Ernie ball music man cutlass bass
The Home for EBMM On Reddit!
2014.12.18 23:14 LucasJLeCompte The Home for EBMM On Reddit!
2023.06.09 15:07 hononononoh [Partially Lost] "The Light Fantastic", 1986 short film made for visitors of the Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, New York, USA
I visited the Corning Museum of Glass
, part of the world renowned Corning, Inc.
glass works in Corning, New York, USA
many times as a child, between 1986 and 1996. The Hall of Science had an enormous screen filling an entire wall, with a high-fidelity audio system, that repeatedly played a 15min long informational film for tourists about the emerging science of fiber optics (engineered and manufactured by Corning, naturally). The title screen used the theme music from Star Trek: The Next Generation by Jerry Goldsmith
. I used to wonder if Corning, Inc. paid for the royalties to this song, and still wonder if copyright issues related to this song have something to do with why this film has never been commercially released, à la
MTV's The State
. The film started with a scientist explaining the basics of light and optics in layman's terms. I distinctly remember him saying, "You need light to see me." It cuts to a shot of this same scientist outdoors using a hand operated signal lamp to send a Morse Code message to another operator far away.
The film continued with some (now retro-futuristic) vignettes showcasing the way that fiber optics were going to change the way we live. There was a boy in the USA video chatting with a girl in China, with a robotic voice auto-translating everything each one of them said. "Do you have a boyfriend?" he asks, and she just giggles coyly. There's a woman voting from home using a touch TV screen, which sounds an alarm when her toddler puts his hand on the screen for identity verification.
The final climactic scene of the film is a fantastical, 80s sci-fi indulgence, reminiscent of Tron
. The narrator scientist holds a glowing fiber optic cable in his hand, pointed right at the viewers. There is dramatic bass reverberation on the audio system as the shot zooms in on the cable, and the scientist says solemnly, "Come with me on a journey through a fiber optic cable," or something along those lines. As soon as the cross section of the cable fills the whole screen, the CGI animated "journey" begins. It's exhilarating, and feels much like a space age roller coaster or waterslide ride, with many unexpected twists and turns, graphics of bouncing light balls, neon light grids, and mathematical equations flying past. The audio is full of robotic sounding chirps, beeps, squelches, and rumbles. It was obviously designed to wow tourists, and I never got tired of watching it.
If I remember correctly, the film ends abruptly at the end of this "journey", the lights come up, and tourists are invited to continue through the museum to the next exhibit.
"The Light Fantastic" was directed by Bran Ferren's company Associates & Ferren. Bran Ferren is a special effects artist renowned in the video industry, but relatively unknown outside of it.
I tagged this post as [Partially Lost], because according to the Corning Museum of Glass Library's catalog, at least one copy of "The Light Fantastic" is available in hard copy there
, but access to it appears to be limited to this copy. The film is no longer shown in the museum, and I can find no evidence of any availability beyond this library. It was never commercially distributed, and is not on YouTube, from what I can tell. Can anyone prove me wrong on this? What I wouldn't give to see this film again.
The next time I'm in the Southern Tier of New York State, I may just have to set aside a day to visit the Corning Museum of Glass Library in person, and give "The Light Fantastic" a watch for old time's sake. I may just attempt to say "Hail, Prometheus" and surreptitiously make a copy of it for upload it to YouTube, unless someone can convince me that this would be a very legally dangerous move.
submitted by hononononoh
to lostmedia [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 14:36 Prestigious_Entry972 Where the hell is Izotope trash 3?
After coming back to making music from a couple years break, for studying at uni, I wanted to grab the latest stuff of what I remember being my key tools, and one of my favourite neurofunk effects was Trash 2. Man it really made shit sound good
Aaaaand not only is there no trash 3 but izotope doesn’t even allow you to download trash 2… and that means I have to star in the latest Jack Sparrow film to get it again - if you catch my drift (which is something i swore I wouldn’t do again after deleting everything that I did get through that means)
It was a really good plugin and just felt build for experimental genres like Neuro dnb, and alongside FM8 it was my “go to” for neuro bass but now it’s gone
I mean if trash 3 was made I’d buy it instantly cos trash 2 certainly had its problems even if it was amazing, and I saw that izotope got “bought” by NI, so if they’ve merged their firms now then they might have less time for it considering it “not as essential” (or not as wide of an audience for profit) as things like Ozone or Insight, but still it was good and sold well or else they wouldn’t have made 2 - heck Noisia uses it for all their projects
There’s not really an alternative either, from fabfilter, xfer NI or waves or anything, so I don’t really know what they’re doing not making it. And don’t say it’s part of neutron, you know one knob called “trash” don’t count 😏
But yeah any thoughts on where it might be? Would 100% pick it up if it came out tomorrow ngl
submitted by Prestigious_Entry972
to musicproduction [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 12:51 House_of_Suns /r/QOTSA Official Band of the Week 23: KING BUFFALO
So when you think of cities with high culture
and vibrant music scenes on the east coast, what springs to mind? Obviously New York. Thanks to Drake, we all know about the growing music scene in Toronto. You prahbahbly musta tawt a Bawstan tew.
Maybe Montreal or Philadelphia or even Baltimore crossed your mind.
Time to check your cultural bias, pal. You passed over a quiet little city on the south shore of Lake Ontario, nestled in the Genesee River valley. It has a history as a hotbed of Abolitionism and Women’s Rights. It is the home of Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Bausch & Lomb, Western Union, Ragu and other innovative companies. It has a lively music scene, great nightclubs, world-renowned universities, thriving museums, arts & culture festivals, and live theatre. It is a true cultural gem that many folks overlook.
Yep. You bet your ass
I am talking about Rochester, New York.
Since we know that Stoner Rock can come from anywhere, it should be no surprise that Rochester has produced one of the leading bands in this genre. This week we are going to check out a band you are going to want to listen to. If you know them, you love them. If you haven’t heard of them, you are going to thank me.
This week’s band is KING BUFFALO. About Them
Hold on a sec. King Buffalo? Not King Rochester?
To be fair, King Rochester
sounds like the villain in a Disney movie. Kinda hard to imagine that on a T-Shirt. King New York sounds like a particularly obnoxious Yankees fan
(and yeah, finding a Yankees fan that isn’t obnoxious is a tough go). King Albany sounds like a car made by Kia.
But King Buffalo?
That just works.
Our heroes didn’t start out together. King Buffalo were made up of members of two other Rochester area bands.
Randall Coon and Scott Donaldson were playing together in Velvet Elvis. That five piece band played heavy rock with space-based themes in the early 2010’s. Sean McVay and Dan Reynolds were in another band called Abandoned Buildings Club (side note: kinda neat that their initials were ABC), who had a pure psychedelic rock vibe. When both VE and ABC appeared to be having limited success, the four musicians decided to merge their talents into one band. Coon had handled vocals and guitar in Velvet Elvis
and Donaldson had been rock solid on drums.
McVay had done vocals and guitar in Abandoned Buildings Club
and Reynolds had anchored the sound with his bass. All the pieces were there for a classic Beatles-esque lineup.
So out of the wreckage of ABC and VE, KB arose. The four members gelled so well that they were able to record their first demo - aptly titled Demo
- in just two days. Their sound was immediately compared to tourmates and close friends All Them Witches. But where ATW were bluesy and sludgy, King Buffalo had produced songs full of space.
Oh, there were heavy riffs for sure - but there were passages of music that were contrastingly lighter and further apart. The best example of these contrasts can be found in the more than 11 minutes of Providence Eye.
The first six and a half minutes come at you at a lulling pace, enveloping you in the moment. You get swept up in the rolling riffs. But then the drop happens and you suddenly realize the song has been building to this peak. The tempo picks up and you ride a relentless rollercoaster
until you hit the Black Sabbath-inspired outro, which takes you home. It is an emotional experience. The two other tracks - In Dim Light
and Pocket Full of Knife
are smaller essays on the same theme.
It was clear right from Demo
that King Buffalo had some serious talent. But if you have listened to the band you will notice that one thing is starkly different on Demo
than from any of their other releases: the vocals. Randall Coon was the lead vocalist on these recordings. If you play them up against anything since by the band they stand out. Our very own QotSA may have successfully had multiple vocalists on multiple tunes, but King Buffalo was destined to have Sean McVay take over the mic. Shortly after 2013’s Demo,
Coon left the band to do a solo project called Skunk Hawk.
King Buffalo stood at a crossroads: did they look to replace Coon, or should they carry on as a Power Trio? The choice for them was obvious. McVay, Reynolds and Donaldson knew that they had fantastic potential together. They decided they didn't need anyone else.
Side note: Regular readers of these write ups know that All Them Witches just went through this exact crisis in 2019. What I didn’t share then is that ATW are close friends with KB. I would not be surprised to learn that ATW had some serious conversations about their lineup with the boys from KB before they, too, decided last year to pare down to just three members.
To re-christen their new lineup, in 2015 King Buffalo went in on a split EP
with Swedish band Lé Betre (I mean, hooking up with a Swedish partner
is a dream of mine, so I see the appeal.) They re-recorded their standout tune Providence Eye
with McVay on vocals, as well as two new tracks - Like a Cadillac
and New Time. New Time
opens their side of the EP with an infectious, descending riff that hooks you immediately. It is clear from the lyrics - No wasting around, it’s a new time
- that they had moved on from Coon. Like a Cadillac
follows up and is a three and a half minute jam that leaves you wanting more. The re-recorded version of Providence Eye
closes out their side of the split EP and leaves no doubt that they are in charge. It is a tighter, heavier
version, and the amazing outro is so low down that it will make you want to rob your own house.
With their lineup now set, it was time to put together enough music to tour on. In 2016, King Buffalo released Orion.
Here you can witness the melding of their influences into something majestic and fantastic, and it is here that they really develop their signature style.
To explain this style, you need to understand basic song structure.
Most pop songs tend to go verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - chorus - chorus.
Sure, you could add in a solo for the bridge, or a detailed intro or outro, or another verse - but this is a tried and true formula. Some variation of this dominates the pop charts to this day.
Not with King Buffalo songs. These guys are the masters of the drop, and you hear it in most of their tunes. QotSA fans are no strangers to that long build and release; it is an integral part of tunes like The Evil Has Landed, God is in the Radio, Song For The Dead,
and I Appear Missing.
One of the sickest drops ever recorded happens in the middle of the Them Crooked Vultures tune No One Loves Me & Neither Do I.
It is where the music turns around, and a new riff takes over, often along with a pace change. It is then that you realize that the song has built to this climactic moment, and you are engulfed by the music.
King Buffalo does this better than anyone else, and you hear it clearly articulated, again and again, on the album Orion.
Take the song Kerosene
A rolling bass riff from Reynolds establishes the song right out of the gate. Donaldson produces punchy drum beats with cymbal crashes at the end of each phrase. McVay’s slide guitar rounds out the intro. McVay’s vocals - very Ozzy like, if Ozzy had any semblance of self-control
- frame the first verse, which ends in a fuzzy, heavy riff with crashing cymbals. This same pattern is repeated a second time and the drop is teased at just past three minutes in, but does not happen quite yet. The listener’s anticipation builds as the airy, soaring solo from McVay calls out in contrast to the rolling bass. After the guitar solo bridge, the band goes right back into the chorus. But then it happens: THE DROP.
Just past 5 minutes in, the song takes a complete and abrupt turn for a totally different riff that is at the same time heavier and brand new, and yet has been there all the while.
What King Buffalo does brilliantly is subvert your musical expectations.
The standard structure is V-C-V-C-B-C-C. Kerosene
is V-C-V-C-B-C-DROP-OUTRO. Just when you subliminally expect something the same, you get something different.
The entire album is like that. Orion
hardly sounds like a debut. It is a mature and deliberate soundscape built by talented musicians who are making significant choices about their art. Songs like Drinking From The River Rising
open with an expansive and elastic topography, but drill down to the molten lava
of heavy riffs and distorted fuzz. Sleeps On A Vine
begins with one of the most zen riffs you’ve ever heard and ends in a tumultuous and heavy sonic assault that is pure controlled chaos.
Every song on the album is a study in contrasts that leaves you with auditory whiplash and a burning desire for more.
They are that good.
King Buffalo were able to tour on their new material, and did so extensively. They played clubs and larger venues, often with friends and fellow Stoner Rockers All Them Witches and other bands like The Sword and Elder. In 2017, the released the EP Repeater
as a follow up. It is just three songs (The vinyl ad reads, All songs on one side! No need to flip!
) but it is a heck of a musical journey. The title track off the EP is 13+ minutes long and is one huge build. When the fuzz finally drops after almost 8 minutes, it is a true cathartic moment. It sneaks up on you, and is so welcome when it hits - especially after McVay’s repetition that “Every Day is the Same* - that you intrinsically understand how great it is when things finally change for the better. Too Little Too Late
is an instrumental tune that is both enveloping and expansive. It is a terrific bridge to the final track, Centurion,
which is an unbelievable groove. Centurion
has three minutes of set up leading to an unreal fuzzy drop that is so dirty it will get you evicted from your apartment.
The influence of their touring with All Them Witches can also be seen on their next full length release, 2018’s Longing To Be The Mountain.
Ben McLeod from ATW produced the album. ATW, The Sword and Elder are all thanked in the liner notes. The album picks up right where Repeater
leaves off, with KB experimenting with long form songs like Morning Song
and the title track, and shorter jams like Sun Shivers, Cosmonaut,
Reynolds and McVay pepper the songs with synthesizer sounds that add colour and texture to the overall compositions. Donaldson drums with impeccable precision to provide each song with a safe mooring to return to, driving the guitars forward at the same time as he holds the rhythm in check. This is most clearly evident in Eye Of The Storm.
The result is a rich tapestry of expansive and flowing music full of heavy jams
that will leave the listener wanting more. Their signature build-to-sonic-explosion style does not let fans down.
The success of Longing To Be The Mountain
allowed for extensive touring across North America and Europe. It also led to appearances at bigger gigs, like at Rockpalast and the Stoned & Dusted desert rock event in 2019. Anyone that has seen any of their live work knows that King Buffalo are simply hypnotizing
on stage. Reynolds’ bass work is reminiscent of Geddy Lee with his complex and flowing style. Donaldson brings controlled power to the drum kit, and is ready to cut loose when the drop comes. And McVay has become a true front man, comfortable with the lead voice on guitar and the microphone.
Their next release, Dead Star,
dropped in 2020 and generated all kinds of buzz in the Stoner Rock scene. Of course, the tour planned to support it got axed when the entire world went into lockdown.
But the (short album? EP?) is simply fantastic. Red Star Pt. 1 & 2
continues their long form examination and has everything you’d expect from them. Echo of A Waning Star
is a lament of just over 3 minutes that is near-perfect. Ecliptic
sounds like the soundtrack to a John Carpenter movie and is a complete jam with serious cool 1980’s vibes. Dead Star,
the title track, is almost Radiohead-esque in its evocative and regretful take on death and decay.
But the standout track has to be Eta Carinae,
which has one of the greatest musical drops and turn-arounds you will ever hear. The entire song pivots
just past four minutes in and becomes a 70’s anthem worthy of Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath. If you listen to no other tune here today, you have to check it out. It will absolutely get stuck in your head.
The band dropped their first live record, Live At Freak Valley,
in 2020. This is a really nice retrospective/greatest hits album kinda deal. What stands out is just how fucking tight
the band is live. With some bands, live versions veer wildly
from the recorded ones - and not at all in a good way. This record is the opposite. You can clearly hear on Orion
that KB are just that good live.
In the wake of the global pandemic, King Buffalo decided to musically capture the moment in time. They decided to release a trifecta of albums. 2021 saw them drop The Burden of Restlessness
and then Acheron.
The third record in this trio is 2022’s Regenerator.
It is really important to consider all three records in this Triptych at the same time, for they are a sonic cycle. TBOR
is a descent into despondency. Acheron
is about hitting rock bottom,
and being in Hell. Regenerator
is about finding a way to claw yourself back into the light.
Each album stands on its own, but together they form a sweeping epic journey that we can all relate to. TBOR
is an album where the protagonist gradually loses the will to exist.
There is a cry of deep frustration in Burning,
a not-so-subtle reference to a plague in Locusts,
a study in being confined indoors in Silverfish,
and an outright statement that our hero is sinking in Loam.
In fact, the lyrics tell us: “Still I press my face into the ground/I’m waiting for the hammer to fall.” It is not a happy album.
Just when you think things have to get better, we get the 4-track jam of Acheron.
In this record, our hero has fallen to his lowest point. He has descended to Hell.
The title track - the first one on the album - makes this clear, when it says: “Waking up under the ground/Silver asleep on my tongue.”
Just in case you didn’t get the classic reference, Acheron is the river one must cross in Greek mythology to get to the underworld. Souls going to Hell had coins placed in their mouth to pay Charon, the ferryman,
to take them across the river to Hades. So our hero did sink into the Loam in the last album, and finds himself in Hell. This theme is reinforced in Zephyr,
who was the Greek God of the West Wind, and Shadows,
which references what the Greeks used to call dead spirits - Shades. And just in case you had any doubt, the final track on the album is Cerberus,
named after the three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hades.
What is even cooler about Acheron
is how it was recorded. Instead of a studio, they recorded the album underground in a cave.
Now that is commitment.
The final album in this cycle is 2022’s Regenerator.
While the first two records were about descent, despondency, and hitting rock bottom,
this record is about regaining hope and optimism, and finding a way to come back.
