Adams county sheriff's office
2020.02.11 22:27 sunzusunzusunzusunzu Gannon Stauch
💙 Gannon Stauch, 11, was murdered in Colorado Springs, CO on January 27th 2020. He was found deceased in a suitcase in Florida on March 17 2020. His stepmother, Letecia, was found guilty of his murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole on May 8 2023💙
2021.08.13 01:01 HatefulkeelJr HCSO
The subreddit for discussing matters pertaining to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, which operates in the area surrounding Tampa, FL
2021.09.28 17:12 SnackSize_ CarolynRiggins
If you have any information about the disappearance and death of Carolyn Riggins, please call the Cooke County Sheriff's Office at 940-665-3471.
2023.06.08 17:18 model-willem WB132 Planning (Welsh Planning Agency and Local Planning Boards) (Wales) Bill Stage 3 Vote
We turn now to a vote on the Planning (Welsh Planning Agency and Local Planning Boards) (Wales) Bill.
Planning (Welsh Planning Agency and Local Planning Boards) (Wales) Bill 2023 An Act of the Senedd Cymru to make provision about planning
Transfer of powers
1 Transfer of powers to local planning boards
(1) The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 is amended as follows.
(2) For section (1B), substitute—
(1B) In Wales, the local planning authority for a county or a county borough is the local planning board established by the Welsh Planning Agency for the county or county borough. Welsh Planning Agency
2 Welsh Planning Agency
(1) The Welsh Planning Agency is established.
(2) It is a body corporate.
(3) Schedule 1 makes further provision about the Welsh Planning Agency.
Local planning boards
3 Local planning boards
(1) The Welsh Planning Agency must establish bodies called local planning boards in accordance with this section.
(2) There must be one local planning board for each county and county borough.
(3) Each local planning board is to be established by order made by the Welsh Planning Agency for an area within Wales.
(4) The area for which a local planning board is established must not coincide or overlap with the area of any other local planning board.
(5) The Welsh Planning Agency must ensure that, at all times on and after the appointed day, the areas of local planning boards together cover the whole of Wales.
(6) An order establishing a local planning board must provide for the constitution of the board, either by setting out the constitution or by making provision by reference to a published document where it is set out.
(7) The Welsh Planning Agency must publish orders under this section.
(8) In this section “the appointed day” means a day appointed under this subsection by regulations made by the Welsh Ministers.
(9) Schedule 2 makes further provision about local planning boards.
(1) This Act comes into force 1 year after Royal Assent.
5 Short title
(1) This Act may be known as the Planning (Welsh Planning Agency and Local Planning Boards) (Wales) Act 2023.
WELSH PLANNING AGENCY
Appointment of members
1 (1)The Welsh Planning Agency is to consist of—
(a) a member appointed by the Welsh Ministers to chair the Welsh Planning Agency, and (2) The Welsh Ministers may appoint a person as a member only if the Senedd Cymru has approved the appointment.
(b) other members appointed by the Welsh Ministers.
(3) In appointing members, the Welsh Ministers must have regard, among other things, to the desirability of ensuring that the membership (taken as a whole) has expertise or experience in—
(a) law relating to planning, (4) A member is appointed for such period not exceeding 4 years as the Welsh Ministers determine.
(b) housing policy,
(c) planning policy, and
(d) other matters which the Welsh Ministers consider relevant to planning and housing.
(5) The Welsh Ministers may reappoint a person as a member if—
(a) the person— (6) Sub-paragraphs (2) and (4) apply to the reappointment of a person as a member as they apply to the appointment of a person as a member.
(i) is a member at the time of reappointment, or (b) the person has not previously been reappointed.
(ii) ceased to be a member not more than 3 months before the date of reappointment, and
(7) The Welsh Ministers may determine other terms and conditions of membership in relation to matters not covered by this Act.
Persons who may not be members
2 (1) The Scottish Ministers may not appoint a person as a member if sub-paragraph (2) or (4) applies to the person.
(2) This sub-paragraph applies to a person who is—
(a) a member of— (3) Sub-paragraph (2) does not apply to a person who is a councillor or an employee of a local authority.
(i) the Scottish Parliament, (b)a member of the Welsh Government,
(ii) the House of Commons,
(iii) the House of Lords,
(iv) Senedd Cymru, or
(v) the Northern Ireland Assembly,
(c) a Minister of the Crown,
(d) an office-holder in the Welsh Administration,
(e) an office-holder of the Crown in right of Her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom,
(f) the holder of any other relevant elective office as defined by paragraph 1(8) of schedule 7 of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000,
(g) a civil servant.
(4) This sub-paragraph applies to a person who is or has been—
(a) insolvent, (4) For the purpose of sub-paragraph (3)(a), a person is or has been insolvent if—
(b) disqualified as a company director under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986,
(c) disqualified as a charity trustee under the Charities Act 2011,
(d) disqualified under a disqualification provision analogous to either of those mentioned in paragraphs (b) and (c) anywhere in the world.
(a) the person’s estate is or has been sequestrated, Members’ remuneration and expenses
(b) the person has granted a trust deed for creditors or has made a composition or arrangement with creditors,
(c) the person is or has been the subject of any other kind of arrangement analogous to either of those mentioned in paragraphs (a) and (b) anywhere in the world.
3 (1)The Welsh Planning Agency may pay—
(a) its members, and (2) The Welsh Planning Agency may pay—
(b) the members of any local planning board established by it, such remuneration as it may, with the approval of the Scottish Ministers, determine.
(a) its members, and Early termination of membership
(b) the members of any local planning board established by it, such sums as it may, with the approval of the Scottish Ministers, determine in respect of expenses incurred by them in performing their functions.
4 (1) A person’s membership of the Welsh Planning Agency ends if—
(a) the person gives notice in writing to the Welsh Ministers and the Llywydd of the Senedd that the person resigns, (2) The Welsh Ministers may remove a member under sub-paragraph (1)(c) only if—
(b) the person becomes disqualified from being a member,
(c) the Welsh Ministers give the person notice in writing that the person is removed from being a member.
(a) the member has been absent, without permission or reasonable excuse, from meetings of the Welsh Planning Agency for a period of longer than 3 consecutive months, (3) Where they propose to give a person, other than the person who is the member appointed to chair the Welsh Planning Agency, notice under sub-paragraph (1)(c) that the person is to be removed from being a member, the Welsh Ministers must consult the member appointed to chair the Welsh Planning Agency.
(b) the member has been convicted of a criminal offence, or
(c) the Welsh Ministers consider that the member is—
(i) unable to perform the member’s functions, or
(ii) unsuitable to continue as a member.
(4) The Welsh Ministers may remove a member under sub-paragraph (1)(c) only with the approval of the Senedd Cymru.
(5) For the purpose of sub-paragraph (1)(b), a person becomes disqualified from being a member if paragraph 3(2) or (4) applies to the person.
Chief executive and other staff
5 (1) The Welsh Planning Agency is to have, as a member of staff, a chief executive.
(2) The chief executive may not be a member of the Welsh Planning Agency.
(3)The Welsh Ministers are to appoint the first chief executive with the approval of the Senedd Cymru.
(4) The Welsh Planning Agency is to appoint each subsequent chief executive.
(5) The Welsh Planning Agency may appoint other staff.
(6) The chief executive and other staff are to be appointed on such terms and conditions as the Welsh Planning Agency, with the approval of the Welsh Ministers, determines.
Authority to perform functions
6 (1) The Welsh Planning Agency may authorise—
(a) any of its members, (2) The giving of authority under sub-paragraph (1) to perform a function does not—
(b) any local planning board established by it,
(c) its chief executive, or
(d) any other member of its staff, to perform such of its functions (and to such extent) as it may determine.
(a) affect the Welsh Planning Agency’s responsibility for the performance of the function, or Regulation of procedure
(b) prevent the Welsh Planning Agency from performing the function itself.
7 The Welsh Planning Agency may regulate its own procedure (including quorum) and that of any local planning board.
Validity of things done
8 The validity of anything done by the Welsh Planning Agency or a local planning board is not affected by—
(a) a vacancy in membership, General powers
(b)a defect in the appointment of a member,
(c) the disqualification of a person from being a member after appointment.
10 The Welsh Planning Agency may do anything which appears to it—
(a) to be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or in connection with, the performance of its functions, or Annual report
(b) to be otherwise conducive to the performance of its functions.
10 (1) The Welsh Planning Agency must, as soon as practicable after the end of each financial year—
(a) prepare and publish a report on its activities during that year, (2) It is for the Welsh Planning Agency to determine the form and content of each report.
(b) send a copy of the report to the Welsh Ministers, and
(c) lay a copy of the report before the Senedd Cymru.
11 (1) The Welsh Ministers may direct the Welsh Planning Agency to exercise its powers in a specified way.
(2) A direction under subsection (1) must—
(a) be in writing, and
(b) be published (as soon as practicable after it is communicated to the Welsh Planning Agency), and
(c) set out the Welsh Ministers’ reasons for making it.
(3) The Welsh Ministers may revise or revoke a direction under subsection (1).
(6) Subsection (3) applies to the revision or revocation of a direction under subsection (1) as it applies to such a direction.](https://www.reddit.com/MHOCSenedd/comments/12wsdq7/comment/jhsmgzo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)
12 (1) The Welsh Ministers must seek to ensure that the amount of resources allocated for use by the Welsh Planning Agency is reasonably sufficient to enable it to perform its functions.
(2) Each report prepared under paragraph 11 must include an assessment by the Welsh Planning Agency of whether the amount of resources allocated for use by it in the financial year to which the report relates was sufficient to enable it to perform its functions.
(3) Sub-paragraph (2) does not affect the generality of paragraph 11(2).
LOCAL PLANNING BOARDS
1 (1) Local planning boards are to consist of members appointed by the council of the county or county borough (“the council”) which the local planning board’s area covers.
Early termination of membership
2 (1) A person’s membership of a local planning board ends if—
(a) the person gives notice in writing to the council and the Welsh Planning Agency that the person resigns,
(b) the person becomes disqualified from being a member,
(c) the council give the person notice in writing that the person is removed from being a member.
(2) The council may remove a member under sub-paragraph (1)(c) only if—
(a) the member has been absent, without permission or reasonable excuse, from meetings of the local planning board for a period of longer than 3 consecutive months,
(b) the member has been convicted of a criminal offence, or
(c) the council consider that the member is—
(i) unable to perform the member’s functions, or
(ii) unsuitable to continue as a member.
(3) The council may remove a member under sub-paragraph (1)(c) only with the approval of the Welsh Planning Agency.
(4) For the purpose of sub-paragraph (1)(b), a person becomes disqualified from being a member if paragraph 1(3) applies to the person.
(5) The council may appoint a person as a member only if the Welsh Planning Agency has approved the appointment.
(6) A council may not appoint a person if they are—
(a) ineligible to be a member of the Welsh Planning Agency, or
(b) a member of the Welsh Planning Agency.
(7) In appointing members, the council must have regard, among other things, to the desirability of ensuring that the membership (taken as a whole) has expertise or experience in—
(a) law relating to planning,
(b) housing policy,
(c) planning policy, and
(d) other matters which the Welsh Planning Agency consider relevant to planning and housing.
(8) A member is appointed for such period not exceeding 4 years as the council determine.
