Los angeles ballet shows
2013.10.01 02:19 supergood LA_EDM
2015.07.06 11:09 atdifan17 Stuff in Socal
/SoCalEvents is a place for events, gatherings, hangouts and just all around things to do in Southern California From Jazz to Grunge, from San Diego to San Fernando Valley. All things music, all things art, all things to do in the greatest place in the world to do things
2022.03.21 00:41 Ambitious-Parking-33 BadBoysZeus
The community for Zeus Network's new shows "Bad Boys: Los Angeles" and “Bad Boys: Texas” *Not affiliated with Zeus Network*
2023.06.08 20:52 MORBONO Chinaco Negra Extra Añejo
Hi hi. I know, this is a holy grail for many - and seemingly tough to track down at the moment - but I'm looking specifically for this as a gift for a client. I live in Los Angeles and have been keeping an eye out over the last few months, but haven't stumbled upon it. Any advice of sellers warmly appreciated. Thanks!
submitted by MORBONO
to tequila [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:51 westnotwest What’s happening tonight?
2023.06.08 20:50 lapiloco KCON LA: CJ ENM America Teams with iHeartMedia Los Angeles for 2023 K-Pop Fan Convention and Concerts
2023.06.08 20:49 jimbroslice_562 My 2 week fly fishing adventure at the end of the month. Looking for any recommendations!
| || |
Hey! So I’m doing a big summer road trip with the fly rods. submitted by jimbroslice_562 to flyfishing [link] [comments]
Pushing from CA to Steamboat Springs quickly, maybe taking one stop. I have a buddy that lives there. So we have the fishing handled.
Looking for recommendations as to somewhere to stop/camp between steamboat and Jackson hole that I can do some evening/morning fishing before headed up into Jackson.
While I’m jackson, I’ll be mostly hanging out with friends from college. So probably not fishing.
Once to SLC I’m planning on hitting little cottonwood canyon, but any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Then back though Tahoe on my way back to California!
2023.06.08 20:46 ntrlbrnldr Training
Anyone in the Los Angeles area willing to help me drop weight and train? In the meantime, I just gotta study for the asvab. I have 24 Hour Fitness membership with two additional guest passes anytime.
submitted by ntrlbrnldr
to AirForceRecruits [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:44 KrecikBeast Is USA a bad place to live right now?
Hello im simple european guy
When i was a children i was dreaming that in my 20s im gonna move to USA and start my american dream on some big city suburbs. Right now as 24 yo person my mind changed almost 180 degrees.
I want to mark that i have never been to USA and all the facts i saw on internet, so if im saying something wrong please correct me.
So first of all iv seen hundrends of videos with people looting markets like walmart, homeless people with syringe next to the body - here example https://twitter.com/OffCyndisc/status/1664127636866580480
Im not gonna discuss gun law problems cuz i know its whole another story and different perspective from different point of views.
I also wanna ask about how your system works (i saw yt video about it and i dont know if its true). So in Europe obviously each country have own taxes law but for example:
- u get 1000$ salary per month (just an example)
10% goes for pension contribution
10% goes for health care
10% goes for kids
10% goes for other stuffs
in total u actually get not 1000$ but 600$.
but system later works
when u r old u get pension
when u r sick u go to hospital they heal you
when u get newborn child government pays you
country develops together with you cuz of your taxes.
and i hear lots of stories that in usa you go with serious problem to hospital (with insurance) however this problem wasnt covered by your insurance and later u have to pay 20k$ for your healing - is it true or myth?
i also heard that when u hit the bottom (gets unemployed) u end up fast on the streets as homeless. Later government doesnt care about you, also: is it true?
I want to mark one more time: im not hating, im not judging, im just asking. Can you tell me how sitatuon actually looks like? (not in social media). I would love to visit USA in a future, especially to see your diverse nature. Your country its so huge that it have almost everything: mountains, deserts, amazing landscapes etc. Also from popculture pov: iconic cities (New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami etc.)
submitted by KrecikBeast
to usa [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:44 PomeloOk504 Rumor is she contracted it at a screening of Sorcerer
2023.06.08 20:42 Tmoretea HELP
2023.06.08 20:40 WaltzBeneficial3029 Help Stella return home.