We hear this clearly in the lyrics of the record’s final track, Firmament,
which says: “Out of the loam I rise, embraced by the etheThe river below relieves my hands of silver” - clearly calling back to the tracks Loam
And in case you didn’t know, in Greek mythology the Firmament means the Sky or the Heavens.
Our hero has left Hell behind, and ascended into Heaven.
References to positive mythology are all over this album, from the album art to the tracks Mercury
It is a total jam.
But the best song on the album might just be Mammoth.
If you don’t like the guitar on this song, you and I can’t be friends.
I got a chance to see KB perform last year when they toured with Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. They are fucking tight.
They were the opening act, but were the absolute highlight of the show. I want everyone to hear this band because they really are something special.
Go check them out. Links to QOTSA
We know that QotSA front man Josh Homme and Kyuss invented Stoner Rock in the 1990’s. They were the genre-defining band. King Buffalo (and other bands like All Them Witches) have picked up this proverbial torch and are now bringing the sound to the next generation of fans. King Buffalo drummer Scott Donaldson is known to be a huge QotSA fan. Perhaps he saw them live when they played in Rochester
in 2014 in support of ...Like Clockwork.
It is also sometimes easy to forget that Josh was not the only architect of the low desert sound. Original Kyuss Drummer and co-founder Brant Bjork wrote many Kyuss tunes and continues to be a leader in the music scene today. King Buffalo have played with Bjork at festivals three times: Freak Valley Festival, Black Deer Festival and the aforementioned Stoned & Dusted. There is also a planned collaborative project between Bjork and King Buffalo that may be coming our way soon.
The future is bright,
my friends. Their Music Providence Eye In Dim Light Pocket Full of Knife King Buffalo songs from the Split EP with Lé Betre Kerosene
-- live in 2016 Drinking From The River Rising Orion - entire album on Genesee Live RepeateCenturion
-- Recorded Live in the Quarantine Sessions put out by the band Live at Rockpalast in 2019
- includes songs from LTBTM Longing To Be The Mountain - Quarantine Sessions Quickening
-- everything is cool until the snake head pops out. Red Star Pt. 2
-- the official video Ecliptic Eta Carinae Dead Star - Full Album Silverfish The Knocks Loam Hours Acheron Shadows Mammoth Firmament Show Them Some Love /KingBuffalo
- C’mon, everyone -- there are just over 500 subscribers. Those are rookie numbers.
You gotta pump those numbers up. Previous Posts Tool Alice in Chains King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard Rage Against The Machine Soundgarden Run the Jewels Royal Blood Arctic Monkeys Ty Segall Eagles of Death Metal Them Crooked Vultures Led Zeppelin Greta Van Fleet Ten Commandos Screaming Trees Sound City Players Iggy Pop Mastodon The Strokes Radiohead All Them Witches ZZ Top
submitted by House_of_Suns
to qotsa [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:04 DrHerb98 Lonesome Sundown (1969) Excello Records
| || |
This is a very underrated album. A lot of great songs here and is a great addition to any blues collection. He’s slightly reminiscent of his fellow Excello artist Slim Harpo submitted by DrHerb98 to blues [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 05:18 No_Coach2786 I’m wondering if I should get the Artist tl69, the Artist black 58dlx or the Stirling CT30 cutlass
2023.06.09 04:13 CodyBowman [USA] [H] Sealed Silent Hill Origins, PS4 Console, Retron 3, Pokemon Black 2, Sega Genesis Cases and more [W] Paypal FNF
Prices do not include shipping.
OEM Black Controller - $10
Crash Bash (No Manual) - $7
IHRA Drag Racing (SEALED) - $10
Alien Hominid (CIB-ish, would consider it disc only, artwork and manual are heavily water damaged) - $30
Buzz Junior Jungle Part (CIB) - $4
Dragon Ball Z Budokai (Disc Only) - $5
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup (CIB) - $10
Jak and Daxter (Disc Only) - $4
Kingom Hearts II (Disc Only) - $4
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Loose) - $10
Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 (Disc Only) - $4
Silent Hill Origins (SEALED, has two small nicks at the bottom of the seal) - $240
XGRA Extreme G Racing Association (CIB) - $9
Final Fantasy X/X-2 (CIB) - $6
Guitar Hero World Tour (Disc Only) - $3
Minecraft (No Manual) - $10
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe (CIB) - $6
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe Greatest Hits (SEALED) - $20
PES Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (SEALED) - $70
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare (No Manual) - $5
Super Street Fighter IV (Disc Only) - $4
PS4 Slim Console 500GB, No Controller (Tested but shows signs of pass bug infestation) - $100
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VIII (CIB, has old rental stickers) - $15
Jack Nicklaus Greatest 18 Holes Championship Golf (CIB, Front of box is ripped) - $12
Black Aftermarket Cipon Controllers - $8 each
Pokemon Black 2 (Loose) - $140
Pokemon Conquest (MANUAL ONLY) - $25
S Type Controller - $12
Exhibition Volume 7 (CIB) - $35
Namco Museum (SEALED) - $20
NFL Blitz 2002 (CIB) - $10
PacMan World 2 (No Manual) - $7
The Sims 2 (Disc Only) - $5
Assassin's Creed II (No Manual) - $3
Bayonetta (CIB) - $10
Grand Theft Auto IV (Disc Only) - $5
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 with DVD (SEALED) - $25
PES Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (SEALED) - $45
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - $15
6 Button Arcade Stick (TESTED) - $35
Art Alive (Case and Manual ONLY) - $4
Chi Chi's Pro Challenge Golf (Case ONLY) - $3
Chuck Rock II (Case Only) - $4
F22 (Box and Manual ONLY) - $4
The Flintstone (Case ONLY, Ripped on side and back) - $15
Madden 97 (Case and Manual ONLY) - $3
Ms. Pac-Man (CIB) - $10
NBA Jam Tournament Edition (Case Only) - $2
PGA Tour Golf (Case and Manual ONLY) - $4
Revenge of Shinobi (Case Only, Sunfaded) - $8
Revolution X (Case and Manual ONLY) - $4
Shanghai II (CASE ONLY) - $4
Sonic The Hedgehog (Not for Resale, CASE ONLY) - $4
Super Monaco GP (No Manual) - $8
Terminator T2 The Arcade Game (Case ONLY) - $4
TNN Outdoors Bass Tournament 96 (CASE and Manual ONLY) - $2
Urban Strike (CASE ONLY) - $4
Zero Tolerance (Case ONLY) - $6
Zool (Cart Only, label has stickers and tears) - $15
Retron 3 comes with Cords and Controllers (TESTED) - $50
submitted by CodyBowman
to GameSale [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 03:41 An0nyCrims0n What are y’all’s most favorite album?
So, I’ll go first. I love every one of their albums, from their first EP’s to the last track of Elsewhere, as well as their demo songs and singles. But overall, it’s gotta be between Cinematics and Midnight. Cinematics is just an amazing piece of music that is very rare to come by, with the classical but moving tone of orchestral music mixed in with very dark and intense rock music, paired with incredible lyrics and rhythms bound to get stuck in your head for hours. And every song is unforgettable, from I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead to Kill The Lights, or the somber Dad’s Song that always makes me ball my eyes out.
Then there’s Midnight. Every track just has a nice groove to it, and every song is different from the last. Some of my personal favorites include Killer In The Mirror, Midnight Thoughts, Catch Me If You Can, Raise No Fool, and my most favorite, Different Songs (the bass line is just so good and catchy). I could listen to both of these albums on repeat.
submitted by An0nyCrims0n
to SetItOff [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 02:41 ajh229 Australia’s Icehouse contender for most under-celebrated
I just wanted to praise the great Icehouse, who are possibly a household name in Australia but are largely ignored in the US. I only discovered them within the last few years, which is slightly strange since I explore a lot of music and enjoy finding new bands, and have so for almost 30 years. Icehouse’s first five albums, up through 1987’s Man Of Colours are all very good, and seem more consistent (to me) than several bands whose respect and acclaim exceed that of Icehouse. The only thing I could imagine being a pest to more widespread recognition is band leader Iva Davies’ sultry vocals, which at times resemble Bryan Ferry’s of Roxy Music, or even those of David Sylvian (Japan). Perhaps this is seen as not being entirely distinct. What I have come to appreciate with Icehouse, besides their soulful, nuanced, hook-laden songs and strong production is the occasional experimentation. “The Mountain” on 1984’s Sidewalk album is my favorite example of this. “The Mountain” really stretches its wings and explores a peculiar but tantalizing groove. Also exemplary is the memorable bass playing, which is also a standout instrument in the band’s early catalog, along with Iva’s terrific vocals and the band’s interesting percussion.
submitted by ajh229
to newwave [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 02:38 OhHiJordan WKUK Archive Stuff: Sketchfest 2006 pamphlet
2023.06.09 02:28 brynndelorimier Seeking musician advice for making some Russian Circles windchimes
Warning: long I’ve been trying to figure out how to make a set of windchimes tuned to a Russian Circles song for several years. The song is chosen: When the Mountain Comes to Muhammad.
If using the Spotify track, these sections specifically… I think*
1:15 - 1:23 high notes
2:45 - 3:00 mid notes
6:00 - 6:15 low notes https://open.spotify.com/track/7CEXAzMeUjGmxvZxAXUJ5f?si=JVr3t2FZR0WksjuAfR8jpQ&context=spotify%3Aplaylist%3A0nOfna91qmr22bHyCM7dbn
I live in a place where the emergency broadcast warnings ping my phone with severe wind alerts constantly, it is not conducive to listening to music on the porch. Everyone has heavy duty windchimes though. I just got this “heroic grand windbell,” https://www.chimetime.com/product/woodstock-heroic-windbell-grand.html
…it’s high time I realized my dream metal-metal windchimes for more ambient background noise.
Obviously it’s not going to sound like the actual song, but there are plenty of windchime sets tuned to popular songs—Amazing Grace and the like. With the set of multi-octave windchimes I’m envisioning, there are sets with multiple strikers such as this: https://www.chimetime.com/product/woodstock-magical-mystery-chime-space-odyssey.html
… That’s exactly what I’d like to make, right there. ✨
I’ve been chatting with a windchime company down the road from me willing to make me a custom hand-tuned set. https://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedChimes?mibextid=LQQJ4d
They use the designs from the windchime guru https://leehite.org/Chimes.htm
for their builds… seriously complex stuff, way over my head.
They (and most windchime companies I’m guessing 😄) don’t work with metal bands’ songs & distortion. And I’m not a musician nor a windchime/metals expert. Incidentally, a hockey puck makes for a fantastic striker to achieve the deep resonating tones.
So my questions for y’all, particularly any musicians in the house, and also metalworkers, artists, and those who’ve listened to this song 10,000 times…
- Do those portions of the song I listed above capture the essence of it? (Ugh what an awful phrase, I’m sorry)
- Can anyone name those particular notes & octaves? Is there an app for tossing them all in & having them play at random to see what they sound like mashed together on an iPhone? (Obvs they’ll be tuned and timed better on the actual chime—see that Space Odyssey windchime link for an example of a tuned chime)
- Many hand-tuned windchimes use aluminum, that’s not the tone I’m going for. See my “heroic grand windbell” linked above which is steel—it’s downright harrowing & resonating on my porch. It’s good for a bass tone, but not so much for the higher octaves. Or maybe if it’s a thinner gauge & different striker could work? Haven’t played with different types of steel, and brass also sounds interesting. Copper sounds a little too tinny at any diameter and gauge I’ve tested so far. Anyone make instruments / play with metals / have opinions on this?
- Same with striker materials. I live in the Mojave desert with a solid three months of triple-digit days and 300+ days of full sun a year, so wood doesn’t really stand up so well out here unless it’s a solid one like purpleheart (still iffy, much maintenance required). Tough stuff needed—lacrosse balls and hockey pucks and the like.
- I haven’t considered aesthetics, I figure this is a complex enough project. I was going to leave this up to the experts & the climate; the desert sun has a way of oxidizing everything with an opalescent glow and I’m OK with that. And finishes on the pipes can affect their tones. But any recs welcome. I live in a small shack on the NRHP—so I’ve got some height restrictions to work with too; needs to be about my height or shorter, 5’5”, but windchimes are not written into the historic preservation guidelines. Yet~😈
Thanks for any advice… this is a three-year brainstorm I’m finally getting around to realizing. First I had to find a town to call home, and then a home in said town. ✅✅ Aren’t I lucky it’s perpetually windyAF here. If this project works out I’ll post a video of them (give me a few months) and suggest it to the band for a unique merch store item. 😜
This particular song has a sentimental backstory behind it that makes me want to immortalize it in windchimes… If it works out I’ll make a couple more sets for some special friends. But there are a few other Russian Circles songs I thought would make for neat windchimes:
- Off the same album, the title track… my neighbor has one set of windchimes that already sound a LOT like the main riff.
- Mota, off Guidance.
- Maybe my favorite one is the title track off Gnosis. (I also have a backyard…)
submitted by brynndelorimier
to russiancircles [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 00:42 LiseEclaire [Leveling up the World] - Academy Arc - Chapter 763
Out there - Patreon (for all those curious or wanting to support :)) At the Beginning
Adventure Arc - Arc 2
Wilderness Arc - Arc 3
Academy Arc - Arc 4
Previously on Leveling up the World…
The mage’s hands moved at a vast speed, creating the impression he was casting six spells simultaneously. Dallion’s motions were even faster, but the quality of the spells was largely lacking. Only his sword skills made up for the difference, maintaining the stalemate.
Circles of purple light and magic symbols flashed into existence, only to be destroyed near completion. Even so, an occasional spell would sneak through. Most of the time, it was Dallion’s spells that were ignored. Too weak to deal any actual damage, they found their way to their target where they would fizzle off. When Nerot managed to complete one of his spells, however, the entire scene changed.
Initially, Dallion feared that the mage would resort to a mass destruction spell and kill everyone in the hall. Why he hadn’t still remained a mystery. If Nil were here, he’d probably provide an explanation.
Spikes of aether burst into the air, filling the space like magic caltrops. All of Dallion’s instances that came into contact with the objects were punctured by his very own magic threads that grew out from the inside. In the process, Dallion lost five health for each instance killed off this way. Normally, such a small amount would be negligible, yet that was only as long as Lux was nearby.
Spinning through the hall like a deadly ballet dancer, Dallion kept on slashing at the mage with a series of spark attacks. He had to be careful not to come into contact with the floor or anything touching it. That was the trick that had caused Ruby and the cloud fox to get captured in the trap—both of them were in contact with Diroh, who, for some reason, had chosen to walk on the actual floor.
I think I’ll have to use the combo again, Dallion thought as he cast an aether barrier on the ceiling to leap onto for a direct plunge attack. The execution was a bit rusty, allowing the mage to cast a protection long before the blade struck him.
Dallion twisted his face in anger. Too many of the skills he relied on were unusable. Line and point attacks were out of the question—he didn’t want to be the one slaughtering everyone in the room. Spreading magic threads through the blade was also impossible since he needed it to have enough spark to keep shattering Nerot’s outer defenses in the hopes of eventually slicing through. Music seemed inefficient, acrobatics and athletics were severely limited due to the prison item trap… What else was there?
“The structure of the Academy has lasted for centuries,” the mage hissed as he kept on casting. The slight pause between words indicated that the fight was exerting him more than he liked to admit. “Created by the emperor himself. And otherworlders like you shattered all that just to gain an inkling of power.”
“What did the Azures promise you?” Dallion twisted in then thrust forward, performing a shattering strike aimed at the mage’s shoulder.
The pure force of the attack managed to pass through the shell of magic, shattering the old man’s left arm.
For a moment Dallion felt a rush of euphoria. Sadly, it was short-lived. A mesh of green light formed around the wounded area, repairing both wounds and attire.
“The Azure federation be damned!” The old man hissed. “They’re no better. Battle mages with delusions of grandeur incapable of seeing the greatness of the universe. It’s time for mages with actual knowledge rise to the top as it should be.”
Another rogue megalomaniac, Dallion sighed internally. They were always the same, just as they were too prideful to admit when they received help. Katka and the other battle mages of the Academy had dealt with close to a dozen such individuals so far and it was always the same: vague, prideful, senior mages who felt even more unappreciated after the latest world changes. Some had even tried to establish rival “academies” only to find that changing the world order of things wasn’t as easy as they imagined.
“Is that why you put me into these clothes?” Dallion successfully cast another spell, causing a circle of twelve aether blades to emerge around him. “So I can’t use my weapons to stop you?” Music threads linked to the blades, causing them to resonate with pain.
The effect was harmful to everyone, though Dallion hoped it would be more so on the mage. He really hated fighting such enemies. They appeared frail and snobbish, yet possessed such an arsenal of spells that could make them boost all of their traits at a moment’s notice, and that was before they started using the really devastating casts.
Can you hear me? Dallion asked, changing his approach. If he couldn’t go against an enemy directly, he was going to go after his clothes. I know you can hear me, he said, using his music skills to add a note of authority.
We were warned not to talk to you, the robe replied.
In the midst of fighting, Dallion cracked a smile. Of course, it would be the robe that would rebel. Someone as snobbish as Nerot probably viewed it as an unwanted stepchild. As a mage he was required to wear it, even if he strongly preferred to have something a lot fancier.
You don’t like him much, do you? Dallion pressed on. Why put up with someone who hates you?
He’s still my owner.
