4th of july parade huntington beach
2020.06.08 11:29 kloktijd allcountriesmatter
Just to piss off Americans on the 4th of July
2016.06.09 07:09 BlistexMedex Ripley WV
Ripley🤠 Home to the original Femboy Hooters!
2011.04.27 03:04 slstudios Huntington Beach, CA
Huntington Beach, CA
2023.03.28 12:31 jookco #Breaking : Information about the recent lockdown at Huntington Beach High School and the response of law enforc... Read Story : https://countylocalnews.com/?feed_id=30403
submitted by jookco to u/jookco [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 12:27 taltos19 Episode 10 - Notebook & Almanac
TRIP #3 - JUNE ___
ALICE IS BACK AGAIN! Found her ____
Kat's room when I went over to tell Kat [...]
(Sidenote: I FINALLY GOT THE INTERNET!! And Alice tells
me it'll be HUGE in 2023... Hope she's right)
ALSO... Despite my amazingly heroic [...]
decent girls clothing stuff... ALICE REJECTED THEM! When
I saw her at Kat's, she was wearing some of Kat's clothing. At
first, I was worried she hadn't found the stack I left her by the
pond... but nope, she just plain old hated them. Nice, right??
While Alice was here, we helped Colton fix up the new boat he
just bought. He says it'll be in the water by the end of the
summer. We'll see. When I left to head home, Alice was ____
with the family. Still not fully over the fact that Kat's her MOM!
**IMPORTANT** If Alice says the internet a "big deal"...
wonder if I should convince dad to invest in... something??
**IMPORTANT** Seems like Alice's trips here are getting
pretty regular. HAVE TO DIG OUT MORE OF AUNT M'S OLD
TRIP #4 - AUGUST 24, 1999 (!!!!) 2 MONTHS LATER?
Alice says it's only been a day in her time... What?
[...] makes LEAPS forward. Does IT make the ___
[...] WHERE IT WANTS TO GO???
Alice said it was a 'panic attack' [...]
in the future... I don't get it. But I'm [...]
keep having them... even in 2023?!
FINAL THOUGHTS ON Y2K: So, the world didn't end. But what [...]
really going to look like? Please, let it be better than [...]
We need some good news in this century.
**IMPORTANT** The time between Alice's trips are getting longer. Last
time it was 2 months. Will they keep getting longer and longer. But why?
Why does the pond do this?! It has to have it's reasons. Is it teaching us
a lesson?? Who knows what it is...
*JANUARY 17, 2000*
OK... MY LAST THEORY IS SCRAPPED!!! The gaps between Alice's visits aren't
getting longer... cuz she's back already. Just when I think I might have
this pond kind of figured out... NOPE! It messes with me.
So, Alice came back.. and ended things with Nick! [...]
were starting to get really weird, these lies [...]
was going to go?! It was all kinds of weird and I'm [...]
OK, but I do feel for the guy. He's pretty upset [...]
best... on so many levels? Guess all he needs is some [...]
kind wonder how he'll remember Alice, though [...]
just move on and he'll be okay.
*FEBRUARY 20, 2000* COLTON'S FUNERAL
Alice showed up ahead of Colton's funeral... [...]
focusing on it. Feel like the world has comes crawling [...]
right since she showed up... what does that mean?
Alice arrives just ahead of the family service. Starting [...]
cruel that way... bringing her back right before something so important
and so private. I mean, I know it's her grandfather - but still he was
like a dad to me. And I just wish... I wish I'd have some time to just be alone.
Colton is gone, I still can't believe it.
The service was so surreal. Alice didn't get a chance to say anything.
Though none of us really did. Brady was there. Enough said about him.
[...] Alice will be back soon enough. Why am I starting to
wonder if that's a good thing or a bad one??
born September 2nd 1850 - September 8th, 1871
born November 3rd 1850
died April 21st 1878
Landry November 28th 1853 (L____)
December 17th 1910
__ Rose Landry (nee Gibson)
August 3rd 1839 - December 1st 1919
Landry born April 14th 1855
__ June 11th 1940
__ Albert Landry November 23rd 1859
June 11th 1940
__ Joseph Landry - born July 2? 18??
Died March 7th 1930
__ Leroy Landry May 6th 1863 ?
March 27th 1912?