(9) The council may reappoint a person as a member if—
(a) the person—
(i) is a member at the time of reappointment, or
(ii) ceased to be a member not more than 3 months before the date of reappointment, and
(b) the person has not previously been reappointed.
(10) Sub-paragraphs (2) and (4) apply to the reappointment of a person as a member as they apply to the appointment of a person as a member.
(11) The Welsh Planning Agency may determine other terms and conditions of membership in relation to matters not covered by this Act.
12 (1) A local planning board may do anything which appears to it—
(a) to be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or in connection with, the performance of its functions, or
(b) to be otherwise conducive to the performance of its functions.
(2) In exercising its powers, a local planning board must have regard to the National Development Framework for Wales.
Directions from the Welsh Planning Agency
13 (1) The Welsh Planning Agency may direct a local planning board to exercise its powers in a specified way.
(2) A direction under subsection (1) must—
(a) be in writing, and
(b) be published (as soon as practicable after it is communicated to the planning board), and
(c) set out the Welsh Planning Agency’s reasons for making it.
(3) The Welsh Planning Agency may revise or revoke a direction under subsection (1).
(14) Subsection (3) applies to the revision or revocation of a direction under subsection (1) as it applies to such a direction.
This bill is submitted by the Rt. Hon. LightningMinion CBE OM KT PC on behalf of Welsh Labour. Parts of this bill are inspired by the following real-life acts: UK Withdrawal from the European Union (Continuity) (Scotland) Act 2021, Health and Care Act 2022; and mhocholyrood’s Planning (Scotland) Act 2022.
This bill overhauls the planning process by delegating the planning responsibilities of councils to new local planning boards under the direction of a new national planning agency, the Welsh Planning Agency, modelled off the Scottish Housing Agency I introduced in Scotland through the Planning (Scotland) Act 2022. By creating a new agency for housing and planning, we can ensure that house building is getting the priority it needs to solve Wales’ housing crisis, and to ensure that local “Not In My Backyard” councillors cannot block housing developments for no good reason.
The members of the Welsh Planning Agency will be formed of members nominated by the Welsh government and approved (or rejected) by the Senedd. The local planning boards, of which there will be one for each principal authority, will in turn be formed of members nominated by the local council and approved (or rejected) by the Welsh Planning Agency. This will ensure that local planning boards retain an element of local control and local representation while also ensuring that NIMBY sentiment isn’t represented on local planning boards, helping fix Wales’ shortage of housing.
Link to the Debate
Voting on this bill will end at the close of business on 11th of June at 10pm BST
submitted by model-willem
to MHOCSeneddVote [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:00 _call-me-al_ [Thu, Jun 08 2023] TL;DR — This is what you missed in the last 24 hours on Reddit
If you want to receive this as a daily email in your inbox, you can now join at this link Russians Shooting at Rescuers in Flooded Areas, Zelenskyy Says Comments Link Australia to ban swastika, SS sign citing rise of far-right Comments Link Zelensky: UN and Red Cross did not respond to requests for assistance in the flooded areas Comments Link DOJ charges ‘Bob’s Burgers,’ ‘Arrested Development’ actor in Jan. 6 Capitol riot
Philadelphia is under a 'code red' alert as millions from the East Coast to Canada suffer unhealthy air from Quebec's wildfires
Casa Bonita reopening: Trey Parker and Matt Stone tell New York Times they spent above $40 million on restoration
Researchers at The University of Queensland have discovered viruses such as SARS-CoV-2 can cause brain cells to fuse, initiating malfunctions that lead to chronic neurological symptoms.
New study: "Firearm ownership and risky firearm behaviors (e.g. carrying, unsafe storage) are more prominent among groups such as politically conservative males living in rural areas while also being influenced by threatening experiences, uncertainty, and perceptions of safety."
Google DeepMind has trained a reinforcement learning agent called AlphaDev to find better sorting routines. It has discovered small sorting algorithms from scratch that outperform previously known human benchmarks and have now been integrated into the LLVM standard C++ sort library.
Boeing sued for allegedly stealing IP, counterfeiting tools used on NASA projects
Neil Armstrong completed almost all required coursework towards a master's degree when he joined NASA in early 1960s. A semester short, he returned to USC after his moon landing in 1970 to give a one-hour seminar on the technical aspects of landing Apollo's lunar module to receive his Masters
Yahoo Life: NASA's Mission to That $10,000 Quadrillion Asteroid Is Officially Happening This Fall
The US solar market is projected to triple in size by 2028
Solar power crosses the political aisle; $75 million for agrivoltaics research
An electronic skin that can mimic the natural properties of human skin. It can react to external stimuli, especially impersonate the ‘touch sensation’
What is something you used to think people were over exaggerating about until you experienced it yourself?
(NSFW) What has someone done that immediately killed the mood?
What’s something you secretly judge people for?
TIL a 36-year-old man with a super swollen stomach, who had had trouble breathing, went to the ER only to discover that the twin he had absorbed in utero was still living in his abdomen
TIL Neil Armstrong completed almost all required coursework towards a master's degree when he joined NASA in early 1960s. A semester short, he returned to USC after his moon landing in 1970 to give a one-hour seminar on the technical aspects of landing Apollo's lunar module to receive his Masters
TIL Since his father had died 5 months earlier, King Alfonso XIII of Spain became king on the day of his birth in 1886. While only a few minutes old he was presented naked to the Spanish Prime Minister on a silver tray.
[OC] I created a simple, free waveform and genre visualizer for your top ten Spotify songs, a few samples below and link to the tool in the comments!
[OC] How We Spend Time in Different Relationships
[OC] Air pollution from Canadian wildfires: PM 2.5 particulate density in the continental United States
Having to clean out and organize your pantry and fridge is totally normal right?
What dish do you find yourself recommending on this sub over and over?
how to cook bacon without filling the house with smoke.
Club Sandwich with Honey ham, sliced rotisserie chicken, applewood smoked thick cut bacon and Dill Havarti cheese. [Homemade]
[Homemade] Scallion hotdog flower buns
The Making of the World's First Ever Fully Painted Feature Film, "Loving Vincent"
"Arrival" - By Denis Villeneuve
Office Space and Fight Club - What was it about the late 90's and corporate disillusionment?
Witch Hunt, Digital, by Simz, 2023
Celestial, vonnesaur, digital, 2023
Green owl, VedaDragon, polymer clay, 2023
Jay Johnston — of Mr. Show, Arrested Development, The Sarah Silverman Show, Bob's Burger's, and Anchorman fame — has been arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol
‘Star Wars: Ahsoka’ Sets Official August 23 Premiere Date at Disney+
CBN founder, ‘The 700 Club’ host Pat Robertson dies at 93
GRRM in a writer's strike gathering. XD
New York skies due to Canada forest fire
The amount of Parmesan my husband puts on his pasta.
watercolor of Houston
Dozing off while taking a dust bath
"I'm going to casually put my arm around her"
3D animation that demonstrates the radius of destruction of the fallen line and gives advice on how to behave if you find yourself in this situation.
The lighting in this room makes it look like this fan is missing a blade
I found my great great grandfather’s 1899 certificate of U.S. citizenship in which he renounced his allegiance to the Emperor of Austria
These Lego bricks are the same color... except under a blacklight
New york city in 2023, everyone wearing mask due to air quality
Sea cucumber skin under 100x magnification
Abandoned skyscraper in Memphis
Who knew strippers were this successful.
Being an adult isn't the same as being a grown up
This little baby deer got so scared crossing the road from seeing the car approaching, it dropped down in the middle of the road and wouldn't move. After stopping and turning the car off to help them calm down, the mama deer cautiously came to the rescue
Goose and Mumble eating breakfast and watching SpongeBob (OC)
Always get your gear checked by a professional
Get this as a daily email!
submitted by _call-me-al_
to RedditTLDR [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 16:48 JudgeProfessional294 Best NEW DOJ Server - Professionally ran and developed
| || | submitted by JudgeProfessional294 to FiveMServers [link] [comments]
Join one of the best DOJ servers around!
New Advanced DOJ Server
[ Recruiting all department heads + Senior Staff & management - enquire in our discord, an invite link can be found on our website]
Website - https://statesanandreas-store.tebex.io/
Introducing State San Andreas Department of Justice Roleplay Server!
Experience Unprecedented Development, Professionalism, and a Mature Community!
Join us on our cutting-edge FiveM DOJ server that offers an unparalleled level of quality. With a highly skilled development team, a meticulously crafted website, and a range of professional departments, we are dedicated to delivering the utmost realism both in-game and within our Discord community.
Immerse yourself in a server like no other, where attention to detail and a commitment to excellence are paramount. Our exceptional features include:
✦ Never-Before-Seen Development: Witness innovation and advancements that will redefine your FiveM DOJ experience. Our development team is constantly pushing boundaries, ensuring you have access to the latest features and improvements.
✦ Professional Website: Seamlessly navigate our sophisticated website, designed to provide you with easy access to information, updates, and essential resources. Stay informed and connected with our intuitive interface.
✦ Diverse Departments: Choose from a range of prestigious departments to contribute your expertise. Whether you're interested in upholding the law as a member of the Blaine County Sheriff's Office (BCSO), saving lives with the San Andreas Fire and Rescue (SAFR), overseeing operations as part of the Staff team, or ensuring security through one of our reputable Security Companies, there's a place for you to make a meaningful impact.
✦ Mature Community: Join a community of like-minded individuals who value professionalism, integrity, and respect. Engage in meaningful discussions, forge lasting friendships, and collaborate with fellow members who share your passion for realism and immersive gameplay.
✦ Skilled Staff Team: Our carefully selected staff members undergo comprehensive training to provide you with exceptional support and assistance. From addressing inquiries to resolving issues, our dedicated team is committed to ensuring your experience is smooth and enjoyable.
If you are an experienced individual seeking an elevated FiveM DOJ community, we invite you to become a part of our exceptional journey. Join us as we redefine the standard and set new benchmarks for realism and professionalism.
Visit our website at https://statesanandreas-store.tebex.io/
to learn more.
2023.06.08 16:46 c1the1Assass1n LLK. Some niggas try rob Lil EBG and this was da outcome
2023.06.08 16:42 Tricky_Requirement40 Come join us on Uncharted Role Play. We have a ton of positions available on SASP, BCSO, LSPD, and SAFR/EMS. Join the community! We are a ESX based economy server with active staff and owners!
2023.06.08 16:39 Tricky_Requirement40 Come join us on Uncharted Role Play. We have a ton of positions available on SASP, BCSO, LSPD, and SAFR/EMS. Join the community! We are a ESX based economy server with active staff and owners! https://discord.gg/unchartedroleplay cfx.re/join/vbk9dq
2023.06.08 16:35 BeckyBee_ Questions and Answers with Assistant Game Director, Adam Whiting!
Thanks for all the amazing questions you’ve submitted for our Q&A with Assistant Game Director, Adam Whiting. We’re delighted to have received so many. So many, in fact, that we couldn’t possibly have taken so much of Adam’s time to answer them all – maybe we’ll have to do a part two one day soon.
We sat down with Adam this week and got some answers for you. We’re sure you’ll be happy with what Adam did manage to answer; he’s really gone above and beyond for this one.
Here’s a few words from Adam:
“I really appreciate all the kind words for the studio, we’ll be sure to share them with the rest of the team. It was also nice to see some familiar faces from over the years – thank you for remembering me and saying hello! It’s always a pleasure interacting with our wonderful community, and we look forward to doing more things like this in the future.”