Help me and I’ll be your new one, Dallion said. This was the first time he had actually offered to bribe an item. It wasn’t a lie. Seeing the magic threads and included symbols, he could tell that the robe had close to exceptional qualities. It wasn’t as good as the archmage’s, but definitely better than his.
You already have a robe.
I also have the ability to modify items, far better than the old man.
There was a moment of silence. The intensity of the fight between Dallion and Nerot increased. Then one of the mage’s long sleeves caught his fingers. It seemed natural—something that could happen to anyone who valued style over practicality. However, Dallion knew that he’d gotten his answer.
The next time the harpsisword struck, no barrier emerged, letting it slice through the layers of garment and into the man’s side.
You better repair that once you’re done, the robe said with an almost audible wink.
“Bastard!” the old mage screamed. All of his spells fizzed away as he quickly started a series of new ones to compensate for the unexpected event. The waves of anger coming from him were deafening. And still, beyond the hatred, there was something else… a barely audible voice that kept whispering.
Once you kill him, you’ll be able to take your rightful place as the head of Linatol, the voice said.
Even he has an echo? Dallion wondered.
Weapons and magic aren’t the only ways to win a battle, the haprsisword said. Realm invasions were quite popular, a lot more than in the current age.
That made sense. It was one of the first warnings Dallion received, both within the realms and without. He had often asked himself why such importance was put on that, considering how rarely it actually occurred. Now he had his answer. Having one’s realm invaded was devastating, and also there was no way to tell that anything was wrong. The mage and all the other members of the “coup” might have had their realms invaded months or even years ago. It was even possible that they themselves had forgotten about it under the influence of a powerful limiting echo. They would continue with their lives, their loyalties unchanged until the moment they were thrust into action… like now.
Taking advantage of his opponent’s weakness, Dallion quickly put a few more strikes in. His speed, combined with the robe’s meddling, managed to grant him a few hits before the mage had successfully cast his protection and healing spells. In his mind, Dallion could almost see the red rectangles pop up. Unfortunately, that didn’t prove enough to earn him the victory. Unlike Katka, experienced mages were difficult to take down. Nil was very right when he said that a good strategy trumped quick reflexes each time.
A new set of aether swords emerged, though this time belonging to Nerot. The mage had swallowed his pride and was now using anything and everything to remain in the fight, including copying Dallion’s low-level spells. Purple filled the room, giving it the appearance of a vortex realm.
Every second dozens of Dallion’s instances faded out of existence, only to be replaced by dozens more. Yet, despite the huge strain, he could see he was starting to gain the upper hand. As much as the mage was doing, he was merely compensating for that single moment his robe had gone against him.
Harp, will his magic withstand a point attack? Dallion asked.
Maybe, the weapon’s guardian didn’t sound certain. It’s risky.
Not if I angle it right. All I need is to make sure that there’s nothing between him and the wall when I—
Reality shattered like glass. Fragments that could be felt, but didn’t exist, filled the hall bringing time to normal.
Both Dallion and the mage instinctively pulled back. Crossbow bolts hit the ceiling, destroying an entire portion of it. With several of his instances, Dallion could see Ruby send wind slashes against a small group of “merchants” who were charging at Diroh. A wave of ice quickly stopped them in their tracks as the fury focused on other targets. Even Skye was moving about like a ball of mist, blocking the vision of everyone who got near. But amid all the chaos, the event that was most notable of all was the archduke standing up from his throne.
Raw power emanated from him as he rose like a titan, his sights set on the mage.
“Did you think you could contain me in a realm, Nerot?” his voice boomed. Beneath him, the throne crumbled as if made of sugar. “You’ve grown bold and stupid in your old age.”
Black tendrils surrounded the mage as the overseer also emerged in the room. Aether and void clashed, with neither gaining the upper hand.
“When you ran from the Academy I took you in and this is how you thank me?” A chunk of the wall broke off, transforming into a spike as it flew at the mage’s stomach. The hit was fatal, piercing through tendrils, barriers, and the mage’s body himself.
The sight was enough to send chills down Dallion’s spine. That was the true power of an archduke. The political defeat had cost him a lot, but as a person, he remained strong as ever. It was that power that kept all other of his relatives at bay. They wanted the throne, but were fully aware they couldn’t have it. The display of power was also a warning: neither mage, nor overseer, nor plot attempt was capable of killing off the rightful ruler of the province.
Dallion looked at the remnants of the mage. While he could still sense the robe and many of the other item guardians, the magic that had been throughout the old man was no more. While a relief, that also was a pity. Dallion would have liked to have a go at questioning the echoes in his realm. It was very likely that most of them would have faded away before answering any questions, but the pride of their owners would have ensured that they be seen doing so. Now, all of Nerot’s secrets died with him.
The floor behind Archduke Linatol rose up, forming a new throne in the place of the last. Content that he had made his point, the noble sat back down, completely disinterested in the rest of the fighting that was taking place.
“So,” he looked at Dallion while the overseer joined the fray on his behalf. “Where were we?”
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this story, consider joining my patreon or check out my other stories on redditserials:
The Scuu Paradox (a Space Opera Sci Fi)
The Cassandrian Theory (a Space Opera Sci Fi)
The Impeccable Adventure of the Reluctant Dungeon (Dungeon Core Adventure Comedy)
Uncharted Waters (An Urban Fantasy Detective Noir)
submitted by LiseEclaire
to redditserials [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:13 Kahzgul [Near As I Can Tell...] Priorities, People! (A Youngling's Illustrated Primer)
My name is Kahzgul. You may know me from my shockingly above average conquest guide
, the incredible seething hatred I hold for the Inquisitorus
faction, or that one time I opened up photoshop
just to shit on CG's
underpaid and overworked intern.
But I'm not here to talk to you about that today.
No, I'm here to speak to all of the young men, women, and bith of the SWGoH community, and to help you help yourself when it comes to determining what to farm, when to farm it, and whether blue or green milk tastes better (it's green; I'll explain why later).
You see, every day, a little boy or girl posts something that asks the question, "should I farm this (endgame content)?" And I have been moved by their plight. There is no greater good than that of a good soldier following orders, and second to that, love of the empire, but third - a distant third - is raising the younglings to become powerful sand people, in their prime, ready to take on the OH GOD IT'S ANAKIN AND WHAT IS HE DOI---
I'm sorry about that. The previous writer has been sacked. Or, rather, diced into tiny barbecue squares by a bloodthirsty jedi master, who - despite his great acumen - was not granted a seat on the council. Quite unfair. If something like that were to happen to me, well, I'm quite sure I'd team up with the wrinkliest old fart I could find and straight murder everyone in one of those school lightsaberings you read about in the news. Can you believe we're up to nearly 2 lightsaberings per day? It's absurd. This entire republic is rotten to the core and you can just feel the need for a strong leader to step in, impose a military dictatorship, and start blowing up entire planets. Did you know my sister lives on Alderaan? I think that's where we should st---
Sorry about that. That writer has also been sacked. And the person responsible for the first sacking was also sacked. What we were trying to do was to answer the question: Should i farm this very expensive shiny new endgame content with my brand new account that doesn't even have CLS unlocked yet?
The answer to this question is, as you probably expect, a long winded parable about some nonsense or other that has nothing to do with anything and serves no purpose at all excepting to remind you that the author has recently been watching an awful lot of Monty Python and that this is, in fact, an ex-parrot.
Actually, the answer is another question:
Should you, who earns only $36,000 per year, buy your 15 year old with their learner's permit a ferrari as their first car?
Of course you should! N't. You shouldn't.
That joke works better if you say it out loud. Like that joke where the guy goes to the doctor and says he's got a penis stuck in his throat and the doctor says how do you know and the guy says well look and then you rub through adam's apple a bunch and spit on your friend to whom you're telling the joke. Text just doesn't do it justice.
So, and now we've finally arrived at the helpful guide portion of this ramble, how is one to determine for themselves
whether or not they should farm something? The self-determination part is really important. I like to live by this age-old adage: If you give a man a fire, he's warm for a night, but if you set him on fire he's warm for the rest of his life.
The answer is that, much like an elderly politician of your choosing's undergarments, it depends
CG has, over the years, released three type of shiny and new things:
- One is what I'll call the "Jedi Knight Revan" style of new thing. 5 brand new characters come out who are required to get a 6th brand new and powerful character. Darth Revan, Starkiller, Dr. Aphra, and the soon-to-be-arriving Jedi Cal Kestis are all good examples of this sort of release. You can go after these right away if you like. There's no real barrier to entry and you can get something shiny and new out of the investment.
- The second is the "The Solo Movie" style of thing. Sometimes CG just adds some shit and it sucks ass for a really long time. Rogue One (okay now thanks to AdRad but that was several years later), Young Han Solo and friends (nest was cool), the Inks when they first came out and really even still if you're not at the point where you can get GI or Reva... stuff like that.
- And the third is the "Jedi Master Luke" style of thing. MOST of the shiny and new things CG adds build off of other things that were, at one time, shiny and new all on their own. These things are pretty easy for older players to go after because they already have all of the earlier requirements completed, but new players are going to find that earning this sort of thing is nigh impossible. I mean you need JKL which means you need the Wampa... Sometimes the chains of requirements are quite long.
For example, Leviathan needs you to have the Fury-Class Interceptor, which needs Malgus to pilot it, both of which need you to have been near max-crating conquest for a long time, which means you're well over 4M GP and don't need this guide anyway (but if you read this far, please know that I appreciate you more than padme appreciated Keira Knightley).
So what I'm saying is, the journey guide isn't particularly good at telling you whether a farm is reasonable or not. Some farms require r8 and r9 characters, and those are hard to get for people who are in 300M GP guilds, let alone people who aren't sure if a 20M GP guild will take them (sorry, egnards; we're really looking for someone with a 7 star lobot for DS Hoth platoons).
This game is a game about patience, first and foremost. It's also a game about space lasers and butchering amazing music by changing the song every time a button is pressed (which de facto makes it a game about turning off the sound of the game entirely). And it's a game about investment.
Where do you get the best return on investment for your limited resources?
Almost never farm new and shiny things. I don't care how candy-like the red button looks, Ren and Stimpy absolutely will not - oh. He pressed it. Well, if you have the impulse control of an anthropomorphic cartoon cat drawn by an army of lunatics balls deep in LSD, you should call 1-800-GAMBLER and seek help. I've heard 1 in 10 people who calls that number wins a prize! Also I can sing the entire "Log™" song from memory, which probably tells you a lot about the sort of person I am.
Your best return is going to be going for things that were new and shiny about a year ago, and it will remain your best return right up until you start running out of things to farm that fit that description (several years from now). Now, even that description leaves a w i d e
array of things you could be going after. So which to choose? Well, with an eye towards the distant future, I recommend going after characters and ships first, and gear second. A roster with every character at 7 stars and G1 is better in my mind than one with five characters at r9 and no one else unlocked (although if you had everyone at G1 and 7 stars you're certainly cheating so... grain of salt). Characters who unlock other characters should be prioritized over ones who just sit there looking stupid (or, in CUP's case, being a badass meme guy).
If you're slightly farther along, I'd say it's time to start thinking about how you catch up to the power curve of the game. Think of the curve as a wave you're trying to surf. You gotta paddle a bit to catch it, but once you do... you're golden. So you have to know where the wave is going to form, right? You can't just start surfing when you're still on the beach. That's lame. So you're going to want to get characters who get you more characters so you can hopefully get even more characters in the future.
There are two places to do that more than any other: Fleet Arena, where you earn daily crystals, which let you do more energy refreshes so you can earn more characters, and Conquest, where you earn new and shiny characters loooong before they're available to people who aren't maxing conquest every time. And the good news is that there's some overlap there - the fleet arena for newer players can be well handled by Executor, which needs Piett to pilot, and Piett is a key part of the Imp Trooper conquest team (Veers / Piett / Starck / Gideon / Range) which is all supports and runs a nasty turn meter train (and also can be used to complete not one but two Assault Battle events that reward relic mats and shards and stuff).
You'll need to buy one set of relic 8 materials with crystals, probably. So save up a few!
If you've got executor, then I recommend going after JML and Wat next. That combo (along with the reqs for JML) enables a LOT of cheese strategies in conquest. All of this will also help your GAC success.
If you've hit these benchmarks, then you've probably done enough that you have a sense of where your roster could benefit more. Remember to keep in mind "how does this help me get more characters" and you'll find you're doing very well.
TL;DR: Plan on being a year or more behind the release schedule of new characters, and you'll be able to stay astride of your fleet shard while climbing GAC ranks and prepping to dominate conquest when you get to 4M GP. Don't buy CG's marketing hype; take a "wait and see" approach to new characters and let the whales figure out who is good and who isn't before you spend time and energy on them.
submitted by Kahzgul
to SWGalaxyOfHeroes [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:51 Spartawolf Galactic High (Chapter 73)
As the first rays of morning light peeked through the tattered blinds, Jack slowly opened his eyes, groaning slightly as he rolled out of bed on reflex and began his pushups. Lowering himself down and pressing himself up again like it was second nature to him, Jack slowly woke up and took stock. He felt a little more relaxed and well rested than normal, an unusual but welcome change from the nightmares and poor sleep he had gotten used to. But whether it was his time spent relaxing and watching films with the others the previous night or just sheer exhaustion finally catching up to him, he wasn't sure.
Regardless, Jack checked the time, the system of which Sephy had gone through with him a few times. Measurement systems were quite finicky here, but after just over a week of waking up in similar fashion Jack saw that the numbers looked similar to all the previous nights, and when he stopped a moment to listen, he couldn’t hear anybody else moving about. Even Dante was still asleep, and Jack was pleased to see that the ‘dog’ was breathing a bit better. Whatever Rayle had done seemed to work, though he’d still search for the nearest vet just in case Dante got this way again.
Tiptoeing across the room Jack quickly changed into some exercise clothes and grabbed his towel from where it was dumped on the floor from the previous day. This was a routine he had very rarely ever compromised on ever since he arrived in this realm, and like clockwork Jack tiptoed down the stairs and poured himself a drink of cold tea from the pot, downing it quickly before carefully opening the door to outside. Rayle was still asleep, resting their body on the natural ground to take advantage of their Druidic powers to slowly heal as they slept, but the two opossum-like Screediips, Thulu and Stega poked their heads out nervously to stare at Jack as he crept his way down the long-abandoned ancient road to the district wall. The only sounds were a few small birds fluttering well above him, and the soft thuds of his feet dragging themselves to the starting line.
Pulling out the display for his commlink was always a hassle for Jack ever time he tried, but he was getting better, correctly selecting the music app, clicking on the ‘workout’ tag and hitting ‘random’ with only a few errors or missclicks. As the heavy bass kicked in, beginning a strange combination of what sounding like a cross between death metal and yodelling, Jack started his warm up, his legs feeling stiff and barely functional until he got into a rhythm and soon began running without a problem.
It was about an hour before Jack wound down, seeing that Rayle had gotten up from their spot and left the back door open. So, finishing his workout he lightly jogged over, slipping through and seeing Nika awkwardly make another pot of tea.
“Wish I could have joined you.” The Kizun sighed. “Still sore but at least I’ll be able to come to school with you guys, no way am I gonna risk getting in detention, so it looks like I’m gonna try and tough it out.”
“Hey, you shouldn’t feel pressured to go if you’re hurt!” Jack cautioned. “We know a bunch of people that definitely won’t be able to come in, surely they won’t hand out detentions after a crisis?”
“They have before.” Rayle shook their head as they handed Jack a mug of water, which he downed greedily. “Glad I woke up in time, if it wasn’t for that Lifestone of yours I would probably still be in a coma.”
“Yeah about that.” that reminded Jack. “How are you holding up Rayle?”
“Much better!” The Squa’Kaar smiled nervously. “My connection to the earth is much stronger here, so I’ll be fine! I feel bad for those that lack the ability though…”
“Yeah, if it’s all the same with you Rayle I prefer sleeping in my room instead of freezing my ass outside.” Nika snorted.
“We always have the Lesser Lifestone?” Jack questioned. “Are you able to use that and get better?”
“You have a point.” Nika smiled. “But I’ll wait for the others to get up first, they probably need it more.”
“Doubt it.” Jack shrugged, “You’re hurt the most, you might as well get patched up otherwise you’re gonna have me worried all day.”
“Alright.” Nika smiled unsurely. “I’ll talk to Alora, you go have a shower before you stink up the place!”
“Heh, alright.” Jack sighed as he quickly made his way upstairs.
Once he left, Nika immediately reached into one of her pockets, frantically pulling out her bottle of pills. Quickly taking one, she gave the bottle a shake and sighed when she realised she was getting low. She had been taking pills to throw off her heat cycle more regularly now Jack was living with them, and times like these when he was either helping her with something or just straight up worried about her really set her off.
“You should stop fighting it.” Rayle pointed out from where she was curled up on the sofa sipping her tea, still wrapped up in the blanket they had taken outside while Nika gave her a look. “It’s not healthy to fight against an important aspect of your nature, why not just give in to it?”
“No.” Nika sighed before elaborating. “I mean, yeah I’ve thought about it but I honestly don’t think I’m anywhere near ready for that kind of stuff yet and I don’t think Jack is either. Besides, it’s not debilitating and the pills usually last a while. It’s just one of those things I’ll need to get used to.”
“Will it have any long-term effects?” the Druid asked curiously.
