Lp smart siding vs t1-11
Is it normal to feel offended/upset about a possible misdiagnosis?
2023.04.01 15:55 enpowera Is it normal to feel offended/upset about a possible misdiagnosis?
I feel like a hypocrite. I have Autism and ADHD, as does my daughter. My son has Autism and most likely ADHD as well. He’s too young to test for ADHD and we have it planned for next year to test.
The psychologist did an IQ test too, and even though she said it isn’t accurate at his age put a possible low IQ/intellectual disability on his full results. He couldn’t even sit still for the test after the first two activities which he did at normal ability/accuracy.
I don’t know much about diagnosing low IQ, I admit, but I’m fairly certain he isn’t. He picks up on non social things very fast, pulls up information he knows quickly -using sign language to communicate or simple sentences- and has the ability to repeat tasks after being shown once. He can follow picture recipes perfectly and sometimes doesn’t even NEED a recipe, he just sees what I put out to cook with and knows what to do (obviously not cooking cooking, he just turned 5. But he mixes/assembles well.)
Would I be out of line asking for it to be off his paperwork until he’s older and we can have an accurate test done? I have no problems with people who have a low iq and work with adults suffering from it. I can do a side by side comparison and at 5 my son does better in a lot of areas than the adults.
He is so incredibly smart and I don’t want him stuck with a label that doesn’t belong.
I’m not sure if it’s because I have autism I can’t correlate him and others with low IQ, but I just can’t see how he can be so quick to the uptake but have a diagnosis of basically being slow to the uptake.
I’m still proceeding with our plans for various therapies to help him succeed but I really don’t want anyone to even hint he has low iq in front of him. At least not until older and we can test properly. It feels like a self fulfilling prophecy.
Maybe it’s because I work with those who can’t safely be independent so I see more severe cases instead of milder that I am not understanding how they reached this diagnosis when it was the IQ test they used to reach that conclusion.
I’m certified in dementia care, but have only brushed the surface on learning disabilities that aren’t Autism or ADHD, enough to do my job well, but not much more. Which I’m going to remedy in case the result is accurate.
submitted by enpowera
to disability [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 15:48 Ingybalingy1127 Daughter smashed the 2nd cell phone because it’s on 1%…now what
My 11 yo daughter is High functioning and is obsessed with the phone. She can play for hours. I am a single mom to her and an 12yo. I work two jobs and both kids stay home alone (latchkey) from time to time when I work the second job 10 min away from home. Daughter also has an Apple watch. Son has an iPad. So we’re in touch. This post is not about shaming me for leaving them home. I have no help and their father left them to move to another state. He is in arrears with the court order child support he owes and the enforcement process has begun, but until then I must work two jobs to support. Daughter has been taking Ritalin for 3 months now. She is very impulsive and at 11 is still unclear about cause and effect. She threw her iPad over a rail last month at a sleepover b/c a “she wanted to see if it would land”. So her ipad broke. She would use the 2nd phone when I wasn’t home, but last night called me screaming and raging (think like a Narcissist) because the phone was on 1%. I redirected her to say she had a Chromebook and her smart TV in her room she could use while the phone charges. She hung up on me. Next call was from the 12yo telling me she smashed the phone b/c she was so mad. I am feeling all sort of emotions and am worried, truly worried about my daughter. I feel guilty for not being there, but am not beating myself up as I am financially and emotionally as a single mom caught between a rock and a hard place. Plus, since COVID they have had to at times be alone (me going to store) My daughter is not one to hug especially during or right after the tantrum. Her ODD is so alarming her teachers said , “when she is help accountable she goes to the extreme” My daughter looked sad and scared last night when I got home shortly after the call. I had to wait to come home because I was so mad. I almost called my social worker. But I want to be there for her, I feel the message doesn’t stick with her in the moment. We even set up a plan with the social worker about how to stop and seek out her brother (12yo) as the voice of reason. Also, how Much of a factor is the Ritalin? I was never on ADHD meds (fathers side ), so I’m clueless with that. She’s on it to focus at school. I don’t know what to do or how to handle this…. Background: Daughter currently gets counseling 3x a month, we have a psych who prescribes the Ritalin
submitted by Ingybalingy1127
to Autism_Parenting [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 15:48 mikehawk1988 "Kali LP-6 2nd Wave" vs. "Adam Audio T7V" studio monitors?
Hey guys, I recently bought the "Kali LP-6 2nd Wave" and while I like them I'm still unsure whether to keep them or switch to the "Adam Audio T7V".
I have a little bit of hearing loss (~100Hz-14kHz is my audible range, the upper range also not being perfectly audible) and I thought maybe with the "Adam Audio T7V" with more boosting in the highs it might level out my hearing loss a bit. I know that people often sugguest to go for the "flat" alternative, but well, if you have hearing loss then "flat" won't sound good to your ears and it might lead to overcompensation of lows and mids, which then sounds bad to other people. I already boosted the highs +2 dB "Kali LP-6 2nd Wave" as depicted at the back of the monitors, so that's no option anymore.
I produce for fun, have an untreated room and mainly produce EDM.
Are there any arguments for or against switching to the "Adam Audio T7V"? Here in Europe both are same as cheap.
submitted by mikehawk1988
to studiomonitors [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 15:34 Lily-not-Lilium Case of the vanishing eyeshadow
Ok I’m having issues. I’m new to makeup and playing with eyeshadow has been fun! The issue I’ve been having is that I have hooded eyes. So I apply higher and away from the hood so that it’s still visible when my eyes are open. The issue I’ve been having is that an hour or two after I apply it fades and is barely visible. It drives me crazy! I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or not. It’s not completely gone but the colors fade significantly. At the end of the day is till get a lot off my face with makeup wipes but idk.
I use Elf hydrating face primer and Laura Geller face palettes. My eyes are slightly on the oily side so I thought maybe I needed less primer because it was too oily but now I’m not sure.. so I need it on heavier?
Thanks for the help Makeup smart friends. (Also if anyone has any good tips and resources for people with hooded eyes I would love to check them out.) anything more than 25% of my eyelids visible is rare. Usually it is a lot less.
submitted by Lily-not-Lilium
to MakeupAddiction [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 15:32 HeyTaekyo CMV: China will not invade Taiwan any time in the near future as they can find little to no economic, military, or political benefit in doing so
One of the most common pieces of rhetoric related to East Asian geopolitics that I hear online, in headlines, and in real life is the looming suspension that China will invade Taiwan at any moment. The Russian invasion of Ukraine served as excellent fuel to the fire that the new “axis of evil” was planning complete world domination via expanding its borders in a way similar to the archaic pre-ww1 era of geopolitics. It’s such a warhawkish and completely foolish way of looking at the world and I have yet to see any damning evidence of it besides some ballistic CPC official saying nonsense like a US politician would. The Chinese government is not idiotic and would not risk the entire country’s security and stability over the island.
I am ready to change my mind on anything here provided you give reliable, credible sources and not emotional rhetoric.
- 1. China gains nothing economically from taking Taiwan and military action will only serve to collapse the progress people fought tooth and nail for.
Despite their relationship on paper, China and Taiwan are close economic partners of one another and in 2022 Taiwan ranked 4th among China’s trading partners by volume, not including the EU and ASEAN, to the point where it currently has a trade deficit with them. When looking at China as a trading partner of Taiwan, the PRC currently makes up over 25% percent of all its international trade. They are closely linked economically and both would suffer severely(admittedly Taiwan much more) if war ever began between the two.
Furthermore, the Chinese government is not full of warhawk fools. I will concede that they’re prone to flexing their muscles by repetitively forcing its neighbours to scramble fighters and that there are certainly vocal members who make grand proclamations and threats, but this is far from indicative of a militaristic expansionist policy. They have likely always been well aware, much more now because of the Russian-Ukraine War, that a violation of the de-facto sovereignty of Taiwan would mean worldwide economic isolation and a subsequent rollback on the progress the economy has made since Deng Xiaoping. China’s largest trading partners besides ASEAN and Taiwan are the EU, South Korea, Japan, and the US all of which would close their doors to China if it acted against Taiwan. Furthermore, China would have hell on their hands trying to un-entrench all of the Japanese/American dominated business partnerships which exist in the country's various industries. The only potential material objective of a war, hegemony over chipmaking, could easily be sabotaged and denied outright.
The Chinese government, while one party and authoritarian, does possess a degree of popular sovereignty. The people see economic progress as a source of immense national pride and they continue to support the government because they've made that happen. They contributed to the end of Gang of Four through mass protests against the wretched Cultural Evolution in 1976. Furthermore there are elections and “parties'' within the CPC, at a local level, who then proceed up the ladder of civil servitude through the modernised examination system similar to the imperial keju. This is still nothing close to a liberal democracy, but the people do have a degree of control over the power of their government. If the Chinese economy collapses and Chinese die fighting Chinese in Taiwan, it will no doubt pose a greater threat to the power of the CPC than any foreign actor could.
TL;DR: China is economically intertwined with Taiwan and the “Western” bloc and would suffer immensely if they invaded Taiwan, leading to potential regime change by its own people.
- 2. China suffers militarily if it invades Taiwan, even in the event of complete and swift total victory.
In the improbable scenario that China miraculously takes Taiwan without much struggle, what happens next? (besides endless sanctions and diplomatic isolation, of course). China now directly faces a Pacific completely dominated by the United States and to a lesser extent EU states and Japan. This would not only give the US an excuse to greatly expand its military expenditure and presence in the pacific, but also be a shock that could pave the way for the increasing nationalist militarisation of Japan that has been occurring in the last two decades. Both of these things would negate any real gains China would see by controlling the island.
A common misconception that I see is that China remains entrenched in the ill-trained, ill-armed “human wave” tactics of the Korean war. China’s military has advanced exponentially and is now a modern, specialised fighting force capable of limited global power projection. That being said, their navy is nowhere close to being able to challenge the US on open waters. You can point to China’s silent economic battle in the pacific island nations as an attempt to expand, but these nations are still de-facto US satellites and there is no amount of money you could pay to them to attempt to challenge that by authorising a Chinese navy base of some kind. Taiwan would be a deadend for the Chinese military and would serve little to no purpose for power projection.
In a realistic scenario, an amphibious invasion of Taiwan would likely see a similar situation to Ukraine, where western bloc economies funnel money and eventually weapons to the country. It’s not as if the PLA can cross a border and start fighting, they have 180km of strait to move across before they can even begin the fighting man-to-man. Furthermore, Taiwan is a strategic location for the US and it would seek to gain much more by pumping as much into the fight as its able to and the mobilisation of the Chinese Military could act as a causa-belli for the US to become directly involved. Even if somehow they didn’t, Taiwan’s military is not made of paper even if it isn’t fantastic and China would require nothing less than a complete and total, non-pyrrhic victory. The island could be eventually pacified but at the cost of potential millions of lives over years.
TL;DR: Even if China somehow invades Taiwan without struggle, it will come face to face with the US, Japan, and potentially more. It has no military incentive to have one less buffer state between it and its “enemies.” Outside of that scenario, an amphibious invasion of a highly developed and militarised country would not be easy.
- 3. China would suffer domestically and diplomatically if it invaded Taiwan and end its position as a “neutral” global power.
Despite the antagonistic face both states put on towards one another on a higher level, Chinese and Taiwanese do not simply see the other as a demonised enemy. For instance, China and Taiwan enjoyed extensive tourism from one another before COVID. What could justify the slaughter of the Chinese inhabitants of Taiwan in the event of an invasion, the brothers and sisters that they love to hate?