And with that, we’ll dive into the Q&A. Enjoy!
/EVERYWHERE Community Team
Life as an Assistant Game Director at Build A Rocket Boy Q: Hi Adam! Thank you for participating in this, it's so great to see the relationship Build A Rocket Boy has established with the community!
Keep being awesome! – From u/NestorSite
- What are your daily tasks as Assistant Game Director, and what would you say is the aspect of game development that you give the most importance to? (Game mechanics, narrative, visuals...)
- What are your favourite games and how do you think they influenced you when working on EVERYWHERE oand MindsEye?
A: Well, thanks to you as well NestorSite, it’s exciting for me to get to talk to you all about what we have been working on (finally!) and we really care about our community and are delighted to get to share more info.
As Assistant Game Director my day can vary greatly, and each day presents new challenges and opportunities to help progress the project. Primarily in Game Direction we are ensuring that all the teams are aligned on the bigger picture and goals of the project. Historically, this has been working mostly with Design on the core game mechanics and systems, but now we are at a point where a lot of the design work is complete, its more about checking progress, playing the game every day, and making sure everything is trending correctly.
It's hard to pick an area that is most important as what makes games development special is how it’s a convergence point for most of the artistic and engineering disciplines we know of, and all of them contribute to the whole, so they are all equally important (plus I would hate for any of our teams to feel like I had any favourites 😉). That being said, games are primarily meant to be fun, so I am particularly passionate about the core mechanics. We want our players to have a great time in EVERYWHERE and MindsEye – though each of these have their own specific requirements that present interesting challenges and drive all our departments to push the boundaries of their respective areas of expertise.
I’ve given a lengthy answer about my favourite games elsewhere so I’ll try and keep this short and point you in the direction of that, what I would say though is that generally we don’t look at other games in particular when working on the design of EVERYWHERE though it’s impossible not to be influenced by the things you have enjoyed (such is the nature of art).
Q: Hey Adam! Could you tell us what is the most challenging task you had to face in the last few years? – u/Gab1024
A: Hey Gab, thanks for your question!
One of the biggest challenges we’ve faced throughout the project has been building the team – building an exciting, ambitious, and new type of project is a huge challenge but building the company in tandem has been very tough as we’ve always aimed to bring the quality talent that the project requires. That can be tough when you are trying to attract talented devs, who, in many cases, can choose where they work. They are often choosing between established studios and established projects which can be very tempting. However, we’ve been very fortunate and have built a team of very talented and experienced devs (with a healthy dose of people fresh to the industry) who are really delivering on the ambitions of the project, and we are all excited for you all to see and play the game as soon as possible.
Personally, one big challenge for me was the whole Gamescom experience – I never thought I’d find myself on stage with Geoff and talking in front of so many people, especially having grown up watching countless game announcements and reveals, it was both terrifying and extremely exciting though pretty far from my natural environment behind a PC in a studio 😊
Q: Hiya, I’m curious if you started out in another role in the gaming industry that led to being a Director? - Thanks, u/voodoolady94 xx
A: Hey voodoolady – unsure if your name is a Ween or Hendrix reference but either way, I like the handle!
I started in the industry, as many people did, in Quality Assurance. QA is a fantastic starting point for two reasons; Firstly, it isn’t a role that requires a lot of specialised experience to get started. In fact, one of the key things we are always looking for with new QA roles is a passion for gaming, strong attention to detail and good communication skills – don’t get me wrong it can be very intense and challenging working in QA but if you have a genuine passion for making games it can be highly enjoyable and rewarding working in part of a team that is so intrinsic to releasing any quality project. Secondly, everything in every game needs some form of QA support – meaning that you are exposed to every department/facet of games development which can be really useful for finding what you like and what you are good at. Often you can naturally progress into a more specialised role that can lead to moving to another team entirely (or becoming a stalwart experienced QA that will always be in demand within the industry) – there are countless examples I can think of from across my career where people have gone from QA into writing, AI coding, concept art, audio design – pretty much every department has someone within it that started in QA.
My personal journey was rising through the ranks of QA to a QA Supervisor and then moving towards Production before eventually moving to Game Direction – and I’m honestly still learning and growing every day as I get to interact with truly exceptional and talented people who are each extremely knowledgeable and experienced in their own areas. Each interaction is an opportunity to learn and grow, and if you approach the industry with that spirit, you will definitely do well.
Q: How hard is it to turn your game ideas into reality with the help of developers, how do you explain to them what's on your head in terms of game direction? – Thanks, u/vassirbl. From Morocco.
A: Hey vassirbl, thanks for taking part!
This is a really interesting question and one that is hard to answer directly as it depends on the idea – some things can require just a few lines of code, some can require multiple teams working in tandem to bring it to life – and that is part of the challenge with games development, something that seems quite straight forward might be really challenging to manifest. On the flipside, sometimes something that may seem to be really complicated and taxing can actually be done very quickly and efficiently.
The thing I’d say about this is that having ideas is one thing, everyone has ideas and I believe everyone is creative, but in a position like games direction it isn’t always about throwing around big ideas – you need to have a vision for what you are wanting to make and achieve and you need to ensure that your ideas are in service of that vision and are supplementing/augmenting/enhancing the direction of the game. You aren’t always making a game for yourself and your own niche interests, you are in service of the vision and trying to ensure that there is congruence between what is going into the game and what the game is trying to achieve.
In terms of explaining things that can often be more straight forward than it might seem, you are interacting with people who aren’t just gamers, they have made gaming their passion/vocation so you are speaking about the game in a similar way to when speaking to a friend about a game you are both playing together – and generally if the idea is good then it's going to generate some excitement. Then you are in an ideation process where the person you are talking to, often someone who is passionate about an areas of games development (their discipline), will then have some suggestions for flourishes and tweaks that can help improve the idea. This is really important because you want the game to be as good as it can be, and there is no silver bullet that magically makes a game feel special, fun or unique, normally its countless little tweaks and adjustments and suggestions from everywhere within the studio that create the end result which hopefully is something that feels like it has been made with love, care and attention. You can’t fake that or even articulate what it is that makes a game feel like that, but you feel it when you play a great game and that is what we are always striving to achieve.
Q: I was waiting for this because I'm on the mailing list. I appreciate this. Hello Adam. I guess my question is what is one of your favourite things about being an Assistant Gaming Director at Build A Rocket Boy? – u/EducationalCook9570
A: Thanks for signing up, EducationalCook, really pleased to get to answer your question so thanks for taking part.
It’s really hard to pick one particular thing but over the years I’ve been asked some variation of this question and my answer generally is the same – it's getting to work with such an amazing team of wonderful and talented people who are giving their all in service of the same common goal – making EVERYWHERE and MindsEye the best possible game(s) they can be.
When I was growing up gaming was still a bit of a niche hobby so anyone I met that was a gamer was instantly a friend, someone I could share my passion with, and now I get to spend most of my time with people like that – it's truly a blessing and I feel fortunate every day I get to interact with all of my wonderful colleagues.
Q: Howdy Adam! Most people will ask about the game, but for a Q&A it's really about the person. So here are my questions.
Thx in advance for answering these questions. I really hope you do. – u/MikaStr0L
- Were there moments where the development struggled? If so, how did this affect you?
- Now the last ones might be too personal buuuut, is pineapple on pizza justifiable?
A: Hey MikaStr0L, thanks for your question(s)!
I wouldn’t say there were any parts where development struggled but along the way there are always challenges to overcome, the main one for us was building a company at the same time of building a brand new and exciting project.
Generally speaking though, if things aren’t going quite as planned I try not to let it bother me – though that can of course be hard when you feel very personally invested in something – but I’ve found that it doesn’t help to let the negative feeling linger and instead try and push on, games development – like life in general – doesn’t always go according to plan but you just have to focus on solutions and moving forward and not let things hold you back. If you can do something about an issue, then deal with it and fix it, if you can’t do anything about it then move on and try not to let the negatives/setbacks hold back progress in other areas.
Now the truly important question… I must admit that I am not a fan of pineapple on pizza, although I do like pineapple generally, I’m more of a pepperoni kind of guy 😊
Q: Hey Adam, first, let me say I admire the work you all do a lot. Not only you guys at BARB, but also in the whole industry. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on MindsEye and EVERYWHERE.
Thank you and I hope you keep succeeding at your career, can't wait to play both projects’ you guys have been working on. 💙 – u/Fabry06
- Working within the QA part for many years, was it difficult the transition to a different role? Would you say it was a positive change?
- Do you think EVERYWHERE and other games/experiences with a similar concept are the future of gaming?
A: Hi Fabry, thanks for taking part and for your kind words and sentiments. I’ll start by saying that I also admire the work that takes place industry wide – the games industry is full of amazing and talented people who are all helping to further this artform we all whole dear forward, and I believe we are only just now realising the potential that video games can achieve.
I would say that transitioning from QA to another role felt very natural, even in my current position I’m still playing the game all the time and entering bugs, they might not be as well written as they once were but once you’ve cultivated a QA mindset it is not easy to turn off (this can make me a very boring person to watch play in my spare time as I’m always poking and prodding games to see what might happen…). I would say it was also a positive change for me personally but everyone's path in the industry is different and you kind of move with the tides and get swept up in a project and who knows where you end up within it – I always took the approach of wanting to be helpful/productive/useful in furthering the ambitions of the studio and the project and have always been happy to do that regardless of what that entails (in the very early days I was building PCs and writing design docs as well as doing QA work, whatever was required).
I do think that EVERYWHERE is a new type of project, but one that isn’t entirely unfamiliar, there are probably aspects that you recognise and some that are a bit different, I think the way everything ‘fits together’ is quite elegant and hasn’t been done before. The industry in general though is continuously evolving and I think that’s what makes it an exciting thing to be a part of. I do feel that the way people are consuming entertainment has fundamentally changed within the past decade and I believe that EVERYWHERE is a reflection of that – perhaps games in general are a bit to beholden to established paradigms and ways of doing things in ways that I think we aren’t.
About EVERYWHERE and MindsEye Q: What is the inspiration to create EVERYWHERE and MindsEye, and why did you decide to make them two different games? – u/Zgangstas
A: Hi Zgangstas, thanks for your question.
This is a really interesting question and I think this is part of the magic of games development, when you are ideating/experimenting in the early stages of a project you can happen upon some magic that can alter the way you approach things, even if the vision has remained the same throughout perhaps the way to achieve it evolves.
I think that one of the main things we always wanted to do was create a space where players were in control, where they could be who they want to be and have the experiences that they wanted to have – but then as experienced game devs there is a natural inclination towards curating an immersive experience that captivates and enthrals players – this was a tricky thing to balance and trade off and I think ultimately it lead us to our current path.
EVERYWHERE is a space where players are in control, where they can build, share, compete, and explore in numerous different ways – and MindsEye is where we can construct an immersive and cinematic experience – with shared DNA between the two so we aren’t reinventing the wheel constantly, and we are at the place where we are now where work on one project is benefitting the other and vice versa.
So, I guess the true answer is that they both demanded to be different game organically through the course of development and we pay attention to what the game is telling us and let that guide us.
Q: Hi Adam, there’s the audience that fantasize on stylized and cartoonish games and the ones that are focused on realistic, story-driven experiences. How challenging is it to deliver the best game as possible to both audiences, and how confident do you feel about the shape those two games are in? – u/Treyboss2001
A: Thanks for your question Treyboss.