Robert Jacob Landry
May 2nd 1865 October 21st 1957
Landry January 22nd, 188
Died December 15th 1947
___ ___ Landry January 3rd, 1900 (R---ssian?)
Dead on December 27th, 1979
J___ Marie Landry - April 22nd 1901 (___)
September 21st 1990
George Charles Landry, January 21st 1902
August 2 1920
Jack Albert Landry born May 9th 1902
died December 21st 1915
Kelly Landry November 19th 1902
February 4th 1985
Samuel Joseph Landry - March 19 1903
died on July 10 1968
Richard William Landry September 18th 1914
December 2nd 1971
Josephine __ Landry born October 12th 1911? (Miller?)
July 10th 1978
Colton Leroy Landry - December 7th 19?
March 20th 1942
Dorothy Landry (nee G___) March 25th 1905?
died April 14th 1979
The explorer found a home, but he still looks to the stars when he feels lost.
submitted by taltos19
to TheWayHomeHallmark [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 12:13 rukarioboy End of Service Annoucement by CrossDuelMeta
2023.03.28 11:01 thrsrryboutthis Torn between cities to go to for my working holiday
Hello! I’m from the states and looking to come to australia for my working holiday visa in june or july. It’s a little hard to plan as idk which city to go to yet.
I know a lot of people travel first before they go or they don’t stay in one city or place for long but i’m doing the more settled route as the constantly moving around isn’t my thing. Thinking doing 6 months of work in one city and the other 6 months in another and taking weekends to travel and stuff.
I want to stay in a place that is warm year round, good job opportunities in hospitality/cafes, is at the beach, and mostly safe. So i’ve been thinking cairns, byron bay, or brisbane. Which one of these should i start in? If you have other recommendations than these please let me know!
submitted by thrsrryboutthis
to australia [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 10:03 basetornado Why doesn't Australia have a Beach Soccer team?
So i know this isn't A League related, but it is related to Football in Australia.
The Beach Soccer Asian Cup has just been held, noticed Australia wasn't in it, but then I also noticed that we had only ever been in two of them, coming 4th back in 2013, plus 1 time at the World Cup in 2005. We don't even have a current world ranking.
I saw that a competition was held in 2022 by Football Queensland that listed "a potential return of the Beach Socceroos."
But does anyone know why we no longer have a team, or why we stopped sending teams in the first place? Is it simply costs?
It just seems odd for a country surrounded by great beaches to not at least have a national team.
Also just to get ahead of any "it's Football" people. It's literally called Beach Soccer by the governing bodies.
submitted by basetornado
to Aleague [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 09:35 Tampa_Metal TAMPA AREA upcoming Metal/Rock shows - Mar 27 weekly update
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Tue 28th @ Orpheum ||Fit For An Autopsy, The Acacia Strain, Full of Hell, Primitive Man |
|Tue 28th @ Jannus ||Polyphia |
|Wed 29th @ Orpheum ||Eluveitie, Omnium Gatherum, Seven Spires |
|Wed 29th @ Crowbar ||Unwritten Law, Authority Zero, Mercy Music |
|Fri 31st @ Orpheum ||Suicide Commando, 00tz 00tz |
|Fri 31st @ Born Free ||Spy, Pez, Colonial Wound, Horsewhip, Shining Wizard |
|Fri 31st @ Brass Mug ||The DOOD, Cypher Machine, Get out of Nashville, Burn Forever, Crimson Shadow, MANNA |
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Sat 1st @ Brass Mug ||Svinfylking, Warrior's Chalice, Tunnels of Set, Slutwitch, Sacrilous, Othalan |
|Sat 1st @ Orpheum ||Magnolia Park, Arrows In Action, Poptropicaslutz!, First and Forever |
|Sun 2nd @ Jannus ||Nothing More, Crown the Empire, Thousand Below |