In addition to the domestic situation on the Mainland, an evitable partisan insurgency, whether astroturfed or organic, would be a multi-million strong ulcer sticking directly in the face of Japan and the US Pacific who’d probably love to add fuel to the fire given that the population of Taiwan already loves the both of them. Furthermore, Chinese failure to maintain control and a subsequent retreat would give an excuse for the US and Japan to move militarily into the region and give an empirical, legal backing for de-jure Taiwanese independence in the eyes of the world.
China has sought the avenue of soft-power and purely economic deals as a means to expand its influence and has done so successfully. This can be seen especially by the recent signing of the Chinese-facilitated Saudi-Iran agreement to restore diplomatic relations, which has major implications for the geopolitical landscape of a Middle East traditionally dominated by the hard power of the US. military and economy. A sudden military campaign would undermine any facade that China is a peaceful nation seeking neutrality and destroy decades of work on the international stage.
In addition to all of this, putting away all the emotionally charged rhetoric about democracy vs. authoritarianism, Taiwan’s current place in the global order is a bargaining chip between the US. and China. Both sides can use the island’s de-jure political status as a means to intimidate, provoke, or bargain on all kinds of matters. For instance, the US could basically give China a greenlight to begin a forceful integration into the country via a Two Systems One China policy in exchange for the forgiveness of X% of US debt or China could de-jure recognise of Taiwanese sovereignty in exchange for extensive trade expansion in favour of Chinese interests. Why would China or the US just throw a powerful card like this away?
TL;DR: China only gains the rise of domestic unrest, the loss of a major bargaining chip, the end of neutrality, and over 20 million potential insurgents in a province separated by 180 km of water.
Some common rebuttals I see related to a Chinese invasion of Taiwan.
- China does more than just say things, it actually flies jets into their airspace and flies missiles over the island all the time.
Fair point, but this is not a pretext to an invasion or signs that it plans to act militarily against the island. It’s more like a dude puffing up his chest and pressing someone to look tough and intimidating than an actual threat, it’s a mind game of intimidation and message sending. If a US diplomat visited Taiwan and China instead did nothing, what would that say about China’s strength, is it shrinking back from the US and Taiwanese claims? The country has to remain neutral but also show its not afraid of showing force.
- Why would the US give away Taiwan for debt, isn't that basically trading democracy for X amount of money?
Due to the international grey area Taiwan sits in, the US cannot go in and just start setting up military bases or move mass amounts of military into their waters as it would be an indirect affront to China. Taiwan has no formal military contracts with any nation. It cannot be a true US strategic ally for this reason, so would require a green light from China or a war for the US to make a proclamation one way or another. The US is also not above trading democracy for other motives and has promoted much worse throughout its recent history, this would not be a surprising move.
- Taiwan is much smaller than the Ukraine has no land borders with friendly countries, it would be a much different situation in regards to aid due to the fact Taiwan is an island
This is true, but remember who controls virtually all the seas and air east of Taiwan. If you and I can understand that, a government of 1.4 billion probably can too. China would risk all out war and further isolation if it struck civilian shipping vessels, invoking “Remember the Lusitania!” 100 years later.
- The “NATO encirclement” theory in the Ukraine can also apply to Taiwan as China is already surrounded by almost 100,000 US troops and two powerful US allies. A further move by the US into the island could cement cause for war
As previous stated, Taiwan is an international grey area. They are de-facto independent but not in the eyes of the UN or any international organisation of any weight. You can’t start attempting to enlarge something like an unofficial Pacific Alliance Treaty Organisation without seriously stoking fires and causing an international crisis. Due to the economic relationship between the US, China, and other regional pacific powers, I don’t think there's much of a reason to antagonise China by an attempted encroachment through Taiwan.
- China has a lot of ideological reasons for war and could easily drum up nationalistic support for it if it needed to, especially if the government was in dire need of a morale boost.
Yes the Chinese government loves their nationalist righteous propaganda and could paint Taiwan as a country “occupied by vile capitalists exploiting the Chinese,” but it's not 1960-70s anymore. The whole righteous fight idea is over, and China is settling into becoming a first-world nation in major cities such as Beijing. People want China to fight for progress economically and developmentally, it's now a social market economy and those in cities live with the luxuries of capitalist life; Mao’s red banner fell with Deng Xiaoping. I would like to assume China is far above invading another country in the name of drumming up public morale, it did not work for Argentina in 1982 nor for King Charles X in 1830, it would be foolish to try again.
- People made the same points I made about Russia when they began to build up their military on the Ukraine’s border.
True, but the dynamics of China and Taiwan are completely different than Russia and the Ukraine. Russia was/is a fading star on a world stage and had been in decline for decades prior to the war. A west-leaning Ukraine has always presented a direct threat to Russia which is why it did all it could to neuter the Ukraine’s power and diminish influence from western powers. I don’t excuse Russia’s invasion as justified by any means but I do think it’s not a good idea to entirely rule out the idea of feeling “encircled” by anti-Russian governments. Moscow is basically a straight 800 km march from Kiev through open plains.
Contrast this to China, a country on the rise and a global cornerstone with much more to lose than Russia. Taiwan is also much more economically integrated with its neighbours and the world than the Ukraine was. Ukraine barely made up 2% of Russia's total imports and did not serve as a pillar in several industries before the war. When the Ukraine was invaded, all western consumers felt was a minor price hike on wheat but if Taiwan was invaded, they'd feel it in any sector that requires chip manufacturing. A completely hostile Taiwan can also not pose the same threat to China as the Ukraine did to Russia, largely due to the 180km strait seperating the two.
Also, China generally avoids using its military anywhere but its own borders unless it’s being an asshole on international waters. Russia’s policy, on the other hand, has been much more direct and heavy-handed post-USSR as can be seen in Syria, Libya, Georgia, CAR, the Ukraine in 2014, etc etc. If China suddenly was poised to invade the Kinmen and Matsu islands or borderlands of Central Asia I’d start sounding expansionist alarms, but this has not ever been the case despite the ease with which it would have probably been done.
Sources: (more can be provided upon request)
Trade by country in 2018 (PRC) http://www.customs.gov.cn/customs/302249/zfxxgk/2799825/302274/302275/4794352/index.html
Tourists by country to PRC (2018) https://data.stats.gov.cn/easyquery.htm?cn=C01&zb=A0K01&sj=2018
Tourists by country to Taiwan (2018) https://admin.taiwan.net.tw/Handlers/FileHandler.ashx?fid=0ce1616b-6af8-4190-9bd9-c324e6752bc8&type=4&no=1
p. 51 for information on the capabilities of the Chinese navy and power projection (2022) https://media.defense.gov/2022/Nov/29/2003122279/-1/-1/1/2022-MILITARY-AND-SECURITY-DEVELOPMENTS-INVOLVING-THE-PEOPLES-REPUBLIC-OF-CHINA.PDF
Ex. Japanese-Taiwanese relations https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/taiwan-pledges-deeper-japan-security-cooperation-senior-lawmaker-visits-2022-12-10/
Taiwanese outlook on Japan, (survey is small) https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/03/18/national/taiwan-affinity-japan/
Brief thread on the Taiwanese military https://www.reddit.com/CredibleDefense/comments/wah0u6/dispelling\_the\_myth\_of\_taiwan\_military\_competency/
submitted by HeyTaekyo
to changemyview [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 15:27 arenaissancefool "Men are trash" includes GAYS
I felt compelled to share my own experiences after one member of this subreddit shared his experience being molested by gays.
- I was 1st year HS when I was invited by my mom to have a swim sa isang pool ng condominium. imimeet niya kasi yung old friend na na taga-roon. I was alone in that pool. may isang pool sa kabila na may isang mid-20s na guy na napapansin ko pasulyap-sulyap sakin. I didn't mind it. I figured I'd practice my swimming lessons from school. after a few minutes, the guy from the other pool approached me and started chatting with me. I couldn't recall our exact conversation pero I remembered na nag-introduce siya. I introduced myself din. he even asked me my FB account and said he'll add me. maya-maya napapansin ko na parang dumidikit siya nang dumidikit sakin. I was feeling somewhat weirded out. then he did something I did not expect: he held my hand. hinawakan niya kamay ko nang walang pasabi and when I pulled my hand away, he apologized. after non I remember him asking me to join him sa hotel room niya "with his friends" where he said "maraming food doon" and "we can share stories." I really felt weirded out by him and decided to return to my mom. he returned to his pool area and later, umalis na siya ng pool. we never spoke again. later that evening, he added me on FB. pero natakot ako so I blocked him. (NOTE: during this time, I haven't had an idea of being uncomfortable or the idea of grooming. even the idea of pedophilia is unknown to me. I just felt weirded out that time. pero alam kong creepy and ayaw ko siya maging friend)
- when I was in college madalas umuuwi ako gabi na. I decide to allow the rush hour to pass before going home para di masyado naakapagod pauwi and mabilis. kapag uuwi ako, I happen to cross by a salon near my street where most of the workers are gays. late one evening, around 9:30 pm, I saw one gay salon worker na nagyoyosi sa labas mag-isa, and tinitignan niya ko as I walk. even after malagpasan ko siya, I felt his gaze. I didn't think about it at first, pero kasi a few yards later may naririnig akong sumusunod sakin. I was alone non and madilim. pero soon I heard his footsteps getting faster na parang tinatry magcatch up. napalingon ako and lo and behold, I saw the gay salon worker na nagyoyosi na sumusunod sakin. lumayo ako sa street na inuuwian ko and naglibot libot sa malalapit na lugar. and even then sumusunod pa rin. soon nafeel kong napansin niya na alam kong sinusundan niya ko kasi nawala siya after. pero nafifeel ko na nandun pa rin siya. nung nafeel ko na wala na siya, bumalik na ko sa normal route ko pauwi. TAS PUTA NANDON NA NAMAN SIYA SA LIKOD KO. I was basically followed hanggang sa street na dinadaanan ko pauwi. di ko na kinaya, tumakbo na ko. when I got home, I was sweating and ambilis ng tibok ng puso ko.
- this was in 2nd year college. I was in SM alone to catch up with some friends. it was around 4pm in the afternoon. I decided to relieve myself sa restroom after the long trip papunta sa mall. habang umiihi ako sa urinal, may isang guy na tumabi sakin kahit andaming urinals na walang tao. as a man, it's an unspoken rule na iihi ka lang sa urinal na may katabing tao IF and ONLY IF occupied na yung iba. it's like, lahat muna ng odd numbered urinals ang first pick ng mga tao. if naoccupy na lahat, tsaka lang pwede umihi sa even. or if maraming tao oks lang din naman. pero kasi that time, dalawa lang kami umiihi. may isa or dalawa ata na nasa sink non. I felt the guy next to me staring at me habang umiihi. nung tapos na ko, I washed my hands and went on my way. tumambay muna ako sa mga railings ng SM while I text my friends. pero after texting may napansin ako. SI KUYANG NAKATITIG ANDUN SA OPPOSITE SIDE NG RAILING NAKATINGIN SAKIN. I was creeped out, nagstart ako maglakad. while walking I glance every now and then pero di halata. nakikita ko siya sumusunod sakin pero sobrang layo ng distance. I went inside the department store to pretend looking for shoes, maya maya napansin ko siya na naglalakad sa tabi casually na parang napadaan lang siya don. pero napapansin ko siyang tumitingin. soon, pumunta akong national bookstore. I looked at some of the books sa isang hilera. maya-maya napansin ko ayun naglalakad. papunta ata sa hilera next to where I was. after non, binilisan ko lakad ko and decided na magstay sa KFC. nafeel ko na I lost him kasi di ko siya nakita. dun na ko nagstay para ichat friends ko nasan na sila. I felt safe...... SIKE!!! after 1 minute, nakita ko siya pumasok sa KFC and sat on a place near mine. I was contemplating if I would confront this guy and give him a beating or call the security guards pero I was too afraid to move. and never pa ko nakasuntok ng anyone in my entire life. I was basically trapped. this guy has been stalking me ever since sa restroom. I pretended to just look at my cell. I saw him peripehrally. there he was, with the back of his tablet facing mine. I had an idea kung anong ginagawa niya: he may be taking pictures of me. for what and why? I have no idea. buti na lang talaga, sinundo ako ng mga kaibigan ko after 5 minutes. after non, di ko na siya nakita.