“Um…I don’t think so.” Nika shrugged. “My people have been using these since before our recorded history, ever since we no longer needed to rapidly spread, and there doesn’t seem to be any kind of built-up resistance over the generations. Buying these is the real problem though. My people are quite spread out amongst known and probably unknown space too, but finding a regular supplier can be a real pain sometimes even on the Ring. I’ll be alright. I usually am...”
Jack’s body was still glistening with sweat from his run as he entered the bathroom and locked the door. Quickly shucking his clothes off and turning on the water, he waited for it to warm up a little bit before stepping in. As the hot water cascaded down his body he let out a sigh of relief as he washed away the grime, before leaning back against the cubicle wall and allowing a moment of relaxation before he knew he would have to walk into whatever shitshow awaited the group today.
He was brought back from his thoughts when the shower made a slight stuttering sound, prompting him to quickly turn it off and wrap a towel around him. Walking over to the sink and looking into the old, cracked mirror, he inspected the telltale signs of hair growing above his top lip. He hadn’t really been taught to shave before his arrival, because he hadn’t needed to learn yet, but Jack didn’t really like the idea of starting to grow a moustache or a beard at his age. Reaching into the bag he brought in with him he pulled out a knife he had been using for this purpose for the last week or so, which he kept reasonably sharpened. Though he didn’t know if there was any shaving cream or anything sold that could help protect his skin and make the process a little quicker and less stress-free, he still proceeded regardless, carefully running the blade up and down…
He quickly looked around as without warning, the door opened to reveal Vanya, who looked at him in a panic as he nicked his skin with the blade.
“No!” She yelled as she rushed over to him. “What are you doing!”
“Woah wait! Vanya! Calm down!” Jack tried to wave her off in confusion as she grabbed the arm holding the knife, allowing her to take it from him as he just stood there baffled, as she cast a quick healing spell on him.
Wait? Did she think he was…
“Hey.” Jack calmly put his hands on Vanya’s trembling arms. “That wasn’t what you thought it was, I’m not checking out just yet.” ‘At least never like that, since I’m a fucking coward…’
Jack thought to himself. “You okay Vanya?”
“Um…I’m sorry, I…” Vanya began, and had to take a few moments to calm herself down, breathing deeply in and out as a coping mechanism. “I’m sorry Jack.” She started again. “In the moment I didn’t know what you were doing and I thought the worst.”
“Nah, it’s fine.” Jack tried to give her a reassuring smile, knowing that he must have inadvertently triggered something in the rabbit-like girl. “I was just doing guy stuff, didn’t mean to spook you. How did you even get in if I locked the door?”
“I don’t know, I just turned it as normal and it opened, it might be broken.” She motioned to the long-cracked mirror. “Just like a bunch of other things, you guys mentioned you needed to do some home repairs.”
“Yeah.” Jack sighed, though realistically he didn’t feel bad about it. It was something more normal that he had an aptitude for, as he often helped his father and his brothers around the house with chores on the weekends. “Something might be off with the plumbing or something too, the shower was sputtering a bit towards the end but I wasn’t actually using it for that long.”
“Yeah I think Alora mentioned having the occasional utility problems when guests are over, I’m guessing it might be more problematic now there’s more people living here for the foreseeable future.” Vanya sighed. “I hope there’s enough for me.”
“There should be. If not then maybe Zayle can help with their water spirit?” Jack grinned, before suddenly realising something. “Um…mind getting off me and letting me get changed first?”
“Oh! Sorry!” Vanya panicked as she quickly moved back, freeing the towel around Jack’s waist to fall to the ground…
“Oh…” The Chuna just about got out with wide eyes, before Jack took the initiative and gently manhandled her out of the room, shutting the door behind him.
Quickly finishing his shave and getting dressed Jack waved the embarrassed Vanya in, who had pulled out her small handbag, somehow managing to yank out a fully folded school uniform for the day. Jack guessed it was something similar to the extra-dimensional wicker basket the Squa’Kaar twins had used to store most of their belongings. Heading downstairs, Jack was happy to see that the rest of the household was awake in various states of lucidity. Nika was wide awake and eating breakfast with Alora, who was a little tired but otherwise coping. Chiyo and the Squa’Kaar were sitting on the sofa catching the headlines while Sephy was still looking tired browsing her commlink.
“You’ve got some more bounties on you Jack.” Sephy cautioned. “But nowhere near as bad as last week, probably not gonna be a problem.”
“Who has he pissed off now?” Nika asked curiously.
“Actually it’s all of us.” Sephy shrugged. “Apparently the Ogar clan the Laird belonged to seeks a Weregild for his death. They either weren’t able to put up much or just don’t give a shit and put up a token amount that satisfies their tradition. We’ve also got some anonymous accounts freshly made that are bumping Jack up again…”
“Malakiel?” Jack asked, worried.
“Nah. It’s gotta be related to the Klowns. They’ve tagged a bunch of people, all prominent people that are publicly known to have had a hand in fighting off the Klowns. You, Luvia, Svaarti, Devil’s Daughter, and everyone’s favourite asshole Svaartal are up there, but the amounts are spread fairly evenly. Oh hey! Mr Sparrel’s here too! And holy crap, so is Master Kull!”
“How are the Klowns able to post bounties?” Zayle asked in confusion as their earth spirit lumbered over and brought over a tray of tea.
“Because it isn’t them themselves actually doing it.” Nika pointed out. “It’s all the crazies actually backing them on the datanet that want to see everything burn. The damn simps!” The Cult of Jingubash is likely involved too.
Chiyo added. They are known to exist but they’re treated the same as the Cult of the Destroyer. The Klowns are their public force, but there are many worshippers that hide in the shadows and keep their allegiances well hidden. They’re not believed to be organised in the way cultists of the Destroyer usually are, but they’re still very dangerous.
“Good to know.” Jack shrugged. “At least I’m one of many, any bounty hunters I should know about?”
“Nope.” Sephy smiled. “You’re all clear on the public list, but that doesn’t mean hunters aren’t coming after you, or they just haven't announced it publicly yet.”
“Yeah, when you’re known to have done a public service for the city, people tend to frown on those that want to mess with you.” Nika grinned as the conversation ended, with Jack quickly accepting the breakfast Zayle made for him as he watched the news, with Rayle occasionally skipping the more boring stories.
“...dire news as people are still being recovered from this scene of devastation…”
“..The CEO of Corvin Enterprises has threatened to hunt down and expel all ‘peasants’ from the newly annexed district…”
“It is currently unknown what occurred at the Pallid Pit, however Drow involvement in cleansing it is speculated to be the likely cause…”
“Red Legion forces have been pushed back from the Taurin Sector, causing many to wonder - Is the Red Legion on the brink of defeat?”
“....it is unknown if this is a possible sign of a new Nascent Demon Lord awakening on Hive Station Bastilla, but local factions are investigating….”
“Local rangers have confirmed a mass-migration of many Zorn tribes heading westward into the unexplored wilderness. The reason for this is unknown…”
“We have Breaking News!” A cheery avian female suddenly popped up on the screen. She was in a large hall amidst a crowd of journalists with a podium and lectern combo at the end. “I am reporting live from Cocaine Keep, where local warlord Commander Cocaine has called a press conference in light of the apparent death of Devil’s Daughter…oh! Looks like he’s about to speak!”
The camera zoomed in on a large biped walking to the podium. With greenish grey skin and several bone plates protecting their maw, the mean-looking, aquatic-looking warrior was wearing a full set of lithe combat armour that hugged his large frame, with an oversized pair of goggles and a plain white bandana.
“Ooooh yeah!” The warrior roared intensely, shutting up the crowd instantly as he posed with bulging muscles for the cameras as his voice echoed throughout the hall. “I’ve heard the news, yeah! I’ve seen the Klowns, yeah! I’ve smelled the chaos, yeah! And I sense the cries of the people for a hero, yeah! SO COMMANDER COCAINE WILL ANSWER! OOOOH YEAH!”
In the views of the cameras, Jack could see the front rows of journalists start to back away, almost as if they were afraid of the volatile warlord doing something crazy.
Jack couldn’t blame them.
“Yeah! I know you’re all feeling scared and alone out there, yeah! I know things are bad, yeah!” The lunatic continued, with energetic motions towards the stunned crowd. “But let me tell you people something. Commander Cocaine may not be the biggest or strongest there is, but I’ve got heart! I’ve got spirit! And I’ve got lots of cocaine! Ooooh yeah!”
He made several poses with his muscles bulging beneath his armour before he concluded his speech.
”You know who I am, but just in case you don’t, I am Commander Cocaine, and I am the hero this city needs! Anyone with an active bounty better watch out, because Commander Cocaine is coming! OOOOH YEAH!”
With that he strutted off as several reporters from the front row tried to ask him some questions.
“Well, we just heard from Commander Cocaine, who has just sworn to be the hero this city needs!” The reporter started after regaining their composure. “If you want to aid him, you can join the Cocaine Crusaders at the following…” That’s enough crazy for me right now.
Chiyo interrupted as she used her powers to call the remote to her and changed the channel.
“Heh, check this out!” Sephy suddenly cackled. “Svaartal’s got a fat bounty on him, probably from fans of Devil’s Daughter!”
“I hope Devil’s Daughter is okay…” Alora spoke up sadly, causing Sephy to calm down. “We may be partially responsible for what happened…”
“No, Devil’s Daughter made her choice using the information we gave her, we couldn’t have predicted what she would do with it.” Nika reasoned. “And we’re totally going for that bounty, right? We still owe Svaartal a receipt for coming after Jack last week, it’ll be the perfect time to get him if we all work together to take him down.”
“You forget that he’s aligned himself with a powerful Drow House!” Alora chided her. “Who we really want to shake off! As good as we are, we cannot stand against them if we give them greater cause to seek our destruction!”
“They came for us already!” Sephy pointed out. “How could it be worse? Besides, we can take them!”
“It could be a lot worse!” Alora cautioned. “And not only are the Drow Nobles powerful individually, they have a powerful force backing them. There’s a reason why they are a major faction here! You’d risk putting all of us in massive danger!”
“Svaartal has to separate from them at some point.” Nika reasoned. “What do you think Jack?”
“I don’t want to go after him.” Jack immediately replied, truthfully. “But if he gives me a good reason to, I'll face him again. However, if he leaves us alone, we can leave him alone.”
“Well, that’s decided.” Alora sighed in relief. “We haven’t got too much time before we need to go, so let’s all hurry up and get ready!”
As they all hustled and did what they needed to do, Nika sat down on the sofa already ready, unhappy with the decision on Svaartal. He was a dangerous threat to the group, and after his ambush on them she knew he had to be taken out before he had a chance to come for them again. She had tried to take him out during the Klown attack when everyone else was safe and nobody was looking, without success. But here, there was an opportunity to take him out for good without getting their own hands dirty.
Logging in to one of her proxy accounts, Nika bumped up Svaartal’s bounty some more, making it that much more lucrative…. ‘Shouldn’t have tried to kill Jack, asshole.’
She thought to herself with a sly smile.
The queues to the school entrance checkpoints were shorter than usual due to the Klown attack, but not depressingly so. Several of the students were talking to each other while they waited in line as they looked up and down the rows in hopes of seeing their friends. To Jack’s mind, many seemed relieved that there weren’t as many victims as they had expected, and the realisation that he played a major part in saving a lot of his fellow students around him during the attack gave him a warm feeling in the back of his mind.
Unfortunately, said good thoughts evaporated when they got closer to the prefects.
“Halt!” One of the Korrigan prefects ordered the group as they approached. “Due to increased security measures you will submit to a full pat down. Failure to comply will result in your immediate termination.”
“Heh, as if they could take us.” Sephy grinned to the others as she was surprisingly the first to volunteer, though Jack had no doubt the sneaky Skritta had ways of hiding what she didn’t want to be seen.
“You two, come this way.” The head prefect observing their queue told Jack and Alora as they moved separately to be searched.
“What have you got hidden here?” the Prefect narrowed his eyes at Jack as they neared the end of their check. It had been quite thorough but he hadn’t given the Prefects a hard time because of it. He could understand the need for additional security in light of the Klown attack, but he wished they weren’t so heavy handed…
“Those are my balls.” Jack squirmed away. “Handle with care, or preferably not at all!”
“Yeah only we get to do that!” Sephy grinned as Jack sputtered in shock.
“You may go.” The Prefect told him. “Actually…wait a moment.”
“Is there a problem?” Jack asked warily, not wanting to be given any grief by these guys.
“I…” the grey-skinned Prefect began before they found their words. “I want to thank you and your friends for what you did at the party, many of my friends and colleagues are still alive because of you.”
“I…that’s alright, I just did what I could to help.” Jack replied, abruptly taken aback by the words. As bad as the Prefects could be, they were still people.
As the rest of the group made it past the checkpoint to head to the lifts, Jack groaned internally as he saw several drow waiting for them up ahead. If looks alone could kill, Izadora was certainly trying as she snarled at the human, who grinned defiantly in return while wearing the shades he had picked up from one of the two Drow Nobles that had attacked him during their raid on the Pallid Pit. The two brothers, Soren and Kravel, were nearby dealing with the checkpoint, but Jack could see they had clocked their group’s arrival.
The huge drow was there too, close to Izadora, and casually leaning against the entry staircase looking bored. Another smaller drow was there who he didn’t immediately recognise, wasn’t she with Soren when the drow came to pick up Svaarti? She certainly stood out from the crowd; despite the slim, athletic build similar to most of the other Drow, Jack could see several school uniform violations, with the thin, high collared black leather-like jacket, with interwoven silvery circuitry that appeared functional being the most blatant, and several dyed strands of light purple amongst her naturally white long hair.
And finally, Svaartal himself. Standing at attention, he was leaning on the staff of Devil’s Daughter, and staring right at him.
“Someone’s chasing clout with that staff.” Nika growled, keeping her hands ready to draw weapons, ignoring the pain of movement as she put on an air of confidence.
“Let’s try not to escalate this if we can.” Alora cautioned.
“You.” Izadora growled under her breath, and the Eladrie sighed resignedly.
“Hey there!” Jack grinned widely, as he gave the Drow Matriarch a friendly wave while many students stopped to watch the exchange, knowing what had happened the last time. “How was your weekend?” He mocked, though he kept up the friendly facade.
“Better than yours I suspect.” She snarled back. “I’m surprised you’re alive, Outsider.”
“Wait, what?” The unknown Drow with them perked up, looking baffled, turning around to stare at Izadora, as Jack saw the traces of several neon circuitry designs peek up from the collar of her school uniform. “This
is the guy that kicked your ass and got you all worked up, sister? He doesn’t look so tough to me! My mech could totally wreck him, shame the High Matriarch said no!”
Jack didn’t think the foul expression of Izadora couldn’t get worse, but he was almost amused to see that he was quite wrong. Both Svaartal and the huge drow covered their smirks as the Matriarch rounded on who was apparently her sister, even as the unusual Drow waltzed closer to Jack, peering at him with a curious expression. Nika immediately had her shotgun levelled at their head as Chiyo drew in her power, ready to lash out.
“What?” The strange drow rolled her eyes at the girls as she stopped. “I haven’t even done anything yet!”
“Dextra.” Izadora snapped with gritted teeth. “Satisfy your foolish curiosity another time.”
“You talk too much for a humiliated Matriarch trying to save face.” Sephy chipped in with her ricocheting plasma pistols pointed at the ground, though Jack knew from the angle that she had subtly taken aim at Izadora. “Jack kicked your ass right here, and we took out your special forces at the Pallid Pit!”
“I will make you…” Izadora snarled, before they were interrupted by a familiar, cool voice.
“Izadora, what is the reason you are accosting this group of students?” Rena called out, as she approached the crowd, and Jack was surprised and glad to see Nya trailing gingerly behind her, staring at Svaartal’s newly acquired staff. “It appears that you are holding up the flow of traffic.”
“I am simply ensuring that they know the rules, Rena.” Izadora dismissed. “I-”
“I doubt it.” Rena snapped, unamused. “Your duties are done here, I have been instructed to tell you to report to Mr Zhiel’s office immediately before class.”
Izadora grumbled but ultimately complied, while Svaartal and Dextra slinked away. Only the large one remained behind, looking at Rena almost amusedly as she gave orders to the students to disperse, before he finally turned lazily and slunk up the stairs, but not before subtly looking at Jack for just a tiny moment with a thin smirk.
“I would suggest you all go to your form classes, as there have been several changes in light of the Killer Klown’s attack. I will however address you about this incident later.” Rena sternly told their group, as Alora gently pulled Jack away, quietly pleading with him not to start any trouble, despite the human’s wish to chase after and attack Izadora again, and to give Rena some backtalk.
“Jack, did you really have to wear those shades you looted from the Mal’Kar’s around their surviving family?” The Eladrie sighed disapprovingly as they left the area.
“Yep!” He grinned as they made their way to the lifts.
“Totally worth it…”
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH! COMMANDER COCAINE IS COMING!
If you're impatient for the next chapter, why not check out my previous series?
Some pictures have been added to The Galactic High Info Sheet!
If you have any fanart or any pictures you think might fit one of the entries, please let us know on the discord!
Don't forget! You all have the ability to leave comments and notes to the entries, which I encourage you to do!
As always I love to see the comments on what you guys think!
Don't forget to join the discussion with us on Discord
, and consider checking me out on Youtube
if you haven't already! Until next week, it's goodbye for now!
submitted by Spartawolf
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:45 Stcs2005 r/Undertale sings Power of NEO (again)
submitted by Stcs2005 to redditsings [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:31 redditduk [MegaList] SG Gigs & Music Concerts: Mid June (9 - 22 Jun 2023)
June 9 Update v2: Corrected with *. Tiny Moving Parts cancelled. 12-14 June reddit boycott. Bonus 24-jun-only listing hosted off-reddit soon.