I think as you say there are probably distinct audiences for both, some that prefer or only enjoy one style or the other, but there are others (like me!) who enjoy both stylised and realistic games – often depending on my mood.
It may seem challenging to be constantly shifting gears between them both but ultimately, it’s more natural than it may seem. They have very distinctive and different requirements and demands that make decisions intuitive – though careful thought and consideration is required for each.
However, the way we think about it internally is that we get to have our cake and eat it, we aren’t locked in to one style or gameplay type, which can be fun and refreshing – perhaps you hit a creative roadblock with one and you can move on to the other and come back with a fresh perspective to the original issue you were having. Projects of this scale can often take many years to make so not being too locked in to just one thing is a blessing.
In terms of the progress we are making, I have to say that I am constantly delighted – either one project is delivering something new and wonderful or the other one is (often both at the same time!). Now we are getting to show people them both for the first time I’m truly humbled by the very positive reactions we are receiving.
Q: Hello Adam from the Build A Rocket Boy team. What was the original plan when EVERYWHERE was being developed in lumberyard engine and back when yah were using the lumberyard engine what were the challenges and roadblocks?
Keep being awesome Adam. - u/Lonelyfades
A: Thank you Lonelyfades, I will do my best!
I think back when we first started with this project the industry was quite different, the game engine landscape in particular was very different. We always had lofty ambitions for this project and at the time Lumberyard seemed to be the only engine that could deliver what we needed to even scratch the surface of what we wanted to accomplish. Since then, things have progressed somewhat and now we are in UE5. I believe UE5 is clearly the cutting-edge technology that we need in order to deliver the best possible results.
That is the strange thing with life and games development, sometimes an old decision was the correct one at the time even if it is not correct for right now, and even things as disruptive as engine swapping is ultimately worth it if it unlocks the creative potential you are aspiring towards.
I think this is ultimately a tribute to our core strength as a developer which is our unwillingness to compromise, we are eager to undertake difficult or even painful changes if it helps move the needle closer to where we want it to be.
Q: Hi Adam, so something I was confused about, is EVERYWHERE and MindsEye the same game? Or is it a game within a game? – u/Jozza141
A: Jozza thanks for asking your question and I am happy to try and relieve your confusion.
EVERYWHERE and MindsEye are distinctly different, but also inextricably linked. One way to think about it is that EVERYWHERE is ultimately a platform for games, entertainment, and different types of fun – and MindsEye is a story-driven, action-adventure game that could reasonably exist on its own but is enriched and elevated by its connection to a larger social space. A connection that I believe is deep and meaningful. The possibilities are endless and there’s so much to share, but we will reveal more when we are ready.
Q: Both u/iPeluche and u/Bobby_Boy301 had some questions about PC vs Console release. Why has BARB opted for the separate release between PC and Console. And does this mean Console won’t get the same treatment as PC after release?
A: I don’t think we are completely locked into this type of approach; we want to do that which makes the most sense for both projects whilst also working within the constraints of their paradigms.
PC is certainly a very open and creatively liberating space in which to operate, sometimes key innovations in gaming take place on PC because of its open nature and I think this is an example of that.
Rest assured we are passionate about both PC and Console development, and we would always aim to ensure parity between both releases of either project – platform holders permitting.
With all that being said, I would look forward to future announcements as we are very pragmatic as a company and always move forward in a direction that makes sense both for us and for our players.
Advice for aspiring Game Developers Q: Ok, ok, here goes:
What advice do you have for those aspiring to pursue a career in game development?
What excites you the most in terms of future game development and where do you think the industry is headed? – u/RazorDarkness
A: Thanks for your question RazorDarkness.
My biggest advice for anyone trying to pursue a career in games development is to always remain humble, this is the cross section for all the artistic and engineering disciplines we have in media, as such it is impossible to be an expert at all things. You are always going to be working in a team and you are always going to be relying on your peers to achieve whatever it is you set out to achieve. So always keep your eyes and ears open and try to absorb as much knowledge and information as you can so you never stop learning. The moment you think you know it all is the moment you become a dinosaur and you will be immediately surpassed.
My second big piece of advice is to never lose sight of why you are making games in the first place – I often keep some mementos on my desk from favourite games and things that inspired me as a child to keep me grounded, as even on the hardest of days I can take a step back and realise that I’m getting to do something that I’ve loved my entire life and despite its difficulties my overriding feeling is always gratitude that I’m even able to earn a living doing something I love.
Q: Hello Adam!
First, I really hope you and your team are getting enough sleep after all the hard work you guys put into these projects. I just want to say on behalf of the EVERYWHERE & MindsEye Community, we really appreciate all of you that are involved with these two major projects, and also sending much support to every single one of you on this journey!
But my question is ... Where do you see yourself, the team, and everyone over at BARB in the next 10 years after both games are officially out? – u/TheRealRocketBoy
A: Well thank you TheRealRocketBoy – your support and encouragement means a lot, excited for you to get to enjoy the fruits of our labours!
This is a great question – I see us still working on this project, both aspects of what we are doing have far reaching plans and if all they all work out, we’ll still be working on both – and we aim that this will be in tandem with our community and players.
What things will look like at that point though I have no idea, EVERYWHERE in particular isn’t the kind of game we want to prescribe to people, it's something we want to further improve and refine in collaboration with our players – indeed the launch of EVERYWHERE will truly just be the beginning and I know that the creativity of gamers will always thrill and surprise so I think we are going to go on a wild ride together and I can’t wait to see where we end up.
MindsEye on the other hand… well who knows where in space or time we may be with that story by that point… I could write down on a piece of paper now a phrase for where MindsEye will be in year 10 and whilst it would almost certainly hold true, how we get there, and the specifics would surprise even me, I’m sure!
Q: Hey Adam, appreciate you taking the time to do this Q&A!
You have a great name! I may have a bias though as I'm also an Adam. In my spare time I've been creating a game design document for a game I'd love to create. This document has been growing and expanding over the past couple years. Ideally, I have aspirations of becoming a creative director for a development studio but have no experience working in the gaming industry (I'm a project manager in the residential construction industry).
Given your experience in the industry and your current position as BARB's Assistant Game Director, what advice would you give someone such as myself about how I may go about potentially pitching my design documentation to a studio and ultimately becoming a creative director? Do you personally feel as though people aspiring to become involved in the gaming industry need to start in an entry level position? Or perhaps there are alternative pathways to achieving such goals?
Thank you! Well wishes to you and everyone at BARB! – u/EndgameEmporium
A: Hey EndgameEmporium!
I admire your enthusiasm and you clearly have a passion for games which is something you want to hold on to as it will always keep you right and steer you correctly.
That being said I think there are two ways to head in if you want to be a creative director – firstly you can go down the studio route – however keep in mind that games are big expensive things to make, and it would be pretty remarkable for someone to have an idea so strong that a studio would trust in and fund it. Generally speaking I think going down this path would require you joining a studio and working your way up, and in particular showing a willingness to work towards someone else’s vision and showing that you can see the big picture when it comes to games development, then you will get creative opportunities with an established project or studio to show what you can do and from there more and more creative freedom until you are able to pitch your idea. With that path you may very well find that working with other creative brief’s and visions can be both challenging and rewarding, as essentially they are ‘creative restraints’ you are operating within and learning to work within these restraints will teach you how to be economical and efficient with your designs and ideas (sometimes a good idea can cost millions of dollars and sometimes a great idea can be brought to life with existing resources, the latter is where the magic really is, and will make you very popular to work with!).
The second path to take would be to try and build out a vertical slice or gameplay prototype or concept yourself, with that I would try and refine your idea to its core components, understand what things fundamentally you need for another person to be able to experience or understand your idea, and go from there. If anything, EVERYWHERE might be the perfect thing for you as empowering the great creative minds of the next generation is something we are very passionate about and you may be able to bring your idea to life with ARC-ADIA.
Emerging Technologies in Gaming Q: u/Main-Department9806 and u/Dirty_Worka had some interesting questions about AI. Adam, as AI learning and functionality accelerates, what’s your read on the level of disruption we should expect with regards to game development? And do you think we can leverage AI such as ChatGPT into games, for example, so that NPC’s dialogue could be vast and ever changing?
A: I think that AI is going to fundamentally change the way in which we interact with the world and each other, it's going to be a transformative technology over the coming years and every industry and sector will feel it.
In terms of game development, we can see how this might play out already, things like ChatGPT etc. will streamline and accelerate the game development process exponentially – this should hopefully lower the costs and requirements for making larger projects. This could mean many more larger and ambitious games that are taking more risks emerge as they won’t be as expensive and time consuming to create – instead of a lot of talent being funnelled in to a few large studios and creators it will allow us to go back to an older style of games development where a small team with a big idea has some chance of bringing it to fruition without having to compromise on the scope/scale.
From the consumer perspective yes, I think we will soon have realistic interactions with NPCs where we can really build deeper and more personal connections with the characters we interact with in these virtual worlds, possibly even allowing us to alter how events and stories may play out, maybe in the future the way I play a story driven game may yield entirely different results and a different ending to how your story may finish – and maybe these aren’t just branching paths but completely different forks in the road we are creating dynamically – maybe then watching each other player story games has value beyond the personality/skill of the person playing.
I think this something that games developers have always wanted to have access to, a future where we can create entire worlds that feel unique to the individual because the way you are experiencing it is unique to you, in the same way that each of our journeys through life are unique and different even though we all inhabit the same world within the same physical universe.
Off-Topic Q: Hey Adam, first I would like to thank you and the team for the great effort on EVERYWHERE and we can't wait to play what you're working on.
Second, my question is what's your favourite game (or games) of all time (excluding games you worked on). - u/Punisher_27
A: Firstly, thank you for your kind words, Punisher!
Secondly, what a fun question! I’m going to end up kicking myself later when I realise I missed something but here are a few of my faves from a lifetime spent playing video games:
Mario 64 – it is tough picking one Mario game as he’s the reason I got in to games (playing on my parents imported NES at the age of 3 changed my life!) but something about Mario 64 is just so magical and wonderful, the first time effortlessly moving through a 3D world, the joyous nature of the gameplay and the level design, I just adored this so much and despite later entries (e.g. Galaxy) being more refined and objectively better this is just such a special game I don’t think it's possible to calculate the impact it had on the industry and on entertainment when it first came out.
Quake 3 – I have probably played this more than any other game (with the possible exception of World of Warcraft) but this was my first foray in to the world of online games and that was a life-changing moment, realising that no matter how good I got there was always someone out there better… well that was a challenge I duly accepted and I have met many wonderful friends I hold very dear to me along the way across many different online games but this was the one that really blew me away
Bloodborne – I do adore the whole Soulsborne franchise(s) and as a game dev I really admire how FromSoft do things their own way and stay true to their artistic vision. I can’t think of a game that is more harmonious and congruent than Bloodborne, every pixel/sound is working in perfect harmony with each other, and the end result is something truly staggering. If I could wipe my memory and play one game over and over again and recapture the same feeling I had when I first played it, it would be Bloodborne.
Final Fantasy VII – I was queueing outside Electronics Boutique the day this came out, the first FF game to get released in Europe and I’m so glad we didn’t miss out on this one (though 6 was great and we had to import that…) – I can’t put into words what it was like encountering Sephiroth for the first time thinking I was at the Shinra HQ to complete the game and then the world map opens up and my mind was so utterly blown I couldn’t believe my eyes. As for Aerith/Aeris – well… aside from the fact she was the group healer… I was just floored; I didn’t realise how potent games were at eliciting an emotional response until that scene and I doubt any game could ever have that impact again.