2023.06.08 20:38 liverichly Sunday Sessions LA x 60 Waves (Vinyl only) under the 6th St bridge - Sun June 11
2023.06.08 20:37 Turtle_junki Articles on website are gone..
| || |
As of right now the website still works, but I haven’t been on since Saturday and today, I noticed the articles are gone. I hate how much we heart it is changing. I begged them on the App Store reviews not to change the website, but I guess it is going to change as well eventually if now articles are gone. I still have my profile and any articles i hearted recently but I feel it’s not too long that it’ll just be “this post is unavailable” or “this was removed by creator” . I really loved writing articles and reading everyone else’s. I really loved the article playlists :( I’m so sad. submitted by Turtle_junki to WeHeartItApp [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:36 rthomas10 ATT data plan on a princess cruise
Going to hawaii from Los Angeles with inlaws for 16 days and rather than the internet plan I was thinking about getting the att talk, text, data (1gb) plan for 100 dollars and 10 dollars per gb over. has anyone ever used this? ATT said to enable roaming so I gather it's like a international roaming plan? To save data did you just come out of airplane mode when you wanted to check texts and make calls and such or did you leave it in regular roaming mode for the entire trip? I can imagine the later eating a lot of data with background processes and such. Anyone with knowledge or experience with this plan?
submitted by rthomas10
to Cruise [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:35 polynomials Solar Cycle Complete
Hoo boy! That was long - I mean, loooooong - but well worth it.
I am kind of stunned more people have not read or even heard of this series. The Solar Cycle has to be one of the greatest works not just of sci-fi, but of all English literature, in scale and scope, the richness of the characters and the settings, the craft, creativity, and cleverness of the storytelling, the density, profundity, and wisdom of its ideas and their exploration. Yet even my most hardcore sci-fi fan friends never heard of this! I myself only discovered it because I had notion to write a story which turned out to be loosely similar in premise to BotNS, and exploring that idea is how I stumbled upon it the Wikipedia page.
What the story is about
To me this story is overall about how man strives to be better than his own nature allows - but always fails without the help of powers greater than himself. Call it divine or supernatural or merely beyond man's limited understanding but that's what the heroes of each story are calling upon to do more for people, and make them more and better than what they are. That's what the hierodules were trying to do in testing the Autarch and looking for the one to become the New Sun. It was what Silk tried to do as Calde but failed, it was what the people of Blue and Green knew they needed when they sought out Silk's semi-divine leadership.
We even saw a lesser, analogous form of it in the inhumi as they try to transcend their parasitic animal nature. They try to emulate us, but always fall short as when Jahlee gets herself killed by succumbing to the temptation to drink Nettle's blood. Its only when they get help from higher beings like Incanto and the Neighbors and psychically project that they can be what they hope to be. The inhumi are to us as we are to the angels, or as we are to the hierodules.
Knowing that Gene Wolfe was a devout Catholic, and I a Christian myself, this had a lot of meaning to me. Silk/Horn sees the inhumi much as God must see us. Inherently flawed who keep using their minds and spirits to do evil, but whom he nevertheless loves as his children, and he hopes by showing to love to them that they can be better and more like him, though it is impossible for them to really do so. Because Silk/Horn himself is only human, that is why he reaches his limit and kills Jahlee when she goes too far, but God's love is infinite, so maybe we will have a better time of it.
The Two Commandments
And so I better understand why when Severian becomes Autarch, he abolishes the torturer's guild, which I didn't really get at the time I read it. In Sword of the Lictor, he gives a long and unexpectedly defensive justification of the guild and its role in society, all of which made sense to me as I read it. And yet as one of his first acts Autarch, he abolishes it. Why? Because as the New Sun - a Christ-like figure - he knows that people will continue to do evil to each other forever if someone does not break the cycle and decide to show love and mercy, even and especially when it is not deserved. That is what Jesus taught! Not to mention, it was showing mercy at risk to his own life that began Severian on his journey!