- Shallow Levée 淺堤 (TW indie pop-rock band), lion studios 115b commonwealth drive, $89
- Esplanade: The Nature of Strings - pipa & harp by gildon choo & charmaine teo - day 1, free
- Esplanade Contemporary Dance: Dance at Dusk - The Human Expression (T.H.E) Dance Company - Day 1, outdoor, free
- SSO: Singapore Symphony Orchestra's Magic Hour at Raffles Hotel, raffles hotel lawn, free
- Jazz Loft; UNDERGROUND feat. Tim O'Dwyer & Vuk Krakovic (Gypsy-Klezmer-Balkan-Celtic-Jazz), blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Maduro: BLUES + SOUL = JAZZ ft. Rick Smith, Richard Jackson & Joshua Wan, jazz bar harding rd (dempsey) $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Havana Nights with Dairon - Day 2, jw mariott beach rd, jazz-ish bar $30
- Piano Fest: Tengku Irfan - Recital, victoria concert hall, $20
- Piano Fest: Jonathan Biss - Masterclass, $20
- Piano Talk: Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Victoria Concert Hall, $10
- Klassique Musik: CORINNA Somewhere In Time Meets Winter Sonata, esplanade, $50
- Dance: NUNO by Decandance - day 1, esplanade, $25-$33
- Sopranos Bistro - Jazz & Clar (70s to 90s music live), 18 carpenter st clarke quay
- Las Americas - Barranquilla Night, 43 Tras Street
- Gastrobeats: Tabula (rock), marina bay open space, free
- Drag Event: Baby Queen Movie Screening - SG first drag movie & drag aftershow, projector golden mile, $39
- * DJ, MODAL 1st Anniversary - Tommy Four Seven (techno) & aya, ems, jehm, haw par villa, $45 door available see IG stories
- DJ, CULTURE & Fuego Night 🔥 - Flyness X MOOD (hiphop rnb pop), luxe club marina square, $36
- DJ, JST BCZ - the Drum n Bass Den with Natty Lou, JAC, Suffix Sans, Davros SWTLKR, project x picturehouse (the cathay dhoby), $22
- DJ, Strange Weather - Kelab Malam ft. Dekadenz (JKT) w/ Aditya Permana, Ridwan, Jonathan Kusuma, club iki at ikigai riverwalk (clarke quay), $27
- DJ, COLDPLAY TRIBUTE Flashback Friday by UnfilteredPresents, hard rock cafe orchard, $28
- DJ, 87 Club Street Bar - DJ Matty
- DJ, Throwback Night @ Edition Rooftop Bar - dj andrew chow, 182 clemenceau ave (dhoby), free reg
- DJ, The Gentle's Bar & Records Soft Opening - DJ Aloy (80s), 47a neil road
- DJ, Club Hell, Reincarnation in Hell ft mistress kiramoon, 113 telok ayer (mrt), gay club $35 soldout
- * DJ, Neil Conversion: Beyonce Night, 43 Neil Road, gay bar-club
- DJ, Offtrack: HOLDTight (FRA), beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Potato Head: Seng Wei (disco funk nite), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- DJ, Cherry: Haili, Mindaniel (vn), ayekay, som j, 133 cecil st, ~$30
- DJ, Club Rich: From Taiwan Night - DJ Ashley Baby x MC KTwo, 114 middle road (bugis)
- DJ, MILK: NO Regrets Hardstyle - ft. 3than, rick savage, 530 North Bridge Rd Bugis Point L3, $30
- DJ, Black Horse: 525 Friday ft Joeru with Highness, Gerlexis (hardstyle, oriental edm, open), ming arcade orchard L7, asian style club
- DJ, Drip: GAWLI Sessions ft Y3llo, Jerry Jay, Fakecake, Past 12, Wuu Kee (hiphop, baile funk, pop), 100 Orchard Rd Concorde Hotel, $32
- DJ, Yang Club: The Scene ft Sherpa, reiko, miggy t, mr boo, clarke quay
- DJ, Prism: POSH - Pop Night ft. DJ Limmy, Tajima, Cherish (10s edm), prism club marina square, $27
- DJ, CE LA VI: ANGELOS (GRE, afro house, deep), marina bay sands hotel tower 3, $38
- DJ, Zouk: MAMBO JAMBO Night with ALDRIN & Hong(synthpop, disco, 80s boogie), zouk clarke quay, ~$45
- DJ, Marquee: SHOWTEK (hardstyle, electrohouse), marina bay sands, ~$55
- SLAM 30th Anniversary Concert, star theatre buona vista, $137
- 魏妙如 Ruth Kueo - Safe Haven: Homecoming concert, lion studios 115B Commonwealth Drive, $74
- Zheng Yi (郑怡) & Zhou Zhi Ping (周治平) - Everlasting Love Ballads 那一年， 那首歌 2, esplanade, $88
- Liyana Fizi (MY singer-songwriter folk bossa) ft Subsonic Eye's Wahidah, projector golden mile tower, $38
- Mathcore to Pop-punk Gig: Brainwashed Vol 3 - Circle Line Kid, Heaven Brought Me Hell, Glassmouth, Aggressive Raisin Cat, Flush, phil's studio parklane shopping ctr L5, $20 doors left
- A Capella: NUS Resonance: Vocal Obsession X: the night we met - Day 1, NUS UCC, preview $20
- Esplanade: Pipa & harp by gildon choo & charmaine teo - last, free
- Esplanade Dance: Dance at Dusk by T.H.E - Day 2, outdoor, free
- Jazz Loft: IRESON Latin Jazz Quartet, blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Simply Jazz: Mario Serio, Louis Soliano Night, B1 Chijmes, jazz bar
- Frenchie Wine Bar: Jazz Music with Rick Smith & Richard Jackson, 81 tras st (tanjong pagar)
- Maduro: KENCHANA JAZZ with Rachma Quartet ft. Soukma, jazz bar harding rd (dempsey), $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Havana Nights with Dairon - Last, jw mariott beach rd, jazz-ish bar $30
- SCO: For Our Dreams: Wang Chenwei’s Composition Showcase (cond. Tsung Yeh), SCO concert hall, $40
- Chinese Orchestra: SCO - For Our Dreams: Wang Chenwei's Composition Showcase 逐梦: 王辰威作品专场音乐会, 7 shenton way, left $40
- Chinese Orchestra: Ding Yi Music Company - 绣艺•留香 Intimate Intricacies (cond. Quek Ling Kiong), SCCC 1 Straits Boulevard, $28
- Piano Fest: Jonathan Biss Recital, victoria concert hall, $20
- Piano Fest: Masterclass by Tengku Irfan, victoria concert hall, $20
- Ballet x Orchestra: Symphony of Dance - SNYO x Singapore Ballet, esplanade, $20
- Ballet: Cheng Youth Ballet Academy - Révérence 2023 - Day 1, NUS UCC, $50
- Talk: Our Voices: Dialogue on Intercultural Music (classical), National Library, free
- Blackbird: Johnny Come Lately (eagles tribute night + surath&rene), gillman barracks music bar
- Hero's Bar: Embers (rock, funk), 69 circular rd boat quay
- Timbre One-North: Strait Up Blues Open Jam, jtc launchpad one-north, $20 per jammer with drink
- Gastrobeats: A-List & Onelove, marina bay open space, free
- Drag: RIOT!, hard rock cafe orchard, $15
- Roller Skate: HiRoller Skate Rink's Disco Night!, Pasir Ris E!Hub
- DJ, CAWFEE MIX!! 4th Anniversary - J-Core, Anime-song x Bass Music ft 3R2 (TW), rainry, rinairi/VITICZ/yungbentai/Vanille Altzy/10SAI/WINDY, Wild Pearl Studio Micro-club 195 Pearl's Hill Terrace (chinatown), $28
- DJ, Goth Event: The Batcave Project: Batastrophe ft. Kabuki Kaiser, Katronyk, Grave, Jono (darkwave post-punk, industrial, ebm), Hexenskye Studios at York Hill (near furama riverfront), $25
- DJ, TRANCE4M International ft Paul Denton (IRE), rob z, club iki @ ikigai riverwalk clarke quay, $45
- * DJ, FUEGO NIGHT BEACH FIESTA DJs Kfaith & Skilla (Reggaeton, Afrobeats, Hip Hop, pop), sand bar 53 siloso beach walk Sentosa, $30
- DJ & Live Music: Transcend Ego Dissolving Dance Party by Mantravine ft yetpet, tom shellsuit et al., kult kafe the grandstand 200 turf club road (sixth avenue), $20
- DJ Queer Brunch: SUNNY SIDE UP: thugshop x fomohomo pink pride edition - Your queer boozy brunch party , 66 boat quay, $55
- DJ, Pool Party: AQUA AFFAIR (kollywood x bollywood ft DJ Prasen, Melwin, Helsing), one farrer hotel, $30
- DJ, Element Hip-hop Edition 2 - ft. DJ Marie, Badgaldidi, suffix_sams, mr gray, misfits bar 18 ciruclar rd (boat quay), $21
- DJ, Afterlife - Pop Queens Crush (y2k era) ft. 3than, Ling, scruple & dahlia rose), prism club marina square, $35
- DJ, Melodic Beats house/techno rooftop party - ft VIOLESC, Kid Barna & PMIGALIC, Club Di Lusso 2 Hastings Rd (rocholittle india), $20
- DJ, Mukke: berlin meets ibiza in singapore - ft. toasty, ultra vibrance (AU), frau meyer, Koppa (DE) - tech house/baeleric?, projector x picturehouse (the cathay dhoby), $22
- DJ, Parliament Bar's Disco Dream nite, 18 teck lim road (outram)
- DJ, The Gentle's Bar & Records Soft Opening - DJ Itch (Asian Boogie, funk, city pop), 47a neil road
- DJ, JinJu Korean Bar's DJ Night Inaugural - DJ Ilhammi Tan (edm), clarke quay
- DJ, LAST SATURDAYS - the late saturday mystery show ft HBN, Jiang, Haili, dm this IG, $10
- DJ, GrooveTop Garage (UKG, UK Funky, hiphop) ft. Head of Vibes, Kenneth Francis & Joshua P, Neon Pigeon 36 Carpenter St clarke quay, $30
- DJ, Manifest - Dirty Techno Series ft DOBé (DE), MINDANIEL (VN), NINO BLINK + JAMIE REACT (UK), yang club clarke quay, $30
- DJ, Kpop Arcade #14 - SVT (SEVENTEEN) NIGHT ft. kafekcj , Majesty Chen Oxley Tower L20, 138 robinson rd, left $50 doors
- DJ, Vertigo 26: Unker 4 - 80s SynthPop / Hair Rock nite, at MINT Museum City Hall, listening bar
- DJ, Moonstone: Ya5th (hiphop rnb), 103 amoy st
- DJ, Potato Head: Shaun Nocturnals + Mutiah Ashnim, 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- DJ, Drip: After The Noon (PH) - also top 40s, edm, hard, hiphop rnb, 100 Orchard Rd Concorde Hotel, $32
- DJ, Club Hell, F*!@ Me in Hell, 113 telok ayer (mrt), gay club $35 soldout
- DJ, HQ: Halal Sol, The Weatherman, TMDDJ (house, techno), hq club 66A boat quay, $30
- DJ, CE LA VI: Glam Bash, marina bay sands hotel
- DJ, Black Horse: Miggy T, Highness, Gerlexis (hardstyle, oriental edm, open), ming arcade orchard L7, asian style club
- DJ, MILK: Viva La Vida (reggaeton, latin hits, guaracha) ft. relibre, snickaz, dj naddz, 530 North Bridge Rd Bugis Point L3, $30
- DJ, Capital Zouk: Poparazzi - Caden & Ghetto feat. MC T-Fresh (pop), capital zouk clarke quay (22+ yo), ~$50
- DJ, Tuff: CHRISTIAN SMITH (tech house), tuff club 138 robinson rd cbd, $35
- DJ, Luxe: Inquisitive & Farah Farz, luxe club marina square, $50
- DJ, Zouk: MAKJ (big room edm), zouk clarke quay, ~$45 with 2 drinks
- William Youn Piano Recital - Echoes of Silence (schubert, ravel), SCO 7 shenton way sco conference hall, $25
- SPECTACLE! - Estelle Fly, Alfred Sun, BINI, BGYO, XOXO, YES MY LOVE - AOR Global showcase Best of S-Pop & P-Pop, esplanade, $35
- Christy Smith - Tribute to FESTAC'77 & Fela Kuti (jazzy afrobeat) - Mosiac Music Series, esplanade, $38
- Tong Yao 桐瑶 - Best of Teresa Teng 邓丽君 Tribute Concert, esplanade, $48
- Esplanade: Flamenco Meets Jazz Music - amanda lee x dancer Tania Goh, free
- Esplanade: Beautiful Sundays: Sparkswind Ensemble Relaxed Concert, free reg limited
- Esplanade Contemporary Dance: T.H.E Dance Company - Last, outdoor, free
- Piano Fest: Pierre-Laurent Aimard Recital, victoria concert hall, $20
- A Capella: NUS Resonance: Vocal Obsession X: the night we met - Day 1, NUS UCC, preview $20
- Blu Jaz: New Stream Brass Band (new orleans style), blu jaz at bali ln, $22 soldout
- Talk: SCCC's TV Festival 生命传承 - 华彩电视节 ft Bryan Wong, Chen Liping, Marcus Chin, Low Wee Liang, Cheong Yan Peng, Gao Mei Gui, Ayden Sng, 1 Straits Boulevard, free reg
- Standup Comedy: Aravind SA's We Need to Talk, Alliance Française Theatre (newton), $65
- Ballet: Cheng Youth Ballet Academy - Révérence 2023 - Last, NUS UCC, $50
- Dance: Authentic Flamenco - Paula Rodríguez (last), Kewalram Chanrai Arts Centre (Robertson Quay), $65
- Blackbird: Cat Mountain Kings - blues and rock, also jack and rai, raw earth , gillman barracks music bar
- DJ, Foxtail at The Back Room - ft DJ Mari, Haili, Tasha, 36 club street, cocktail bar free reg
- Lee Seung Gi, resorts world sentosa, $168
- Nobuyuki Tsujii Returns to Singapore (pianist), Esplanade, $48
- Chinese Theatre: Cao Yu's Sunrise by Jin Xing Theatre Shanghai & Mars Drama - Day 1, esplanade, $88
- Esplanade Theatre/Visual/Ambient: Transit 步: The Performance, free
- Cool Cats Jazz: The Blues: with Skunk Jive, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $30
- Candlelight: Best of Hans Zimmer by vocalise string quartet, the arts house (city hall), left $52
- Blackbird: Rockweller (hard rock), gillman barracks live music bar
- Standup comedy: Jinx Yeo at Mo's Grill & Bar West Coast, opposite haw par villa MRT, $22
- Punk History TouDialogue: POST PUNK with Shaiful Risan, 345 geyland rd Pavilion Square, $15-$25 with drink
- DJ, Prism: Ladies First with tarot Cards and Kandi Beads, prism pan pacific, femme free with timing - men $30
- DJ, Offtrack: Nightcap with DJ ITCH (asian boogie, funk, citypop), beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Potato Head: DJ Yenn (hiphop rnb nite), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- The Purple Symphony Annual Concert 2023- Last, 7 shenton way sco conference hall, $20
- Esplanade Rap x Chinese Classical x Text?: Axel Brizzy, Calista Liaw, Jeremy Wong, Wovensound, Khalif Rawi - The Art of War 2.0 - Day 1, free
- Chinese Theatre: Sunrise - Day 2, esplanade, $88
- Cool Cats Jazz: Alina Ramirez plays Latin Jazz, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $30
- Candlelight: Vivaldi's Four Seasons - by Vocalise string quartet, the arts house city hall, $35
- DJ, CLUB RICH: DJ Dash, Lionnexus & a mystery DJ - EURO RETURN 2, 114 middle road (bugis)
- DJ, Offtrack: Daryl Knows, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- SUGA of BTS Agust D - Day 1, indoor stadium, $168 soldout
- 伍佰 WU BAI AND CHINA BLUE ROCK STAR 2023 巡迴演唱会 - Day 1, resorts world sentosa, $78
- Metal/Core/HC Gig: That Incredble Gig in JUNE ft. TARIOT, Aggressive Raisin Cat, Destiny, Overthrown, Tailgates, Shy Guys, centre 42 waterloo st (bras basah), $16
- Esplanade: Cheats (PH), outdoor, free
- Esplanade: Shirly Temple (indie-rock, 60s psych pop), outdoor, free
- Esplanade Rap x Chinese Chamber Classical x Text?: Axel Brizzy, Calista Liaw, Jeremy Wong, Wovensound, Khalif Rawi - The Art of War 2.0 - Last, free
- Chamber: More Than Music Trio - Notes of Passion (dvorak, strauss, sibelius, tartini) - day 1, esplanade, $20-$30
- Jazz Loft: Sean Hong Wei Quartet (tenor sax lead). blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Cool Cats: Nikki Muller, also on 18 Jun, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $40
- Mandopop Chinese Opera: Who Says It First 戏谁先说 by Nam Hwa Opera - Day 1, 1 straits boulevard, preview, $28
- Chinese Theatre: Sunrise by Jin Xing Theatre Shanghai - Last, esplanade, $88
- Candlelight: A Tribute to ABBA - VOX string quartet, the arts house city hall, $35
- Drag Event: Baby Queen Movie Screening - SG drag movie & drag aftershow, projector golden mile, $39
- Gegarfest: Gerhana Skacinta (ska/rocksteady/reggae), Ryzall Noh, Caliph Buskers, singapore expo, free
- Gastrobeats: Shirlyn + The UnXpected (rock), marina bay open space, free
- DJ, NORTH EAST SOCIAL CLUB x Thugshop: Soul Mass Transit System (UK garage, bassline) ft mza, lemak, helios, tuff club 138 robinson rd cbd, $37
- DJ, HOUSEWRK Presents: SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA tribute, projector x picturehouse (the cathay), $22 (SHM10 code discount)
- DJ, CIEL X Therapy Room : Open Decks DJ ft. Jas, Daya, Vincent, Mari, BenBen, edition rooftop bar dhoby ghaut (82 clemenceau ave), $22
- DJ, Thugshop XXL Series feat. PIG&DAN (techno, progressive), MDLR 62 cecil street (telok ayer), $40
- DJ, Bailar - Agitar ft piratheeb, kelibre, dj snickaz, djsan, naddz (hiphop reggaeton latinhouse), hard rock cafe orchard, ~$20 not clear