Street Fighter 2 – when this first came out it was unlike anything I’d ever seen before – encountering at an arcade machine it's what the “cool older kids” were playing and its always retained that allure, this was a game that was cool and badass. The way you compete against others in fighting games has a certain purity to it that I just love, and I sorely miss having arcades to go to as they were a staple in my life growing up and there was always a great fighting game a community would build around. Getting to have the SNES version that was as close to arcade perfect as we could fathom at the time was a real joy as well and I guess this is widely regarded as the beat ‘em up that started it all and with good reason, because it did!
Q: Hey Adam and the community team, hope you're all doing well!
Thanks in advance! – u/thewhitewolf35
- Are you a cat or a dog person? xD
- When the game was announced in 2017, Everywhere was only the working title of the game. Why did you keep the name? What were some of the suggestions?
A: Hey thewhitewolf! Thanks for your fun questions 😊
I am definitely a dog person, I’ve grown up with dogs my entire life and despite being fond of cats I just adore dogs – quite a few people in the office have them and I am always happy to meet them, and due to my lifestyle I am not really able to be a good and responsible dog owner right now so I am very grateful when I get to interact with any of the BARB doggos. 😊
EVERYWHERE has always been called such and I think we liked the title straight away, I think it speaks to the potentially unlimited nature of what we are trying to achieve and we want this to be a game that anyone can play, wherever they are as I think we see games as more than just ways to spend your time, they are ways to connect and socialise and learn from each other – but even more than that they are a way to share experiences and that spirit of creativity has always been our guiding star with the project.
Q: u/MightyMax_1988 would like to know more about what you do in your free time. Do you like retro consoles such as Sega Master System, Sega Genesis (mega drive), Super Nintendo (snes)? And do you like the movie Ready Player One?
A: Hey MightyMax! I am always happy to talk about my hobbies 😊my friends often wish I would shut up about them!
In my free time I do enjoy watching team sports, specifically football (lifelong Nottingham Forest fan) and I adore the NBA (big Lakers fan) and live sports are a good way to stay connected to my friends and are something I always try and make time for. I also try and stay on top of the latest greatest TV Shows, Movies and Anime (just finished Ted Lasso which I thought was such wholesome fun and I also recently finished an anime called Chainsaw Man that was just… exhilarating!).
In terms of games I’m a lifelong gamer so I’ve had every console (apart from the NeoGeo…) over the years (even a VirtualBoy), though I would say that I don’t really do much retro gaming these days as I struggle to keep up with all the modern games coming out, and I think I prioritise online gaming as it helps me stay connected to my friends so I’m always playing something with them and then trying my best to play the cream of the crop of single player games (currently trying to finish off Octopath Traveller 2 so I can move on to the new Zelda!).
And yeah, I liked both the book and the movie Ready Player One – I love a good mashup of different IPs and art-styles, I really enjoyed Wreck It Ralph for the same reason, and anything with lots of pop culture references makes me happy (even stuff like Scott Pilgrim etc.).
Q: How bad were you at Quake? – u/tyj
A: I was so terrible I had to go to tournaments and captain the UK RA3 team… it was a tough time 😊 but back then when I told people I thought Esports would be played in stadiums for millions of dollars people thought I was an idiot… I’m so delighted to see how things have ended up and really excited that future generations can actually become pro gamers as a viable path in life – how far we’ve come!
Q: Also, what’s your favourite colour? – u/voodoolady94
A: Another question from the voodoolady…. Well, this one is an easy one and I can be uncharacteristically succinct.
Pink, my favourite colour is pink 😊
submitted by BeckyBee_
to EverywhereGame [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 16:33 Tricky_Requirement40 Come join us on Uncharted Role Play. We have a ton of positions available on SASP, BCSO, LSPD, and SAFR/EMS. Join the community! We are a ESX based economy server with active staff and owners! https://discord.gg/unchartedroleplay cfx.re/join/vbk9dq
2023.06.08 16:31 different_produce384 Marion County Sheriffs/ Ocala PD
Every Single officer involved and that POS chief/ Sherrif need to be fired and charged as accomplices in Owens murder. F the good ole boys.
This woman had a life and kids.
Vanished because of a racist POS who was so smug about it she drank coffee on her porch right after the killing.
Those kids should be allowed to do whatever they want to that lady to feel vindicated.
FUCK The Marion County Sheriffs.. Racist shits
submitted by different_produce384
to ocala [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 16:30 Tricky_Requirement40 Come join us on Uncharted Role Play. We have a ton of positions available on SASP, BCSO, LSPD, and SAFR/EMS. Join the community! We are a ESX based economy server with active staff and owners! https://discord.gg/unchartedroleplay cfx.re/join/vbk9dq
2023.06.08 16:25 Key-Effort963 Possible job offer of $49,000 annual salary. Is that enough to live in Sterling?
For a neighboring county?
It’s with the post office. Thank you in advance.
submitted by Key-Effort963
to nova [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 16:00 biffnix Suspect Sought in June 6 Independence Burglary
2023.06.08 15:57 12fundhedge Riverside County CCW Approval
| || |
Obligatory ccw approval post 😂 happy about it! Timeline Applied 4/15/23 Backgrounds Interview 5/15/23 CCW 8 hour course 5/19/23 Livescan 5/24/23 FBI 5/24/23 CA 5/25/23 Firearms 6/03/23 submitted by 12fundhedge to CAguns [link] [comments]
Less than a 2 month process! I encourage anyone living in riverside county to apply for it if you can. Pretty sure we have the quickest county in the state at least lol really happy our sheriff is pro self defense and pro gun! Definitely made the process easier than most in California if not all.
2023.06.08 15:51 neoengel I'm working on a project documentating the spectacular downfall of a fast food franchise. Their own records of what they did to me and others were used against them in proceedings to seize all assets.
So much of what the franchise administration and top management did ultimately was the cause of their demise, which also made front page news.
This is a bit long and reworked from a prior retelling - definitely a satisfying outcome to see abusive ownership/management get theirs. TLDR at bottom.
Over twenty years ago my life and plans that I had to stay in my hometown were drastically uprooted and found myself moved to another city. Pounding the pavement almost every day looking for work wasn't getting me any results and would from time to time find myself relaxing at a cheap diner and reading a complementary newspaper... and there it was a job opening for an assistant manager for an expanding well entrenched fast food franchise in town.
So I called and basically set up my own interview (one of many more omens I seemed to have missed) and tadaa got the job. About 4 or so months in I started seeing clues that I should have picked up on that this operation had some serious issues. That started when they had a custom built location created in the city's more desirable west end closer to the university and they made so many mistakes causing needless delays, to top it off the restaurant district manager was driving the small bobcat front loader while teenage new hires who have never experienced physical labour were laying grass sod, on the sidewalk. Not hiring capable crew for the work required was the least of the concerns that I managed to miss, overlook or otherwise dismiss... also note that the owner and his head office was based a 4 hour+ drive north and for all intents and purposes was an absentee to his own operation.
For a two year period, I personally witnessed the following;
- general manager (my boss) smoking in office and food prep area even after being told repeatedly to stop
- harassing phone calls to people from owner's assistant when health department visited the above location and cited the blatant health violations
- deep fryer catching fire and disciplining/terminating employees for calling fire department.
- the above mentioned owner's assistant at the up north head office writing up employees with disciplinary action for breaking non exisent company policy and making it visible to everyone before that person even saw it for a non existent policy. ... and then dismissing their actions as an oopsie even though this was yet another blatant law (privacy laws) violated by them.
- disciplinary action against hourly wage employees that don't attend unpaid meetings on their days off, this is also a blatant violation of our provincial law that I should have looked up, internet access wasn't something I had then as we all do now.
- that's just stuff off the top of my head that I personally experienced. Upper level managers were fired after stealing substantial amounts of money, at least one of whom who was vocal in his dismissal of my concerns of how bad things were - he was finally fired after he came in after hours and submitted multiple fraudulent refunds on the new debit machine. While I was a manager there, a long prolonged pattern emerged of multiple managers along with regular staff quitting suddenly and outright no-showing leading me and others to routinely do 16 hour shifts to cover absences - somehow we were lead to believe this was somehow normalized.
And there's more, so much more.
I kept doing my best and upper management still complained and told me I have all the tools I need to do things better, on the same day the deep fryer caught fire again. I want to call what they did gaslighting for how inadequate I was made to feel when also they kept ignoring my pleas for them to do things right including hire competent maintance services. Despite my best efforts, pleas and other attempts at pointing out serous problems with equipment and logistics, it was on deaf ears.
Another omen that I missed was that the locations in owner's town and base of operations got shut down, but hey he was a professor of business at the local university... more on that later.
The day came when served a paper saying I was the squeaky wheel, and I got greased - the wagon was rolling on without me. Initially it sucked, a day off to myself and I started feeling better and chatting with friends had them saying I should've said something earlier when I told them of the terrible things people experienced there and how much it violated so many laws. A week later I was working a better job with better people I kept in touch with, in a few months I'd leave that industry and that city behind as family needed my help at their home. I would also take solace in realizing it seemed I was the only manager that left who wasn't dealing drugs, stealing or carrying on other questionable acts.
Life went on and got much much better, even getting licensed in a trade that includes investigating employment violations, using my skills to prevent others having to experience what I endured and/or seek appropriate remedy has been very fulfilling.
Some years pass, and it's Halloween 2007, I find myself back for a friend's party in the city where those terrible franchises are run... or as I was to abruptly find out were run. Prized mall location, closed. West end location, abandoned. Original place I started, closed with pending construction nearby. Signs posted in windows are for a multinational holding company, mall staff say the location there is under renovations. I call bs, owner was adamant about running 24hour operations and wouldn't close down like this - and All of his franchise locations are shut down. After some discrete inquiries and getting as far as I'm willing at the time, I reach out to local newspaper with what I found and the contradictory information been thrown about from various sources. Along with the recent finds I share my documentation and experiences which makes both the reporter and I wonder how that franchise even lasted that long.
About two weeks later around mid November it's front page news about how corporate SEIZED all the assets and locations of the franchise owner in August 2007. The reason, many of the same problems I warned the franchise owner and his admin about! Their own files recording their misdeeds were also used against them in proceedings.
Assets seized totaled about $10 million.
To highlight even more of the shadiness of the owner and his operation, when legal notices were served, the owner told frightened workers it's a mistake and to ignore it and keep working... and then, shortly later, about 200 people were out of work and wondering about getting paid. From gathered files and reporting on civil proceedings, junior managers were shocked to open letters saying the business locations were being shut down, and the owner was trying to reassure otherwise. The owner filed an injunction against the asset seizures, but that was aborted - probably because their own records documenting how they conducted operations and treated (see mistreated, and worse) employees (re: prior examples listed above of wrongful/illegal punishments).