|Sun 2nd @ Orpheum ||Free Throw, Can’t Swim, Heart to Gold, Early Humans |
|Wed 5th @ Jannus ||Lorna Shore, Shadow of Intent, Bodysnatcher, Boundaries, Brand of Sacrifice |
|Fri 7th @ Crowbar ||Lightning Bolt, Special Guests TBA |
|Fri 7th @ Conduit* ||Deicide, Three Knuckles Deep, Killing Addiction, Vacuous Depths |
|Sat 8th @ Orpheum ||Carcass, Municipal Waste, Sacred Reich, Creeping Death |
|Sun 9th @ Orpheum ||Escuela Grind, Bonginator, more TBA |
|Sun 9th @ Brass Mug ||Eyehategod, Goatwhore, More TBA |
|Mon 10th @ Orpheum ||Cold, Divide the Fall, Awake for Days, Sygnal to Noise |
|Tue 11th @ Crowbar ||Gorod, Cognitive, Summoning The Lich, Flub |
|Wed 12th @ Crowbar ||Speed, Kharma, Day by Day, Three Knee Deep |
|Wed 12th @ Jannus ||Wage War, nothing,nowhere., Spite |
|Thu 13th @ Pegasus ||Dead Reckoning, Ultimatum, Annabel Lee, Announce the Apocalypse, Get Out Of Nashville |
|Sat 15th @ Brass Mug ||Ulcer, Promethean Horde, Druid Lord, Parasite Disciple, Sacrilous, Cum Soaked Corpses |
|Sat 15th @ Orpheum ||Whitechapel, Archspire, Signs Of The Swarm, Entheos |
|Sun 16th @ Born Free ||Rhythm of Fear, Living in Fear, Shades of War, Head High, Odium Rot |
|Sun 16th @ Orpheum ||Slaughter To Prevail |
|Sun 16th @ Jannus ||Queensrÿche, Trauma, Marty Friedman |
|Thu 20th @ Brass Mug ||Catcher and the Rye, Sworn to Decay, Higher Ground, What We Seek, Gallows Down |
|Fri 21st @ Brass Mug ||Green Jelly, Collapsor, Abortion Twins, Kindly Shut Up!, One Trip Little |
|Fri 21st @ Orpheum ||Morbid Angel, Revocation, Vitriol, Crypta |
|Fri 21st @ Noise Box ||Regions, Pure Bliss, Murkov, Days Spent, Gas FL |
|Sun 23rd @ Orpheum ||Tendencia, Must Not Kill, March of the Fallen, The Horribles, 123Terrible |
|Wed 26th @ Crowbar ||Mac Sabbath, Roxx Revolt & The Velvets |
|Thu 27th @ Crowbar ||Dropout Kings, Fatal Frames, and more |
|Sat 29th @ Union Hall ||Bottomfeeders, Gas FL, Thirst, With Locusts and Liars, Vile Serpent |
|Sat 29th @ Brass Mug ||Diabolic, Piss on Christ, Voidrium, God Rot |
|Sun 30th @ The Ritz ||The Black Dahlia Murder, Terror, Frozen Soul, Fuming Mouth, Phobophilic |
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Tue 2nd @ Crowbar ||Vampires Everywhere!, Saving Vice, more TBA |
|Thu 4th @ Brass Mug ||Agent Orange, Suzi Moon, Blood Donor, Mobius Loop, Bad Future, The Hand of Reason |
|Fri 5th @ Born Free ||Leeway, Damn Your Eyes, Fire Is Murder, Highest Crown, Yield to None |
|Sun 7th @ Jannus ||Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Lutharo |
|Wed 10th @ Conduit* ||Ingested, Devourment, Extermination Dismemberment, Organectomy, Implosive Disgorgence |
|Wed 10th @ Level 13* ||Chelsea Grin, Carnifex, Left to Suffer, Ov Sulfur |
|Fri 12th @ Brass Mug ||GrindFest IV 1st night - Lineup in link - Headliners: Kill Division |
|Sat 13th @ Brass Mug ||GrindFest IV 2nd night - Lineup in link - Headliners: Coathanger Abortion |
|Sat 13th @ Crowbar ||Woe Is Me, Prison, The Funeral Portrait, Spider Inside Her, Chasing Airplanes |
|Sun 14th @ Crowbar ||Meg Myers, Weathers, Band of Silver |
|Tue 16th @ Jannus ||Helloween, Hammerfall |
|Wed 17th @ Floridian ||Voivod, Imperial Triumphant, more TBA |
|Fri 19th @ Orpheum ||Dark Funeral, Cattle Decapitaton, 200 Stab Wounds, Blackbraid |
|Fri 19th @ Jannus ||Avatar, Veil of Maya, Orbit Culture |
|Wed 24th @ Brass Mug ||Possessed, The Black Moriah, Perdition Temple, More TBA |
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Fri 2nd @ Orpheum ||Currents, Like Moths to Flames, Foreign Hands |
|Sat 3rd @ Orpheum ||Attack Attack!, Traitors, Belmont, Colorblind, Tactosa |
|Sat 3rd @ Pegasus ||Not Promised Tomorrow, Get out of Nashville, Forged with Blood |
|Sun 4th @ Jannus ||Ugly Kid Joe, Fozzy |