- DJ, AfroDesi Night at Majesty Chen, Oxley Tower L20, 138 robinson rd, $25
- DJ, Phuture Zouk: TRANSFIX invites TRANCE4M by Last One Standing - DJ Tony Hang, Daniel Ang and Joshen, zouk clarke quay
- DJ, Blu Jaz: Back to the 90s with DJ Jag x Big, blu jaz at bali ln, $11
- DJ, Offtrack: Anwar, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Potato Head: The Beat Usagi + Nino Blink (disco/funk), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro
- DJ, Yang Club: Kaylova, reiko & kidd royale ft mc hund, clarke quay
- DJ, HQ: GONNO (jp house, techno, ambient). headquarters club 66A boat quay, $37
- DJ, Marquee: Revolution - DJ Zippy's 'Future Rave' night, marina bay sands $20
- DJ, CE LA VI: FLOYD LAVINE (ZA afro house), kenneth f, marina bay sands hotel, $38
- CLANG: 克朗! CHINESE Indie Music Fest - ft 麋先生 MIXER, 9m88, 旺福 WONFU, 守夜人 NIGHT KEEPERS, 海豚刑警 IRUKA PORISU, 甜约翰 Sweet John, 温室杂草 Easy Weeds, pasir panjang power stn, $120
- 伍佰 WU BAI AND CHINA BLUE ROCK STAR 2023 巡迴演唱会 - Last Day, resorts world sentosa, $78
- SUGA of BTS Agust D - Day 2, indoor stadium, $168 soldout
- Dewi Persik - Dangdut Mania ft Rina Nose and Nabila Maharani (INA), Rosalina Musa (SG), star theatre buona vista, $88
- Indie Rock Gig: TURN IT UP Vol II Rabak Records - 8forty5 EP Launch, KYYRA, Nosedive, feelslikeyou, freshpoutine, see link, $20 or doors
- Indie Rock Gig: Pink Cloud Summer - Bellied Star, MRTNS, FADER, Line Drive, Late Culture, see link, $25 soldout
- Esplanade: Door Plant (THA dream-pop/indie-surf band), outdoor, free
- Esplanade: Oh, Flamingo! (PH indie rock), outdoor, free
- Esplanade: ChambeElectronic: In The Living Room ft. Miao Kaiwen, Frances Lee, Chow Jun Yan, free
- Chamber: More Than Music Trio - Notes of Passion (dvorak, strauss, sibelius, tartini) - last, esplanade, $20-$30
- Carnatic Violin Ensemble: Indian Performing Arts Convention 2023: Strings of Gold ft Embar S. Kannan - with Apsaras Arts Dance Co., esplanade, $22 to $35
- SSO Organ: Tom Scott's The Composer and the Mouse + The Carnival of the Animals (family friendly), victoria concert hall, $20
- Jazz Loft: Amanda Lee Swingtet, blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Mandopop Chinese Opera: Who Says It First 戏谁先说 by Nam Hwa Opera (SCCC Cultural Extravanganza)Last, 1 straits boulevard, $28
- Standup Comedy: Fakkah Fuzz (M18), esplanade, $55
- Kids Ballet: Live Your Story by JE Dance Academy, NUS UCC, $28
- Beatbox Battle: Escension Beatbox Battle by 555 Beatbox, 42 waterloo st (bras basah), $15
- Our Tampines Hub: Let's Rock (retro hits from 60s-70s), tampines, free reg
- Anime Event: MUSIC PROJECT & IDOL Only Event by iFest SG - Day 1, peninsula excelsior hotel ballroom, tics $30
- Soundbath: Mantravine's Soundbath, altered states at kallang riverside park
- Drag/Ballroom: Pink Kiki Ball 2.0 by vogue in progress, with dj bobby pingpongpanda, c2ac, MDLR 62 cecil street (telok ayer), $37 soldout, door available
- Drag Event: Yours Queerly's Queerly Affair 2023, 102 pasir panjang rd, $25
- Prohibited Projects: Distro Day Out - punk/subculture hangout , the substation alley 45 armenian street
- Gegarfest: Khai Bahar, jay jay, nana karia, singapore expo, free
- DJ, DJ Jovynn for Cross Border by Party Lab x Diamondcosg, prism club marina square, $30
- DJ, Pool Party: Party Social's Pool Party - Caribbean Vibes ft DaBishop OnDMix, DJ Cheri, Afro Junior (dancehall, reggaeton, afrobeats hiphop), grand park city hall, ~$20
- DJ, Bussy Temple: Father's Womb (Queer NB Positive Rave) - Dance Divine (DE), Sayang (UK-MY), Halalbutch, Soyf§g, Howrøng, 72-13 Mohamed Sultan Road (robertson quay), $27
- DJ, Stickies x What You Know Dance Battle - Block Party (hiphoppy), Stickies 11 Keng Cheow St (clarke quay), $25 doodm
- DJ, 4xF Uncharted - ft. Vaibs, pure love, Daya, Cosmo Carbon, Labraatz, Kayh (housey), stratos rooftop bar at national design centre (bugis), $27
- DJ, CULTURE Presents Back 2 Two Thousands, luxe club marina square, $32
- DJ, Dance Kartel - Gloo, The Kongsee 10 Gemmill Ln, $20
- DJ, Manifest - Jungle Beats Afrohouse + Tribal Tech - ft Cyril Labaude, Stephen Day, Joshua P, Mandala Club 31 Bukit Pasoh, $30
- DJ, EATMEPOPTART: Electric Feel - If You Leave ft. weelikeme, fantastic dinosaur (80s s disco, pop, funk, new wave), projector x picturehouse (the cathay dhoby), $20
- DJ, Yang Club: Asian Nation ft Noizefaktor (my), sherpa, reiko, mc hund, clarke quay
- DJ, Majesty Chen: Even Up Booze & Schmooze Mixer, Oxley Tower L20, 138 robinson rd, $49
- DJ, KPO: PET SHOP BOYS Tribute Night - admirably with DJ Kenneth Siew, beside orchard central (somerset)
- DJ, Offtrack: Archie (ID), bongomann & daryl knows, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Tuff: Thugshop x Art Beyond Presents - BERLIN SESSIONS with MATCHY (melodic techno & house), 138 robinson rd cbd, $37
- DJ, HQ: VOISKI (techno, leans ambient), headquarters club 66A boat quay, $37
- DJ, Capital Zouk: Total Recall with Caden & Rattle (90s - 00s), capital zouk clarke quay (22+), $75
- DJ, Zouk: Charged with Hong & Ghetto (bass night), zouk clarke quay, ~$45 with 2 drinks
- DJ, Marquee: Slushii (bass, dubstep/trap), marina bay sands,
- SUGA of BTS Agust D - Last, indoor stadium, $168 soldout
- ITCHYWORMS (PH rock), timbre one-north, $50
- Jesslyn 陈佩贤 x YU JIA TSENG 曾昱嘉 - Heartfelt Concert 走心音乐会4, esplanade, $88
- Esplanade: monda(e) - instrumental rock/post, outdoor, free
- Esplanade: INTERMISSION - post-punk, outdoor, free
- Esplanade AI Theatre: AI x Improv Theatre, esplanade, free
- Carnatic Fusion Jazz/pop: Niranjan Pandian & NP Collective for IPAC - Samavaya - A Euphonic Co-existence, esplanade, $22-$35
- Classical Harp x Audio-Visual: The Four Seasons Reimagined By The Harp Quarterly x Avik Chari x Lynette Quek, national library drama center, $18-$28
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Joe Hisaishi - Candlelight Orchestra, victoria concert hall, left $84
- Live Reggae/Rocksteady/DJ: Sunday Live Reggae with Reggae Remedy ft Izaar, DJ Rumshot, Thirty Six Brewlab 36 Club Street (boat quay)
- Gegarfest: Insomniacks, Rahila, singapore expo
- Chinese Opera: One Opera Singapore 戏曲一家亲 - Cantonese, Hainan Qiong, Hubei Huangmei, Hokkkien, & Teochew Opera (SCCC Cultural Extravaganza), SCCC auditorium, $10 soldout
- Ballet: DuCon Singapore Gala ft Kimin Kim and May Nagahisa of Mariinsky Theatre, SOTA dhoby ghaut,$60
- Avant Dance: PheNoumenon by T.H.E Dance Company (last), esplanade, $28-$40
- Soundbath: Haw Par Chill-Lah: Hypno Sense & Sound Bathing, haw par villa, $60 (also on 17/sat)
- Anime Event: MUSIC PROJECT & IDOL Only Event by iFest SG - Last Day, peninsula excelsior hotel ballroom, tics $30
- DJ, KAMPONG BOOGIE x Potato Head: Straight outta Kampong (hip hoppy, mixed genres, rnb funky), 36 Keong Saik Rd, bar bistro tickets at door
- Kruelty (JP hardcore), Krusty (MY), Deceased & KillonSight, phil's studio at parklane shopping centre dhoby L5, $35 now
- Esplanade Multidisciplinary Poetry, music, theatre: Between Ground and Sky, exploring Shirley Geok-lin Lim & Tan Tiag Yi , free
- Jazz Loft: HORNS ARE UNIQUE (HAU) ft Benoit Trouwaert, Andreas Marinello, Rick Smith, blu jaz L3 at bali ln, $22
- Cool Cats Jazz: Beautiful Bossanova with Natasha Oong, jw mariott beach rd (esplanade), jazz-ish bar $30
- SIAO CHAR BORS COMEDY: The Big Gay Variety Show, projector golden mile tower, $28
- Voices of Singapore Men's Audition, capitol theatre
- BEERFEST ASIA, Open Carpark beside Kallang Leisure Park
- DJ, Offtrack: Nez Senja, beside hong lim park, music gastro bar
- DJ, Tipsy Penguin turns 5! Tipsy Slumber Party ft. DJ Mad Jester & Emo Nemo + Bolster Fight Championship, NTUC Income Building Tampines Central
Ongoing maybe not music
- Till 25 June Gastrobeats and iLight Singapore, free
- Exhibition: Naruto TV 20th Anniversary Exhibition, marina square, $25, everyday
- Theatre till 18 Jul: Wild Rice's Hotel, funan city hall, $70 for 2 connected shows, every other day
- Theatre till 18 jun: Pangdemonium's Doubt - A Parable, esplanade, ~$60, everyday
- Avant Dance 15-18 Jun: PheNoumenon by T.H.E Dance Company, esplanade, $28-$40
- Ballet Kid-friendly 15-18 jun: Singapore Ballet - Peter & Blue's Birthday Party, school of the arts dhoby ghaut, $35
- Theatre 15-18 Jun: Wild Rice's Singapore Youth Theatre - A Double Bill: Every Student is A Good Student/ In My Head, funan, ~$30 soldout
- Dance till 11 Jun: Authentic Flamenco - Paula Rodríguez, Kewalram Chanrai Arts Centre (Robertson Quay/Fort Canning), everyday, $65
- Indian Arts Workshops 18-24 jun: Indian Performing Arts Convention 2023 Workshops - FB, and IG
- Kid Friendly 9-25 jun: Esplanade: Discovering the Harp! with Laura Peh, only on fri-weekends, free
- Exhibit 13-18 jun: Esplanade: Transit 步: The Installation, free
submitted by redditduk
to singaporemusicchat [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:24 russbuck100 Kiki's Tiki Lounge, Douglas, Isle of Man 🇮🇲 (British Isles)
| || | submitted by russbuck100 to Tiki [link] [comments]
We visited the Isle of Man
during the TT to see some of the motorbike racin
g and visit my wife's sister and her fiancé, who live on the island, and their friend who was also visiting from England. Last time we visited I noticed the Kiki Lounge
Tiki Bar on the promenade in Douglas and suggested that we check it out this time and booked a table for five of us.
It opened initially during
the pandemic* and wasn't meant to be a permanent fixture, but they have stayed open due to its popularity.
(*the Isle of Man initially had much better management of the pandemic situation, being isolated to an island, and while the rest of us on the mainland were confined to barracks, the Manx
were able to go to pubs and bars - that is until the virus arrived on the island and put a stop to their frivolity for a little while)
The entrance to the Kiki Lounge is on the promenade, on the opposite corner to a well-known Manx institution, Jak's Bar and Smokehouse - the door to Kiki Lounge is below street level, which serves it well as a lot of the light from outside does not reach the inside of the bar, lending it that familiar dark, mysterious ambiance..
There is a fun mural on the wall in front of the entrance, and a neon "tiki bar" sign in the window (not to everyone's taste, I know, but don't forget where it is!), and on entering you get a feel for the type of bar this is: much less 'traditional' tiki, and more retro bar with tiki accents.
As we were seated, we were informed that the bar is table service only, which limits any discussion with the bartender, and seeing how the drinks are being prepared and which ingredients are being used, which I usually like to do. I managed to snap a pic of the bar as we were leaving though.
There was bamboo matting on the walls and thatch on the ceiling, we were seated in a sort of bamboo and fishing net "booth" with a small wooden surfboard table. There were bamboo table and chair sets, and very 70s styled chairs and sofas with velvet fabric. There was a wooden carving next to our table (but not quite tiki) and on the other side of the room were some large glass Rapa Nui head jars. In other areas of the bar were wall mounted ukuleles, and glass fish float lights above another booth.
Unfortunately, the vibe was heavily 70s influenced, with a disco ball reflecting light all over the bar. All the music they play in the bar is exclusively on vinyl, which I think is a great concept (I love the crackle of vinyl!), but it was mostly 70s disco and soul music, with some 70s-80s pop, like Abba. To be fair to them, it is difficult to find Hawaiian and exotica records in England, so must be even more difficult on the Isle of Man!
I was able to taste most of the drinks that were ordered by our group of five - the only ones I didn't try weren't really tiki drinks anyway (frozen strawberry daiquiri, and mixed frozen drinks).
My first drink was their signature variation on the Mai Tai, and it was maybe a bit too sweet (it had apricot brandy in it, as well as the usual ingredients), although it wasn't bad at all.
My wife ordered the Zombie, which was served in a large tiki mug, it was a big drink! It was, again, on the sweet side, but strong with definite absinthe notes, not bad. It was served with the usual flaming cinnamon theatrics. They used a blowtorch and overproof rum on a sugar cube in an upturned lime shell.
My next drink was a Jungle Bird. Theirs is made with banana rum, which, although a bit of an odd choice, actually turned out to be quite nice addition - I would never have thought to do that, but it boosted the 'tropical' flavour profile and added a bit more sweetness, which rounded off the bitter edges of the Campari a little. Nice!
My wife tried the Manx Daiquiri. We weren't sure why, but it initially had a weird chlorine aftertaste.. Could it be the rum choice? Or what they refer to as "low-waste lime juice"? (I assume this is super juice, maybe..) She wasn't enjoying it at all until I smelled it and said "that smells like a caipirinha!" - weirdly this fact made it much more palatable! Perhaps the Manx rum is grassy like a cachaça..? Essentially a caipirinha served up in a coupe glass - not bad after a dodgy start.
My sister in law had a Singapore sling, which was cloyingly sweet, but had a lot of flavour - she said it was not as nice as the ones at Raffles in Singapore, apparently!
Sister in law then had a Saturn, based on the fact that I had made her one at our house at Christmas which she thoroughly enjoyed - very lemony, served up in a coupe glass, and had cardamom gin, unusual flavour but not terrible. Not as good as the one I made
was the verdict. I'll take that!
Sister in law's partner was a bit of a renegade - they have a magic 8 ball with drink names inside for the indecisive: you pay a set price to shake it, and you get whatever drink comes up - no swapping or second chances! Could be a more expensive cocktail, or a cheaper one, you never know.. His first shake revealed a Mai Tai, and the second was a half frozen strawberry daiquiri, half piña colada drink (can't remember the name) - I didn't taste this one, but it looked good - frozen drinks swirled together usually do. He finished it, so it must have been OK!
Overall, I would give Kiki Lounge a respectable 7.5/10 - it's a good little bar, but as with a lot of British and European "tiki" places, they cater to those who want fun cocktails in fun surroundings, and not necessarily those who are already through the tiki looking-glass - the tiki aspect could seem a little bit superficial if you have prior knowledge, although I can certainly appreciate the effort they have put into the look of the place, and I know it would blow the minds of most people who are not already well-versed in tiki. The cocktails ranged from quite good to OK, or "fair to middling".