And it is what Silk/Horn tried to do with the inhumi, what he tried to teach others. Ie, Love thy neighbor as thyself, and do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Or as Silk/Horn says: "Do you imagine you can be cruel without teaching others to be cruel to you? You glory in your cruelty, because you believe it shows you are master of your victim. You are not even your own."
Profoundly enough, the inhumi show us a rather literal exemplification of these rules. The Neighbors (get it? love thy neighbor!) as much as tells Silk/Horn these things when they say to him that if humans knew the truth about the inhumi, there would be no need to fear them. Which turns out to be, if humans loved their neighbors as themselves and followed the Golden Rule, the inhumi would be no threat to them. It would literally destroy the inherent evil within them, if humans could destroy the evil within themselves. But we have seen time and again that humans can't do this without divine help.
For this reason, this must have motivated the Neighbors to leave their planets, and now I think not just leave but in some way achieve a higher form, and become something like the Heirodules of New Sun. Clearly they are on the lookout for extraordinary beings like Silk/Horn (or Taal?) who might guide their people to transcend their own nature. The Neighbors are probably not merely projecting themselves to their old planets from somewhere else but no longer have a permanent corporeal form at all, I'd guess.
I also thought it was brilliant to have Hoof be the final narrator to give the matter of fact, no nonsense wrapping up of loose ends. After all the mystery and puzzle and obscurity of the preceding 12 volumes it was nice to have somebody just give it to us straight.
If I had to criticize, I would say the following. Sometimes Wolfe is a little too coy and too obscure with things, in New Sun it felt a bit self-indulgent at times. Much of the New Sun series I simply had no idea what was going on or what Wolfe was trying to get at. It was interesting to see his evolution as an author from New Sun to Long Sun, where the story is much more accessible and, frankly, human. Wolfe also has a tendency to have characters engage in extended conversations describing things we didn’t see directly, or teasing reveals endlessly. Just spit it out already! He also has a tendency to have characters wandering around not doing much for too many chapters (Auk and Chenille in the tunnels, omg).
After thinking about it overnight I'm not convinced that Blue and Green are Urth and some other planet in our system. The gravity differences would be impossible to ignore, it doesn't explain as much as I'd thought, and also the "It was Earth all along" trope is just less satisfying. The story is more interesting and profound if we are exploring beyond Earth?
- I still don't quite understand how Quetzal got onto the Whorl years before the Exodus. I understand the Neighbors put some inhumi there on the ship to see what these humans were all about - but how exactly did that happen? It seems to me that landers must have left for Blue and Green long before Long Sun begins. Is there anything we see on Blue or Green that suggests human settlements older than those founded by those leaving during Long Sun?
- Why is there an undine, Mother, on Blue? Did they stow away somehow on the Whorl, or are their devotees of Abaia and Erebus and Scylla on many planets? Is it just a sign that the evils of humanity have followed them to new worlds? And I still don't get what the deal is with Seawrack. Who is she supposed to be?
- Are the witches of the witches guild inhuma who are somehow projecting to Urth? One of the Red Sun Whorl episodes suggests that Merryn of the witches guild has some qualities similar to inhumi. ("Merryn had trouble with animals too") Or at least that the witches are in some way not entirely human. We also know that the Cumaean was a cacogen.
- I don't get the deal with the godlings or why they appeared - are they working for the Whorl gods trying to get people to worship them again? Are they something the Crew is creating to keep the population stable for their next move to another system? So maybe the Whorl was always intended to roam the universe and not just stop at the Blue/Green system?
- Is there any sign/foreshadowing that Severian encounters Silk/Horn in the New Sun books, or that some inhumi are permanently projected there? Jehangu makes a sword similar to Terminus Est when infiltrating the guild - is he maybe still there? Or perhaps any other foreshadowing that some Short Sun Whorls beings appear in Severian’s time on Urth?
- Why did Sinew and Horn fight against each other on Green? Was it because Sinew learned who Krait really was?