|Wed 7th @ Orpheum ||Heart Attack Man, Super American, Arm’s Length, Photocopy |
|Sat 10th @ Brass Mug ||Metal and Tats w/ Rob Wolf, Halo Scars, Mind Virus, Cypher Machine and RE-BIRTH |
|Sat 10th @ Orpheum ||Spotlights, Horsewhip, Gillian Carter |
|Wed 14th @ Crowbar ||MyChildren MyBride, Extortionist, No Cure, Your Spirit Dies, Richard Cory, GasFL |
|Sat 24th @ MidFlorida ||The Original Misfits, Megadeth, Fear |
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Sat 1st @ Brass Mug ||D.R.I., Metalriser |
|Fri 21st @ MidFlorida ||Mudvayne, Coal Chamber, GWAR, Nonpoint, Butcher Babies |
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Sat 5th @ MidFlorida ||Disturbed |
|Sat 26th @ MidFlorida ||Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Ministry, Filter |
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Sat 30th @ Vinoy ||NOFX Final Tour - Guests TBA |
* This is an Orlando area venue, however due to the popularity of this show I have included it here.
|DAY/LINK ||LINEUP |
|Tue 10th @ Orpheum ||Ne Obliviscaris, Beyond Creation, Persefone |
submitted by Tampa_Metal
to floridarockcommunity [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 09:33 gmatclub Pre-MBA 2023 MBB Consulting Internships are Going Live. Start your recruiting early!
Scoring a pre-mba internship is hard. A few years ago, it was super rare to get one and most people did not even bother or try. With the latest labor shortages in 2021-2022, consulting companies opened up pipelines for pre-mba recruiting. Last year (summer 2022) it was particularly rich, good, and awesome. MBB's were offering what they have never offered before if you did a mini-internship (1 week long) and passed a consulting interview: 1) You got an automatic internship for the next year summer AND 2) You got an automatic full time job offer the year after (with some minimal stipulations in case you mess up, drop out, etc), so last year students were able to lock in their next year's summer internship and their job after graduation without attending a single day of classes 📷 (We have had a few GMAT Club members last year attend these and get Internship/FT offers - it was quite exciting but getting an MBB job offer and peaking before your first day of classes is something else 📷 ) it was Rich.... this year, it is not but it is something... and better than in 2019
. Those days are gone unfortunately. Last year they flew people up to various offices and locations, paid for hotels, etc. This year it is quite a bit scaled down and watered down but the programs exist and even that is helpful to get your foot in the door! However, Bain is still offering next summer internships for successful candidates. This is a huge opportunity and I highly recommend that you apply for it if you are considering consulting. It is never too early to start recruiting! BCG Unlock
Application deadline is April 30, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET. There is a list of eligible schools - it is fairly generous and includes many Top 30 US schools This summer, BCG will host additional Unlock programming for candidates interested in our Black, Latinx, Indigenous, Women, Pride (LGBTQ+), Veteran, and Asian Diversity networks. All BCG Unlock programming will be virtual. 📷 Apply here: https://careers.bcg.com/bcg-unlock McKinsey
Application NOT open yet. https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/studen ... s/overview
No promise of a summer internship but you will get to network 📷 Bain
An opportunity to secure a 2024 Summer Associate offer before starting business school Application deadline is Sunday, May 7th, 2023 at 11:59PM PST. In person BASE Camp will be the week of July 24th - July 28th or July 31st – August 4th https://www.bain.com/careers/meet-us/base/ Best Offer!