- here's a funny thing: many smart members of the LGBT think highly of themselves na they think they're simply incapable of doing anything wrong. their delusional self-righteousness was off the charts. I entered an org during 3rd year college where I was basically hazed psychologically as part of the initiation process. most of the officers were LGBT. one of them asked me "how do you feel about gay people?" I answered them "I accept them, pero I feel uncomfortable at times." they just laughed at my answer. they then asked me why I felt that way. like I'm doing now, I shared my experiences. they laughed harder than before. their reply really struck me: "wooooow. pogi ka?" right then and there, I felt my feelings invalidated. nafeel ko na parang hinubaran ako ng dignidad. it's a worse feeling than when they threw me their soda cans and some crumpled papers. they ridiculed me for feeling uncomfortable. and eto pa: THEY REFUSED TO BELIEVE MY STORIES AND CALLED ME HOMOPHOBE AND BASURA ON THE SPOT. after non, tinalakan ako ng kung ano-ano. one aggressive girl even said [non-verbatim] "anong karapatan mo na gumawa ng kung ano anong kwento?" another said [non-verbatim] "ang kapal ng mukha mo." the loudest one said [non-verbatim] "feeling pogi mo naman. kahit akong bading di ako magkakagusto sayo ehh" and other hurtful things. at the end of the interview, I cried. these people laughed at my tears and proceeded to degrade me further. it was the worst 2 hours of my college life. I didn't remember their exact words, pero their messages really stuck with me na until now naalala ko yung mga yon. those moments made me angry towards gay people. I can even remember their faces. eventually, I got accepted sa org na yun pero decided to leave after a week. di ko maatim na magiging buddy-buddy ako sa mga taong ito after ng ginawa nila sakin.
somehow, many people have this idea na gays are infallible. they can never do wrong kasi they struggled so much
. that's just bullshit.
for years, natakot ako magkwento neto kasi often nagagaslight lang ako na ako yung mali. people, even the progressive ones, just tell me I should just suck it up and understand them. and in the end they tell me, not all gays are like that.
question. anong pinagkaiba neto sa men are trash
? I agree with that sentiment kasi totoo naman na maraming nabibiktima ang mga lalaki. pero I wonder bakit pagdating sa straight men parang ang easy lang na igeneralize sila, pero we reserve the generalizations pagdating sa gays? hindi ba double standards ito? I'd argue na marami pang lalaki na katulad ko. the only reason na hindi nabibigyang pansin is many refuse to speak up for fear of being vilified. Men are trash INCLUDES GAY MEN.
submitted by arenaissancefool
to OffMyChestPH [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 15:19 redNoHeart Best payday loans reddit voted for as their favorite - GetFunds
If you're in a tight spot financially and have a poor credit score, it can be challenging to find someone to lend you money. However, don't despair, as there are options available, such as payday loans. While you may be in a vulnerable position, taking your time to find reputable lenders and understanding the requirements can help you make an informed decision.
Payday loans can be a great option for those who need fast access to cash. Unlike traditional loans, payday loans are typically easier to obtain, have fewer requirements, and offer quick disbursement of funds. They can help you bridge the gap between paychecks or cover unexpected expenses. Additionally, they can help you improve your credit score by making timely payments. The best payday loan service in the US right now is Getfunds
Reddit Voted GetFunds As Best Payday loan service
Here are the requirements for getting a payday loan online:
• Have worked at your present job for at least 90 days. • Be over the age of 18. • Be a US citizen or permanent resident. • Receive income of about $1,000 per month after tax. • Have a checking account in your name. • Have a valid telephone number for your home and/or work. • Have a valid email address.
If you're looking for the best payday loan lender online, GetFunds
is an excellent choice. They offer reasonable terms, up to $1,000 in loans, and quick processing times. Additionally, they have a simple online application process that makes it easy to apply for a loan.
Remember to borrow only what you need and can afford to repay. Payday loans can be a useful tool for managing short-term financial needs, but they should not be relied on for long-term financial stability. By finding a reputable lender and understanding the terms and requirements of the loan, you can make an informed decision and take control of your finances. Getting out of a tough financial situation:
Getting out of a tough financial situation requires a combination of determination, discipline, and smart financial management. The first step is to take a hard look at your budget and expenses, and identify areas where you can cut back. This may involve making some difficult choices, such as downsizing your living arrangements or cutting back on non-essential spending. It's also important to increase your income, whether through a higher-paying job, freelance work, or starting a side hustle. Finally, make a plan to pay off debt and build up your savings over time. This may require making some sacrifices in the short term, but with persistence and hard work, you can achieve financial stability and peace of mind.
submitted by redNoHeart
to PaydayLoanBros [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 15:06 sadnesslaughs To finally solve all problems caused by humans, God made six new earths, to separate everyone depending on their sins. Earth 1 being for the best people and Earth 7 being for the worst sinners. Every 50 years, angels arrive and re-judge people to decide if they should stay, go up or down.
“It’s been fifty years already? Time flies on Earth 7. I remember how dull the years felt all that time ago. How bored I was with my immortality, sitting around with the other self-righteous on Earth 1. Or shall I just call it Earth? What do the angels refer to it as?” Alex asked, paying little attention to the angel. He had been struggling to open his can of soup for the last ten minutes, banging it against the side of his worn-out kitchen table. The pointed edges of the table piercing the top but not quite busting it open, spilling droplets of red tomato soup all over the table.
“We call it heaven. You were a holy man back then; a crowning achievement of what faith could do for a person. We still believe you are that holy person, which is why we are begging you to reconsider this crusade you’re performing. These people will repent on their own. They don’t need you to torment them into submission.” The angel pleaded; body hidden by a ray of golden light. On Earth 1, the angels were visible, a figure that those holy humans could comprehend, but as one moved lower down the Earth’s, the angels became more obscured, their features not visible behind the protective holy lights.
“Really? You think this is reforming anyone? Have you even looked at the world outside? Feel free to glance out of the cracks in my walls. It’s hell on this Earth. You put the worst of the worst together and expected them to play nice?”
“We believed that it would be in their best interest to be separated. It would offer them a chance to self-reflect without harming anyone else.”
“Without harming anyone else? So, it’s fine if they kill each other?”
“I didn’t say that.”
“It’s implied. I agree with you, I would rather they kill each other. Unfortunately, that doesn’t give them a chance to reflect on their mistakes. All you’ve done is given them access to a playground of sin, one where they have even fewer consequences.” Alex banged the can against the edge, the top spilling open, spilling a wave of red liquid over the table. “Want some soup?”
“I’ll pass. Don’t you think this is better? We created a heaven and hell using your Earth, a way to organize people into categories. No one dies anymore. They simply live and reflect on their lives until they earn their way to Earth 1.”
“How many people here do you believe will earn their way back?”
“I believe every sinner has a chance to-“
“Honestly. Without the shit, how many do you think will earn their way back without me?”
“Five, maybe ten.” The angel sighed.
“Five or ten every fifty years. This place is going to get overpopulated at this rate. That’s not even counting the new arrives. Sure, Earth 7 is a hard place to get into, but it’s an even harder place to leave. Imagine living around murderers and sinners and trying to avoid killing someone. Even if you kill to protect yourself, you’re still technically a committing a sin.”
“God says one must forgive his enemies. As an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”
“Fifty years of turning the other cheek is hard. Which is why I’m helping. These people need someone to fear. A threat that makes them uneasy about sinning.”
“Alex, this isn’t the way to do things. You need to trust god’s plan.”
“What plan? We hear nothing from him for thousands of years and then suddenly we all sent to these Earth’s without warning. That was his grand plan? This isn’t what I devoted my life to. God teaches sinners how to grow. He doesn’t throw them into the too hard basket and leave them to kill one another.” Alex sipped his soup, downing the cold liquid and tossing the can onto the floor.
“This is a different way of teaching.” The angel said, picking up the can from the floor, looking for a bin to put it in. When it found none, it simply crushed the can into light. “You still choose to eat, even with immortality?”
“Even if hunger won’t kill me, it still doesn’t feel nice to starve. Plus, one can for me means one less for the others. I plan to weaken them until they are forced to become better people.”
“That isn’t the way. What if you shared the can? Wouldn’t that send a better message?”
“Heh, you angels really don’t have any clue what these people are like. These aren’t people who have just sworn during church or tripped someone over. These are the worst of the worst. People that don’t understand the difference between right and wrong. Suffering is their only way to salvation. They need to experience fear and pain.”
“I don’t think we will see eye to eye on this. I hate to say it, but you won’t be advancing to Earth 6 this time.”
“Mm-hmm. You can just send a letter next time. Don’t bother showing up.” Alex murmured, noticing the hint of a flashlight outside, the light poking through a crack in his wall. The light moving around the back of his house as he crept closer to the wall, peering out of the hole, watching as a small group of looters made their way to his shed.
“Please. I can tell what you’re thinking. Share your supplies with them.”
“You know, maybe you’re right.” Alex said, giving the angel a moment of hope before he reached for a remote underneath the kitchen sink. With the remote in hand, he waited until a looter opened the shed door before setting off the explosives. “Oh, what a shame. Nothing left to share.”
The angel grimaced, unable to look at the destruction. Smoke pouring from where the shed once was. The looters didn’t die, but it would take some time for their bodies to fully heal. Alex opened the backdoor, staring down the group.
“Welcome to hell, newbies. I’m going to torment you until you repent for your sins. If you’re smart, you will take this warning and follow the rules I’ve set. If you don’t, I’ll make sure you never get a moment of rest; you will always be looking over your shoulder for me.”
Alex watched as the group slowly healed, staring at the man in horror before scurrying into the darkness of the night. Alex was certain some of them would be back. Most people that ended up in hell weren’t the type to conform to rules, at least not at first. They would make a few attempts on his life and may even succeed, but without being able to kill him, they could only halt him for so long. Even trapping Alex wouldn’t last forever. The most successful trapping attempt lasting five years until the lock on his cage door rusted, and he broke free.
“You have set up rules?” The angel questioned.
“I have a few posters outside. A few guidelines on how to avoid contact with me. If they behave themselves, they won’t get much trouble from me. It’s the ones that continue their old habits that need to fear me.”
“I see. When you were a religious man, did you believe in the devil?”
“I did. It makes sense that if there is a god, there would be a devil.”
“The devil was never real. At least not until you arrived here. Your tale shares some similarities to the devil’s too. You both serve a similar purpose, although while the devil was a prisoner of hell, you appear to be a warden. I believe you have become the devil of Earth 7. I just wonder if you will stay a warden forever or end up a prisoner, too?”
“I’m no devil. I’ll return to Earth 1 when the evil repents. I just don’t plan to leave until I do god’s job for him. Even the wicked deserve to go to Earth 1. Even if they have to be forced to better themselves.”
“Hm. That answers my question. I’ll be taking my leave.”
“Please do. I need to go check my security camera. This place might look like it’s falling apart, but that’s just to trick anyone stupid enough to enter it. I have traps, a bunker and everything I need to make them repent. You’re just putting me in danger by being here.”