- Why did Silk/Horn say he felt sorry for Beroep after discussing with Hoof his dream about Scylla?
- Oreb was possessed by Scylla before Silk/Horn returned to Blue. Was Oreb possessed by any other being in the beginning of Long Sun, when Silk first attempted to sacrifice him? Does this explain why he is so intelligent and his psychic projection appears semi-human? Did we actually see what tipped off Silk/Horn that Scylla possessed Oreb?
I'm sure I'll have to read through again to answer many of these questions, which I usually never do but I am certain I will with these.
submitted by polynomials
to genewolfe [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:32 PhilMan11 Dunia Elvir Telemundo52 Los Angeles
2023.06.08 20:31 generalpao Things to do in Houston this weekend - June 8th - 11th
Enjoy your weekend Houston! If you find value in these posts please sign up for my email list. I send the list out on Thursday by email and every new signup is appreciated.
THURSDAY- JUNE 8th 🌦 boygenius @ White Oak Music Hall @ 6PM MYOA @ Warehouse Live @ 8PM Junior Brown @ The Heights Theater @ 8PM
FRIDAY- JUNE 9th 🌦 SaberCats vs Old Glory DC @ SaberCats Stadium @ 8PM Max Roach Documentary Screening @ MFAH @ 7PM
This new documentary is a profound and expansive portrait of legendary jazz drummer, composer, bandleader, and activist Max Roach. Mixers & Elixirs @ HMNS @ 7PM
Make friends with like-minded brainiacs on this special event where science meets dancing, music, food, and drinks! Contemporary Dance Performance @ Miller Outdoor Theatre @ 8:30PM
‘Restore’ dance performance features new signature works by the nationally acclaimed Houston Contemporary Dance Company. Duran Duran @ Woodlands Pavilion @ 7PM
*With Nile Rodgers & Chic + Bastille Inlovingmemory @ Bayou Music Center @ 8PM
*With Bones, Xavier Wulf, Eddy Baker Muscadine Bloodline @ House of Blues @ 7PM Gimme Gimme Disco @ White Oak Music Hall @ 9PM Luci @ Stereo Live @ 10PM Otep @ Warehouse Live @ 8PM
SATURDAY- JUNE 10th 🌦 Dynamo vs LAFC @ Shell Energy Stadium @ 7:30PM Art Beyond Sight @ MFAH @ 11AM
Trained educators use verbal description and hands-on materials to engage bling or partially sighted visitors with museum art. ‘The Cool World’ Screening @ MFAH @ 7PM
This landmark film directed by Shirley Clarke reflects the harsh realities of Harlem street life through the story of 15-year-old Duke and his gang. Dance & Movement Workshop @ DeLUXE Theater @ 10AM
Join artist Donna Crump for a community dance and movement workshop at the historic DeLUXE Theater. Ongoing - Saturday Stargazing @ George Observatory in Needville Ongoing - Arte en el Parque / Art in the Park @ Discovery Green @ 12PM
Students, ages 3 to 12 will create a unique art piece while improving their speaking and listening skills en español! Summer Neighborhood Concert @ Austin High School @ 7:30PM
Join your friends, family, and community members for a FREE evening of family fun and music performed by the Houston Symphony. DJ Sun & Aperio @ Miller Outdoor Theatre @ 8:30PM
Enjoy a warm summer evening of Lo-Fi jams by Aperio and live orchestral performance of DJ Sun’s soulful ‘Loveletter.’ Mika Singh - Bollywood @ NRG Arena @ 8PM Koe Wetzel @ Woodlands Pavilion @ 7PM
*With Huser Brothers Mariachi Vargas De Tecalitlán @ Bayou Music Center @ 8PM The Tontons @ The Heights Theater @ 8PM An Orchestra Rendition of Dr. Dre 2001 @ House of Blues @ 8PM
*Presented by Alternative Symphony Modestep @ Stereo Live @ 10PM
SUNDAY - JUNE 11th 🌞 Dash vs NJ/NY Gotham FC @ Shell Energy Stadium @ 6PM Bilingual Zumba @ MFAH @ 11AM
FiTMiX instructors get you up and moving with a free zumba class. 'Dancing the Twist in Bamako' Screening @ MFAH @ 5PM
This is a romantic story set against the backdrop of post-colonial Mali in 1960s on the cusp of dramatic political change. Becky Robinson Comedy Show @ House of Blues @ 8PM Weston Estate @ Warehouse Live @ 8PM DJ Pauly D @ Clé Pool @ 2PM