📷 📷 📷
Founder of GMAT Club
submitted by gmatclub
to MBA [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 09:02 KnightSolos Permanent Break Up or Temporary Separation?
Bit of a long story for anyone who wants to give advice. So, my sister has a friend whom I've seen every now and then at random events or even at my house throughout the past five or six years. I never really knew her personally, I only ever briefly saw her and maybe exchanged a few words. I would try sometimes to text her and she would reply, but it would be very far and few between as well dry and short. So eventually I just said to myself "okay, she's not interested, that's that. Oh well," and it was fine, no harm no foul.
Give it about a year, and I see her again at my friends house for a 4th of July party in 2022. We say hey to one another and go about our business. I almost texted her again that night, but I decided not to due to not wanting to be pushy or weird. Flash forward to august, and I see her at my house attending a bachelorette party for a mutual friend, and later that night when I got home, she was the only one at my house who was awake when I walked in. I said hey, she said hey, and then I went to my room and went to bed (smooth right). Flash forward to December. I'm at work (a movie theater), and I'm doing dishes in the back. My manager comes back and tells me I need to help the cashier hand out food orders, so I do so. Lo and behold, the order I needed to give was none other than my sisters friend. She doesn't really say anything to me which I found kind of odd (and a bit rude given we know one another), and she leaves with her order. However, an hour later she comes back to the concessions counter and apologizes for not saying anything and tells me it was nice to see me. And to be honest, that made my night. However, I still didn't text her, but a week goes by and slowly but surely the urge to text her built, and I finally did.
I texted her and we texted back and forth for a bit, but after a little bit I built up the courage to ask her on a date. I didn't get a reply for about an hour or so, so I was thinking "yeah I didn't think so," but I got home from a friends house, and my sister jokingly tells me that she's "being the best wingman." And that caught me off guard. The reason she hadn't replied was because she was asking my sister for advice and wanting to make sure my sister was okay with her going on a date with me. After talking to my sister about it, she replied to me saying that she did want to go on a date with me. But before we continue, my sister told me a few things about her. For one thing, my sister said "the fact that she's even talking to you is a good sign because she doesn't give any guys a chance. She thinks she doesn't have time for a relationship and that being single is what's best for her," and things like that. So after hearing that, I was feeling pretty good, knowing that even when she doesn't give guys the time of day that she's willing to give me a shot. So we keep texting and we finally decide on a date.
So we go, and it was great. We talked for like two hours, and we talked about how it was funny that my sister is engaged to my best friend (yeah I forgot to mention that) and how now I'm on a date with one of her friends, and we were also both so surprised on how much not only her and I had in common, but how much both of our families have in common. So date ends, and like I said, it was great. So the catch is, she tells me that she's interested in seeing me and wants to see where it goes, but wants to take it slow, which I said was totally fine because it was. So we keep texting, keep talking, keeping going on dates, and we keep getting closer with one another. Eventually I ask her if she was ready to make things "official," and she tells me that she really likes what we were doing but still wants to go slow and not rush anything because she "really wants to make it work," but she also told me that she's really afraid of commitment, but I saw all of this as good things because it showed she cared and really enjoyed seeing me, and like she said, it showed she wanted to make it work. So we keep doing what were doing, we meet each others families and she has dinner with mine one day and then I have dinner with hers another, and were taking good steps. My sister tells me that she told her how she cares about me and how I'm the only guy she talks to and how she "genuinely enjoys being around me." We keep doing what were doing, and we finally have a long talk one day about us and our feelings, and it was a good talk. I opened up about how I really felt about her, and she told me that she finally realized that she did "like me" and she realized that she really had feelings for me. She told me that she cares about me and that she wants to be with me, and that since I was the brother to one of her good friends, and how we have seen each other throughout the years randomly, and then she saw me again at the movie theater that she thought it was a sign from God telling her that I'm the one for her and that it's "meant to be," and after continuing to talk, we finally kissed. Things were going great. I even asked her if she wanted to start going to church with me on Sundays because I hadn't been in a while and she said she wanted to. However... literally only 4 or 5 days after telling me all of that...she ended things.