“Very well. Farewell.” The angel shone even brighter, causing Alex’s senses to overload, unable to hear anything but white noise as the angel left him with one word. “Prisoner.” Before vanishing.
submitted by sadnesslaughs
to Sadnesslaughs [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:58 lucader881 Earth's Chosen [LitRPG] - Chapter 53
53 – Illusionistic Self-harm
Darkness cleared, and vision slowly returned. There was a magical density to the air, on this side of the portal, that was missing in the real world. Its taste was, just like on the other side, similar and yet different from the magic the surrounded Tryte. If Albert had to guess, this was an astral event of some sort, but it was not connected to whatever dimension the Lithoids inhabited.
What this meant in the grand scheme of things remained to be seen. [You have entered the mini-dungeon: Eiiri’s Warpspace.] [Due to the high magical density, your mana regeneration is increased by 100%] [Excessive mana conditions. Any magic above the current cap will be redirected to the System for later upgrades.] [Reach the core at the center of the maze to seize control of the dungeon.]
Seize control? This was interesting, because it implied that perhaps there was no need to destroy the core when he reached it. What if he could somehow steal the core of this place and use it to increase the power of the yet-to-be-deployed Quadrangle core? Wouldn’t that be awesome?
Also he needed to come up with a better name for the Quadrangle core because there was no universe where he wanted his new base to be shaped like a lopsided square.
In any case. All this required him to reach the core of this dungeon, which meant that the first thing Albert needed to do was to get his bearings. True to its name, the dungeon was utterly confusing. Albert wasn’t sure what a warpspace
was supposed to be, but by simply looking around he was kind of getting the idea.
No matter which senses he tried to enhance with the use of his skills, the place refused to give up its secrets when under scrutiny. It was like looking at a kaleidoscope, every time showing a different facet of itself, ever-changing in fractal patterns that pretended to repeat themselves but were never quite the same. There were stairs here and there, but sometimes they led to walls and at other times they hung upside-down from the ceiling.
Like an Escher space, with walls that were not solid but made of translucent crystal. Sometimes reflecting and sometimes refracting the light that hit them, at times see-through and at other times mirrors on which Albert could see a twisted image of himself.
The air was dry, sharp like the small crystalline protrusions that jutted out of the angular surfaces at all places. Every breath was like breathing in small razors, painful and tiring. The high mana density was somewhat soothing, but it also added to the heaviness of the place.
Every little discomfort was amplified tenfold. Albert was at the same time thirsty and jet-lagged, his legs ached and his stomach was upset, and his head swam under the assault of so much light and confusing images. His visual cortex just wasn’t equipped to see what he was seeing, much less to make it make sense.
Nothing moved. Or rather, in a place where everything appeared to be moving with every little movement of the eyes, everything felt as stationary as it could be. When standing perfectly still, Albert was like frozen in a photograph of a corrupted file on a computer, looking at shards of reality and fragments of matter that didn’t belong neither in the real world nor in the oniric dreamscape of a nightmare.
After exhausting the suite of skills he could use to map the place, even if just a little, Albert decided to start exploring. He moved cautiously, careful not to slip on the shiny crystal surfaces and not to stumble upon any hard, yet concealed, edges. As he moved, his mental teleportation map slowly but surely gathered the data from his senses and organized it in a little model of the dungeon.
It showed as a place totally disconnected from the rest of the world. On a whim, Albert decided to try and see if he could teleport out. [Location unavailable. Leave the dungeon in order to be able to access normal space.] Leave… and how do I leave? [By destroying the core.] Oh, okay. Thank you system.
There were times when the stillness of a place made you think about all sorts of thoughts. Unrelated to each other, at a first glance, yet very much connected in ways that were not readily grasped by the conscious mind. Albert’s mind wandered here and there, touching upon many things he experienced in the last few days.
The place around him resonated with his thoughts. And when he eventually found himself thinking about that fateful encounter in the sewers, where he had been forced with his back against a wall, that’s when the peace of the dungeon was shattered.
The crystals felt hostile. Turning red, one after the other, vibrating in a discordant tune that pierced the ears. The air felt sharper than ever, and it was difficult to breathe as the small corridor shifted and moved about, with its walls melting and reforming in ever sharper and longer shards of crystal that encroached and threatened.
Albert found himself gasping for air. He punched the walls with his skill cranked up to max, but all that happened was that his fists hurt, and his knuckles bled. He heaved, struggling to breathe, and kicked and spasmed as the space closed around him.
He was being entombed alive. Struggling. He was not going to be trapped here.
The memory of him gutting PsyOps alive played itself over and over in his mind.
The walls encroached closer. Now his arms were almost trapped, forced in barely a few inches of space around his body, twisted in uncomfortable positions.
His legs too. His toes hurt from a kick to a particularly sharp bit of crystal, and the growths got closer and closer. Already he could feel the cold tips of the crystals poke him.
His limbs ached. All that was in his mind, alongside the sensation of warm blood on his skin, was the aching and struggle of wanting to move but being unable to.
Was the blood his, or was it a memory of when his arm was plunged deep in the warm flesh of the person he killed
And he got away with it. With killing.
He needed to move.
He couldn’t not move.
He had to.
But the crystals pushed on him with their inevitability.
He closed his eyes. Recognize thought as thought. And let it go.
His mind slowly responded to his will. Even his will being one of the many thoughts arising in his consciousness. He remembered the meditations, he remembered what Other-Albert always liked to ramble about in the skill videos.
And let it all go.
The pressure eased. Replaced by a cold absence.
Albert opened his eyes, and the walls were back where they belonged. [Mental Fortress skill level up!]
· I-II-III-IV: increased resistance to mind attacks and altered mental states.
· V: You can recognize illusions and attempts of mental manipulation, and dispel them.
Activating his healing skill to mend his bleeding legs, Albert continued on. Now with a much clearer mind, he could somewhat see beyond the illusions that were assaulting his mind. The walls were moving, yes, but not as much as before.
Even his wounds felt wrong. Like he was making them up in his head, like they were not actually there. One second they hurt and bled, the next they were only a faint memory.
Then he got an idea. A genius idea. His phone, which he had enchanted in order to practice his skill in his free time, his phone was an inanimate object and not a person. It didn’t have a mind. It was immune to illusions.
He whipped it out, turned on the camera, and looked at the screen. What he saw there was a mundane – compared to the dizzying space that his eyes were sure they were seeing – and normal crystal cave. Everywhere there were only crystals, but that was it. Sharp, dangerous but otherwise inert crystals. Which confirms the theory that what I see is mostly an illusion. I wonder if I can use Perception to look past it?
What followed was a short session of tried-and-true scientific trial and error. Albert activated [Perception], tuned to perceive all except for entropy (a facet of the skill he still needed to work on but was procrastinating due to its dangerous nature).
He looked at the world, then at the image in his phone. And he didn’t stop until what he saw with his eyes, and what the camera of his phone saw were one and the same thing. Every time tweaking the flow of mana, committing every little detail to memory.
He was a bit angry at himself for having wasted his daily use of analysis mode on Singaporean Chinese but there was no way he could have known.
Then, after longer than Albert was willing to admit, everything clicked. [Perception skill level up!]
· I: Your perception of the world is heightened.
· II: You can see magic.
· III: Your ability to hear sounds is increased by 3 times.
· IV: You can perceive nearby objects.
· V: You can perceive Entropy. Currently UNUSABLE.
· VI: (Prior conditions met) You can see past illusions passively.
Clearing a whole dungeon while only being able to see through the small screen of a phone was not a smart idea, after all. Which proved to be a good intuition, because a mere hundred meters away from where Albert was, lied in wait the first real enemy of this dungeon. First Previous
You can read the next 3 chapters right now
on Royal Road! Earth's Chosen Royal Road
My Stories Everywhere at the end of Time
My Series Earth's chosen Isekai of the Ultimate Ritualist Immense Space
submitted by lucader881
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:49 silkymitties A few suggestions for SDS (Co op, mini seasons)
Talking with a friend last year and it comes up again there's a couple of things that could really push the game up another level.
Co op is a ton of fun and the addition of ranked co op is a nice inclusion this year. It has me not really feel like playing any solo ranked. And then I thought "it would be really nice to have co op event play", like how nice would it be to pop on with a couple friends and bang out quick 3 inning games towards Mookie in this event etc?
On the mini season side, it would be nice if SDS added a toggle for 3/6/9 inning games. I'm glad ranked lets you test your starters a little longer but it sucks for offline players that unless you're going play vs CPU vs standard mlb teams you don't get the full use out of them. Adding that option would make mini seasons a lot more enjoyable personally for those who like longer games vs a more challenging lineup. I dont even care if rewards were scaled to inning length (would be nice if it were) it would also be nice when trying to bang out pitcher pxp and not have to wait several games for them to recharge to use again for 1-2 innings.
Can we as a fan base ask SDS for these changes?
submitted by silkymitties
to MLBTheShow [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:45 el_dumass PART 3, THIRD COLONY ROUND 2: Toshiro vs Jiyu Tori
| || |10:00 AM, 20-3-2019, Chichén Itzá, Yucatán, Mexico https://preview.redd.it/i3mc2hvyq9ra1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=f01b344e70d7254c16b14bbea167c75f8f78678c LET THE JUJUTSU KAISEN BEGIN!!! Toshiro submitted by el_dumass to TheCullingGames [link] [comments]
[Appearance & Personality]
Toshiro is a mid-thirties teacher. He has a tall build and muscled frame (5'11" and 200 lbs.). His hair is dark, shoulder-length, and pulled back in a slicked-back style. He wears dark-colored slacks and a matching suit but he pairs them with a bright buttoned-down Hawaiian shirt and running shoes, the more obnoxious the print and color the better. He has his ears pierced and stretched. His ears are currently stretched to one inch in diameter. He is a heavy smoker and carries his pack of cigarettes in the chest pocket of his suit. While fighting, he pretty much always has an unlit cigarette in hand. His personality is laid back and easy-going with an almost obnoxious level of enthusiasm towards fighting, strong opponents, and seeing his opponents grow. He can’t help but congratulate and hype up his opponents for being strong, unique, or growing in a fight. It is simply a side-effect of his job as an educator.
High intelligence (ability to find ways to counter cursed techniques with their own), High adaptability (ability to adjust to the environment quickly and use it to their advantage).
Ability to use reverse cursed techniques. Has a binding vow they use in battle (ex. Nanami's binding vow wrapped around his cleaver).
Toshiro has a banding vow called “helping hand”. This binding vow forces Toshiro to only act defensively in the first stage of the binding vow until he “teaches” his opponent three ways that they can use their own skills or curse techniques to defeat him. The more helpful the tips the more his attack power is boosted (risk vs. reward). Once the third lesson is “taught” Toshiro is able to unlock and use offensive skills at a boosted level.
With reverse cursed technique Toshiro is able to heal himself efficiently, even mid-battle. Toshiro is also able to use reverse cursed technique in an offensive/defensive manner because he can insert his reverse curse technique into his opponent's attack to disrupt and neutralize their technique.
[Cursed Technique & Applications]
The cursed technique is "empowered educator” and it allows him to enhance attributes that relate to his career as a teacher.
· "Thick Skin
" is a defensive technique that allows Toshiro to minimize incoming damage by fortifying his body with cursed energy. This technique is essential to Toshiro as it gives him time to analyze his opponents and set himself up with boosted attack power via his binding vow, “helping hand”. It also allows for setting up his domain expansion “Killer Classroom” in a more effective manner.
· "Quick Study
" is a cursed technique in which Toshiro directs cursed energy at his brain to analyze his opponents and the environment. This also helps him battle plan more efficiently while fighting. This allows him to amplify his processing speed to about 2x normal human levels if used in tandem with other techniques.
