Extension Service for local info. How to Get the Most out of Your Post:
Include a photo of the problem. You can upload to imgur.com for free and it's easy to do. One photo should contain enough information for people to understand the immediate area around the problem (dense shade, extremely sloped, etc.). Other photos should include close-ups of the grass or weed in question: such as this, this, or this. The more photos or context to the situation will help us identify the problem and propose some solutions. Useful Links:
Guides & Calculators: Measure Your Lawn • Make a Property Map • Herbicide Application Calculators • Fertilizing Lawns • Grow From Seed • Grow From Sod • Organic Lawn Care • Other Lawn Calculators Recurring Threads:
Lawn Pest Control: Weeds & What To Use • Common Weeds • What's Wrong Here? • How To Spray Weeds • MSU Weed ID Tool • Is This a Weed? • Herbicide Types • ID Turf Diseases • Fungi & Control Options • Insects & Control Options
Fertilizing: Fertilizing Lawns • How To Spread Granular Fertilizer • Natural Lawn Care • Fertilizer Calculator
US Cooperative Extension Services: Arkansas - University of Arkansas • California - UC Davis • Florida - University of Florida • Indiana - Purdue University • Nebraska - University of Nebraska-Lincoln • New Hampshire - The University of New Hampshire • New Jersey - Rutgers University • New York - Cornell University • Ohio - The Ohio State University • Oregon - Oregon State University • Texas - Texas A&M • Vermont - The University of Vermont
Canadian Cooperative Extension Services: Ontario - University of Guelph
Daily No Stupid Questions Thread • Mowsday Monday • Treatment Tuesday • Weed ID Wednesday • That Didn't Go Well Thursday • Finally Friday: Weekend Lawn Plans • Soil Saturday • Lawn of the Month • Monthly Mower Megathread • Monthly Professionals Podium • Tri-Annual Thatch Thread • Quarterly Seed & Sod Megathread
submitted by AutoModerator
to lawncare [link] [comments]