All weekend SATURDAY & SUNDAY - The Texas Tenors @ The Grand Opera House @ 8PM / 3PM
The Texas Tenors are the most successful music group and third highest selling artist in the history of America’s Got Talent! All weekend - Arnez J Stand Up @ Houston Improv All weekend - ‘Servan of Two Masters’ Play @ Hubbard Theatre
Presented by Alley Theatre, this new adaptation of the classic Carlo Goldoni comedic masterpiece will have you laughing like nothing else! All weekend - ‘Swan Lake’ Ballet @ Brown Theater
Houston Ballet’s season comes to an end with one of ballet world’s greatest love stories, ‘Swan Lake.’ All weekend - 'Wicked' Musical @ The Hobby Center
A Broadway sensation, this musical looks at what happened in the Land of Oz…but from a different angle.
Ongoing Ongoing - Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces Exhibition @ MFAH
NEW - See outstanding works by art stars including Cezanne, Degas, Gauguin, Van Gogh, Manet, and Modigliani presented within the context of their experiences. Ongoing - 'Where Do We Go From here' Exhibition @ CAMH
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston’s (CAMH) Teen Council presents their 13th biennial exhibition featuring work from Houston-area teen artists. Ongoing - 'Ming Smith: Feeling the Future' Exhibition @ CAMH
NEW - the exhibition explores artist Ming Smith’s unique, multi-layered work in various formats. Ongoing - Si Lewen ‘The Parade’ Exhibition @ Menil
Menil’s latest exhibition features 63 drawings by Polish-American artist Si Lewen, which compromise a graphic novel depicting WWII and the liberation of Poland. Ongoing - ‘Hyperreal: Gray Foy’ Exhibition @ Menil
The exhibition features American artists Gray Foy’s most important and celebrated works. Ongoing - ‘The Curatorial Imagination of Walter Hopps’ Exhibition @ Menil
The exhibition explores the influential vision of one of the most distinguished curators - Walter Hopps, and features artwork by Warhol, Kienholz, Gilliam, and many others. Ongoing - 'Art of the Cameroon Grassfields' Exhibition @ Menil
This exhibition celebrates the enduring artistic traditions from Cameroon and its global diaspora. Ongoing - Wall Drawing Series: Mel Bochner @ Menil Drawing Institute
The Menil Drawing Institute is proud to work with artist Mel Bochner on the fourth installment of the museum’s ephemeral wall drawing series.
submitted by generalpao
to houston [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:31 HotlineLosAngeles-93 Any places to buy PS3 (or older gen) games in the Los Angeles, Burbank, Glendale areas?
I’ve got a store I go to but I’d like to have a wider selection.
submitted by HotlineLosAngeles-93
to PS3 [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:30 PhilMan11 Dunia Elvir Telemundo52 Los Angeles
2023.06.08 20:29 stingrayrodriguez Wearing camping gear as a dress
2023.06.08 20:27 PhilMan11 Rudabeh Shahbazi KCAL Los Angeles
2023.06.08 20:27 LokiRagnarok1228 Mystery Incorporated Question, Mister E
So when Mister E is revealed in episode 21 of the first season at around three minutes and fifty seconds. We can see all of his cameras and what he is currently watching. Two focused on Angel's Radio Station, one on the Clam Cabin, one on both the entrance to town and the road to town, one at Gatersburg, and finally one on City Hall. But if you look closely you'll see one out of place, who's bathroom does he have a camera in, and why is it on there when Angel shows up?
submitted by LokiRagnarok1228
to Scoobydoo [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:27 shrikefan22 Los Angeles Lakers Draft Guide
| || | submitted by shrikefan22 to lakers [link] [comments]
Potential fits at #17: 1. Jordan Hawkins: “I could see Hawkins fitting into Malik Beasley or Lonnie Walker’s role like a glove and with his movement skills, it could open up an array of attacks that the Lakers could exploit on the opponent’s defense.”