· "Harsh Critique
" is an offensive cursed technique that allows Toshiro to attack his opponent psychologically mid-battle through a verbal critique of their skills, motivations, or techniques. The more accurate the critique the stronger the attack. If this attack is used multiple times in a battle each attack is 50% less effective than the previous attack. This attack has little or no effect to opponents who are too prideful, or dumb to care about critiques. It also has little to no effect on someone if they can actively acknowledge that the flaw exists.
· "Discerning Vision
" is a cursed technique that allows Toshiro to enhance his vision to pick up patterns in his opponent's movements and identify weak spots in their techniques, physical body, and/or domains. This gives Toshiro a slight edge in exploiting loopholes and figuring out his opponent’s cursed technique and applications.
· “Quiet Time
” is Toshiro’s most powerful technique in which he inserts his reverse cursed technique into his opponent’s CE, to disrupt and temporarily neutralize their technique. This technique isn’t as effective as the inverted spear of heaven or the black rope, and Toshiro usually uses this as a way to set up surprise counters. He also doesn't rely on the technique as he believes all teachers and fighters shouldn't become one-trick ponies.
Toshiro's domain expansion is called "Killer Classroom". Toshiro casts his domain by lighting a cigarette and clapping his hands together, while the cigarette isn’t part of activation Toshiro does it because “it makes him look cool”. “Killer Classroom” is a barrier-less domain that grants Toshiro an extended range through a binding vow for getting rid of the barrier inherent with a regular domain expansion. The radius of the domain expansion can be increased to 100 meters (109 yards/ 328 feet) from Toshiro.
Once “Killer Classroom” is engaged Toshiro creates three rules for his “classroom” that his opponent can’t break. For example, Toshiro may make a rule such as you can’t turn to the left and then relentlessly attack from his opponent's left side. If fighting in a school he may make the rule that his opponent can’t step on any cracks in the tiles. Toshiro can also make the rule that his opponent can’t use a cursed tool or specific cursed technique.
The opponent can freely break any of the rules within the domain. However, once all three of the rules are broken Toshiro is free to activate the sure hit technique imbued in the domain “Expulsion”. When “Expulsion” is activated a giant stamp with the phrase “Expelled from School” descends from above and crushes the opponent. An opponent can freely break two of the rules as many times as they want and they will remain safe from "expulsion" as long as they don't break the third rule.
When activated the explanation and rules for “Killer Classroom” are transmitted directly into the brain of Toshiro's opponents.
Toshiro loves to fight and relies on his intellect and high adaptability to win. His goal is to give himself the biggest challenge to overcome, hence the reason his binding vow has him teach his opponents before he is able to attack. His domain expansion also reflects the fun he has in fights and his desire to challenge himself and his creativity. He often tries to find inventive ways to utilize his domain expansion and binding vow “Helping Hand”. He thinks strategically and will often try to time using “helping hand” and “killer classroom” in ways that shift the tide of a battle in his favor.
VS Jiyu Tori
[Appearance & Personality]
Height: 6’1” (185cm)
Hair: Dark grey medium length and wavy
Eyes: Pale blue
Clothes: Go to outfit: Bomber Jacket with a workout top and sweatpants.
Accessories: tinted Aviator sunglasses.
High stamina (ability to continue higher amounts of physical output without tiring), High adaptability (ability to adjust to the environment quickly and use it to their advantage)
Ability to cast a simple domain, Immense cursed energy supply.
[Cursed Technique & Applications] Fujin:
Allows Jiyu to control all sorts of wind and air pressure.
· Use air pressure to increase speed and power of punches and kicks as well as add a projectile to normal attacks (Kazegiri).
· Use wind generated by opponents’ attacks defensively by manipulating the direction of the attack or creating a cushion in between Jiyu and the attack (Kazeguruma).
· Can create pulling and pushing wind currents to control enemy spacing.
· Can manipulate the air pressure to create situations that are easier or harder to breathe in.
· Can condense air pressure under Jiyu’s feet to allow him to walk on air
[Domain Expansion] Harikēn ribenji
Has a small 5 meter radius in the center or the domain where Jiyu opens the domain where no wind blows and has layered gale winds increasing in power the further away from the center they are. The layers of winds alternate in directions they travel to shred people that pass through the different layers or send them hurling through the domain to its edges and get ground against the wall and the wind currents.
Kazegiri (Name of the technique included above) can be blunt or sharp at his discretion. Average damage is about Megumi’s Totality Kon.
Kazeguruma has a limit to what it can influence or stop. Low to medium caliber bullets, projectiles such as Kamo’s arrows and attacks from Nobara’s hammer are easy to stop or redirect back at the attack. Higher power hits such as a black flash, attacks from Blood manipulation flowing red scale can force their way through the redirection.
After analyzing this matchup, place your vote on who you think will win this round! View Poll
2023.04.01 14:43 AntonBrakhage Gisele Fetterman describes being subject to misogynistic attacks and the narrative of "the 'Power Hungry' Woman".
"Politics can require living the worst moments of your life in public.
About a month ago, my husband John checked into Water Reed to seek treatment for clinical depression. In an instant, our world-already closely monitored, highly scrutinized, and heavily trolled by right-wing extremists-exploded.
Media trucks circled our front yard. Our kids were home from school, hurting. So I did the first thing I could think to do: Packed them in the car and drove.
On the banks of Niagara Falls, we talked about flexibility, open hearts, and open minds. We talked about how joy, love, and fun can-and must-coexist with pain and heartbreak. We talked about doing scary things while remaining gentle with ourselves and with each other. We also talked about how incredibly brave their father's actions were.
I'm so glad we had that time together to process this difficult moment as a family. Especially because, while we didn't know it yet, another storm was brewing.
From the moment John shared his news, vicious attacks started pouring in. John suffered a stroke during his Senate campaign, so I already knew how cruel people could be about judging someone's health and using it as a weapon. But I'll admit, I was surprised to find that this time the vast majority of the harassment wasn't directed toward John-but at me.
On social media, people accused me of kidnapping the kids and running away to Canada. They promoted conspiracy theories claiming I was an ambitious, power hungry wife, secretly plotting to fill his Senate seat. It was all so wildly preposterous.
Soon enough, what started on the extreme fringe worked its way into the right-wing media: Candace Owens called me an "absolute monster" on Fox News. A Washington Examiner
column claimed I was failing my husband. Threats against me and my family multiple in frequency, volume, and severity, including active threats of harm.
To say these attacks frighten me and my children would be a grave understatement. But at the same time, I've been dealing with a version of this for several years now. As soon as John's political profile began to grow, I started receiving hate mail-ten times more than John ever got himself.
Back then, he was the mayor of Braddock, a small town outside of Pittsburgh that we still call home today. I hadn't sought an office of any kind, and I had never wanted to be in the public eye; in fact, that's the last thing Id want. While I've dedicated my professional life to non-profit work and community support, pursuing change as a politician is something I would never do. I've always preferred serving others as a private citizen and have no interest in the politicking of policy.
But the politically-motivated attacks continue to flood my life, I've been called a "mail-order bride," and some have even asked John: "Where did you buy her?" They told me to go back to my country and criticized my immigration journey from Brazil, even after receiving my green card in 2004 and official U.S. citizenship in 2009. They have even criticized my appearance, often going after my eyebrows and hair.
From our days in Braddock to our most recent journey to Washington, D.C., attacks on my character and physical appearance have always
been about control.
They're the same attacks levelled at Meghan Markle, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Jill Biden-my apparent competitors for "worst wife in America." They echo the dehumanizing bullying that women like Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama have faced for decades.
And they leave women shouldering a heavier side of the blame, no matter what we do.
To hear my critics tell it, it's my fault that John ran for Senate. It's my fault that he won. It's my fault that he had a stroke, and it's my fault that he's depressed. And somehow, at the same time, I'm just a wife who should stay at home and out of the public eye.
As much as I try to block them out, these attacks are really exhausting. Some days I just feel drained and have to let it out in a good cry. Even more, I worry about the millions of women who hear these attacks on TV and social media and then internalize these myths in their own lives.
In those moments, I try to focus on what's important: my family, my community. I remind myself that I can only value the opinions of those who are willing to treat me with basic dignity and respect.
And here's the thing-to paraphrase Connie Schultz, who wrote about her experience being reduced to a politician's spouse in her memoir, ...and His Lovely Wife
: I am not my husband's career.
A healthy, loving relationship is about supporting your partner's dreams, not controlling them. I would never stop John from pursuing an ideal, just like he could never stop me-even if he wasn't crazy about the idea at first, like when I told him I was going to be running into fires.
Hate is a lot like fire. If you don't control it, it spreads.
For every baseless allegation, there are millions of young women being taught to internalize blame for everything-even int he worst moments of their lives. This misogyny affects everything they do. It spreads in the classroom, at the dinner table, and of course, on social media.
It's no wonder, then, that nearly 60 percent of teen girls report feeling persistently sad and hopeless, a record high mental health crisis of young women across the nation. Perhaps they've already been blamed for being too smart or too funny or too sexy or too loud or too quiet, too ambitious, too "cold," too physically unideal. Perhaps they've been unfairly blamed for the actions of the men in their lives.
That's not the future I want for my daughter. I want her to feel fiercely independent and free. Like a full person with the world at her fingertips, unlimited by misogyny and hate.
Maybe that sounds too idealistic. You wouldn't be the first person to say so. When our family first started getting national attention, a lot of people told me I'd have to grow a thicker skin. They said I should toughen up.
Well, I don't want a thicker skin. I like my big feelings; the ability to feel so deeply is beautiful. My empathy drives my career and provides me with purpose and hope.
When we demand that women steel themselves in the face of unending attacks, we teach the next generation to normalize and accept harassment. In the end, it only puts the blame on women once again; telling us to toughen up or ignore it reasserts the idea that we need to accept when we're treated poorly, instead of questioning why society permits abusive behaviour. It makes us feel like we're the problem for feeling pain when we're held over a live fire.
Try as we may, we can't fight fire with fire. We can't out-hate a force set on denying our essential humanity. And even if I could, I wouldn't want to carry that torch.
What we can do is continue to live with love every day. To show gentleness and compassion to everyone, including ourselves. To reject their venom wholesale, and be wholly, independently who we're meant to and want to be.
Because we are enough-exactly as we are."
I do have one main criticism of this article, which is that she didn't make the obvious connection and include Amber Heard in her list of women who have been targeted in this way. She lists several other examples of prominent women who have been attacked and blamed for their husband's problems, not just in politics but also in the "entertainment industry", which makes leaving out perhaps the single biggest and most obvious example of that in recent years feel fairly pointed. I don't know her feelings on the case-perhaps she was concerned about drawing more attacks from trolls, or making people less receptive to what she's saying, if she mentioned Heard-but I do feel that it weakens the OpEd's message somewhat.
That said, I felt that much of what she wrote spoke to what we saw in the Amber Heard case: the misogynist conspiracy theories and attacks, a woman being blamed for her husband's problems, the narrative of the scheming, ambitious woman, the way Right-wing media grabs onto and amplifies the attacks, and the emotional toll that takes on both the woman in question, and everyone around them. It also made me think of what Amber's child will have to go through as she gets older, starts using social media, and inevitable runs into what many people say about them. As well as the effect this has on other women and how they may internalize misogyny (the statistic re girls' mental health was one I was unaware of, and highly alarming). Even her remark about how a loving relationship means supporting your partner's dreams, not controlling them, addresses Depp's jealousy and efforts to control Amber's career, social life, and body.
I also saw parallels between her approach to dealing with these people, to respond with compassion and with living her life rather than anger and hate, and Amber's response, for example saying that she doesn't blame the jury.
submitted by AntonBrakhage
to DeppDelusion [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:13 CustomFighter2 Bloons TD 6 - Update Notes! Version 36.0
| || | submitted by CustomFighter2 to btd6 [link] [comments]
Bloons TD 6 v36.0 - Update Notes!