She told me that she realized that she really didn't have time for a relationship and that she couldn't see herself being able to put in the effort required to have a lasting and sustainable relationship. It left me confused, hurt, shocked, sad, and admittedly angry. So just like that, things ended. We stopped talking, and I haven't talked to her since the break up. However, I did come face to face with her at our college campus, she was leaving the class that I was going into, but no words were spoken. We dated for about two months, and I know, it doesn't seem long, but I was ready to commit to this girl for life. Like she told me, I also felt it truly was God sent, considering how our paths have crossed so often in the past, how I always used to try and talk to her, how she's my sisters good friend, and how we shared a shocking amount in common with one another, and more. It seemed so right for us to be together. It really did feel like we were made for each other. This is the fourth week we have been apart, and it feels like I miss her more each day.
At first, I was angry with her and confused as well as extremely distraught and sad, not really knowing why or how this had happened. I remember coming home from a shift of work the day after and just breaking down into tears. I really let myself fall for her. As I was crying I remember asking and pleading with God why yet again he has allowed me to love someone just to take them away. I remember asking God why I can't just have someone. Eventually I got in the "screw her" mindset for about a week, but that faded and since then I've accepted it and forgave her in my heart and have been trying to move on. I unfollwed her on all social media and deleted all texts and pictures. But something inside me is telling me that it isn't the end. There is this deep inner feeling telling me that after some time things will work out between us. So I keep thinking that maybe God does intend for us to be together, but the time isn't right, and that after a season of separation and growth he'll bring us back together once the time is right. Or maybe it's my sub conscious giving me false hope and wishful thinking. Maybe we'll reconnect at my sisters wedding in a few months. I guess time will tell. Any ways, any kind of advice is welcome. Do you think that this odd feeling of almost certainly knowing were going to come back to each other is God telling me to be patient and wait because he does intend on allowing us come back to one another, or do you think God separated us for good and that I need to move on completely? I know I sound like a love struck fool, but it is what it is. Thanks for reading my novel.
EDIT: Another thing that is giving me a certain amount of hope is that I talked to my pastor about it, and he explained that while I need to look forward and at God, that anything is possible, and that God has unique and perfect timing. He then went on to explain that he was in a similar situation when he first started dating his girlfriend, who is now his wife. He said they broke up for a month after dating for a month or two, and then slowly but surely started talking and seeing each other again. So it kind of reminds me of my situation. Also, my sister and my best friend broke up for a month or so when they first started dating, and two years later they're engaged. So those similar situations are giving me hope, and maybe those situations are there to guide me to show me God has perfect timing. One last thing. She's my sisters friend, and like how I kept seeing her randomly in the past, I'm undoubtedly going to keep seeing her like that in the future, so she's never going to fully be out of my life. Hell like I said earlier, she's gunna be at my sisters wedding AND reception, so maybe God will use that as a good opportunity for us to reconnect. Or maybe I'm being falsely hopeful. Just food for thought.