- Kobe Bufkin: “Kobe Bufkin fits the “guards with high IQ” mold the Lakers have shown to value in the draft with the acquisitions of Austin Reaves and previously Alex Caruso. Bufkin is trustworthy and steady with the ball in his hands while being a quick ball mover and decision-maker”
- Leonard Miller: “Miller would slot in as a bigger forward off the bench who would help a ton with rebounding and just potential size mismatches. He could play alongside Anthony Davis where Miller’s defensive miscues won’t be as detrimental with Davis on the backline”
- Maxwell Lewis: “Lewis works well as a secondary/tertiary player in the offense attacking bent defenses where he can exploit the creases and get good looks”
- Cason Wallace: “His fit on the Lakers would be very seamless as the roster has needed some defensive size and athleticism in the backcourt which Wallace definitely brings”
- Jett Howard: “While Jett Howard in theory would be a great fit between LeBron and AD with his shooting and secondary playmaking, it would be instrumental for him to improve his game around the edges so that he isn’t just a one-trick pony.”
2023.06.08 20:26 PlayPUBGMobile PUBG MOBILE - COMMUNITY EVENT - Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest - FULL LEGAL RULES
PUBG MOBILE Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED WORLDWIDE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR WHERE REGISTRATION, BONDING OR LOCALIZATION REQUIRED. SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND LOCAL LAWS.
This Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest
(the “Contest”) is in connection with the video game PUBG MOBILE (the “Game”), and is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”), the Game’s EULA available at https://www.pubgmobile.com/terms.html
The sponsor of this Contest is ZAM Network, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company with an office at 12777 W. Jefferson Blvd – Building E, Los Angeles, CA 90066 (“ZAM” or “Sponsor”).
- Promotion Period
The Contest begins on June 8 at 12pm PDT and runs through June 21 2023 at 11:59pm PDT (the “Promotion Period
In order to be eligible, participants must be at least (whichever is higher): (i) 18 years old, or (ii) the age of majority in their state or country of their legal residence as of the date of entry, who have an active email account and Internet access. This Contest it not open to legal residents of Bangladesh, China, Colombia, Dubai, Egypt, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Quebec of Canada, Singapore, South Australia and QLD, South Korea, Turkey. Any additional eligibility requirements will be indicated in the additional terms found on the applicable Contest webpage. Persons identified as “Blocked Persons” or persons subject to applicable sanctions prohibitions, including, without limitation, those persons listed on the U.S. Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Employees of ZAM, Proxima Beta Pte. Ltd., Krafton, and their respective parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to them through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Entry Instructions
To participate in the Contest and be eligible for a potential prize, participants must complete one of the entry methods indicated on the applicable Contest webpage during the Promotion Period. One entry per individual, household and/or email address is permitted, regardless of method of entry, unless expressly set forth to the contrary in the additional terms found on the applicable Contest webpage. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email or other account needed for participation. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, programmed or robotic system or the like entry methods to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become property of ZAM and none will be acknowledged or returned.
Social Media Entry: Collect your best PUBG MOBILE content; then upload your content to social media with the hashtag #PUBGMRRDC + #CONTEST.
- Entries must be original and not violate any third-party rights, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry.
- Entries may not contain material that (a) is obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law; (b) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, contractual rights, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of third parties; (c) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (d) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (e) is grossly harmful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, blasphemous, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, vulgar or offensive; (f) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (g) is violent, bullying, or threatening or promotes violence, money laundering or gambling, terrorism, or actions that are threatening or disrespectful to any person or entity; (h) harms minors in any way; or (i) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Entries must follow the community guidelines and terms of service of the social media platform used for entry (where applicable).