Hello and welcome! We decided to release the balance notes a little ahead of time! Enjoy! Update video: https://youtu.be/_Nq4f9n2vdU
Key New Features
- New Tower - Mr Beast Handler
- chomp, rawr, kakaw!
- So much to say about this tower, but mainly we so hope you enjoy it!
- The first never before seen tower to join the BTD universe since the Druid and Alchemist at launch almost 5 years ago.
- This tower plays and gains power in a completely unique way, and there are intentional tradeoffs along the way - you need to choose the right time to Merge beasts or just like any other tower whether more separate and lower-power beasts are situationally better.
- This is a Support class tower, so seeing how it works with your favorite builds is part of the fun.
- BTW making cool-looking giant beasts pop Bloons has been pretty awesome, even though it took us twice as long as expected. Thanks for your patience!!!
- Quests! Quests are self-contained challenges with their own special rules, difficulty, and unlock requirements. Patch joins the main menu and acts as the entry point for the Quest system. The intent along with fun gameplay is to sprinkle more story into the game, teaching certain strategies, introducing game modes, trying out items before unlocking them, as well as being a place for us to experiment with new mechanics. Did someone say special missions? No we didn’t say that for 36, but definitely downstream.
- With the launch of the Quests system we have 3 beginner Quests aimed towards newer players. In future updates we will expand this with mid-rank, high rank, and expert level Quests that will introduce higher level ideas and challenges.
- Beast Handler Quest - The Dartling Gunner unlocks via a basic pop target objective, but this was a simple system and had nothing to do with the tower itself. To unlock the Beast Handler with this update, rank 40+ players will take on a short adventure using the lower tiers of this tower.
- Race Introduction - When Races unlock at rank 20, they can be quite an intimidating system to start learning. Now rank 20+ players will be able to access their first persistent race, available from the Quest menu. This is a short introduction aimed at new players, or players new to Races. More challenging Race Quests will be added in the future.
- Quincy’s Trial - All players start the game with Quincy available, and now from the Quest menu or from Quincy's profile on the Hero menu players will be able to engage in a short mission showcasing his strengths, like missing pink bloons
- New Map - Polyphemus
- No, Lotus Island was never going to be the only stop on that epic journey
- Your next adventure is Polyphemus, whose one great eye closes over any towers in its site. Never fear, unlike Monkdyseus, your crew is not dead, just out of play until you can open the eye again.
- Another one made with challenges in mind, and yes, we’ll look for other uses for this mechanic in the future.
- New Achievements - a simple intro to quests with: Side Quest, World League Training
- New Trophy Store Items
- Monkeys: Tack Shooter Hedgehog pet, Village - Philippines Flag, Village - Trans Flag
- Bloons: Lobster BFB skin, true camo DDT skin, suspicious visor
- Game & UI: Avatar73 - Necromancer, Avatar74 - Darts, Avatar75 - Gravelord Lych, Avatar76 - Sun Hat Adora
- Competition Winning items
- Banner29 - community banner by ratcrunch - Avatar of Darkness
- Limited Time only
- Alchemist Flower splash projectiles, Banner29 - Blossom Temple
- New CT Team Store items
- Base Props: Dino Spring Egg, Cake Baker Monkey
- Icons: Overclocked Icon, Choc Bunny icon
- Frames: Bloon From The Dead frame, Flower Burst frame
Game Changes / Additions
- Reworked towers with secondary attack target options to use a smaller icon for this target that is no longer linked to the target priority display. We apologize to the players who were comfortable with the “buttonized” target priorities, but many players were confused by that implementation, so we’re hoping this is a better, clearer UI for all.
- Added option to enter Races with Monkey Money even if Race Passes are owned
Bug Fixes & General Changes Boomerang Monkey
- 5xx Glaive Lord and Glaive Dominus Rotating Glaives now visually change direction with the change hand targeting
- can now be purchased in Deflation and CHIMPS (they still will not make money)
- gains a pop count display and pop count now properly appears on Named Monkey records
- 420, 520, 024, and 025 Farm; fixed bug where the More Valuable Bananas MK was not being used when buffed by a xx4 Village
- x3x Monkey Bank and above can withdraw using the 'Change Targeting' hotkey and withdraw all using the 'Reverse Change Targeting' hotkey
- x4x IMF Loan and above can deposit using the 'Monkey Special' hotkey
- fixed bug where blown back bloons were not filling up Wall of Trees
- pop count now properly appears on Named Monkey records
Balance Changes Boomerang Monkey
Even with the previous buffs, MOAR Glaives performs poorly in comparison to other cleanup towers and Glaive Lord still struggles against fortified ceramics in the late game.
- 4xx MOAR Glaives applies a weaker shred status to the first target hit that deals 3 moab damage every 1s for 15s
- 402 MOAR Glaives gains bonus damage to MOABs +1
- 5xx Glaive Lord main attack gains bonus to fortified +2
- 5xx Glaive Lord Rotating Glaives bonus to fortified increased 2 > 4
- 5xx Glaive Lord Rotating Glaives pierce increased 80 > 160
What was once a bug is back as a feature to help its reliability as a decamo option.
- 4xx Embrittlement gains a separate larger decamo radius (similar to Signal Flare) and can decamo whites and zebras
Despite being purported as a ceramic counter, Bloon Liquefier is terrible at dealing with large groups even with the middle crosspath and as such makes for a poor saveup to The Bloon Solver. Continuing from the changes from last update, we are giving it Relentless Glue's old behavior to help it better deal with crowds, and providing more crosspath interactions for the blobs as promised. Glue Strike and Storm are also getting some reworks to make bottom crosspath more usable.
- 4xx Bloon Liquefier upon destroying a Bloon now drops blobs of glue on the track that deal 1 pierce of 0 damage and applies the glue status to whatever hits it
- 5xx The Bloon Solver glue blobs damage 20 > 15
- 5xx The Bloon Solver glue blobs lifetime 5s > 7.5s
- 510 The Bloon Solver glue blobs pierce 1 > 2
- 520 The Bloon Solver glue blobs pierce 1 > 5
- 501 The Bloon Solver glue blobs lifetime 5s > 10s
- x4x Glue Strike ability can now hit MOAB-class bloons without Corrosive Glue
- x4x Glue Strike ability no longer weakens lead bloons
- x4x Glue Strike ability bonus damage taken while glued reduced 2 > 1
- 240 Glue Strike ability remains able to weaken lead bloons
- 240 Glue Strike ability bonus damage taken while glued remains at 2
Giving more utility to the underutilized crosspaths.
- 402 Aircraft Carrier aircraft missiles damage type Explosive > Normal
- 502 Carrier Flagship buff grants camo detection and applies to towers placed on its decks
- 203 Merchantman end of round income 200 > 240
- 204 Favored Trades sellback buff +10% -> +12%
- 204 Favored Trades end of round income 500 > 600
- 205 Trade Empire buff to xx3 limit increased 20 > 24
- 205 Trade Empire end of round income 800 > 960
Toning back our last change to Neva-Miss, because it seems to have fallen off too much.
- xx3 Neva-Miss Targeting price reduced from $2800 > $2400
Heli's MOAB Shove doesn't scale with higher tiers so additions have been made to the mini Comanches.
- xx4 Comanche Defense minis gain a weaker MOAB Shove effect (50% compared to main heli)
- xx5 Comanche Defense minis gain the full MOAB Shove effect
Adapted from a change in Battles 2. We'll see how well it works locked to a upgrade instead of being a base tower feature. Plus giving Burny Stuff more love to make a more competitive crosspath choice for middle path.
- xx1 Increased Accuracy adds 'Follow Touch' targeting option (hotkey: Shift + Tab)
- 032 Heavy Shells allows burn from this tower to tic three times as fast (also expires three times as fast) and the burn inherits the bonus damages of the main attack
Currently you need to give and remove an external range buff to reset zombie targeting. Automatic targeting for Wall of Fire refers to its old behavior prior to v33.0, where it would follow the tower's targeting priority if bloons were in range. We are also giving Arcane Blast more crosspath interactions and fixing Archmage's Dragon's Breath's range.
- 5xx Archmage Dragon's Breath attack now matches tower's range
- 120 Wall of Fire can target the outside of the tower's range to revert targeting back to automatic
- x3x Dragon's Breath price increased $3000 > $3300
- 230 Dragon's Breath flame attack ceram bonus increased 1 > 2
- 104 Necromancer can target the zombie spawn point outside of the tower's range to revert targeting back to automatic
- 204 Necromancer zombie gains bonus to ceramic +1
Acid Pools have long been unchanged and underpowered, so these changes should give it some utility while not being a Caltrops clone. AMD currently has negative synergy with Lead to Gold's primary function, so this should solve that. The BMA change is to offset some of the money lost from the shrink attack.
- xx2 Acid Pools last +1 round, main potion attack drops Acid Pools on impact unless pierce-capped
- xx3 Lead to Gold Acid Pools can hit camo
- 203 Lead to Gold AMD-buffed towers also grant the $50 cash bonus when popping leads
- 023 Lead to Gold attacking DDTs weakens them (like Glue Strike ability) and generates the $50 cash bonus
- 204 Rubber to Gold AMD-buffed towers get the income bonus when attacking
- 024 Rubber to Gold gains +100% income bonus on fortified MOABs
- xx5 BMA shrink potions transforms targets into leads
Heart of Thunder was previously buffed to scale better with higher tiers, but middle path was overlooked back then.
- 240 Jungle's Bounty (HoT) bonus damage to MOABs +2
- 250 Spirit of the Forest (HoT) damage increased 2 > 10
- 250 Spirit of the Forest (HoT) bonus damage to MOABs +4
Giving top path reasons to go for bottom crosspath, more consistency with the middle path, and a quality of life change that lazy farmers everywhere will enjoy.
- x4x IMF Loan and x5x Monkey-nomics ability income will now increase with external buffs
- xx1 EZ Collect bananas can be autocollected by 041 Druids
- xx2 Banana Salvage uncollected bananas now explode and leave banana peels that blow back bloons upon expiry. Explosions deal damage equal to their monetary value and have 20 pierce. Banana peels have pierce equal to their monetary value and lifetime equal to that of the generated bananas (money is still collected like before). If autocollected by 042 Druids, the bananas can be harvested for their full monetary value and still explode and leave peels. It also becomes able to take Alchemist buffs.
- xx5 Monkey Wall Street autocollect range now matches the tower range and can be affected by external range buffs (including Alchemist)
While Perma-Spike is already a popular and strong option, we felt this change will be a much-appreciated quality of life improvement. To offset this, we are also increasing the prices.
- xx2 Smart Spikes gains a target selection point which can override the regular targeting options using the 'Monkey Special' hotkey
- xx5 Perma-Spike price increased $30000 > $33000
Ever since Monkeyopolis's nerf put it out of the farming meta, there remains little point in making one. This rework should make it more valuable to use again.
- xx5 Monkeyopolis income generated exactly matches the sacrificed farms and income collection method is based on most invested farm type:
- top path & base farms: generates crates (current behavior)
- middle path farms: generates income and interest in a bank balance equal to sacrificed banks' capacities
- bottom path farms: autocollects income
T4 Farm effects like the Banana Central BRF buff, bank deposits and IMF Loan abilities, and Merchantman buffs do not transfer. Engineer Monkey
The Pin effect is currently underpowered on Sentry Champion, so these changes should help its case without being overpowering. Cleansing Foam's Sentries can currently decamo, though it is rarely useful because they need external support to even see them in the first place.