The 8-ball idea was fun, and their use of local ingredients and low-waste lime juice is definitely admirable. I even managed to get a branded coaster (or four) for my tiki shelves!
I should also mention that all the hospitality staff on the Isle of Man during the TT deserve medals. The population of the island literally
doubles for two weeks every year, and they put up with bikers from all corners of the globe, increased road traffic with more bikes coming over, as well as all the constant road closures for the races. The staff here were attentive, and I think they did a good job.
2023.06.08 16:36 GeoHog713 Who's On the Muss Bus ? Update and Ramblings
| || | submitted by GeoHog713 to razorbacks [link] [comments]
Looks like the roster churn is mostly done. One more spot on the Muss Bus.
Seats Already Taken - https://preview.redd.it/7cd6fjygrs4b1.png?width=1089&format=png&auto=webp&s=c218f6c7d7fb7edad75e03f65223e5df1c3c6308
There's a lot of talent on this squad - at least on paper. Last year's group ALSO looked very good on paper, but I think it's fair to say that they underachieved. Love my Hogs, but they did not PLAY like a team with 4 NBA draft picks on the roster.
This group has a lot of potential. My HS coach (waaay back in the day) used to say, "You boys have a lot of potential. Potential is a French word that means ' Ain't worth a shit, YET!' ".
I think it's important that we have 6 guys coming back. That should
help with continuity, and help build the culture. I think having SO many new guys last year hurt us.
Would have loved to see Ford stay! Glad Devo came back!!! I think he's my 6th all time favorite Hawg Baller. (For those keeping score at home, the list goes: Corliss, Mayberry, Scotty, Ronnie Jr, Jaylin, Devo)
I like the mix of returning and new guys. Ideally, I'd like to see 7 players return each year, with 6 new guys split between HS recruits and Transfer portal additions. I enjoy watching guys develop. If you bring in transfers to start every year, at some point, you're going to burn bridges and not be able to recruit the HS kids.
I love Muss. Obviously, he knows WAY more about basketball than I do!! But I think there is an advantage to having returning players, that know your system, and know how to play together. Last season looked like "a bunch of guys wearing the same outfits" more than a "team" a lot of the year.
It doesn't look like there are any big needs
on this team. I'm also not sure how you recruit for the last spot on a stacked roster. So who knows who else we're going to add.... but it may not matter.
Tramon Mark is going to be fun to watch. We had season tickets for UH last year. He was great. Going to fit in to what Muss is doing, well.
Not sure who is going to run point, but the Menefield, Ellis and Blocker give pretty good options.
Will be interested to see if Jalen can learn to play defense. We need to see more of that low-mid post spin move - but he won't have any minutes if he can't D up.
Front line looks solid, but Mitchell is the only real BIG that post up and play grown man basketball. He's going to HAVE to stay out of foul trouble. We don't have a second Mitchell to throw in, anymore. A potential depth chart could look like this
Prefence Given to Returning Players. Then Experience Level.
If Muss sticks with a 7-8 man rotation - it's going to be competitive! We look set to run small ball, positionless scheme. How will we match up against teams that run a set half court with a BIG front line? Time will tell. Who else remembers what Larry Johnson said to Nolan?
The depth here is solid. Haven't seen a team this deep (on paper) since Nolan.
You really could run 40 Minutes of Hell, with this bunch. (Yes I want to see that!! Yes I'm old!! And get rid of the stereo music and let the Hog Wild Band do their thing!!)
Gonna be fun to see what happens! WPS!!!!
To quote one of my all time favorite coworkers - "Root Hog or DIE! Go to HELL A&M!!
2023.06.08 13:15 BlueEyed-Devil The Perfect Comic Book Movie doesn't exi- (Across the Spiderverse)
I actually saw this movie a few days ago but I've been a busy bee and haven't had the proper time to formulate a good post for this but now let's give this a shot.
This movie was damn near perfect. I'm not exaggerating. You need to go see it. Even if you don't like superhero stuff, it's a one of a kind gem of a movie and honestly after thinking about it I can say without a shadow of a doubt this is peak cinema.
The animations? Godly. Those animators better have made bank from that movie because I don't think any other studio is touching them for the next couple of years. Just animating one character alone took so much precise timing and fine tuning. S Tier shit.
Soundtrack? Flames. Metro Boomin made is Boom as he usually does with his normal music and that's not different here for Spiderman. As well as Daniel Pemberton with the score. chef's kiss
The Villain shocked me. At first Spot didn't really seem like he'd be much of anything in this movie and I was waiting for the real big bad to pop up. I can't name a movie off the top of my head that can turn a literal joke of a Villain who was kicking himself in the balls in the beginning, to someone who can distort and cause havoc to entire dimensions. That's how powerful this fucker becomes, it started to give me chills. And this multiversal threat doesn't even want to destory the multiverse...he just wants to take everything from Miles. Which makes him more terrifying now. His obsession is something else.
Some old characters didn't return which was a bummer but new characters did! Like Spider Punk, who was very unique in design. And Miguel, who was...much more ruthless than I remember him being.
I did have one single gripe with the movie.
And no, it wasn't the way it ended. Sure, I was upset in the theater and even Cursed to the Heavens in my seat but honestly, stop and think about it. With the way the plot was going, do you know how utterly long that movie would have been? They were just now starting to reach the climax of the film, they had just introduced new villains, brought back old characters, new adversaries and so much other stuff. That movie would have been 4 hours long at least. This movie wasn't trying to rush the plot either which I respect. Plus you're telling me I get to see these people make another perfect movie in theaters? Sign me the fuck up.
My only, and I mean only complaint is that one plot point. "It's a canon event". Look, I get where Migeul was coming from 100% but what had me a little annoyed was how willing EVERY other Spiderman was willing to sacrifice their loved one because its meant to be Canon? Yeah right. That's so out of character for SO many of those Spidermen. Even if their tragedies already happened to them, they can't just expect this brand new Spider-Man to let it happen to someone he loves. Imagine trying to tell Peter Parker "let Ben die, it's Canon." Yeah, no. I'm not buying it. I like the idea of the plot point but if should have been tweaked somewhat.
Other than that though, this is a must watch. If you haven't already seen it, you need to get your life together right now. Scrape up some dablooons and go see that fucking movie.
submitted by BlueEyed-Devil
to CharacterRant [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 06:46 FortyShmorty Leaving
So, I’m in a quandary. I have worked with my LO while completing a program for the past 6 years. We’re both married, we eat lunch together a few times a week, and we have great conversations. We’ve never crossed the line into a physical affair, but our friendship is not without flirtation. We’ve even gone for a few rides to listen to music, and trust me the temptation was there, but we both honored our spouses and whatever else holds us back. Anyway, I finished the program I was working on towards and now it’s time for me to quit to start my private practice. I know it means the end of the road for my LE. Or this version of my LE. The part where I get to spend a few magical hours of my week with my LO. Sure, maybe we’ll keep in touch at some level, but I already know he won’t really. He’s the most avoidant human I’ve ever been close to. Except when he’s not. When he’s interested in spending time with me, he’s shit balls amazing and extremely focused. But man can this LO avoid. So, yes, should I stay at the job longer even though I’m holding myself back professionally or put in my notice? I will make a lot more money if I go, though it will take time to build the practice. Thanks for any response that will help tip me either way.
submitted by FortyShmorty
to limerence [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 06:21 hijesushere Just some regular old, not weird in any way song lyrics that I noticed in a couple of my favorite songs... I'm gathering evidence...
Lyrics in songs I've noticed.
Oh hey! In the same dream
It kept calling us
Wonderland beyond distant memories
We we we strong, nothing missing
Wake up, the answer is Simple
Be Boss, blow the Whistle
The bigger world is noticing you.
Shall we have a festival? I hold your hand.
We've been waiting for this moment. Spread your wings and be yourself.
Come play at My carnival.
Climax? It starts now.
Watch out! We are making the rules.
It’s now or never, we got forever. Sappy
You're sobbing and being pessimistic
You're hesitating again, you can't choose
Writing poems in your note, your hobby is sentimental
Look, now it's time to open the door
Tell me, which do you love?
It's not bad thing to dream
It's not a fairytale, it's the real world
What are you gonna do? Which one are you
Reality or fantasy, adolescent boy?
I'm still clearing dating simulation games
using the manual
I'm still a long way from real love
It's not that I don't like it
Escape from being just two-dimensional
Which one do you love?
Tonight let me know your true feelings
You'll really grow up then
Tell me, which one do you love?
(In the video the lyrics are "Logging out from delusion" for a part of it.)
That's not even getting into the imagery in the video.
Feel My Rhythm
Blowing up this fancy ball
We're back, cute chaotic delight
This is gonna be a crazy night
Epic appearance to stunning greetings
Let's have a little fun
Don't be shy, Bae bae
Let the play start
(Birds and wings everywhere in the video. Irene is shown offering strawberries to a gigantic statue of some sort which then falls towards her. Joy is seen standing in front of some type of being with wings, I can't tell what it would be though. Maybe one of us? Cant tell, she's, yeah she's blocking the shot)
Now cruising into a weird, new dimension
A place I've never imagined appears unexpectedly
Don't miss this moment, baby.
Don't confine yourself to yesterday or tomorrow.
I'm truly free right now.
Come ride with me (Sway)
Let's go anywhere (Way)
I want to mess all the boundaries
In this world (Oh yeah)
When the world stops What a what a feeling Come take my hand (All right) A brand new Film We falling deep, You and I Next time, spin the clock Where should we go? Come on, let's start again You and I
You used to be afraid of the dark night (ah yeah yeah) Hiding without anyone else knowing (ah yeah yeah) No one say happy ending You stayed silent and ran away (Here we go Here we go like)...
Knock Knock There’s a monster It’s growing larger, the black hole inside of you When you back uh? The howler has swallowed you, that’s the killer Don’t be afraid, hold my hand Your past is making you scared But know your power For the final time, be first You know that I come first I’m the winner winner winner Yes, it’s the last melody To save save save you (so don’t keep) Don’t be deceived by the lie That there is no light in this world Together we will Dream a dream that’s never been seen before Dream a dream that’s never been seen before (Ya) It’s ok if you fall (stand up) It’s you (hands up) Faster Stronger Better Gotta be the best Between night and day, around 5:30AM A war without loyalty will suffocate you, this is a foul Lies, darkness, truth, ecstasy, fantasy My candle makes you explode like a fireworks of melodies in the dawn Don’t be afraid, hold my hand Your past is making you scared But know your power For the final time, be first You know that I come first I’m the winner winner winner Yes, it’s the last melody To save save save you (so don’t keep) Don’t be deceived by the lie That there is no light in this world Together we will Dream a dream that’s never been seen before I’m breaking down the walls, crossing the lines I won’t shrivel up, I’ll jump over one step You got me now got me now two step Don’t slow it down slow it down Shout towards the sky that comes to you Hold onto the key of hope...
Bon bon chocolate
go up to the sky .
Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side
Flesh is burning, you can smell it in the air 'Cause men like you have such an easy soul to steal (steal) So stand in line while they ink numbers in your head You're now a slave until the end of time here Nothing stops the madness turning Haunting, yearning, pull the trigger You should've known the price of evil And it hurts to know that you belong here, yeah Ooh, it's your fuckin' nightmare While your nightmare comes to life
You've been lied to just to rape you of your sight And now they have the nerve to tell you how to feel (feel) So sedated as they medicate your brain And while you slowly go insane they tell you Given with the best intentions Help you with your complications
You should've known the price of evil And it hurts to know that you belong here, yeah No one to call, everybody to fear Your tragic fate is lookin' so clear, yeah Ooh, it's your fuckin' nightmare Ha, ha, ha, ha
And I know you hear their voices (calling from above) And I know they may seem real (these signals of love) But our life's made up of choices (some without appeal) They took for granted your soul And it's ours now to steal As your nightmare comes to life
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen So unsure but it seems, 'cause we've been waiting for you Fallen into this place, just giving you a small taste Of your afterlife here so stay, you'll be back here soon anyway
A place of hope and no pain, perfect skies with no rain Can leave this place but refrain, 'cause we've been waiting for you Fallen into this place, just giving you a small taste Of your afterlife here so stay, you'll be back here soon anyway This piece on Earth's not right (with my back against the wall) No pain or sign of time (I'm much too young to fall) So out of place, don't wanna stay, I feel wrong and that's my sign I've made up my mind Give me your hand but realize I just wanna say goodbye Please, understand I have to leave and carry on my own life
Standing in the shade of altruism, answering the call Came a modern messiah to save us all Something far beyond the work of fiction, Positronic brain A world that's void of all the anguish and suffering, pain
We're creating god, master of our designs We're creating god, unsure of what we'll find
Never held a high regard for Darwin, selection takes too long A little kick in the pool shouldn't do us wrong Devouring the very last invention man would ever need But exponential growth is a frightening thing, indeed
Sometimes when I look up to the sky I have to wonder are we "summoning the demon" you and I?
Have you noticed that I'm needin' it more now, more than it needs me Got a couple of billion that seem to agree Surfing in an artificial dimension, but we're not alone Now the master has become just a stepping stone, oh
We're Creating, God.
Beast and the Harlot
This shining city built of gold A far cry from innocence There's more than meets the eye around here Look to the waters of the deep A city of evil There sat a seven headed beast Ten horns raised from his head Symbolic woman sits on his throne But hatred strips her and leaves her naked The beast and the harlot
The city dressed in jewels and gold Fine linen, myrrh and pearls Her plagues will come all at once As her mourners watch her burn Destroyed in an hour Merchants and captains of the world Sailors navigators too Will weep and mourn this loss With her sins piled to the sky The beast and the harlot
The day has come for all our sinners If you're not a servant, you'll be struck to the ground Flee the burning, greedy city Looking back on her to see there's nothing around
The day has come for all our sinners If you're not a servant, you'll be struck to the ground Flee the burning, greedy city Looking back on her to see there's nothing around I don't believe in fairy tales and no one wants to go to hell You've made the wrong decision and it's easy to see Now if you wanna serve above or be a king below with us You're welcome to the city where your future is set forever
Welcome to the family
Hey kid (hey kid) Do I have your attention? I know the way you've been living Life's so reckless, tragedy endless Welcome to the family Hey There's something missing Only time will alter your vision Never in question, lethal injection Welcome to the family Not long ago you find the answers were so crystal clear Within a day you find yourself living in constant fear Can you look at yourself now, can you look at yourself? You can't win this fight
I try and help you with the things that can't be justified I need to warn you that there is no way to rationalize So have you figured it out now, so have you figured it out? You can't win this fight
And in a way it seems there's no one to call When our thoughts are so numb And our feelings unsure We all have emptiness inside, we all have answers to find But you can't win this fight!
I see you're a king who's been dethroned Cast out in a world you've never know Stand down, place your weapon by your side It's our war in the end, we'll surely lose but that's alright So have you figured it out now, so have you figured it out?
So sorry you're not here I've been sane too long, my vision's so unclear Now take a trip with me But don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem
You've been breakin' down for far too long Far too many moons since you felt well and strong You see, you could say goodbye but you don't have to die Not ever
Engineer the wires to your brain Architect a code so you won't feel the pain With your family by your side and vigor in your eyes forever Live Forever I'm way up, a god in size, beyond the reach of mortals I shed my human side Father, oh father I stare at my reflection, have I lost that boy inside? Final paradigm What's it really mean to be a man? Think about your answer but please understand While it's natural to fear, I'll make it disappear forever I forever I'm way up, a god in size, beyond the reach of mortals I shed my human side Father, oh father I stare at my reflection, have I lost that boy inside? Final paradigm Singular I am I have the question if these thoughts are mine To live forever but did something in me die? I'm clawing my skin but I can't feel it inside I know the agony of pain would hurt so much better I'm way up, so far up Have I lost myself tonight? Mother, oh father Have you lost that boy you used to know?
It seems I should have walked away Reverse the wager I've no means to pay Toto has pulled back the green tonight, in sight And blue pills coat with such disdain I wore the shades for so long That I've forgotten how to see The curtain rises but who dares to pull the strings
I know this might be hard for you to believe and all, But you only exist because we allow it I question all the voices in my head Are they mine or have I been misled? Total understanding doesn't seem to mean a thing When you can't see behind the silver screen, a figurine Can't you hear me scream? By the way of cosmic rays A subtle breakdown jarred the code display A simulation as I can tell, our cell Playing out a hopeless scene We stand to lose all our charm And faith just seems to wane A billion years can seem a stunningly short time You've been beaten down time and time again But still you find yourself at the center of it all I question all the voices in my head Are they mine or have I been misled? Total understanding doesn't seem to mean a thing When you can't see behind the silver screen, a figurine Can't you hear me scream? You hear me, you had one thing to do, one thing And you fucked it up, piece of shit Nurse, patient 666158 needs to be sedated We need 500 CCs of M Oh hello there, dearie I've been expecting you Posturing the way I feel Is truth only what we believe is real? Marvel the sketches that paint the night, starlight And take a breath before it's all erased away
Their song Angels; Waking the Fallen, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet.