I sat back and laughed a bit. I felt horrible for the workers, but I was also told they were compensated by corporate as part of the proceedings. Later on I would go on to speak with another worker who told me that prior to the franchise getting shut down, the very same assistant of the owner who harassed and yelled and snapped at me and other employees broke even more laws. This so-called operations manager at head office was recorded threatening the worker and telling her to return to work when she was off on workers' compensation! For those unaware up here, that's a serious offense and pretty much on brand for how they ran their now terminated business. I'll admit to making an honest error or two while working for that franchise, but holy hell I'd never conjure committing blatant wrongs and unlawful acts like they did on the regular and with what they probably thought they could get away doing with impunity - it's safe to say that a pattern of dishonesty, abuse, and incompetence can have a high price tag as it did here.
A few years back a buddy I kept in touch with showed me the owner's LinkedIn account, instead of accepting responsibility for his involvement with the franchise time period cited in news article he fraudulently claimed to be involved in government consulting instead... account got suspended. Petty? Maybe... providing some well needed accuracy to LinkedIn? Definitely.
TLDR, I get hired by crappy restaurant franchise and somehow allow myself to join in their descent without realizing how terrible they are even after so many blatant labour, privacy, health and safety law violations. Get fired after speaking up countless times warning them about same stuff corporate would cite as reasons a few years later to seize all franchise assets totalling about $10 million from shady AF owner and have that make front page news.
An ongoing project continues onward going through records and talking to witnesses, unknown in what media format it will finally take, but the journey has certainly been an interesting advenure. Thank you for reading.
submitted by neoengel
to antiwork [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 15:48 HalibutSteve90 Major abuse of power: The State of Georgia lied on arrest warrants, claiming that the Department of Homeland Security designated an activist group as a domestic terror organization. The DHS did no such thing.
2023.06.08 15:37 AutoModerator Here's How To Watch [Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse] Free Online Streaming On Reddit?
02 sec ago, Universal Pictures! Here’s options for downloading or watching Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) streaming the full 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 online for free on 123𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s & Reddit including where to watch Universal Pictures’ 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 at home. Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023)available to stream? Is watching Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Disney Plus, HBO Max, Netflix or Amazon Prime? Yes we have found an authentic streaming option / service. Details on how you can watch Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) 3 for free throughout the year are described below. CLICK HERE TO WATCH Spider-Verse 2 (2023) CLICK HERE TO WATCH Spider-Verse 2 (2023)
Now Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) available to stream? Is watching Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Disney Plus, HBO Max, Netflix, or Amazon Prime? Yes, we have found an authentic streaming option/service. A 1950s housewife living with her husband in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company could be hiding disturbing secrets.
Showcase Cinema Warwick you'll want to make sure you're one of the first people to see it! So mark your calendars and get ready for a Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 experience like never before. of our other Marvel 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s available to watch online. We're sure you'll find something to your liking. Thanks for reading, and we'll see you soon! Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) is available on our website for free streaming. Details on how you can watch Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) for free throughout the year are described
If you're a fan of the comics, you won't want to miss this one! The storyline follows Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) as he tries to find his way home after being stranded on an alien Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023)t. Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) is definitely a Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 you don't want to miss with stunning visuals and an action-packed plot! Plus, Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) online streaming is available on our website. Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) online is free, which includes streaming options such as 123𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s, Reddit, or TV shows from HBO Max or Netflix!
Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) Release in the US
Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) hits theaters on January 14, 2022. Tickets to see the film at your local 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 theater are available online here. The film is being released in a wide release so you can watch it in person.
How to Watch Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) for Free?release on a platform that offers a free trial. Our readers to always pay for the content they wish to consume online and refrain from using illegal means.
Where to Watch Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023)?
There are currently no platforms that have the rights to Watch Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 Online.MAPPA has decided to The Kerala Story the 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 only in theaters because it has been a huge success.The studio , on the other hand, does not wish to divert revenue Streaming the 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 would only slash the profits, not increase them.
As a result, no streaming services are auThe Kerala Story (2022)ized to offer Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 for free. The film would, however, very definitely be acquired by services like Funimation , Netflix, and Crunchyroll. As a last consideration, which of these outlets will likely distribute the film worldwide?
Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Netflix?
The streaming giant has a massive catalog of television shows and 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s, but it does not include 'Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023).' We recommend our readers watch other dark fantasy films like 'The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf.'
Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll, along with Funimation, has acquired the rights to the film and will be responsible for its distribution in North America.Therefore, we recommend our readers to look for the 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 on the streamer in the coming months. subscribers can also watch dark fantasy shows like 'Jujutsu Kaisen.'
Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Hulu?
No, 'Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023)' is unavailable on Hulu. People who have a subscription to the platform can enjoy 'Afro Samurai Resurrection' or 'Ninja Scroll.'
Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime's current catalog does not include 'Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023).' However, the film may eventually release on the platform as video-on-demand in the coming months.fantasy 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s on Amazon Prime's official website. Viewers who are looking for something similar can watch the original show 'Dororo.'
When Will Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) Be on Disney+?
Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023), the latest installment in the Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) franchise, is coming to Disney+ on July 8th! This new 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 promises to be just as exciting as the previous ones, with plenty of action and adventure to keep viewers entertained. you're looking forward to watching it, you may be wondering when it will be available for your Disney+ subscription. Here's an answer to that question!
Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Funimation?
Crunchyroll, its official website may include the 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 in its catalog in the near future. Meanwhile, people who wish to watch something similar can stream 'Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒: Mugen Train.'
Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) Online In The US?
Most Viewed, Most Favorite, Top Rating, Top IMDb 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s online. Here we can download and watch 123𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s offline. 123𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s website is the best alternative to Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023)'s (2021) free online. We will recommend 123𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒s as the best Solar𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 alternative There are a
few ways to watch Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) online in the US You can use a streaming service such as Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video. You can also rent or buy the 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 on iTunes or Google Play. watch it on-demand or on a streaming app available on your TV or streaming device if you have cable.
What is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) About?
It features an ensemble cast that includes Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Wilde, Gemma Chan, KiKi Layne, Nick Kroll, and Chris Pine. In the film, a young wife living in a 2250s company town begins to believe there is a sinister secret being kept from her by the man who runs it.
What is the story of Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023)?
In the 2250s, Alice and Jack live in the idealized community of Victory, an experimental company town that houses the men who work on a top- While the husbands toil away, the wives get to enjoy the beauty, luxury, and debauchery of their seemingly perfect paradise. However, when cracks in her idyllic life begin to appear, exposing flashes of something sinister lurking below the surface, Alice can't help but question exactly what she's doing in Victory.
In ancient Kahndaq, Teth Adam bestowed the almighty powers of the gods. After using these powers for vengeance, he was imprisoned, becoming Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023). Nearly 5,000 years have passed, and Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) has gone from man to myth to legend. Now free, his unique form of justice, born out of rage, is challenged by modern-day heroes who form the Justice Society: Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher, and Cyclone.
Production companies : Warner Bros. Pictures.
At San Diego Comic-Con in July, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson had other people raising eyebrows when he said that his long-awaited superhero debut in Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) would be the beginning of “a new era” for the DC Extended Universe naturally followed: What did he mean? And what would that kind of reset mean for the remainder of DCEU's roster, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the rest of the Justice League, Suicide Squad, Shazam and so on.As
Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) neared theaters, though, Johnson clarified that statement in a recent sit-down with Yahoo Entertainment (watch above).
“I feel like this is our opportunity now to expand the DC Universe and what we have in Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023), which I think is really cool just as a fan, is we introduce five new superheroes to the world,” Johnson tells us. Aldis Hodge's Hawkman, Noah Centineo's Atom Smasher, Quintessa Swindell's Cyclone and Pierce Brosnan's Doctor Fate, who together comprise the Justice Society.) “One anti-hero.” (That would be DJ's Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023).)
“And what an opportunity. The Justice Society pre-dated the Justice League. So opportunity, expand out the universe, in my mind… all these characters interact. That's why you see in Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023), we acknowledge everyone: Batman , Superman , Wonder Woman, Flash, we acknowledge everybo****here's also some Easter eggs in there, too.So that's what I meant by the resetting. Maybe resetting' wasn't a good term.only
In addition to being Johnson's DC Universe debut, “Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023)” is also notable for marking the return of Henry Cavill's Superman. The cameo is likely to set up future showdowns between the two characters, but Hodge was completely unaware of it until he saw the film.
“They kept that all the way under wraps, and I didn't know until maybe a day or two before the premiere,” he recently said Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) (2022) FULL𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 ONLINE
Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) Available On Hulu?Viewers are saying that they want to view the new TV show Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) on Hulu. Unfortunately, this is not possible since Hulu currently does not offer any of the free ****odes of this series streaming at this time. the MTV channel, which you get by subscribing to cable or satellite TV services. You will not be able to watch it on Hulu or any other free streaming service.
Is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) Streaming on Disney Plus?
Unfortunately, Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) is not currently available to stream on Disney Plus and it's not expected that the film will release on Disney Plus until late December at the absolute earliest.
While Disney eventually releases its various studios' films on Disney Plus for subscribers to watch via its streaming platform, most major releases don't arrive on Disney Plus until at least 45-60 days after the film's theatrical release.
The sequel opened to $150 million internationally, which Disney reports is 4% ahead of the first film when comparing like for likes at current exchange rates. Overall, the global cume comes to $330 million. Can it become the year's third film to make it past $1 billion worldwide despite China and Russia, which made up around $124 million of the first film's $682 million international box office, being out of play? It may be tough, but it's not impossible. Legging out past $500 million is plausible on the domestic front (that would be a multiplier of at least 2.7), and another $500 million abroad would be a drop of around $58 million from the original after excluding the two MIA markets. It'd be another story if audiences didn't love the film,but the positive reception suggests that Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) will outperform the legs on this year's earlier MCU titles (Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder had multipliers of 2.2 and 2.3 respectively).
As for the rest of the box office, there's little to get excited about, with nothing else grossing above $10 million as Hollywood shied away from releasing anything significant not just this weekend but also over the previous two weekends. When Black Panther opened in 2018, there was no counterprogramming that opened the same weekend, but Peter Rabbit and Fifty Shades Freed were in their second weekends and took second and third with $17.5 million and $17.3 million respectively. That weekend had an overall cume of $287 million compared to $208 million this weekend Take away the $22 million gap between the two Black Panther films and there's still a $57 million gap between the two weekends. The difference may not feel that large when a mega blockbuster is propping up the grosses,but the contrast is harsher when the mid-level films are the entire box office as we saw in recent months.
Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023), which is the biggest grosser of the rough post-summer, pre-Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) season, came in second with just $8.6 million. Despite the blockbuster competition that arrived in its fourth weekend, the numbers didn't totally collapse, dropping 53 % for a cume of $151 million. Worldwide it is at $352 million, which isn't a great cume as the grosses start to wind down considering its $200 million budget. Still, it's the biggest of any film since Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023), though Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) will overtake it any day now.
Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) came in third place in its fourth weekend, down 29% with $6.1 million, emerging as one of the season's most durable grossers and one of the year's few bright spots when it comes to films for adults. The domestic cume is $56.5 million Fourth place went to Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile, which had a negligible drop of 5% for a $3.2 million sixth weekend and $40.8 million cume., in fact )
, which isn't surprising considering it's the only family film on the market, and it's Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023) to grossing four times its $11.4 million opening. Still, the $72.6 million worldwide cume is soft given the $50 million budget , though a number of international markets have yet to open.