- 502 Sentry Champion sentries can pin ceramics
- 502 Sentry Champion sentries can pin MOAB-class bloons when exploding
- 130 Cleansing Foam sentries can see camo
- Master Builder's Green Sentry Paragon can now be locked
With the rework to secondary attack target options, we can now give Obyn the ability to target all of his items individually. No idea how to meaningfully buff him though.
- Lv3 Brambles gains a target selection point
- Lv4 Nature's Ward Totem gains a target selection point
How is this not a thing yet?
- Lv7 Bloon Trojan now follows Target Priority
I just think it would be neat. I have no idea what the ramifications this would have on the game balance.
If you made it all the way to end, thanks for reading! I am not affiliated with NK; this is simply a collection of my ideas for balance changes with a little April Fool's flair. It was also interesting looking back at previous path notes and trying to replicate NK's writing styles.
- items unlocked between Lv1 and Lv15 can now receive discounts from xx1 and xx2 Villages
- all items can now receive discounts from Sun Temples and True Sun Gods.
2023.04.01 14:12 SCzero3 Lutron Caseta switch to lamps
We are in the process of buying a house and I am excited to start upgrading and turning the house into a smart house. We currently have some smart devices set up in our apartment that we will be converting over Duong the move.
Anyway, I've been researching Lutron Caseta Diva dimmer switches and plan on installing a few throughout the house and would like to install in all the bedrooms. However, all the switches in the bedrooms control an outlet. Do dimmer switches work with outlets? Or are they mainly for hardwired lighting.
We currently have Hue bulbs in our bed side table lamps that we light to dim at night. I am hoping for a more accessible way to dim the lights while laying in bed and not have to pull out our phones or yell across the house to Alexa. Any other suggestions?
submitted by SCzero3
to smarthome [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:08 alleybetwixt This Week In KPOP - April 1, 2023
Welcome to This Week In KPOP
, a collection of everything you may have missed during the past week on kpop
March 25, 2023 - March 31, 2023
TOP 10 STORIES
TOP 10 PERFORMANCES
TOP DISCUSSIONS / FEATURES
submitted by alleybetwixt
to kpop [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:06 S4stalavista About Deciding on a Career Path (and a bit more)
My question is basically how to decide on a career path, but the post will be a bit long as my background is not very ordinary. I’d appreciate any advise.
I’m (27 M) a 3rd-year(3/4) computer science student from Turkey. I did a detour of studying medicine before this, so I’m officially an M.D. but am not practicing medicine. I’m studying and working as an intern at a very small company doing data engineering for the last few weeks now. I want to move to Europe after graduating next year (maybe US too) if my country doesn't show any sign of improvement.
I studied medicine because my parents kind of pushed me into it. Few months before graduating I realized I managed to get through university, but I wasn’t gonna be happy and would have to "get through my entire career" if I continued on this path. So I decided to wait a few more months to get the degree and do what I would have done 6 years earlier. Follow something I’m (kind of) passionate about: problem solving, math, computers(spending time looking at a computer screen). I knew nothing more than an average person before starting computer science. I tried learning python by reading an endless blog during med school once. Couldn’t figure out how to stop my while true loop and left it there to study cell biology I completely forgot about now.
Right now I’m still quite far from being competent in any branch of computer science. I’m a decent student. I’m very responsible, have a relatively high GPA and still am kind of smart. But I definitely don’t feel like I did in my prime years of learning. For some of it I blame med school. Since I didn’t like it I just tried to memorize and pass the exams. So I ended up getting dumber and lazier over the years. I forgot most of the math I knew and I’m still not as good as I used to be 10 years ago in high school. The rest is all me as I’m refreshing my social media most of the day and can’t get focused on anything unless I’m trying to automate something in a few hours that takes me 2 seconds a day.
No matter what, I’m loving computer science and am really glad I started doing this. However, as you might have understood, I’m not very good at letting things go. I couldn’t even quit med school. Now I’m having the same issue with where I want to go with my future career. I “feel like” SWE jobs won’t be very safe from the AI, but I enjoyed my few small projects. I’m kind of into data science and machine learning as there are numbers and I still love numbers, even though I’m not great with them. Finally, I’m learning computer networks this semester and kind of enjoying the assignments so far. I’ll definitely take a cybersecurity course next semester, but other than that I never even used Linux and my knowledge level is watching Mr. Robot if that counts for anything.
I wanna “catch ‘em all” and not give up on anything(*) but doesn’t seem realistic or necessary and I’m aware I need to decide before too late as my internships start shaping my career already. Cybersecurity and AI/ML internships are not very easy to come by and unless you have an internship or some serious experience the few positions are very unlikely to hire you as a junior. Initially I was waiting to be taught what I need to learn. Then I realized it won't work this way and I have to practice a lot and trial & error will teach me the most of it. But then I had an exchange semester and an internship that I only wrote a few unit tests.
The Question / TLDR: I'm a bit indecisive and don't have a lot of time to choose between the fields I'm most interested in. So what would you say that I MUST know or experience about each field(cybersecurity, SWE, AI/ML) or in general before deciding on one of the career paths and following it? I'm gonna be 28 when I graduate so I don't really want to continue for an MSc.
Sorry for the long post. I wanted to give a proper background and convey my feelings. I read a few posts about physicians considering switching careers, I can also try answering your questions if you have any.
P.S.: I had some interviews with companies doing medical stuff but they are all reading and writing medical papers nonstop. I’d have been a professor if I wanted to do that. So unless I can focus mostly on the programming side I don’t really want a job like that (that is unless you want to pay me a lot of money).
(*) “I saw my life branching out before me like the green fig tree in the story. From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked. One fig was a husband and a happy home and children, and another fig was a famous poet and another fig was a brilliant professor, and another fig was Ee Gee, the amazing editor, and another fig was Europe and Africa and South America, and another fig was Constantin and Socrates and Attila and a pack of other lovers with queer names and offbeat professions, and another fig was an Olympic lady crew champion, and beyond and above these figs were many more figs I couldn't quite make out. I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet.” - Sylvia Plath
submitted by S4stalavista
to cscareerquestions [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:05 EurekaStockade Right on schedule--Media reporting Solar Superstorm acitivity--warning about possibly affecting Earth's Power Grids
30 March--Media reporting Solar super storm activity Solar Storm Caused By Huge Coronal Hole 20-30 Times Earth's Size Could Hit The Planet On Friday (abplive.com)
28 March--NASA reports a strong solar flare which peaked at 10:33pm= 133 Strong Solar Flare Erupts from Sun – Solar Cycle 25 (nasa.gov)
24 March--they reported the Earth was hit by the most powerful solar storm in 6 years Strongest solar storm in nearly 6 years slams into Earth Space
12 March --there was a massive solar mass eruption at predictably--11:36 pm= 11/9
133 days before 23 July--Neptunalia A Powerful Solar Eruption on Far Side of Sun Still Impacted Earth – The Sun Spot (nasa.gov)
23 July 2012-- there was a powerful solar super storm
These events are supposed to occur every 11 years
So scientists predict another solar superstorm for 23 July 2023
On 14 October there will be an annular solar eclipse--where the moon doesnt totally block out the sun but leaves a ring of light--this 'ring of fire' will be seen from Oregon to Texas to South America
Ring of Fire also suggests the Pacific Ring of Fire Volcanic activity zone
14 October is the date I predict China vs Taiwan War RING OF FIRE ANNULAR SOLAR ECLIPSE= 322
(20 April--Total solar eclipse on Hitler's birthday
6 May-- Lunar Eclipse--King Charles Coronation)
Lots of articles have been written about a potential Carrington Event--
which is supposedly a catastrophic geomagnetic storm that will short the electricity grid
The solar maximum period is due to peak in July 2025
2025 is also the end of the 8 year Dow Super Boom predicted in this article 'Super boom' will push Dow over 38,000, Hirsch predicts - InvestmentNews
But before they can hit us with a Fake Solar Superstorm Blackout-- they have to lay the groundwork with some Global Internet Outages blamed on solar flares
Becos even though optical fibres arent affected by geomagnetic currents--the undersea cables using repeaters to boost signals--apparently ARE affected by geomagnetic storms
Disrupting navigation may even cause ships to collide
in 2017 there were 2 incidents involving US Navy ships colliding 'accidentally' with commercial vessels in the Sea of Japan
So maybe a Naval incident in the South China sea can be blamed on Solar Flares 2023 NAVIGATION OUTAGE SEA DISASTER= 119
CYBER POLYGON= 157
GLOBAL INTERNET OUTAGE= 223
CYBER POLYGON EVENT= 223
Neptune/ Poseidon-- God of the Sea & Earthquakes/Tsunami
55 months after Anak Krakatoa erupted on 22 Dec 2018 triggering a deadly tsunami
VOLCANO ERUPTS= 55
RING OF FIRE= 55
26 July= 223 months
after the devastating quake -induced tsunami that killed over 230,000 people in Indonesia on 26 Dec 2004
30 July= 66 weeks after Anak Krakatoa erupted last year on 24 April
QUAKE-TRIGGERED TSUNAMI= 322
ANAK KRAKATOA ERUPTION= 223
SOLAR SUPERSTORM= 229
SAN FRANCISCO EARTHQUAKE= 229
submitted by EurekaStockade
to conspiracy [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:00 randomnickname6 I'm so done with this
Hi internet strangers!
I've been struggling with BED since I was 16 years old. It's been on and off, sometimes also being bulimic. I've been doing so well in the past year, being stable, healthy, working out. I looked great.
However in the last few months I had a lot of stress and BED came back with a full force. No matter how hard I try, I fail time after time. After every binge i promise myself I'll never do it again. I come up with new diet plans. Nothing works. Adding to that now I have problem with drinking as well. I've gained so much weight I can't even look at myself in the mirror. All my clothes are getting tight.
I've contacted doctor to get some help and BED was completely ignored. She recommended treatment for depression, which is understandable..however it is BED and drinking that's causing me an enormous amount of anxiety. I can't solve the depression problem without solving BED, I won't be happy as long as I'm gaining weight and wasting away all the hard work from the last year.
So I've done some research and I got a private prescription for Contrave.
I understand that this is a mild antidepressant, which reduces appetite and helps to reduce obsessive thoughta regarding food and other behaviours such as drinking (I need this one), smoking (that would be nice) and opioid usage (not an issue for me).
I hope it will work. BED and worrying about my weight occupies so much space in my brain I just can't wait to see who I'll become without it. Food obsession is always there, it's a like rock in my shoe - I can walk with it but I'm painfully aware of its existence every step of the way. I want to experience how it is to be normal.
I'm a bit ashamed of using drugs as a crutch, I should be strong and smart enough to deal with this on my own. However I came to the point where I understand I can't deal with this on my own. This is addiction, an obsession and I need help.
I hope that side effects won't be too terrible.
So for the next 30 days (assuming the drug will work on me):
-zero sugar. It has terrible effects on me
- light work outs 4 times a week
- no binging
- reasonable, healthy diet
Wish me luck!
submitted by randomnickname6
to BingeEatingDisorder [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 14:00 Noskyofficial [HIRING] 20 Jobs in San Antonio Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in san antonio. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by Noskyofficial
to SanAntonioJobsForAll [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 13:54 alexrider50000 Love that Dota and the Overwatch system promotes and rewards being in Majority.
Just love it. Love that a party of 3 or 4 people playing can just report a solo player for having his opinion, and thoughts on how to play the game to win. Doesn't matter what role,rank,region you play. Overwatch giving me an instant ban, for , if I may ask, griefing!? Is it really griefing, I wish to ask.