Yeah EVERGLOW Gonna be mad lunatic, girl When the mysteriously changed moon comes A show that will start suddenly In secret, yeah, dance I want it Ddi-dam-bam-bam, bba-rira-bam-bam A paradise found in a whole new world that is out of sync ‘Cause I’m a pirate, yeah, yeah A pirate, yeah, yeah A pirate, yeah, yeah Now let me introduce myself I am a fleet I Start this voyage Towards the moon mist Yeah, let me introduce myself...
Twenty four hours, the light disappears Overnight, night, overnight During the night when the dazzling starlight shines Ayy, lift the anchor Girls all over the world Dance tonight And we could be anything, anything now Go crazy, no doubt Rowin’ for the Crown Waving the flag, yeah...
All the way, all the way, all the way The riot we made All the way, all the way, all the way Can’t ever stay quiet Girls all over the world Run tonight Just get on board ‘Cause I’m a pirate, yeah, yeah A pirate, yeah, yeah A pirate, yeah, yeah Now let me introduce myself I am a fleet Start this voyage Towards the moon mist Yeah, let me introduce myself Ahoy! Sing a song now The hidden moon festival Well, shiver me timbers (Aye-aye) Watch this night together Last chance, get on board Approaching tsunami, disappearing afternoon Everyone falls asleep under these waves Yeah, I’m making the moves During the night when the dazzling starlight shines Ayy, lift the anchor Girls all over the world Dance tonight And we could be anything, anything now Go crazy, no doubt Rowin’ for the crown Waving the flag, yeah (Oh woah) All the way, all the way, all the way The riot that we made (Oh yeah) All the way, all the way, all the way Can’t ever stay quiet Girls all over the world Run tonight Just get on board...
A letter from that future Together with that blinding light Trust me and follow me up to my ark...
Katy Perry and Nikki Manage
Michael Jackson's Best Tracks
"Swish Swish" lyrics Katy Perry Lyrics Play "Swish Swish" on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad) "Swish Swish" (feat. Nicki Minaj)
They know what is what But they don't know what is what They just strut What the fuck?
[Katy Perry:] A tiger Don't lose no sleep Don't need opinions From a shellfish or a sheep Don't you come for me No, not today You're calculated I got your number 'Cause you're a joker And I'm a courtside killer queen And you will kiss the ring You best believe
So keep calm, honey, I'mma stick around For more than a minute, get used to it Funny my name keeps comin' out your mouth 'Cause I stay winning Lay 'em up like
Swish, swish, bish Another one in the basket Can't touch this Another one in the casket
Your game is tired You should retire You're 'bout as cute as An old coupon expired And karma's not a liar She keeps receipts
So keep calm, honey, I'mma stick around For more than a minute, get used to it Funny my name keeps comin' out your mouth 'Cause I stay winning Lay 'em up like
Swish, swish, bish Another one in the basket Can't touch this Another one in the casket (Let's go) Swish, swish, bish Another one in the basket Can't touch this Another one in the casket
They know what is what But they don't know what is what Katy Perry They just know what is what Young Money But they don't know what is what They just know what is what But they don't know what is what They just strut Hahaha, yo What the fuck?
[Nicki Minaj:] Pink Ferragamo sliders on deck Silly rap beefs just get me more checks My life is a movie, I'm never off set Me and my a-Migos (no, not Offset) Swish swish, aww I got them upset But my shooters'll make 'em dance like dubstep Swish, swish, aww, my haters is obsessed 'Cause I make M's, they get much less Don't be tryna double back I already despise you All that fake love you showin' Couldn't even disguise you (Yo, yo) Ran? When? Nicki gettin' tan Mirror mirror who's the fairest bitch in all the land? Damn, man, this bitch is a Stan Muah, muah, the generous queen will kiss a fan Ass goodbye, I'mma be riding by I'mma tell my ...Biggz, yeah that's the guy A star's a star, da ha da ha They never thought the swish god would take it this far Get my pimp cup, this is pimp shit, baby I only rock with Queens, so I'm makin' hits with Katy
[Katy Perry:] Swish, swish, bish Another one in the basket And another one and another one Can't touch this Another one in the casket And another one and another one
They know what is what Do they know? But they don't know what is what They just know what is what But they don't know what is what They just know what is what But they don't know what is what They just strut What the...
Red Velvet: Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb –31
You need to “Beat It” That boy Michael Jackson ”Bad” I’m not your “Billie Jean” Don’t you “Leave Me Alone” But you’re so ambiguous, I want “Black Or White” I can’t give up on you, my “Man In The Mirror” “Why You Wanna Trip On Me” You’re too harsh Boy, you make me “Scream” Why am I like this? Well, your “Love really Never Felt So Good” It’s so electrifying that it’s like
I’m on the Next Level, yeah I follow the absolute rules Don't let go of my hand unity is my weapon I walk to KWANGYA I know your home ground Confront the threat Beat it, beat it, beat it
An unexpected black out The temptation is deep and strong (Too hot too hot) Letting go of the hands held together But I'll never give up
I'm on the Next Level I open the door over there Next Level I'll destroy you in thе end Until I reach the Nеxt Level KOSMO Next Level Beat it, beat it, beat it
La, la, la, la, la, la La, la, la, la, la, la La, la, la, la, la, la La, la, la, la, la
I see the NU EVO The hostile suffering and sorrow Make you popping and evolve further That's my naevis, it's my naevis You lead, we follow After learning the feelings Watch me while I make it out
Watch me while I work it out Watch me while I make it out Watch me while I work it out Work it, work it, work it out
Even the unbearable despair Can't break my faith Watch me while I work it Even if a more painful trial comes I won't let go of your hand, oh
Never look back Don’t covet things of KWANGYA If the promises are broken, everything will be out of control The signal is becoming unstable since a certain point in time I'll destroy you in the end (We want it) Come on! Show me the way to KOSMO, yeah
A hallucination quest created by the Black Mamba Aespa, they want to separate out ae, that's right I lose my balance and my voice too In the illusion of being criticized and alienated Nævis we (Call ae, ae) Aespa's Next Level Open "P.O.S" This is the REAL WORLD, I'm awake We against the villain, what's the name? Black Mamba
I open the door in the end (Too hot, too hot) That light is like Fire to you I'm dying to know The next story that will unfold Huh!
I'm on the Next Level I open the door over there Next Level I'll destroy you in the end Until I reach the Next Level KOSMO Next Level Beat it, beat it, beat it
I'm on the Next Level I become stronger and free Next Level I'm no longer who I was at KWANGYA Next Level Feel me I'm like a beast Next Level Beat it, beat it, beat it Huh! https://lyricstranslate.com/en/next-level-next-level.html-0
[Intro: Karina] Oh my gosh Don't you know I'm a savage?
[Verse 1: Karina, Giselle] I'm a Killa who will break you, ae You're still hiding and hallucinating Beat you up, we holler I'm not afraid of you, you, hit you harder Push me in, deep fake on me To the unprepared stage Corner me in, fake on me Got everybody, mock up to me You shake me up so that I feel ashamed Cold spectators are collapsed, ae I can't stand you anymore, say, "No!"
[Refrain: Winter, Ningning] Wait and see, I'm a little savage Your dirty play I can't stand it any longer You want to break me Your hallucinations are becoming The reasons to construct you
[Pre-Chorus: Winter, Ningning] I'm a savage I'll break you into pieces yeah, oh I'm a savage I'll crush you, oh
[Chorus: Karina, Giselle, Karina & Ningning] Get me, get me now Get me, get me now (Zu-zu-zu-zu) Or I'll become more Savage (Zu-zu-zu-zu) Get me, get me now Get me, get me now (Zu-zu-zu-zu) Now I'm going to get you Now, I'm a savage Gimme, gimme now Gimme, gimme now (Zu-zu-zu-zu) I can see your words Your weakness Algorithm (Zu-zu-zu-zu) Steaming, it's steaming Steaming, it's steaming (Zu-zu-zu-zu) MA ae SYNK Don't bother me and bog off, savage (Zu-zu-zu-zu)
[Verse 2: Giselle, Winter, Karina] Mhm, everybody looks at me I'm used to it, I should take a step back I have to endure it like an adult I'm locked up in the glass I want to play such a horrible expectation I'm locked up in that hallucination frame I'm going to KWANGYA, game in Defeating a subtle alienation And making me drift apart from my ae Your satisfying trick We gone KWANGYA, game in Cut it down, my sword of light To you who is damaged It's a merciless punch
[Refrain: Ningning, Winter] See? I'm a little Savage I block your regenerative power I distract you, I leave you out Don't forget, this is KWANGYA I control your time and space Make it, break it
You are the one who protected me when I was in trouble My naevis, we love you My victory, one SYNK DIVE All the opportunities you've created I know your sacrifices, oh My naevis, we love you I know, we'll make sure to find your memories Let's meet surely after the resurrection
[Breakdown: Karina, Ningning] Savage Savage Yeah
Wake up! In a deadlier war Hold on with your feet(our feet are like hands back home) Hook! Black Mamba I am not afraid of you Hoot! I’ll break you It has changed when we entered KWANGYA Distorted æ more like me, like one A crazy presence that shows The ember that was left behind...
grew into a great evil When I helplessly isolate you Reunite we’re together again Whoo Whoo Attack Beat it Yah You’re not alone...
Shined sacrifice If you found the memory Can you show us? Can you show up? Right now, right here Follow me (Bow down) Watch me (My skill) You will get surprised (Say wow) We coming Scream (Get loud) Listen (My sound) Call it (Upgrade) We coming Blooming in chaos (We Them Girls) And confronting fear, That courage (Ah Yeah) Whenever we are together We Them Girls We Them Girls We Them Girls Meta universe exists now Parallel world All beings have meaning Part of my heart We use sympathetic words and share the body temperatures In the end, we only pursue the value of goodwill I finally became stronger I don’t get swindled or hurt It’s distorted It has started again Make sides Isolate you and me so that we can’t see ahead The algorithms that have been distorted by bad desires Use existence as the weapon and swallow with destruction Ah Evil was started at that moment Whoo Whoo Move out flip Yah I’m not alone I want to protect first encountering REKALL I will hug you so that you can feel Without SYNK DIVE Follow me (Bow down) Watch me (My skill) You will get surprised (Say wow) We coming Scream (Get loud) Listen (My sound) Call it (Upgrade) We coming Blooming in chaos (We Them Girls) And confronting fear, That courage (Ah Yeah) Whenever we are Together We Them Girls We Them Girls To face a peaceful day Inside the FLAT We laugh and love together With my friends Now I’m more curious about the future together with nævis Eventually we will probably meet nævis on the REAL MY WORLD Hold up! REAL MY WORLD Your existence is brighter than my reflection in the mirror Can you tell me? Until when, will we be together? Follow me (Bow down) Watch me (My skill) You will get surprised (Say wow) We coming Scream (Get loud) Listen (My sound) Call it (Upgrade) We coming Blooming in chaos (We Them Girls) And confronting fear, That courage (Ah Yeah) Whenever we are together We Them Girls We Them Girls We Them Girls Girls! Official translation. Play "Girls" on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad) Other Songs from Girls Album Girls Girls
Far away, far away Higher and higher To the place unseen
No one can stop me anymore Get set, go! Good-bye I’m not my old self Take a look at my WILDSIDE
By instinct, do it Come along with me Let us go down, down, down, down, da street
I didn’t go anywhere Now I could go everywhere Scared of change Just looking from the side
When you protect me and I’m breathing I’m forced into misery like a puppet, muppet I thought I was no good But behind weakness there was strength Words from loveless people, I don’t care about it anymore I will show you the truth
Never tell lies to myself any more Fly now to the place I want to be I’m never scared of going to the sky
Inside O-O-Out My wild side, my wild side The unseen me who has Overcome weakness (WILDSIDE) Far away, far away Higher and higher To the place unseen
No one can stop me anymore Get set, go! Good-bye I’m not my old self Which this WILDSIDE
Accepting myself that I don’t even know of I want to love more, believe myself more So I don’t get lost, Yeah
Starlight, slash the dark night already So bright, sparkle La-la-la-la-la
Inside O-O-Out My wild side, my wild side The unseen me who has Overcome weakness (WILDSIDE) Far away, far away Higher and higher To the place unseen
No one can stop me anymore Get set, go! Good-bye I’m not my old self Which this WILDSIDE
By instinct, do it Come along with me Let us go down down I will show you my wild side
https://youtu.be/Qpf26PtBXgo 😬 cya ❤️🩹😾🙀🙈
Somethings gonna give and it's not going to be me.
submitted by hijesushere
to spirituality [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 06:06 omegacluster Album Anniversary List 2023-06-08
Today's anniversaries are: 1999 2004 2012 2013 2016 2017
- Human Future - Flat Earth Blues (metal, progressive rock, psychedelic, ambient, atmospheric, avant-garde, experimental, noise, post-hardcore, sludge, United Kingdom)
- Kaguu - Hawkridge (math rock, prog rock, progressive metal, rock, instrumental, math rock, post-rock, prog rock, Monterrey)
- Lūmen - Mitgefangen mitgehangen (metal, ambient, hardcore, post-hardcore, postmetal, Czechia)
- Welk - Sein (black metal, diy, emo, gothic, hardcore, neocrust, punk, screamo, black metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, screamo, Leipzig)
- Abstracter - Cinereous Incarnate (black metal, metal, black metal, blackened death-doom, blackened sludge, crust, dark ambient, death doom metal, death metal, doom metal, drone, noise, psychedelic, sludge metal, Oakland)
- Actias Luna - The Bernoulli Effect (progressive rock, rock, ambient rock, bass, canada, fusion, post-rock, prog, world, Vancouver) Read our review.
- Æonus - Деvять (Devjat') (metal, russia, ambient, atmospheric black metal, black metal, space, space ambient, space black metal, Yoshkar Ola)
- Arabs in Aspic - De dødes tjern / Step into the Fire (Rock)
- Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection (Rock)
- Eartheater - Irisiri (devotional, electronic, experimental electronic, experimental folk, experimental pop, industrial folk, Queens)
- Electric Coconut - Here It Comes (jazz, rock, funky, indie, jazzy, pop, Boise) Read our review.
- Eric Thorfinnson - Juan (acoustic, electronic, experimental, indie-folk, bluegrass, classical, experimental, folk, Toronto)
- Isenordal & Void Omnia - Split (metal, baroque, black metal, funeral doom, neofolk, viking metal, Seattle)
- Kadhja Bonet - Childqueen (jazz, classical, folk, funk, jazz, psychedelic, soul, Los Angeles)
- Kellon Anderson - Coupon (hip hop, jazz, r&b, soul, fusion, groove, New York)
- Lenny Gaire-Bleuven - Happy Cloud (progressive metal)
- Les Rugissants - D'humain et d'animal (Jazz) Read our review.
- Matt Penman - Good Question (jazz, bass, contemporary jazz, jazz, mainstream, mainstream jazz, modern jazz, post bop, New York) Read our review.
- Serpent with Feet - Soil (r&b/soul, electronic, gospel, pop, tri angle, New York)
- The Autist - Anima (groove metal, metal, modern metal, symphonic metal, gothic metal, metal, symphonic black metal, symphonic death metal, Portugal)
- Thumbscrew - Ours (adventurous music, experimental, jazz, art rock, electronic music, rock in opposition, Washington)
- Thumbscrew - Theirs (adventurous music, experimental, jazz, art rock, electronic music, rock in opposition, Washington)
- Tim Garland - Weather Walker (jazz, cinematic, contemporary, fusion, improvised, jazz, saxophone, swing, London) Read our review.
- Tomb Mold - Manor of Infinite Forms (metal, black metal, death metal, doom metal, heavy metal, Pittsburgh)
- Uniform & the Body - Mental Wounds Not Healing (experimental, hardcore, industrial, metal, noise, United States)
- Yob - Our Raw Heart (metal, doom metal, post-metal, progressive, stoner metal, Eugene)
- Zeal and Ardor - Stranger Fruit (metal, black metal, eclectic, melodic death metal, soul, spirituals, New York)
- Brekky Boy - Sagarmatha (jazz, contemporary, instrumental, jazz, Sydney)
- Elliott Levin, Blaise Siwula, Germán Bringas, Jeff Platz, and Israel Flores Bravo - The Shy Dr. Brown (experimental, free improvisation, freemusic, noise, Germany)
- Moon Letters - Until They Feel the Sun (rock, prog rock, psychedelic, symphonic, Seattle) Read our review.
submitted by omegacluster
to ctebcm [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 00:14 VidrioCafe Looking for a specific Jaco Pastorius song
| || | submitted by VidrioCafe to jacopastorius [link] [comments]
I don't have a recording of it and I don't know what it's called. That makes it kind of hard for me to even ask the question, because I can't post a snippet of video and say "What is this?" So I'll try to describe it.
It starts with a series of descending bass octaves over a very simple drumming, maybe even just hi-hat. The bass like this, with uppercase an octave above lowercase:
(Then a little lower): da-DIDDA-da DIDDA-da
(Then finally a little lower): da-DIDDA-da DIDDA-da ... da-DIDDA-da DIDDA-da
Then it repeats.
Then it goes into a flurry of Pastori-esque bass notes for a few seconds.
Then it settles into a heavy funk jam with a fat horn section.
I realize this is an impossible ask, so feel free to let this post drift down to the bottom of the ocean, man... unless... unless you know what it is! EDIT: I don't read music except with great difficulty, like someone translating an unknown text carved into rocks. But if I didn't completely screw it up, this is the funky part that repeats for a lot of the song (but probably not in the right key). https://preview.redd.it/xbhgdv8mtp4b1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=703f7fa9265d64db6bdd8e16082849a62d295b4c