submitted by KnightSolos
to Christianity [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 08:39 KellinQuinn__ H.JRes.11: Authorization of Military Force Against the United Kingdom Resolution of 2022 - Committee Amendments
Authorization of Military Force Against the United Kingdom Resolution of 2022
H.J. Res. X
A Resolution to Authorize Military Force against the United Kingdom for their violations of Democratic ideals, and to restore Democracy Ms. ThatOneNarcissist sponsored the following resolution, cosponsored by nazbol909, Zurikurta in the Senate, Whereas,
The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Boris Johnson, has repeatedly encouraged sexual assault in his country through promotion and a lack of punishment, Whereas
, The ruling Conservative Party has proposed a Bill repealing the Human Rights Act and lessening the Humans rights protections by replacing it with a less comprehensive ‘bill of rights,’ Whereas
, The ruling Conservative Party has violated Human Rights and consistently ignored their duty to grant asylum mandated by international law, Whereas
, The Judiciary system has undermined the Parliament of the United Kingdom by incorrectly interpreting the laws passed, Whereas,
The safety and stability of all people, including those of the United Kingdom is of the utmost importance to the United States of America, Whereas
, the United Kingdom has a museum of stolen artifacts, which belong to the people from which they originated and that the United Kingdom Government has shown no intention of returning, Whereas
, the United Kingdom has colonized Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, and the people in those countries wish for freedom which has been denied by the English Government in Westminister Whereas
, the United Kingdom has failed to have a sustainable government that can serve the will of the people, with Boris Johnson refusing to follow protocol and resign his office, Whereas
, the United Kingdom has weapons of mass destruction,
Now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States in Congress assembled,
Section. I: Short Title
- This joint resolution may be cited as the “Authorization of Military Force Against the United Kingdom Resolution of 2022”
Section II: Findings
- The United States Congress finds that the London Central Employment Tribunal determined incorrectly that Ms. Maya Forstater was discriminated against by the Center for Global Development, and has ignored the intent of the Parliament in the passage of the Equality Act.
- The United States Congress finds that the tribunal also ruled that Ms. Forstater’s complaint of victimization was not well-founded in respect of the removal of her profile from websites for CGD and its European branch.
- The United States Congress finds that the following events occurred:
- Chris Pincher quit the whips' office
- In July 2019, Boris Johnson brought Chris Pincher back into the government after serving on the backbench. He was installed as a foreign office minister, then a housing minister.
- In February of 2022, Chris Pincher was made Deputy Chief Whip by Boris Johnson. During that time, he made unwanted passes at a male conservative Member of Parliament. Other Members informed their whips about Pincher’s conduct and his announcement was pushed back due to these allegations.
- June 29th of 2022, Pincher attended an event for the Conservative friends of Cyprus in Piccadilly. He was accused by two men of drunkenly groping them. He had to be put in a taxi. The matter was reported to the Chief Whip by Sarah Dines.
- June 30th, 2022, Heaton-Harris investigated the incident and Pincher offered his resignation. Boris Johnson declined to suspend him from the party, saying the matter was closed.
- July 1st, 2022, A spokesperson for Downing’s street insisted that Boris Johnson was not aware of any allegations against Pincher at the time of his promotion.
- July 3rd, more allegations against Pincher surfaced. Pincher denied them.
- July 4th, Downing street acknowledges that Boris Johnson had personally been aware about the allegations against Pincher.
- July 5th, Upon the start of a wave of resignations, Boris Johnson has refused to follow precedent and resign to calling a Snap Election, which is usual protocol
- The United States Congress condemns the actions of Chris Pincher and Boris Johnson in this series of events
- The United States Congress finds that the disregard of the demand by the 1922 Committee to resign and ignoring an established institution is similar to how former impeached President Donald Trump has acted and condemns such actions being taken by Boris Johnson
- The United States Congress finds that the United Kingdom has weapons of mass destruction, namely nuclear weapons.
Section III: The English Language
- In all federal legislation, paperwork, etc., the language called ‘English’ shall be called ‘American’ in order to separate from the United Kingdom,
- It is the belief of the United States Congress that the States should amend their laws to rename English to American, for the purposes of the dialect now known as American English.
- The word English may be used if it is in reference to what we currently call British English
Section IV: Ultimatum
- Boris Johnson, from the enactment of this Joint Resolution, shall have 2 days to resign his office and call a snap election.
- If he does not fulfill both of these requirements, Sections VI and all subsequent Sections will go into effect.
Section V: Support for United States Diplomatic Efforts
- The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the President to–
- strictly enforce through the United Nations Security Council and other international organizations, all relevant Humans Rights, Democracy, and other International Law
- obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that the United Kingdom abandons its policy of anti-Human Rights, anti-Democracy, and adopts a Government led by the people immediately.
Section VI: Authorization of Military Force against the United Kingdom
- Authorization.--The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to–
- defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by the United Kingdom;
- liberate the people of the United Kingdom
- defeat the allies of the United Kingdom if they pose a threat to the United States’ actions required by this joint resolution.