Context:Me playing solo, teammates playing in a party with members being in Majority. Our side is losing hard, and we are just getting kills here and there. I ping and chat to ask for a pickoff on their mid split-pushing. Only a certain amount of coordination and we can get that quick kill and out.
They ignore it, say fuck off. Go to fight random 3v3, and 1v1 on the map split up, and we end up all dying. As u can tell, subsequently this decision lost us the game. They start hurling abuses at me, calling me noob, trash, stupid etc, even tipping and all chatting.
The party of these toxic players with no ability to accept other players can have their own decision making process, which can be sometimes better, if u just freaking listen. No, but their ego is high, as they are in majority. They proceed to call me out and saying report me, and I get an instant ban after the game in overwatch.
So much fun, love the system being an absolute joke in times like this. Bully the solo players, force your own playstyle, disregard all other possible ways to play. And if it occurs, report and bully the solo player. It eventually gets to you at some point. Not the toxicity, but the ability to be so, and the lone one being punished for it. Nice repercussions, the perpeted 'overwatch' system. Seen as the saviour in such times.
That's my rant, thanks for either reading, or abusing me in the comments. Off to clearing my LP, wish me luck.
submitted by alexrider50000
to DotA2 [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 13:48 kolargach ABOUT CHAINGAMING X
Experience the future of competitive gaming today. Our platform, fully decentralized and democratized, will foster direct connections between players. People on the other side of the world, through ChainGamingX, can use cryptocurrency for entries into matches, tournaments, and leagues. In turn, our smart contracts verify winners and make distributions, of the prize pool to which all the participants have agreed.
submitted by kolargach
to Crypto_Talkers [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 13:27 newmusicrls Beatport Top 100 Downloads April 2023
https://minimalfreaks.co/2023/04/beatport-top-100-downloads-april-2023/ 100 TRACKS:
- Four Tet, Skrillex, Fred again.. – Baby again.. (Original Mix) 05:20 127bpm G
- GENESI (ITA) – Everything You Have Done (Meduza Edit Extended) 05:39 125bpm Gm
- Westend, Noizu, No/Me – Push To Start (feat. No/Me) (Original Mix) 05:31 128bpm Ebm
- MK, Dom Dolla – Rhyme Dust (Extended) 05:30 128bpm G
- Audio Bullys, Michael Bibi, KinAhau – Different Side (Original Mix) 05:32 128bpm C
- John Summit, Hayla – Where You Are (Extended Mix) 05:10 126bpm Am
- Jimi Jules – My City’s On Fire (Anyma & Cassian Extended Remix) (Original Mix) 05:12 126bpm B
- Joshwa – Bass Go Boom (Original Mix) 06:28 129bpm Am
- Future, Swedish House Mafia, Fred again.. – Turn On The Lights again.. (feat. Future) [Anyma Remix] (Extended) 05:01 126bpm Gbm
- Anyma (ofc) – Explore Your Future (Extended Version) 05:09 124bpm E
- Jamie Jones – Lose My Mind (Extended Mix) 07:00 124bpm Eb
- Larse – A Part Of (Riva Starr Extended Saturn Mix) 05:47 126bpm Dm
- Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding – Miracle (Original Mix) 04:55 143bpm Dbm
- Bart Skils – Roll the Dice (Original Mix) 06:08 132bpm F
- Chris Avantgarde, Anyma (ofc) – Eternity (Extended Mix) 05:20 125bpm Cm
- Andrew Meller – Born Slippy (Luca Morris Extended Remix) 06:40 130bpm Gb
- Adriatique, Eynka – Beyond Us (Hatshepsut Extended Version) 05:23 126bpm Fm
- Joshwa – Magalenha (Extended Mix) 06:30 128bpm Am
- Claptone – Euphoria (Extended Mix) 05:24 125bpm Am
- Enrico Sangiuliano, Charlotte de Witte – Reflection (Original Mix) 06:46 134bpm Em
- Vintage Culture, Meca, Bhaskar, The Vic – Tina (Extended) 05:34 128bpm F
- Green Velvet, Chris Lake – Deceiver (VIP) (Extended Mix) 06:28 124bpm Em
- Solar State, Dualities – Crazy In Love feat. Gia Koka (Extended Mix) 03:31 127bpm D min
- Adam Port, Monolink – Point Of No Return (Extended Mix) 06:34 122bpm Am
- Joshwa – Supersonic (Original Mix) 06:35 129bpm A
- Fideles, CamelPhat, Be No Rain – Night After Night (CamelPhat Remix) 06:58 124bpm A
- Mau P – Gimme That Bounce (Original Mix) 05:21 126bpm Eb
- Layo & Bushwacka!, Paul Woolford – Love Story (vs Finally) (Paul Woolford 2023 Extended Remix) 05:41 132bpm Am
- Toxinate – Nope (Original Mix) 03:43 88bpm Em
- ACRAZE – Take Me Away (Extended Mix) 05:22 126bpm Ab
- Stereo Express – Rise Of The 2nd Sun (Original Mix) 07:06 124bpm C
- David Guetta, Coi Leray – Players (David Guetta Remix – Extended) 04:09 125bpm Ab
- Space 92 – Gravity (Original Mix) 06:05 132bpm G
- Anyma (ofc) – The Answer (Extended Version) 06:27 125bpm Gm
- El Chuape, Hugel, Ryan Arnold – Pa Lante (Extended Mix) 04:21 126bpm Am
- Odd Mob – LEFT TO RIGHT (Subsonic Remix) 04:05 87bpm F
- Mr. Oizo, Skrillex, Missy Elliott – RATATA (Original Mix) 02:06 124bpm D
- Polina, A’studio – SOS feat. Polina (Skylark Remix – Nic Fanciulli Extended Edit) 06:40 125bpm F
- Volen Sentir, Makebo – Alchemist (Original Mix) 08:35 123bpm C
- ANOTR, Abel Balder – Relax My Eyes (Original Mix) 06:36 132bpm Bbm
- Block & Crown, Lissat – Gimme A Bloody Mary (Original Mix) 05:24 125bpm Dbm
- Bruno Furlan – Bongoloco (Original Mix) 04:48 128bpm Gbm
- Kim English, Schak – Moving All Around (Jumpin’) (John Summit Remix) 05:33 128bpm Bbm
- Mha Iri – Never Go Back to Sleep (Original Mix) 05:50 135bpm Cm
- Eats Everything, Shezar – Get Up (Extended Mix) 06:36 127bpm F
- Turno – Killer (Original Mix) 03:40 88bpm Gbm
- Pickle – Crank That (Extended Mix) 04:40 130bpm C
- Argy, Goom Gum – Pantheon (Extended Mix) 06:22 120bpm D
- Latmun – Just Play (Original Mix) 05:44 129bpm G
- Todd Edwards, MANT – Provenance (Original Mix) 06:41 128bpm Dbm
- DJ Zinc – Super Sharp Shooter (T>I & D*Minds ‘Run In The Jungle’ Remix) 04:02 88bpm Abm
- Creeds – Push Up (Original Mix) 04:00 160bpm G
- Eli & Fur, Meduza – Pegasus (Extended Mix) 06:06 125bpm Cm
- Wax Motif, Riordan – La Samba (Original Mix) 04:27 130bpm Gm
- Nfasis, Hugel – Como Shakira (Extended Mix) 04:53 125bpm C
- Jerome Robins, Sinner & James – You’re Not Alone (Sinner & James Remix) 06:09 130bpm Gm
- Supermode, 1991 – Tell Me Why (1991 Remix) 04:04 87bpm Cm
- Denney – Lies (Gorge & Nick Curly Extended Remix) 06:10 125bpm Am
- Supermode – Tell Me Why (MEDUZA Extended Remix) 08:28 126bpm B
- David Guetta, MARTEN HØRGER – The Freaks (Extended Mix) 06:09 125bpm Em
- Nari, Steve Tosi – Stayin’ Da Club (Original Mix) 04:39 121bpm Fm
- D.O.D – Set Me Free (Extended Mix) 04:41 130bpm B
- Dateless – Geekin (Original Mix) 07:04 128bpm Gm
- Joyhauser – Wasted (Original Mix) 06:05 69bpm Am
- Layton Giordani – Life Moves Fast (Original Mix) 06:27 130bpm G
- Basstripper – Ricochet (Original Mix) 03:45 88bpm Am
- HI-LO – PURA VIDA (Wehbba Remix) 05:31 135bpm Gm
- Low Steppa – The Feeling (Original Mix) 06:52 126bpm Bb
- Oscar Barila – Miles (Original Mix) 05:04 125bpm Cm
- Bootie Brown, Tame Impala, Gorillaz – New Gold (feat. Tame Impala and Bootie Brown) (Dom Dolla Remix Extended) 06:03 127bpm Em
- Gorgon City – Voodoo (Extended Mix) 06:16 129bpm Bm
- Kevin McKay, Pupa Nas T, Denise Belfon – Work (Extended Mix) 05:48 128bpm Ebm
- Sota – Wait For Me (Original Mix) 03:07 87bpm Gbm
- Volac – Energy (Extended Mix) 05:04 127bpm A
- Dombresky – IRLY (I Really Love You) (Extended Mix) 05:23 127bpm Cm
- Martin Ikin – Oscill8 (Extended Mix) 05:16 128bpm Gb
- Darmon, Eran Hersh, BLOND:ISH, Madonna – Sorry (with Madonna) (Original Mix) 02:41 124bpm C
- Robbie Doherty – It’s My Beat (Extended Mix) 06:33 130bpm Ebm
- Yotto, Something Good – Rhythm (Of The Night) (Extended Mix) 06:36 122bpm Fm
- Benny Page, Dope Ammo, Cat Mctigue – I Need Your Loving (Bladerunner Remix) 05:36 88bpm Dbm
- TC – Tap Ho (Formula Remix) 04:18 90bpm Gb
- Eden Shalev – Papi (Bhabi) (Original Mix) 05:46 119bpm Cm
- TECH IT DEEP – Maria Maria (Extended Mix) 06:09 128bpm Dm
- Volen Sentir, Makebo – Into The Stars (Original Mix) 07:00 120bpm G
- Hannah Laing – Get Busy (Extended) 05:57 140bpm Gb
- Ryan Nichols – Insane (Extended Mix) 05:27 127bpm G
- Sub Focus, ACO – Vibration (One More Time) (Original Mix) 04:02 87bpm Cm
- Josh Wink – Higher State Of Consciousness (Damian Lazarus Re Shape) 06:12 124bpm G
- Space 92 – Cooper (Original Mix) 05:56 132bpm Ab
- Kevin de Vries – Pegasus (Original Mix) 06:52 125bpm Gm
- Yet More – Erotic Trip (Original Mix) 05:32 124bpm Em
- Jamek Ortega, JUNO (DE) – Ojos Verdes (Original Mix) 05:27 121bpm Cm
- Kanine – Take Me Up (Original Mix) 03:35 87bpm Bbm
- Ragie Ban – My Bank (Original Mix) 06:16 128bpm Gbm
- The Blessed Madonna, Fred again.. – Marea (we’ve lost dancing) (Original Mix) 04:45 123bpm Fm
- Lil Wayne, SIDEPIECE – A Milli (SIDEPIECE Extended Mix) 03:30 128bpm Ab
- Mau P – Drugs From Amsterdam (Original Mix) 05:23 125bpm Eb
- Paluma – Rapture (Kevin McKay Extended ViP) 06:07 126bpm Bbm
- Borai & Denham Audio – Make Me (Extended) 04:59 130bpm Bbm
- Francis Mercier, Idd Aziz, Nitefreak – Kamili (Extended) 06:26 120bpm Am
DOWNLOAD NiTROFLARE / FileCat SIZE 1.26GB
submitted by newmusicrls
to HypeTracks [link] [comments]