Finishing up the top five is Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (2023), which had its biggest weekend drop yet, falling 42% for a $2.3 million seventh weekend. Of course, that's no reason to frown for the horror film, which has a domestic cume of $103 million and global cume of $ 210 million from a budget of just $20 million.
submitted by AutoModerator
to SpiderMansAcroshdfre [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 15:30 AutoNewspaperAdmin [Politics] - NYC Mayor Eric Adams sues 30 New York counties for refusing to house migrants FOX
2023.06.08 15:16 clearliquidclearjar TALLAHASSEE WEEKLY EVENTS, 6/8 – 6/14
Events are listed by the day. Events that happen every week appear first, one time stuff after that. If you have anything you’d like people to know about, comment here or message me and I’ll add it in. If you’d like further info about any of the events, look it up! I usually don’t have any extra to add. Large Scale, Ongoing, and Multi-Day Events Local Running, Walking, and Biking Info: https://troubleafoot.blogspot.com/ OutdooFarmer’s Markets:
- Lake Ella Grower's Market: Wednesday and Saturday, 11am-2pm. You can always find organic vendors, and foragers: The Holistic Cannabis Community, Artzi Farms, Hickory Nut Gifts, and others. Including Pita Queen! Farmer's Market Nutrition Program Coupons gladly accepted!
- Frenchtown Heritage Market: 524 N MLK Jr Blvd. Saturdays, 10am to 2pm. Come grow community and support your local farmers and makers, while you get your groceries for the week! Don’t forget! We match SNAP/EBT, so you DOUBLE your money to go towards locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables! If the guy with the pineapple is there, get it.
- Tallahassee Farmers Market: 2904 Kerry Forest Pkwy, Saturdays, 8am to Noon. Come see us at Tallahassee's longest-running farmers market! We are a year-round market, featuring local farms and vendors that provide the best seasonal produce, meats, baked goods, and more. We welcome you and your whole family (leashed pets included) to come out and meet your local farmers! Ample parking is available between our lot and the shopping center lot next door (by Red Elephant). Come early for the best selection.
- Tallahassee Downtown Market: Ponce de Leon Park, Saturdays, 10am-2pm. Join us for a stroll in the park among local makers, bakers, artists and farmers as live music is played by local musicians!
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Bingo. 6pm
- Dreamland BBQ: Weekly Open Blues Jam. If you'd like to sing, please bring your own mic. 6pm
- The Rose Room: Open Mic Night. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Solforge Fusion Sealed-Deck Tournament. Anyone interested in SolForge: Fusion, please come out! Thursday nights at 6:00pm to 9:00pm ish will be dedicated to SolForge Fusion gameplay and weekly tournaments. If you play or have played MTG but would like to spend less, this is a great alternative CCG with inexpensive entry and minimal purchases to enjoy playing competitively. In-store and online tournaments may be played with the same decks purchased at any store. SolForge was created by the same designer for MTG, Netrunner, and Key Forge, Richard Garfield, and the designer for Ascension, Justine Gary. 6pm/$35 Entry Fee for 4 Sealed Half-decks, Special Art Playmat Prize for 1st Place
- Oyster City Brewing Co: Open Mic Night! Join us on Thursdays from 6:30-9:30 PM for Open Mic Night hosted by the incredible Mike Ingram of The Brown Goose! This is your chance to show off your skills! Whether you're a musician, poet, comedian, or have a hidden talent, we can't wait to see what you bring to the stage. 6:30pm
- World of Beer: Trivia Night. 7pm
- The Bar at La Casa: Tallahassee Thursday Comedy. 7pm
- Lake Tribe III: Trivia. 7pm
- Smitty's Taphouse: Trivia Lab Thursdays. Teams of 6 or fewer players can compete for $30 / $20 / $10 Prizes + The Golden MacGuffin prize table! New format! Interactive smartphone answering for your comfort and safety! 6 Fun Rounds - 42 Total Questions. 7:30pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: Gamera: MST3K. Join us Thursday as we climb aboard The Satellite of Love along with Joel, Tom Servo and CROOOOW as the Gang riffs the 1965 kiju classic, GAMERA, who will devastate every city in Japan but maintains that he is a friend to all children...despite leaving them homeless and killing their parents. 8pm/free but donations encouraged
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Thursdays. There will be rotating music genres from local artists! 8pm/free/21+
- Poor Pauls: Trivia. 8/21+
- 926: Karaoke. 9pm
- La Casa: Comedy Night! 9pm
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Show. Join us for Experiment 002 and take a mind-bending trip into the sound of the future! Our electrifying music party will transport you to another dimension with cutting-edge beats and non-stop excitement. 9pm
- Bird’s: Karaoke with Nathan. 9pm
- Blue Tavern: Free Jazz Five Buck Thursday (and Jam Session) with the Longineu Parsons Trio. Expect the unexpected when the supertrio of Longineu Parsons, Brian Hall, and Michael Bakan hold court for Blue Tavern's exciting new Free Jazz Five Buck Thursday series (FJFBT). From Louis Armstrong classics to meditative musical dreamscapes, hard-driving funk grooves to wild Balkan beats, and free jazz adventures to the deepest downhome blues, Parsons-Bakan-Hall do it all--and they do it like no one else, whether here in Tallahassee or anywhere else on the planet. Oh, and don't forget to bring your instrument and sit in during the final 10:00 set open jam (space permitting). 8pm/$5
- Retrofit Records: King Krule “Space Heavy” Album Listening Event. 8pm
- The Bark: Closet Goth with No Face and Good Real Estate. 8pm
- 926: Jameson Tank with Learning To Swim and The Sparrows. 8:30pm
- Blue Tavern: Happy Hour with Everett Young. 5pm
- Hobbit West: Friday Night Dart Tournament. Anyone can Enter! Sign ups at 7:30, Darts fly at 8:00/$10 entry fee
- Ouzts Too: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 8pm
- The Bar at La Casa: Latin Night. 8pm
- Just One More: Karaoke with DJ Rah. 9pm-11pm/21+
- 926: The Hot Friday Night Party and Drag Show. 9pm/$5/18+
SATURDAY, 6/10 It’s my birthday! Happy birthday to me.
- Proof: The Allie Cats. 5pm
- Peppers: Saylor Dollar. 6pm
- The Red Shed: Walkers Crossing. 6pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Ben Baggett. 6pm
- Lake Tribe: John Moore. 6:30pm
- The Wine House on Markey Street: Little Mercies. 7pm
- Ruby Diamond: Second Annual Screen Spectacular featuring original film scores from student films and arrangements of music from film, TV, and video games performed by the FSU Studio Orchestra. 7:30pm
- Fire Bettys: Jupiter Troupe + Soul Candy - Free Show! 8pm
- The Bark: BRAT! with support from Brass Wizard, Slug Crust, Nightfall Ends, and Subpotent. 8:30pm
- Brinkley Glen Park: Invasive Plant Removal. Join Master Gardener Volunteers at this weekly invasive plant removal event. This is a great way to learn to ID our invasive plant species and how to remove them. We recommend wearing long pants and sleeves, closed-toed shoes, gloves, a hat and mosquito spray. Bring gardening tools such as hand clippers, loppers, trowels, etc. if you have them. We are removing coral ardisia bushes and berries, nandina, tung trees, Tradescantia flumenensis, cat's claw vine, winged yam, Japanese climbing fern, skunkvine and more. Directions: The best way to get there is to take Meridian Rd to Waverly Rd, go to the next intersection and turn left onto Abbotsford Way, then turn left at the next road called Woodside Dr. At the stop sign turn left onto Lothian. Lothian ends in a cul-de-sac and there is a sign that says Brinkley Glen Park. 8:30am-11:30am
- The Rose Room: The Rose Revue. Performances by your favorite entertainers and special guests! Shows at 8pm, 10pm, & Midnight! A unique cast EACH show! 7pm
- Duke’s and Dottie’s: Line Dancing Plus Lessons. 7pm/21+
- Bird’s Oyster Shack: Laughterday Night Fever. This week: Five Year Anniversary Laughterday Night Fever! Join us every Saturday at Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack for a free comedy show! 8:30pm
- La Casa Bar: Karaoke With Nathan. 9pm-1am
- The Bark: Sickening Saturday Drag Show. 10:30/$10/18+
- Woodville Branch of the Leon County Public Library: 2nd Saturday: History Under the Sea. Florida’s long coastline and crystal blue waters make for excellent diving experiences! The wonders of the sea have called many people to explore the depths! Come learn about diving practices through the years. Kids will go on a ‘dive’ of their own and discover the wonders of Florida’s waters! 11am
- Adams Street: Adams St Flea. Browse our market full of locally hand-made items, art, and vintage finds, all set to the vibes of our house DJ on Adams St. Make an afternoon of your trip by visiting the restaurants and shops in the heart of our Capital City. Noon
- Blue Tavern: 2nd & 4th Saturday Old Time Jam. All players & lovers of old-time Appalachian music are welcome to join! 4pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Zach Lambert. 5pm
- The Rose Room: Grand RE Opening (Now in RR Sq). Welcome to our Rose Room... Come see how much we bloomed! WE have so much to show you... The Rose Review will leave you begging for more... with 2 amazing shows @9 and 11 followed by our very own burlesque troop @midnight ... This is a themed night Pride month so come out and support these AMAZING performers and show so Love... 6pm/$10
- 926: Mason Pace, Cinema Stereo, Satin, Copyright Claim, and The Fetish. 7pm
- Blue Tavern: Pat Puckett. 8pm/$5
- House of Music: Selwyn Birchwood. 8pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: Pride Burlesque Show. Shaken Not Stirred Burlesque is back at your fav local theater Cap City Video Lounge! We have an amazing show planned for Pride month! We're here, we're queer, & we're gonna make you cheer! Enjoy our queer cuties, exquisite enbys, & bi-babes! You don't want to miss our Pride Burlesque Revue! Pride looks/outfits welcome & encouraged! Don't forget to tip your performers! 8pm/18+/masks required/$10 General Admission, $20 VIP Admission: Front row seating, $35 Celebration Special: Ticket & a personalized song from Shaken Not Stirred Burlesque!