- Participants may enter any number of times, but are only eligible to win once per week during the Contest Period.
- Sponsor may reject any entries that are found, as determined by ZAM in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules.
- Drawing; Notification of Winners
All Contest entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the Contest. A panel of judges appointed by Sponsor (“Judges'') will review the entries based on the judging criteria specified below and confirm/select the number of Contest winners as indicated on the Contest Page. The Judge's determination of the Contest winners is final and binding, subject to the below.
Creativity: Creativity of the designs.
Originality: The uniqueness of the entry.
Popularity: The amount of social media interaction (e.g., likes and reposts) a post gets.
Each winner will receive the prize below. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except at the sole option of ZAM, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all income or other taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. ZAM will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. ZAM will use all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes in a timely fashion.
5 winners will each win UC valued at US$100
- Intellectual Property
- Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Sponsor’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit the entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for Sponsor’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. If an entrant is selected as a winner, instead of the license granted above, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original with entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations. If the entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry, relevant information and materials by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation.
Each entrant warrants that the entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant, its employees or personnel, or any other third party to be confidential, and that the entry, materials and information provided do not violate any laws or regulations. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third-party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event a submission is selected as a winning entry, and entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.
- Except to the extent prohibited by law, entrants waive the benefit of any “moral rights” or “droit moral” or similar rights in any country to any content that they upload, submit or otherwise provide to Sponsor associated with the Contest (“Entrant Content”). In addition, when an entrant creates, appears in, uploads, or posts Entrant Content, that entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, license, with the right to sublicense, to such entrant’s name, likeness, and voice, including in connection with commercial or sponsored content. This means, among other things, that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation from Sponsor, its affiliates, or its business partners if such entrant’s name, likeness, or voice is conveyed through the game or any related services, or on one of Sponsor’s business partner’s platforms.
In the event of a dispute as to any participant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. ZAM will make final determination of identity of participants and timing of entries in its sole discretion.
- Additional Conditions
ZAM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, if in ZAM’s opinion (a) the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within ZAM’s control, or (b) any other factors beyond ZAM’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, in all instances without liability to the participants. ZAM also reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner, as determined by ZAM, in its sole discretion.
- List of Winner(s)
Individuals may request the name of the winners by emailing Sponsor at [email protected]
with the subject line: “Reggaeton Remix Dance Contest
Winners List”, within 90 days from the end of the Contest.
- Personal Information
- Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability. ZAM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CONTEST ENTITIES, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS UTILIZED FOR THE CONTEST, AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/CONTEST AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a choosing from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold ZAM and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (a) any condition caused by events beyond ZAM’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (b) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you consent to the use of your name, photograph, likeness, voice, opinions, information, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to you (if true), hometown and jurisdiction of residence for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in ZAM’s newsletters, social media accounts and affiliated websites and the applicable Contest webpage, without further compensation.
- Governing Law
These Official Rules, and any action related thereto, will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law and the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 15 “Dispute Resolution and Arbitration” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and ZAM are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California and you and ZAM each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
- Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or participation in the Contest (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and ZAM agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Official Rules, and that you and ZAM are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Official Rules.
- Exceptions. As limited exceptions to Section 15(a) above: (i) we both may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights.
- Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Official Rules. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org. Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
- Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, and we won’t seek to recover the administration and arbitrator fees we are responsible for paying, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
- Injunctive and Declaratory Relief. Except as provided in 13(b) above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any claim asserted by either party and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. To the extent that you or we prevail on a claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual claims in arbitration.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND ZAM AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ Dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution and Arbitration section shall be null and void.
- Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 15(f) (“Class Action Waiver”), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Official Rules will still apply.
- Languages. These Official Rules may be made in multiple language versions. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
- Country Specific Notices.
- If any provision of these Official Rules is invalid under the law, rules, or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted.
- No Affiliation with Social Media Channels.
For any feedback or questions regarding these Official Rules, the Contest, winners, or prizes, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: [email protected]
submitted by PlayPUBGMobile
to PUBGMobile [link] [comments]