- Presidential Determination.--In connection with the exercise of the authority granted in subsection (a) to use force the President shall, prior to such exercise or as soon thereafter as may be feasible, but no later than 48 hours after exercising such authority, make available to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate his determination that–
- reliance by the United States on further diplomatic or other peaceful means alone either (A) will not adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by the United Kingdom or (B) is not likely to lead to the liberation of the people of the United Kingdom
- acting pursuant to this joint resolution is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international anti-Democracy organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the United Kingdom in their anti-democracy policies, and the United Kingdom itself, which shall include but not be limited to
- Embargoes, or
- Any other methods deemed necessary to punish international anti-democracy agents in connection with the United Kingdom
- War Powers Resolution Requirements.--
- Specific statutory authorization.--Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.
- Applicability of other requirements.--Nothing in this joint resolution supersedes any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.
Section VII: Reports to Congress
- The President of the United States shall present a report to:
- The Senate Majority Leader, The Senate Minority Leader, The Speaker of the House and the House Minority Leader, and the Chairs of the Senate and House committees on foreign affairs weekly, and
- The Congress of the United States every 60 days, on the following matters, if they are relevant to this joint resolution,
- How many troops, if any, are actively deployed,
- How many military vehicles, if any, are in use,
- The number of special forces operations, if any,
- The current land secured by the United States that was formerly the United Kingdom, if any, and;
- any actions taken relevant to this Joint Resolution
Section VIII: Sanctions and Embargoes
- The following individuals shall be added to the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list as established by the U.S. Treasury and its deriving laws,
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- Liz Truss, Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Developmental Affairs of the United Kingdom,
- Nadine Dorries, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport of the United Kingdom
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, or any subsequent Monarch who fails to withdraw support to the ruling government of the United Kingdom
- The United Kingdom shall be embargoed, as well as any nations assisting the United Kingdom
Section IX: Occupation
- Upon defeat of the United Kingdom, the lands of the United Kingdom shall be split into three territories
- England, and
- Northern Ireland shall be returned to the Republic of Ireland,
- Any lands not under the administration of Wales, Scotland, England, or Northern Ireland shall be grouped into territories as seen fit,
Section X: Enacting clause and severability
- This joint resolution shall come into effect immediately upon passage
- Should any part of this joint resolution be found unconstitutional, the sections are severable and the rest of the law shall stand
*Written by u/ThatOneNarcissist
submitted by KellinQuinn__
to ModelUSHouseFACom [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 07:46 Suitable_Estimate_24 Heading to Japan for the first time
I’m hoping for any tips or recommendations for all things CCS while I’m in Tokyo and Osaka :) I’m there June 22 - July 4th 2023, sadly it looks like lots of CCS 25th anniversary special events are happening March and April so I will just miss them. But I’m keen on events, merch, kawaii ccs snacks, anything appreciated :)
submitted by Suitable_Estimate_24
to cardcaptorsakura [link] [comments]
2023.03.28 07:32 taiwanchalla81 Suggestions for July
Dear hive mind,
I'm trying to plan a trip to Thailand in July. I've been a couple of times but what makes this trip tricky is the group I'm going with.
I'll be going with my 2 kids (7 and 9) and my parents (late 60/s early 70's but in good shape). We'll be going for 3 weeks in July. The idea would be for us to maybe go to 2 different places for a week each (or maybe just one) and then spend 3 days or so in Bangkok to do some shopping.
Looking for somewhere that's not super touristy (I know it's hard in Thailand) where we could spend some quality time together. Kids love the beach and swimming in general, dad loves outdoors and mom is perfectly happy with a good book and a few markets and coffee shops to while away the days. I would enjoy a good beach or reggae bar every now and then but partying is not the main point here.
Budget is definitely near the mid/low end.
I was thinking northern Koh Phangan (Haad Salad / Chaloklum) as the weather seems to be better there in July?
Koh Lanta looks good but I'm a little concerned about the weather. Koh Libong and Koh Mook look like exactly what I'm after but again worried weather wise.
Any alternative options would be greatly appreciated!
submitted by taiwanchalla81
to ThailandTourism [link] [comments]