- Fire Bettys: Live Band Karaoke. 8pm/free
- SoLook Tally (434 FAMU Way): Submersive Sounds Hip-Hop Showcase featuring Nu Skinny, Trem Sol, Ro-Thoro, Tokyo.Extraordinaire, Da Beast, and DJ Ryan Chargers. 9pm
- Common Ground Books: June CGB Movie Night: Paris is Burning. 9pm
- Bicycle House: Sunday Ride. Ride at 10:30 AM from Bicycle House. We will ride the Cascades trail to the St Marks trail and down to Wakulla station and return, about 31 miles. Ride speed is 12 to 14 mph, with periodic regroups. Vernon Bailey is the ride leader. Vernon is a new CCC member who’s been biking for 50 years enjoys riding with small groups and weekend touring. 10am
- Gamescape: Pokémon League. Come learn, play, and trade with the Pokémon Trading Card Game and the Pokémon video games! We LOVE seeing new players, so come learn how to play! We play both the Trading Card Game and the Video Game casually and competitively. The store offers lots of different seating arrangements to meet our group's needs, as well as food, drinks, and Pokémon products for purchase. We are also hold regular, officially sanctioned tournaments for Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Competitions! 2-4pm
- Lake Tribe: Colby Scheib. 3pm
- House of Music: Songwriter Sunday. Songwriters of Tallahassee hosted by Rachel Hillman. Bring your original songs on Sunday - sign up is at 4:30. No Cover Songs please - this is an event celebrating original music. Accompanists and Bands Welcome - you must be able to set up within two minutes, so no crazy pedals or amp shenanigans. No Backing Tracks - Please find someone to play your song with you. 5pm
- The Plant: Open Jam. All instruments, all players welcome. 5pm-9pm
- House of Music: Perkins Street Pickers. 5pm
- Oyster City Brewing: Comedy Night. Come have some laughs with us on Sunday nights! If you are interested in participating in the show, reach out to [email protected] 7:30pm
- The Rose Room: Synful Sunday. 8pm
- Ology: Marauder’s Market. Noon
- Goodwood: Tomato Feastival 2023. Join us for our 2023 Tomato Feastival on Sunday, June 11 from 2-6 p.m. at Goodwood Museum & Gardens! Enjoy great food, live music, meeting our farmers, playing games, and of course, local tomatoes. 2pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Dominic Milner. BK’s SnowKone Factory is also here from 1-4 pm that day with their great selection of snow cone flavors and Dippin' Dots ice cream. The ice cream of the future of yesteryear! 3pm
- Just One More: Bingo. 5pm-6:30pm
- World of Beer: Corn Hole Night. 6pm
- American Legion Hall: Cha Cha - Weekly Lessons. 6:15pm/$5
- Hangar 38: Bingo. 6:45pm
- Vino Beano: Tipsy Trivia. 7pm
- The Rose Room: Karaoke Night. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Shanice Richards Happy Hour! 5pm
- World of Beer: Poker Night. 6pm
- The Rose Room: Drag Bingo and Open Stage Night ft. Britney T. Foxx! 6pm
- Oyster City Brewing Company: Tuesday Night Beer-go! 6pm
- The Rose Room: Queer Dinner and a Movie! 6pm
- Crafty Crab: BOOMIN' Karaoke. 7pm
- Gamescape: Hobby Night. Slay the grey together! Join your fellow gamers and turn your pile of grey miniatures into a battle ready army. Need some painting tips? Feel free to ask at hobby night. You can bring any miniature for any game to paint. 7pm
- Ology Midtown: Jazz Jam Sessions. 7pm
- Island Wings: Trivia. 7pm
- House of Music: Tuesday Trivia & Karaoke. 7pm
- Burrito Boarder: Karaoke with DJ Roldus. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Bluesday Tuesday with Bill Ricci. Every Tuesday is Blues Day @ the Blue Tavern and Blues Meets Girl is a Tallahassee favorite. This perfect, intimate venue provides just what you need for both a mid-week break and authentic blues music experience. 8pm/$5
- 4th Quarter: Professor Jim's Tuesday Night Trivia. Popular for a reason! 8pm
- Argonaut Coffee: Trivia Tuesday. 8pm
- 926: Tacos and Trivia. 9pm
- Fire Betty’s: Comedy Show. 9pm/21+
- Cap City Video Lounge: Tallahassee Filmmaker Meeting. Join us at Cap City Video Lounge to pitch and discuss coming film ideas and video projects, both currently in production or in the pre-production stages! Please bring your work and ideas via links, thumb drives, or discs so that we can showcase it on the big screen in the Cap City Video Lounge's Fantomas Theatre! (Trailers and Shorts only, please!) No experience is necessary to join, but a small $5 admission fee will go towards our wonderful meeting location to continue supporting the passion of movie making in the local community! Please invite local actors, crew members, and film enthusiasts to join us on Tuesday, June 13th! We will be returning to an itinerary for our meetings starting in July that will help amp you guys up for the next 48 hour competition in November! Tickets for the 48 Hour Film Festival Premiere from this past month are available for purchase in person or over the phone! Hope to see you there! 7:30pm
- Rose Room: Women's Wednesday. Featuring Our Rose Roulettes and drink specials all night long. A night for all of our female-identifying friends to enjoy a safe space and an awesome happy hour! 6pm-2am
- Blue Tavern: The Wednesday Night Lab Session. 5pm
- Sugar and Spice Tally: Game Night. Join us every Wednesday Night for community game night. Bring your own or use ours! Let me know if you need to reserve space for a large group. Free to attend! 5pm
- Tara Angel’s Magic: D&D Experience - Adult (18+) Group. Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition - Candlekeep Mysteries. A one-shot is a D&D event that starts and finishes in the same session, typically lasting 3 - 4 hours. We have pre-generated characters for players to choose from. WHAT TO BRING: Pencils, Dice (can be purchased in store), Mask (encouraged for unvaccinated participants), Enthusiasm! Please sign up in advance to reserve a spot in this campaign. Tickets can be purchased in-store, over the phone, or on the website. For more information, please email [email protected], or call: (850) 878-4555 6pm-9pm
- Goodwood: Wonderful Wednesday. 6pm/$5
- Level 8 Rooftop Lounge: Trivia. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Open Game Night. 6pm/free
- American Legion Hall: Sue Boyd Country Western and More Dance Class. Session 2 - Beginner 6:30 to 7:45 pm What: East Coast Swing and Waltz. Cost: $8.00 per person. Wear comfortable shoes you can turn in. 7:45 to 8:15 - Practice dance with paid admission. 8:15 to 9:30: Intermediate - 2 Step and WCS. $8.00 per person or $13.00 for both classes. Vaccines are required. Face masks are optional. Changing partners is optional. 6:30pm
- Perry Lynn’s Smokehouse in Quincy: Wed Night Open Mic w/ Steven Ritter and Friends. 6:30pm
- Hangar 38: Trivia. 6:45pm
- Oyster City Brewing Tallahassee: Trivia. Teams up to 6 players for three rounds with 10 questions and a tie breaker each round. Winners are by round so don’t worry if you need to come late or can’t stay the whole time! Prizes include a round of beer, a 6 pack and a gift card! 7pm
- Proof: Trivia. 7pm
- Vino Beano: Wine Bingo. 7pm
- Fermentation Lounge: Trivia. 7pm
- Blue Tavern: Wednesday Open Mic with Doc Russell. The open mic night that has run continuously for almost 20 years, once housed at the Warehouse, lives on at the Blue Tavern. Doc Russell continues as the host with the most. Sign up starts at 7:45pm/free to attend
- House of Music: Bar Bingo! Free to Play & Late Night Karaoke. 7pm
- The Bar at La Casa: MidWeek KARAOKE! 7pm
- Fire Betty’s: Karaoke! 8pm/21+/free
- Dukes and Dotties: College Night and Line Dancing Lessons. 8pm
- The Bark: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 9pm
- World of Beer: Karaoke with DJ Cowboy. 9pm
- 926: Dragged Out Wednesday. 10pm
- 926: Normalizing Hate: A Difficult Discussion on LGBTQ+ Rights in Florida. Gay-owned Junnier Law & Research P.A. is presenting "A Law & Your Rights Hour" discussion on "Normalizing Hatred: An Uncomfortable Discussion About LGBTQ+ Rights in Florida" at 926 Bar & Grill to talk about the government clawback of LGBTQ+ rights in Florida. We will informally discuss LGBTQ+ current events and how they affect our identity as a group and as individuals. Talk leads to anger, anger leads to planning, planning leads to action--Let's turn Anger into Action! 7pm
- Square Mug: Ahleuchatistas (feat. Trevor Dunn of Mr. Bungle/Fantômas) with Frogs Dogs and Cowl. 7pm
submitted by clearliquidclearjar
to Tallahassee [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 15:13 Particular-Nowhere84 My two coworkers could have very well put us all at risk by engaging with a client that should have been ignored.
It started with one of my coworkers texting a client to sell a policy (insurance). He told her it wasn’t a good time and to contact later. She proceeded to text him his quoted price saying “we need to get this done as soon as possible.” She shouldn’t have done that, it looked very pushy and disrespectful of his request to talk at a better time. I don’t blame him for being irritated at that.
BUT, it does not excuse what happened after that. He started flooding our text app, insulting her directly. He kept asking questions, she’d answer him, then he got mad that she kept texting. Even though he was the one asking questions. He proceeded to insult her, ask more questions, and get mad she answered. It got very weird. His insults/questions came in droves, bordering on harassment. That’s when my other coworker stepped in and offered for him to come into the office.
Excuse me but, WHAT? This guy is clearly off his rocker. They both should have ignored him after the first insulting text, but they kept engaging with him. Which was stupid and unprofessional in my opinion. Now they’ve invited him into our office, and frankly, I don’t feel comfortable with it. I’ve read more than one story of pissed of clients going on violent rampages. A plumber was recently unalived by a disgruntled client, as well as a guy working at a veterinary office. Why in the name of all that is holy would you keep engaging with this person, then go and invite them in?!? Not assuming he’ll go that far. Odds are, he won’t. But, at the very least, he’s clearly not someone we need to be letting in here.
Want to know their reason? “We need sales.” Oh, so sales are so important that you’re going to possibly risk our safety over it?? I’m done with you two. When this guy comes in, I may find a way to not be here. He’s all yours to deal with, since you all were so adamant about engaging with someone you clearly should not have. And for a sale nonetheless…
submitted by Particular-Nowhere84
to coworkerstories [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 15:00 AutoNewsAdmin [Politics] - NYC Mayor Eric Adams sues 30 New York counties for refusing to house migrants
2023.06.08 14:35 Substantial_Post_ Marshall Fire’s cause to be discussed at 10am press conference
Boulder County’s sheriff and district attorney on Thursday will announce the findings of their investigation into the origin of the deadly Marshall fire in late 2021.
A news conference is scheduled for 10 a.m. at the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office, but no hint of what will be announced has been given. A media advisory says Sheriff Curtis Johnson and District Attorney Michael Dougherty will speak on “the investigative outcome into the cause and origin of the 2021 Marshall fire.”
The Dec. 30, 2021, wildfire was the most costly in Colorado history, destroying more than $2 billion in property. Two people died in the fire, and more than 1,000 homes and businesses were destroyed in Superior, Louisville and unincorporated Boulder County. The fire burned across 6,000 acres as it was fueled by hurricane-force winds and dry grass and brush.
Since the fire’s start, speculation around the cause has wavered between multiple theories. It is believed to have started near the intersection of Marshall Road and Colorado 93.
On the day of the fire, then-Sheriff Joe Pelle said it might have been caused by power lines blown down by the high winds. He reversed course the next day and said there was no evidence that power lines had sparked the wildfire. Instead, Xcel Energy told authorities its inspections found compromised communication lines that may have been misidentified as power lines.
In April 2022, however, two businesses and an anonymous couple filed a lawsuit that claims Xcel Energy’s power lines did cause the Marshall fire. The lawsuit accuses the power company of failing to maintain and monitor its lines. Xcel asked a judge to dismiss the lawsuit, but he ruled that it could move forward.
submitted by Substantial_Post_
to boulder [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 14:18 Poopyshitfart69420 Probation officer wants me to meet her at the Sheriffs office
I just got out of jail a few weeks ago and I’m on probation in Georgia (5yrs) although I do not live in that state. I’ve had applications in the process to get my probation transferred to a different state but I’ve had problems with homelessness. I’ve called my po multiple times giving her different addresses that I’ll be living at bc I’ve been trying to find a stable home and none of them have been working out. It’s hard when you first get out of jail and have nothing/nobody. I tried to give her another change of address but she told me to meet her today at 12 or she’ll issue a warrant. Any advice? I didn’t break any laws or catch new charges to violate. It’s literally just a fucked up situation. I’ve got a permanent address now but she says that she is not going to do another application to switch it to another state again. What do I do? I don’t even have a ride to Georgia to meet her by 12
submitted by Poopyshitfart69420
to probation [link] [comments]